The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do enemies start using combat arts? Because a pre-release video showed an enemy unit using one. Also, do paralogues get tougher as time passes?

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

do paralogues get tougher as time passes?

No, the recommended level (and more importantly, the enemy stats) doesn't change, regardless of when you attempt it.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

It doesn't, or rather, they can't both exist at the same time. If you have learned Fiendish blow when you switch to Dark bishop, the skill disappears from your list while you're in that class. The game probably considers that it's already equipped.

Dunno about the BE, but Lorenz, Hilda and Raphael are totally into it. Flayn as well.

I see, thanks!

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

When do enemies start using combat arts? Because a pre-release video showed an enemy unit using one. Also, do paralogues get tougher as time passes?

In part 1, during the 2nd mock battle, I spotted an enemy Leonie (Blue Lion route, BTW) with a Knightkneeler combat art.

I didn't gave her a chance to use it, and I never saw anymore art users ever since (currently chapter 16)

Edited by Modirufa6317

6 hours ago, Lysithea said:

By reaching part 2 I am assuming I cannot recruit characters from other Houses anymore?

You can rerecruit characters you recruited in part one, but I don't believe you can recruit anybody you hadn't already recruited.

Is there more than one year to the Officer's Academy?  Who are all these unnamed students you see wandering around the monastery?

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You can rerecruit characters you recruited in part one, but I don't believe you can recruit anybody you hadn't already recruited.

Well, that is unfortunate. 

This gives me the question how to fulfill all these requirements for recruiting...

Aside of Sylvain, Catherine and Shamir (who are all free I guess) no one was recruitable. 

Just now, Lysithea said:

Well, that is unfortunate. 

This gives me the question how to fulfill all these requirements for recruiting...

Aside of Sylvain, Catherine and Shamir (who are all free I guess) no one was recruitable. 

The easiest way to recruit most people is by reaching B supports with them.  You can do that by giving them gifts, particularly ones they like, getting their lost stuff, dining with them, singing in the choir, or having tea.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is there more than one year to the Officer's Academy?  Who are all these unnamed students you see wandering around the monastery?

I'm pretty sure it's only one year. If it were multiple years I would strongly expect the subject of students being in different years to come up, and to my knowledge it never does. And since Monica was supposed to graduate last year it's clear there are graduations every year; this combination implies a one-year program. The unnamed students are just that, obviously the academy has more than 24 students attending it; the game just decided to focus on those 24.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

But then the game mislead me. I thought the avatar needs a certain stat and weapon type level to recruit them. It was never really said that supports affect the recruitment unless I  was wrong. 

The game doesn't mention the support part but they definitely matter a lot. B support is pretty close to auto-recruit regardless of skills/stats, and even C lets you get people below the thresholds listed on Serenes.

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

But then the game mislead me. I thought the avatar needs a certain stat and weapon type level to recruit them. It was never really said that supports affect the recruitment unless I  was wrong. 

It actually does, in one of the first chapters there's the guide for the "Recruit" option, and IIRC it says that they'll join you if they're impressed by your skill in battle and/or you manage to have a close bond with them.

I have cleared the map a few days ago with some cheese, but I'm still wondering how exactly you are supposed to beat annete and Gilbert's paralogue.

Using stride/warp and hoping for a crit on the boss worked, but i'm sure thats not how the map was intended to be cleared. I don't know how else though since they spawn Annette near a bunch of generals with handaxes. They two shot her and Gilbert can't shield her since they attack from range. The swordmasters everywhere are kinda lame too.

When "buying" supports with renown in New Game+, does it automatically set your support points to a certain value, or does it give you enough points reach the assigned level on top of your existing points? I'm wondering because I don't want the points I gained so far to be "wasted" if I buy support levels.

10 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I have cleared the map a few days ago with some cheese, but I'm still wondering how exactly you are supposed to beat annete and Gilbert's paralogue.

Using stride/warp and hoping for a crit on the boss worked, but i'm sure thats not how the map was intended to be cleared. I don't know how else though since they spawn Annette near a bunch of generals with handaxes. They two shot her and Gilbert can't shield her since they attack from range. The swordmasters everywhere are kinda lame too.

I'm going from memory, but on normal mode at least, it looked like the enemies directly surrounding Annette and Gilbert wouldn't move unless you attacked them.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I know you can change the voice over language but is there a way for us to do the same for text as well?

I imagine it works like other games where all you have to do is change the Switch's system language  

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Which characters are unavailable or leave if you pick Edelgard's route in BE?

Flayn, Hilda, Seteth, Cyril, Catherine, Gilbert, Dedue. (Besides the other two lords, obviously.)

1. Is there a definitive guide as to how stats work in this game yet? I have seen a few but they seem to contradict each other sometimes (or leave info out perhaps).

2. What determines who gets MVP? It seems more complicated than just damaged dealt but perhaps I'm wrong? It feels more like damage dealt + exp earned + # of battles fought or something... But I really don't know!

44 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm going from memory, but on normal mode at least, it looked like the enemies directly surrounding Annette and Gilbert wouldn't move unless you attacked them.

In hard mode they do start out as not hostile, but that changes the moment you get close to Anetta/Gilbert or the boss. Then he calls in reinforcements and the generals start to move.

Does Ferdinand's B support with M!Byleth unlock after the timeskip? I'd like to get him recruited, but he just won't let me support him anymore...

5 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

2. What determines who gets MVP? It seems more complicated than just damaged dealt but perhaps I'm wrong? It feels more like damage dealt + exp earned + # of battles fought or something... But I really don't know!

I've had times where the MVP of a battle was the unit who only had a few battles at most, but landed the killing blow on the boss or other powerful units, so that might have something to do with it as well?

I have a question right now im playing the golden deer route,  i reach the 5 years skip, but the A support with lysithea said it has to pass some time to unlock it, i have to complete a chapter? Or is blocked since i reach a rank with another girl?

12 minutes ago, Sieghart said:

I have a question right now im playing the golden deer route,  i reach the 5 years skip, but the A support with lysithea said it has to pass some time to unlock it, i have to complete a chapter? Or is blocked since i reach a rank with another girl?

You can get it. Lysithea's A support is time locked until you complete chapter 17 if I recall correctly. You can literally A-support as many characters as you have if you manage to get the ranks up.