The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if switching to Casual mode from Classic mode will revive fallen characters from previous chapters? I remember this being the case with Fates, but I want to confirm if it’s the same for 3H. I just lost Ashe on Ch 17 of BL and I’m all out of divine pulses, and I reaaaaally don’t want to have to restart this battle.

does anyone know if ng+ stacks?

say i did blue lions first and then some other routes and then back to blue lions with the same save file and ng+, do i still get to say buy dimitri's lance skill back up or does it only save the stuff u get from the previous route only?

just a update to the question i asked!

it turns out you can recruit Hilda in the BE on your first time playing the game,

i got her at B support and after the mission battle of february she ended up asking me to join my class somewhere in the 3rd month

i used no renown, didn't had a high Axe skill at all,

if you have her at B support she will want to join your class i guess?

so my recommendation is to have her at B support before march.

17 minutes ago, Coolboy said:

just a update to the question i asked!

it turns out you can recruit Hilda in the BE on your first time playing the game,

i got her at B support and after the mission battle of february she ended up asking me to join my class somewhere in the 3rd month

i used no renown, didn't had a high Axe skill at all,

if you have her at B support she will want to join your class i guess?

so my recommendation is to have her at B support before march.

Yeah that confirms what was previously suggested, she joins you after that mission because I'm guessing you didn't side with Edelgard. If you did, she wouldn't have been available.

If you DID side with Edelgard though, that's a major discovery.

How do I get trigger Edelgard to get the C support for Byleth? I'm at Chapter 3 right now and I did let Byleth stayed close enough to Edelgard during at battle (I think it's about 2 battles) and it doesn't seem to show up somehow?

Spoiler

I wanted to get at least the C support with Edelgard so that I can complete one of the requirements to play the secret route.

Edited by King Marth 64

8 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

How do I get trigger Edelgard to get the C support for Byleth? I'm at Chapter 3 right now and I did let Byleth stayed close enough to Edelgard during at battle (I think it's about 2 battles) and it doesn't seem to show up somehow?

Hide contents

I wanted to get at least the C support with Edelgard so that I can complete one of the requirements to play the secret route.

Don't worry if you're playing normally. It's quite hard not to ever reach C, and you'll unlock more support-building methods a bit later.

One thing I'll say is "Tutor your students into exhaustion".
As I quickly found out, you can't get bad results if they start with a full motivation bar.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, LoboKD001 said:

does anyone know if ng+ stacks?

say i did blue lions first and then some other routes and then back to blue lions with the same save file and ng+, do i still get to say buy dimitri's lance skill back up or does it only save the stuff u get from the previous route only?

it stacks. i've played with Ingrid 3 times and some of her skills that i got further in my other paths. 
(though i'll be honest, there are some units i'd rather spend it on vs. someone like Dimitri who can easily get to A-A+ in lances). 

Just now, Yukiko said:

If I promote a unit from thief to assasin, he/she will loose her class skills, right? Do they have to stay thieves forever if I want them to steal and open chests and doors?

You're right that they will lose their class skills, but Steal can be obtained by mastering Thief, so no. Assassin also has Locktouch.

So, I have many questions and I was too scared of simply using the search function. I'm still in the early part 2, playing on the Golden Deer route.

(Part 1 Lategame / Part 2 Earlygame)

Spoiler

If I am doing some other route that is not Edelgard's, can I still join her?

If I'm in Edelgard's route, do I automatically join her?

Do the maps change depending on the route you pick (for part 1. I know it does on part 2)?

Is there a NG+? How does that work? Do I unlock anything else after beating the game?

4 minutes ago, Rapier said:

So, I have many questions and I was too scared of simply using the search function. I'm still in the early part 2, playing on the Golden Deer route.

(Part 1 Lategame / Part 2 Earlygame)

Reveal hidden contents

If I am doing some other route that is not Edelgard's, can I still join her?

If I'm in Edelgard's route, do I automatically join her?

Do the maps change depending on the route you pick (for part 1. I know it does on part 2)?

Is there a NG+? How does that work? Do I unlock anything else after beating the game?

Spoiler

No and no; you have to talk to her with a C+ support on her route during February and choose to go with her, and then later choose to not kill her. And you cannot join her on any other route. 

They do not change depending on the route you pick in pt. 1. Prepare for a slog.
You carry over renown, saint statues, and unlocked battalions, and can buy back other unlocked things with renown. There is one more thing that shows up if you go to the Amiibo Gazebo in NG+ and use an amiibo. 

Question about NG+.

I know chaining NG+ files is the way to go for NG+ bonuses, but I wonder if the bonuses simply rely on having a "NG+ Indicator" and the available pool is updated every time one finishes a playthrough.

For example...
1. NG Black Eagles (First Route)
2A. NG+ Blue Lions (NG+ File from Black Eagles)
2B: NG+ Golden Deer (NG+ File from Black Eagles)
3. NG++ Black Eagles (NG+ File from Blue Lions. Golden Deer was finished, but the BL file was used.)

Would the 2nd Black Eagles run contain just the original BE data and the new BL data, or will it also count GD as it was finished despite not being part of the NG+ chain?

Just wondering if any research was done on this. Thanks in advance!

I have finished all four paths, unlock all movies and events, yet I am still missing two songs:

- the song under Gazing at Sirius

- the song under A star in the morning sky (Edge of Dawn long version?)

Can anyone explains to me how to get these two?

My question was solved:

First song was Song of Nabatean (Sothis' lullaby), second song was Edge of Dawn (full version)

Both songs could only be unlocked if you played the event in Japanese audio, pretty sure it's a glitch.

First song can be unlocked by play event "Rhea and Sothis", second song require you to have a post battle save before credit scene.

Regarding paired endings, I know it's based on the closest allies thing but:

1. Do both characters need to be in each other's top spot?

2 If Byleth is in person A's top spot but S supports person B, does person A get a paired ending with the person in their second spot or are they alone? Basically does Byleth block other endings even if they don't have an ending with the person?

7 minutes ago, sunshinescj said:

Regarding paired endings, I know it's based on the closest allies thing but:

1. Do both characters need to be in each other's top spot? 

2 If Byleth is in person A's top spot but S supports person B, does person A get a paired ending with the person in their second spot or are they alone? Basically does Byleth block other endings even if they don't have an ending with the person?

1) No, but it's wonky in that it's completely opaque to the player as to which person's support list is evaluated first. For example,  if B is the first person on A's list, but C is the first person on B's list, then either:

a) The game looks at A first and pairs A with B; or
   b) It looks at B's list first and pairs B with C.

Which scenario above happens depends on the specific identity of each of A, B and C so it's not at all easily predictable. There probably is a list out there based on each unit's internal ID in the code to determine who is processed first.

2) Next eligible person.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

1) No, but it's wonky in that it's completely opaque to the player as to which person's support list is evaluated first. For example,  if B is the first person on A's list, but C is the first person on B's list, then either:

a) The game looks at A first and pairs A with B; or
   b) It looks at B's list first and pairs B with C.

Which scenario above happens depends on the specific identity of each of A, B and C so it's not at all easily predictable. There probably is a list out there based on each unit's internal ID in the code to determine who is processed first.

2) Next eligible person.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, sunshinescj said:

Thank you!

To expand a bit, it is very likely that the order the characters are processed is the order of internal IDs posted by Vincent some time back. In essence, the order is:

Byleth
Edelgard
Dimitri
Claude
(The seven remaining Black Eagles)
(The seven remaining Blue Lions)
(The seven remaining Golden Deer)
Other people

The order of the students appears to be the same way they are ordered in the various tables on the main SF site, such as this one, so Hubert > Dorothea > Ferdinand > Bernadetta > etc.

I stress that it's still a theory at the moment, although a likely one. Some previous discussion on the topic can be seen here.

Edited by Humanoid

13 hours ago, daisy jane said:

it stacks. i've played with Ingrid 3 times and some of her skills that i got further in my other paths. 
(though i'll be honest, there are some units i'd rather spend it on vs. someone like Dimitri who can easily get to A-A+ in lances). 

Oh nice! now only if i didn't messed up and started my third run with the wrong ng+ file >T

thx for the answer