The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Sire said:

No it doesn't.

What likely happened is that you leveled up a certain Statue enough for the +1 Class EXP. That may be why class masteries are maxing out faster.

That's probably it, then.  The difference is pretty huge, but I can't check my statues yet to see.  I thought the bonuses were just to training and actual level EXP.  I don't remember any mention of class exp.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Captain Karnage@Dylan Corona He appears at least three times over the first half of the game, so three is the minimum amount you get for any route.

Mausoleum, his basement, Remire village. Then routes other than BE get an additional one on the final map pre-timeskip.

Edited by Humanoid

24 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Captain Karnage@Dylan Corona He appears at least three times over the first half of the game, so three is the minimum amount you get for any route.

Hide contents

Mausoleum, his basement, Remire village. Then routes other than BE get an additional one on the final map pre-timeskip.

I knew I was forgetting one lol. Thanks for the correction!

I'm about to do the Church route and I'm wondering if El and Hubert keep thier stats in Part 2, or do they just get their own? Also can I get Catherine to join me if I side with the church?

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Also can I get Catherine to join me if I side with the church?

Yes. The reason she won't join you early like in Dimitri's or Claude's routes is that she absolutely will not join Edelgard, so once the church route split happens, she will join.

Edited by Humanoid

Do Boots exist in this game? If not, any other ways to increase a unit’s movement (besides class changing obviously)?

Also, a few questions about mechanical stuff I’m used to from older games: Is there a way to skip cutscenes, like you would by hitting Start? And is there a way to, when you have combat animations off, force the animation to play on a particular battle, like you could in the 3ds games by holding R as you start the battle?

Edited by baticeer

5 minutes ago, baticeer said:

Do Boots exist in this game? If not, any other ways to increase a unit’s movement (besides class changing obviously)?

They exist but are now called Shoes of the Wind, +1 movement. There's also a March Ring, which does the same but is a piece of equipment that you need to hold onto, not a consumable.

7 minutes ago, baticeer said:

Yep! You can get them as rewards for saving green units, mostly. However you can buy them at Anna's shop late game, and you can grow some mini ones, if you use Veg and Fruit seeds. The ones you grow only grow it by one, but it's still a good thing to get. 

Edit: Got beaten. And I thought you said Boosts, but yeah, they have some stuff that gives you movement, like the person above me said. Not sure if you can grow some mini ones, though.

Edited by Dylan Corona

11 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yep! You can get them as rewards for saving green units, mostly. However you can buy them at Anna's shop late game, and you can grow some mini ones, if you use Veg and Fruit seeds. The ones you grow only grow it by one, but it's still a good thing to get. 

Edit: Got beaten. And I thought you said Boosts, but yeah, they have some stuff that gives you movement, like the person above me said. Not sure if you can grow some mini ones, though. 

No, you can't grow movement boosters (a mini one wouldn't be possible as the normal ones are already only +1), and as far as I know you only get one each of the Shoes and the Ring.

However, anyone can theoretically get a +1 movement equippable skill by getting to A+ in riding.

Edited by Humanoid

24 minutes ago, baticeer said:

Also, a few questions about mechanical stuff I’m used to from older games: Is there a way to skip cutscenes, like you would by hitting Start? And is there a way to, when you have combat animations off, force the animation to play on a particular battle, like you could in the 3ds games by holding R as you start the battle?

+ key for the first answer. Haven’t attempted the second. 

4 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

How many Dark Seals can you get in the Black Eagle path?

Three. Chapters 4, 6 and 8 (if you don't rush, the dark seal appears on a reinforcement unit, not sure what triggers it).

@Dylan Corona Edelgard and Hubert work like everyone else (so they get some kind of not fully understood level/stat boost in the timeskip). Edelgard will come in her class. Catherine and a bunch of other people unlock the moment you side with the Church (I'm pretty sure she, Cyril and Seteth join automatically, no need to recruit. Additionally you can get Hilda).

@Gamer76252 Pegasus is overall the best intermediate class, but if you're really getting fucked on Str Brigand might help.

1 hour ago, CrimsonFlower said:

I just finished Crimson Flower (first route). Which route do you guys recommend afterwards? 

I'd say go for Blue Lion : it is the most classic, story-wise, and is pretty much on the complete opposite spectrum of the Black eagle. So it makes for interesting comparisons.

So, to anyone who has recruited Petra on a non-BE playthrough, what are her increased ranks aside from swords? Because I think she joins as a thief. Which would be against my wishes to make her a Flier. However, I am thinking about making her a Falcon Knight on a future GD playthrough. So I want to know the best way to get her to that point. Just making her an assassin in his class system feels incomplete.

Also, I’m just curious about the Claude x Petra pairing.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

38 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, to anyone who has recruited Petra on a non-BE playthrough, what are her increased ranks aside from swords? Because I think she joins as a thief. Which would be against my wishes to make her a Flier. However, I am thinking about making her a Falcon Knight on a future GD playthrough. So I want to know the best way to get her to that point. Just making her an assassin in his class system feels incomplete.

Also, I’m just curious about the Claude x Petra pairing.

Mine came with nothing in lances but a fair bit invested into axes, so it was a no brainer to go Wyvern Rider.

Hmm...this may already have been answered earlier (I'm a bit careful of 3H spoilers so I admit, I'm a bit wary to dig the thread for an answer to this). My question concerns a certain Support conversation/level:

Spoiler

Basically I'm wondering if Seteth & Ingrid's A+ support is locked to a specific route?

Reason I'm asking is because the A+ conversation is listed in the Support Conversation log when accessed from the main menu (it's not unlocked in my saves yet). However, in my current GD save their support chain just ends at A - as in, there's no indication there's supposed to be an A+ in their support chain to unlock at all. A quick look at my brother's BE save tells the same story, so my guess is that this specific A+ is locked to BL and/or the BE Chrurch route (my brother's save is before the BE split so I can't tell for certain).

5 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

A variety of combat arts have "might increases based on user's [stat]". Has anyone investigated the formula for these might increases?

For Soulblade and Frozen Lance, the formula is Main attack stat(so Magic in these cases) + (Secondary stat *0.3).

So at 20 Mag 25 Dex, Frozen Lance would get a 20 + 7.5 = 27 damage bonus from stats alone. Then you add battalion bonuses and all that jazz. Interestingly, Fiendish blow applies to both of these(well, Soulblade for sure, I'm just assuming for Frozen Lance), as they're considered magic attacks and all.

I've only checked for those two however.

Edited by Cysx

Small one, does Dark Bishop's innate Fiendish Blow stack with the Mage's Class Mastery Fiendish Blow?
Just so I don't waste time in Mage for a skill that my unit won't even be able to use in their final class.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Small one, does Dark Bishop's innate Fiendish Blow stack with the Mage's Class Mastery Fiendish Blow?
Just so I don't waste time in Mage for a skill that my unit won't even be able to use in their final class.

It doesn't, or rather, they can't both exist at the same time. If you have learned Fiendish blow when you switch to Dark bishop, the skill disappears from your list while you're in that class. The game probably considers that it's already equipped.

5 hours ago, May B. said:

Does anybody knows which characters from BE and GD aren't opposed to participate at the Heron Cup? I would like to choose characters that at least don't hate the idea..

Dunno about the BE, but Lorenz, Hilda and Raphael are totally into it. Flayn as well.