The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

i have a question!

it's about the BE route and recruiting Hilda..

i want to recruit her, but first i heard you can't so i went looking around  myself and i heard/read the following things

- Hilda can't be recruited

- Hilda can be recruited in post time skip

- Hilda will auto join you in the 3rd month before the time skip

- you need to have Hilda at B support before you will be able to recruit her in the 3rd month before the time skip

- Hilda can be recruited only at church route but not at the Edelgard route

- Hilda will auto join you in post time skip if you spare a certain character

but what about Hilda and getting her is truth? because it's getting confusing for me...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Coolboy said:

i have a question!

i want to recruit her, but first i heard you can't so i went looking around  myself and i heard/read the following things

- you need to have Hilda at B support before you will be able to recruit her in the 3rd month before the time skip

but what about Hilda and getting her is truth? because it's getting confusing for me...

That makes two of us. All this conflicting information is making it hard to discern the truth...

7 minutes ago, Coolboy said:

i have a question!

Hilda can be recruited on Church route, but not Edelgard route. She can be recruited if you hack the game into giving her a B support, in which case she has a chance of autorecruiting onto your team, but not in normal play (she also can't gain support with you in normal play). She can also only be recruited in the single month before the timeskip, in Church route. 

1 minute ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Hilda can be recruited on Church route, but not Edelgard route. She can be recruited if you hack the game into giving her a B support, in which case she has a chance of autorecruiting onto your team, but not in normal play (she also can't gain support with you in normal play). She can also only be recruited in the single month before the timeskip, in Church route. 

Bold: Oof. This... sucks... really... bad.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Bold: Oof. This... sucks... really... bad.

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous, especially since her stat reqs are so high. You basically have to spend 5 months focusing into Axe to get her into your team. 

6 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

So wait, if you get her to B support (you don't need hacking for that btw, I did it) in Edelgard's route you can have her autojoin even if you go empire?

Otherwise I don't get what you're saying, I got her in Church route no problem? Raising her to B support is really not that hard, you can get to C just by eating and then spam flowers on chapter 11 if anything.

Edited by timon

2 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous, especially since her stat reqs are so high. You basically have to spend 5 months focusing into Axe to get her into your team. 

Not to mention the 30 Charm. Ugh.

Just now, timon said:

So wait, if you get her to B support (you don't need hacking for that btw, I did it) in Edelgard's route you can have her autojoin even if you go empire?

How did you manage to do that? I'm pretty sure, but I haven't done it myself, so take it with several grains of salt.  

3 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

How did you manage to do that? I'm pretty sure, but I haven't done it myself, so take it with several grains of salt.  

Well you can't give her gifts but you can still eat and do choir (which she likes), and I'm pretty sure once I got to C I unlocked Tea time? That might be me misremembering stuff, but I'm certain I got her to B before even choosing which side to take. Don't know how many months I had her at B, but she never asked me. I'm not sure about the chances though, so no idea if I was unlucky or it's just not possible (I think it's locked tbh).

Edited by timon

9 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

i did get her at C support with inviting her for a meal and singing with her at the church,

and all of a sudden i can invite her for tea now that i have C support, i did this twice so far, 1 time after i gained C support and when it was her birthday, since i knew her personality the answers were easy so i got 2 perfect tea time moments with her but right now i am aiming to get her at least B support just in case.

1 hour ago, timon said:

Well you can't give her gifts but you can still eat and do choir (which she likes), and I'm pretty sure once I got to C I unlocked Tea time? That might be me misremembering stuff, but I'm certain I got her to B before even choosing which side to take. Don't know how many months I had her at B, but she never asked me. I'm not sure about the chances though, so no idea if I was unlucky or it's just not possible (I think it's locked tbh).

Can confirm, currently on chapter 8 BE route and I've had Hilda at B rank support(as in I've triggered the conversation) for a while by now. She did not offer to join up until now, I doubt she will.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

In the case that I purchase the expansion pass, it will be if I start an other route? Or only for the route I’m playing and I’ll have to buy it again later?

It's for the whole game. 

Is it even possible to reach the stat caps in the game right now?  The statues raise the max stats by 5, but the caps are so insanely high that you're never going to reach them.  As far as I know there's no grinding possible in the game at this point (except Normal mode "free battles"), so is there ever a reason to buy these statue upgrades?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Is it even possible to reach the stat caps in the game right now?  The statues raise the max stats by 5, but the caps are so insanely high that you're never going to reach them.  As far as I know there's no grinding possible in the game at this point (except Normal mode "free battles"), so is there ever a reason to buy these statue upgrades?

Assuming that normally stats cap at 50 then yes, you can definitely reach the normal caps on select characters. My Lysithea is at 47 magic right now and Byleth at 46 charm. Both will probably cap those respective stats before the last chapter. Especially Byleth if I keep doing tea time.

Other characters though are probably not gonna cap any stats. My third closest ones to a cap are Shamir and Leonie both with 40 dex but I highly doubt there's enough chapters left for them to get 10 extra dex to reach the cap.

24 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Assuming that normally stats cap at 50 then yes, you can definitely reach the normal caps on select characters. My Lysithea is at 47 magic right now and Byleth at 46 charm. Both will probably cap those respective stats before the last chapter. Especially Byleth if I keep doing tea time.

Other characters though are probably not gonna cap any stats. My third closest ones to a cap are Shamir and Leonie both with 40 dex but I highly doubt there's enough chapters left for them to get 10 extra dex to reach the cap.

Most stats cap significantly above 50. Lysethia's magic cap is 86, you've just passed halfway there.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/maximum-stats/

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Most stats cap significantly above 50. Lysethia's magic cap is 86, you've just passed halfway there.

Woah! Never mind anything I said then. I thought that once the bar next to the stat fills up that was that but I guess not. That does seem impossible to reach then. Wonder why they made them so high.

Edit: just checked and lol, the closest one to capping any stat is Dorothea, and it's her strength that's close to it. 4 more points to reach the cap of 30. Maybe I'll switch her to physically inclined class just for the novelty of having it capped.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Re. Hilda: You can only recruit her in the month before the timeskip. I used renown to unlock her A Support and she joined on her own despite me lacking the Axe and Charm otherwise (she didn't join with just a B Support, but maybe that was just bad luck).

14 hours ago, Coolboy said:

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

14 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

14 hours ago, timon said:

12 hours ago, Cysx said:

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Re. Hilda: You can only recruit her in the month before the timeskip. I used renown to unlock her A Support and she joined on her own despite me lacking the Axe and Charm otherwise (she didn't join with just a B Support, but maybe that was just bad luck).

I assume you've gone Church. Probably a B is enough, it's just locked out until you choose your side.

Shame really, I've already said this a couple times, but it really doesn't make any sense to lock out Hilda of all people. Seems like an excuse to not make you play the same paralogue 2 times.

Regarding Black Eagles route, I feel like I didn't get an option to choose.

Spoiler

The game put me on the church route.

Before the Holy Mausoleum there was no option to oppose the church or to side with it. After that Rhea asked me to kill Edelgard, but bow the choices put me to church route.

What did I miss?

55 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Regarding Black Eagles route, I feel like I didn't get an option to choose.

Hide contents

The game put me on the church route.

Before the Holy Mausoleum there was no option to oppose the church or to side with it. After that Rhea asked me to kill Edelgard, but bow the choices put me to church route.

What did I miss?

Did you talk to Edelgard in the Monastery prior to the battle? She'll ask you to go somewhere with her and the game will say THIS DECISION WILL DRASTICALLY ALTER THE COURSE OF THE STORY or something like that.

Others have said, though I'm not sure that this is true, that it must be the first free day of the month.

Edited by De Geso

Ok, this might be odd...... still, I just beat my first run. I was a female Byleth, sided with the Empire, and acheiched S rank with Edelgard. Next run, I pick Golden deer so I can be close to Leonie, figuring I'll marry her this run. I test out buying supports, and I can already S rank with her. I tried it, saved it on another file, reset, and it's in my support log now. Clearly as female Byleth I could not have an S rank with her, so I didn't unlock it before. Is this a glitch of some kind, or is there something at play here? Leonie WAS my closest ally in the last run, so did it unlock her paired ending too? That's my best guess. It will make grinding out all of the S supports easier if I can get two a run. Still, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, if there's more going on that I know, etc. If someone's figured out how to get three S ranks a run, I'd love to know lol. Thank you for your time. 

EDIT: To answer the above, while you do need to see the scene with Edelgard, it does NOT need to be the first of the month. Once you see the scene you skip ahead a week and miss some instruction, so I saved it to the last possible week so I wouldn't miss anything. To see this scene, you need to have a support rank with her. I forget if it's C or C+, but I made sure to keep it at the highest possible for the time and it worked fine. Give her gifts, invite to meals, stay near her in battle, etc. Shouldn't be too hard if you actively go after it. 

Edited by bookwormbabe29
Answered question

On recruiting post timeskip:

Spoiler

I picked up Lysithea on the map where you fight Claude. She joined as a Mage rather than as a Gremory like she was as an enemy, and her ranks were all much lower (especially Faith). Is there a stopping point of auto-leveling for recruited units, and do we know what and when it is?

15 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Do we know if the different classes will affect the stats' cap? I made Marianne into a Fortress Knight for shit and giggles and she's only at level 28 but is already a few points away from capping her STR and DEF according to the chart.