The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 hours ago, Escape the Fate said:

Is Ferdinand/Lysithea’s paralogue available on Crimson Flower? Or does the calendar not advance far enough to unlock it?

It is not, or certainly I did not unlock it despite having both characters. It has some plot that also probably wouldn't work very well on Crimson Flower.

51 minutes ago, sunshinescj said:

I'm getting close to finishing Golden Deer as well and I have a similar question. I'll probably be doing Blue Lions next which puts me doing both Black Eagles routes back to back. Should I save before the route split and start both routes from the same point or are the maps/enemies different enough that I might want to class students differently? Also what chapter is the split so I know when to save?

The split is in Chapter 11, and you will be amply warned about the choice. Note that there are actually two warnings of "this is an important choice"; I recommend agreeing to Edelgard's request for the first regardless, because it keeps the second choice open. Then, you can keep a save before the second (and final) choice should you wish.

The maps/enemies are certainly different but it's not as if I would recommend different builds for each route. The biggest difference is that certain characters will leave your party depending on the decision you make, so if you do two separate files you have the advantage of being able to level those characters less. (In particular, if you're doing Crimson Flower, Edelgard is a highly effective PC and thus worth giving a lot of experience to, while on Silver Snow, she'll leave making extra training of her feel wasted.)

As I've mentioned in another thread I think doing Crimson Flower as your last route would feel very weird to me, since it's the most different. Silver Snow has far too much rehash of Verdant Winds and Azure Moon, so you might want to separate it from them a bit more. In general, the biggest piece of advice is to not do Verdant Winds and Silver Snow back to back, though it sounds like you'll avoid that regardless.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things: one, how do I marry Sothis? Does it involve being on a specific route? Second, who must be spared and recruited to get back after the timeskip, and how do I go about doing this?

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Two things: one, how do I marry Sothis? Does it involve being on a specific route?

As far as I can tell you just have to choose her as your S support partner when the game asks you "who do you love" on the day before the final chapter.

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

As far as I can tell you just have to choose her as your S support partner when the game asks you "who do you love" on the day before the final chapter.

It's that simple? I...kinda expected it WOULDN'T be.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's that simple? I...kinda expected it WOULDN'T be.

It is. It's not always the day before the final chapter, but that actually is all there is to it.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

It is. It's not always the day before the final chapter, but that actually is all there is to it.

Well, that's reassuring. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

It is not, or certainly I did not unlock it despite having both characters. It has some plot that also probably wouldn't work very well on Crimson Flower.

The split is in Chapter 11, and you will be amply warned about the choice. Note that there are actually two warnings of "this is an important choice"; I recommend agreeing to Edelgard's request for the first regardless, because it keeps the second choice open. Then, you can keep a save before the second (and final) choice should you wish.

The maps/enemies are certainly different but it's not as if I would recommend different builds for each route. The biggest difference is that certain characters will leave your party depending on the decision you make, so if you do two separate files you have the advantage of being able to level those characters less. (In particular, if you're doing Crimson Flower, Edelgard is a highly effective PC and thus worth giving a lot of experience to, while on Silver Snow, she'll leave making extra training of her feel wasted.)

As I've mentioned in another thread I think doing Crimson Flower as your last route would feel very weird to me, since it's the most different. Silver Snow has far too much rehash of Verdant Winds and Azure Moon, so you might want to separate it from them a bit more. In general, the biggest piece of advice is to not do Verdant Winds and Silver Snow back to back, though it sounds like you'll avoid that regardless.

Argh, thanks. With Dorothea’s as well, looks like I’ll have to New Game+ for canon battalions on BE.

Edited by Escape the Fate

9 hours ago, De Geso said:

Probably BE-E or BL, and I would say BL would be the better of the two as I've heard the BE-E route is best played last from a few people.

7 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Thanks. I think I'll go Crimson Flower next and then Azure Moon to avoid doing both Black Eagle routes back to back.

On another note, can anyone explain to me how crest items work in ng+? I tried giving them to the students but there was no option to equip or use them. What are they for? And can I acquire more of them?

On 8/28/2019 at 12:27 AM, LordFrigid said:

Spd - [Effective Weight]

Where [Effective Weight] = [Wt of equipped items] - FLOOR(Str / 5) - [Weight reducing bonuses from skills]. Minimum value of 0.

Thank you.

Does anyone happen to know whom to deliver the high quality tea to after getting it from Ferdinand?

15 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thank you.

Does anyone happen to know whom to deliver the high quality tea to after getting it from Ferdinand?

Since I’m here anyway.

...Does this count as a spoiler? Just in case,

Spoiler

Lorenz. If you just got it, I believe he’s at the Fishing Pond. He should be marked on the mini map by a...paper-looking quest icon thing...I’m not sure what it’s actually called.

Kind of ruins all of those “give this item to a mystery person” quests, tbh.

Edited by LordFrigid

11 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

And unless I'm mistaken 

Reveal hidden contents

she is not an option in edelgard empire route for story related reasons

Spoiler

Nah, she is an option there as well. I get what makes you think that(I think), but you can watch part 66 of Mangs' playthrough if you want proof. It's early in the video.

Edited by Cysx

16 hours ago, sunshinescj said:

I'm getting close to finishing Golden Deer as well and I have a similar question. I'll probably be doing Blue Lions next which puts me doing both Black Eagles routes back to back. Should I save before the route split and start both routes from the same point or are the maps/enemies different enough that I might want to class students differently? Also what chapter is the split so I know when to save?

I did this, thinking i'd do it. 
but i ended up playing the game all over again for a few reasons. 

1: the renown gain. (what can i say. I am a renown fiend!). i generally spend a bit trying to get my units right away and buying my professorship back. so getting more to replace that + earning more for future playthroughs trumped blitzing through the first path again. 

2: Knowing what happens at the split. (which is a given), i didn't want to spend too much time building up some characters, and i wanted to gain some others. that wasn't an option at my split file (also making the decision easier to cut bait and run)

3: it's chapter 11. (I STRONGLY suggest not talking to Edelgard until the last free day). you miss a week otherwise. 

my actual question -
am i nuts that i want to play this a 5th time LOL i am loving the game and the different options i can give my characters. I thought i'd be tired after the 4th time (but actually the BE path left me wanting to play Azure Moon/Verdant Wind again for the simple fact that you 

Spoiler

Don't even freaking get to play the Gronder Field rematch again which is hands down my favourite event on those paths.

- and i can try different class builds and - well more renown. a lot of the "FUN" stuff on DLC though really isn't happening until like the end of the year? (and then april is 4 months after that where the new characters etc come in).  -do you get more renown for playing on Classic mode? I never do classic even though i am tempted haha but i could try to see if i could handle it here. (the only classic i do is PoR).

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

On another note, can anyone explain to me how crest items work in ng+? I tried giving them to the students but there was no option to equip or use them. What are they for? And can I acquire more of them?

They just have to be in the unit’s inventory. They’re nice for giving extra bonuses, or allowing units to use Relics that they normally wouldn’t.

You can acquire more using your Journal, by spending Renown. I think it’s 1000 points each.

4 hours ago, Cysx said:
  Hide contents

Nah, she is an option there as well. I get what makes you think that(I think), but you can watch part 66 of Mangs' playthrough if you want proof. It's early in the video.

Somehow I don't remember seeing her in the list. Do you know what happens if you choose her? Does Byleth just have a solo ending?

Edited by Eltoshen

6 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Somehow I don't remember seeing her in the list. Do you know what happens if you choose her? Does Byleth just have a solo ending?

Spoiler

Unfortunately no, I don't know. Not on the Empire route anyway. You made me curious but I no longer have a save file near that point:x

42 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It's just the same as every other route, but Byleth has dark hair. Looking back to it it doesn't necessarily "not make sense", I don't think you actually erase the Goddess completely in CF, you just lose her powers and obviously separate from her. Since she's a goddess, I guess she has the power to come back to Byleth even if they don't share a heart.

In a way, it's the most romantic way of romancing Sothis.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Is the Gronder Field part Two in the BE Church Path?

No. It just gets mentioned as a battle that took place, and you get told the result. Then you move on to taking the fort afterwards.

Just now, Tables said:

No. It just gets mentioned as a battle that took place, and you get told the result. Then you move on to taking the fort afterwards.

thanks. 
geeze. the only reason i can see me playing black eagles again (ever) is to get "Line of Lances" Battalions on this path since i do flyer emblem. Gronder Field (both times) is hands down one of my favourite events of the whole game and the fact it's nixed on both black eagle paths is really weird to me.

Spoiler

I was wondering abouth the part in Church route when Dimitri "dies" but you can talk to him after you learn that.  I told him that he could still be saved, then he left.  If I chose the other option can I recruit him or does he go away no matter what?

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:
  Hide contents

I was wondering abouth the part in Church route when Dimitri "dies" but you can talk to him after you learn that.  I told him that he could still be saved, then he left.  If I chose the other option can I recruit him or does he go away no matter what?

The lords are never playable unless you start on their faction.

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Since I’m here anyway.

...Does this count as a spoiler? Just in case,

Reveal hidden contents

Lorenz. If you just got it, I believe he’s at the Fishing Pond. He should be marked on the mini map by a...paper-looking quest icon thing...I’m not sure what it’s actually called.

Kind of ruins all of those “give this item to a mystery person” quests, tbh.

Thanks.

I must have overlooked it as I was exploring. Funny thing, I've spoken to him every time that I can during exploration and he has never mentioned tea. 

About class changing, is there an easier way to view class experience other than going to Certifications? Most of my units hover around lv 10 and I want to promote them but the beginner classes have some nice skills I want them to learn.