The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Does Ferdinand's B support with M!Byleth unlock after the timeskip? I'd like to get him recruited, but he just won't let me support him anymore... 

Yes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

So I recently asked Lorenz for mission assistance. Does this mean that I can now access his paralogue?

Nope, if you want his relic you will have to endure having him in the team forever. The price to pay for a busted item I guess.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

@timon Oh, that sucks! 😞 I guess I'll just make him an adjutant to build support in order to recruit him.

Giving him stuff he likes and the right lost items can help on that front, too, so there's that. Check this page out:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/monastery/gifts-lost-items/

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You can get it. Lysithea's A support is time locked until you complete chapter 17 if I recall correctly. You can literally A-support as many characters as you have if you manage to get the ranks up.

Ohh thanks pal.

Which character like Daffodils?  Every other flower, looks like there's at least one character that likes them, but I see nothing for daffodils.

Is it really useful to rank students only by assuming they started in your house? Students don't exist in a vacuum; If one of your students is bad, you should be looking to recruit another to replace them. To do this, you have to compare your student in your house to a student who hasn't been in your house for some period of time.

There being three units who like sunflowers but none who like daffodils makes me wonder if someone messed up entering the item ID.

As for recruitment, it's the first week of February and I've just had Ashe ask to join me, and I successfully asked four further units to join me during the exploration (only missing Ferdinand and Caspar because I don't have a single point in heavy armour). Think it's time to knock down the wall between the GD and BL classrooms because we need the space. The other two classes can share the other room.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is there a limit to how many students you can recruit in a week?

If you do it through recruiting them the standard way, then there is no limit except that you can only ask each individual student to join you once per day. There’s conflicting information about getting students to join you automatically through B-supports.

My question: I’ve started seeing people throw around statistics like “women are choosing Black Eagles” and “men are choosing Golden Deer.” Where are people getting this information?

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

My question: I’ve started seeing people throw around statistics like “women are choosing Black Eagles” and “men are choosing Golden Deer.” Where are people getting this information?

I’m guessing they mean that male/female Byleth players tend to prefer X, using the baked-in online stat tracking. 

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are flying units the only ones that are restricted in terms of which battalions they can use?

This certainly seems to be the case. While I can't view all the combinations at the moment, I've yet to see a restriction that wasn't due to being in a flying class or not having enough Authority. I'm not quite sure how a bunch of heavily armored foot soldiers can keep up with their 8-move horse-riding commander, but they sure manage somehow.

I'd wager that the biggest (or maybe even only) reason flying units can't use non-flying battalions is that the battalions would need... something... for when the commander is battling over the open water. Having a bunch of horses standing on the ocean would be less than desirable.

I was trying to figure out ways how support points work, but I got confusing results.

Example: Leonie and Byleth had supports with heart 9 times earlier in battle. SB stands for Significant Boost as the game says. Singing always give SB, and dining only gives SB when the food has an orange up arrow next to it, and neither of them dislikes the food. +1 is when the game gave me support boost with 1 arrow, +2 when is shows with 2 arrows.

1. Dining(SB), Singing(SB), cooking (+1) -> Byleth and Leonie can have C Support
  2. Dining(SB), Singing(SB), conversation choice (+1), 1 Gift (+1) -> Byleth and Leonie can have C Support
  3. Dining(SB), Singing(SB), 1 Gift (+1) -> Byleth and Leonie can have C Support
  4. Dining(SB), Cooking (+1), conversation choice (+1), 3 Gifts (+3) -> no Support

So how come that the random conversation choice in the 2nd one didn't contribute? Are they having different point values despite in giving +1?

My master plan hit a roadbump when Hilda promoted to Wyvern Rider and I didn't have a battalion to give to her, forcing me to switch Ingrid to Paladin for the time being. I'm in chapter 11 currently and wondering when the merchant will have new battalions to purchase - as far as I know he's only ever done so once and it was a long time ago. Right after the timeskip maybe?

And more generally I suppose, for people who still have their final saves, how many flying battalions do you have in total at the end of the game?

P.S. @VincentASM Any chance of adding movement type to the battalion page?

32 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

My master plan hit a roadbump when Hilda promoted to Wyvern Rider and I didn't have a battalion to give to her, forcing me to switch Ingrid to Paladin for the time being. I'm in chapter 11 currently and wondering when the merchant will have new battalions to purchase - as far as I know he's only ever done so once and it was a long time ago. Right after the timeskip maybe?

And more generally I suppose, for people who still have their final saves, how many flying battalions do you have in total at the end of the game?

Yes, only two batches before the timeskip. Pretty sure Seteth&Flayn's paralogue gives one flying battalion(among other things), though it's A rank.

My cleared GD file has 5 flying battalions +2 I didn't buy.

Do we have a list of paired endings yet? I'm slowly nearing the end of my first run, and wondering of the possibilities. Like, can any two people have a paired ending, even if not romantic? Or is there a finite list? I'm really hoping to get Hubert + Shamir an ending this run, but Hubert + Ferdinand are both each other's top 'close ally' and worry that's going to mess things up. 

14 minutes ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

Do we have a list of paired endings yet? I'm slowly nearing the end of my first run, and wondering of the possibilities. Like, can any two people have a paired ending, even if not romantic? Or is there a finite list? I'm really hoping to get Hubert + Shamir an ending this run, but Hubert + Ferdinand are both each other's top 'close ally' and worry that's going to mess things up. 

If they can get A rank they can have a paired ending. And yes, you can see who's going to be by looking at the closest allies list, though obviously it's a bit tricky since not everyone will have the respective other person as closest ally. I think people are still trying to figure out how it exactly works, but if you can manage to get the pairs you want to have each other on top of the list you should get what you want (it worked for me at least).

Byleth is obviously out of this whole deal, at some point lategame you choose whoever you want (if you have A with them). You can even choose to not choose and he'll have a solo ending.

Are swordmasters underpowered in this game? Compared to Assassins, they get less weapon exp for Bows and worse move in exchange for Astra as a class mastery skill, which honestly doesn't seem that good in this game since it cost a lot of weapon durability for an attack that is usually weaker than doubling....

1 hour ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Are swordmasters underpowered in this game? Compared to Assassins, they get less weapon exp for Bows and worse move in exchange for Astra as a class mastery skill, which honestly doesn't seem that good in this game since it cost a lot of weapon durability for an attack that is usually weaker than doubling....

Better growths in strength and built in Sword Crit +10 make them better offensively I'd say  but yeah, lower movement does suck a bit and Astra is crap in this game (still looks cool though)

A funny thing is happening. In Azure Moon C22, Dimitri is warning me about reinforcements, but they're not appearing even ten turns of doing nothing later. Anyone know whether it's just a mistake (maybe reinforcements are only on Hard, and the script plays on Normal too), or whether there's some other trigger that might be stopping them appearing?

What did Cyril do to deserve those horrible growth rates?  20% Aptitude just puts him on par with other units, but costs him his personal skill.