The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

@daisy jane Since I haven't beaten the BL playthrough, will I still be able to revisit it if i don't save over the file?

once you beat the game - you can't continue to play through it. 
so for example. 
I played GD. i finished it. so when i open it it asks me if i want to create a new save file with my current data. then you have to start all over and pick your house again etc etc. 

there's nothing to revisit. (except wanting to see the battle data etc)

if you are meaning something else, then i am really sorry that i'm not getting what you are asking. 

@daisy jane Ok, thank you so much for all your help!

Does anyone know the deal with Dedue post-timeskip? I heard there was a requirement... (I did his paralogue, did I fulfill the requirement?) Please try to keep it as little spoilers as possible since I have not gotten to this point. 

Edited by Bk1234

21 minutes ago, EdeaCreamer said:

The Exp. Needed for Skill Ranks table on the site isn't yet complete, anyone know where there's a full table explaining how many points are 'needed for next' and 'overall totals' at each Rank value?

I mean, I've made one:

Nzwfw0w.jpg

15 hours ago, Cysx said:

I mean, I've made one:

Nzwfw0w.jpg

Thank you for this, this is great.

You mentioned in another thread you were looking into exp. I've collected some stuff for some rudimentary guesses on how combat exp works in this game, but I suspect you probably have more. Do you think it would be a good idea to make some sort of calculations thread for stuff like this + other stuff you've posted in the past?

I am currently on the last chapter of Golden Deer and I have some questions for before I beat the game so that I know when/what to save where:

Does battle data let you view paired endings or do I need to redo the final map to see them again?

If I make a new game plus file from the Golden Deer save do I lose the ability to see paired endings or is that only if I save over the file with the NG+ file?

6 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Thank you for this, this is great.

You mentioned in another thread you were looking into exp. I've collected some stuff for some rudimentary guesses on how combat exp works in this game, but I suspect you probably have more. Do you think it would be a good idea to make some sort of calculations thread for stuff like this + other stuff you've posted in the past?

I actually have very little when it comes to combat exp, I was planning on looking into it next. Healing exp ended up being pretty basic so at least that's covered; I'm always up for making informative threads however, and the exp formula could be a good occasion for a megathread, I just don't have enough "new" to justify it at this point I feel. Though if more people are up we can also figure it out together. Crests activation rates would also be something pretty useful... that would require a ton of testing.

3 hours ago, sunshinescj said:

I am currently on the last chapter of Golden Deer and I have some questions for before I beat the game so that I know when/what to save where:

Does battle data let you view paired endings or do I need to redo the final map to see them again?

If I make a new game plus file from the Golden Deer save do I lose the ability to see paired endings or is that only if I save over the file with the NG+ file?

You get two chances to save after clearing the final map, one to make a post battle save, which allows you to see the ending/battle data/character endings again, and one that gives you a "cleared" save, which can only be used to start a new game +.
As long as you keep the post battle save, you can see the ending and paired endings again, without having to redo the final map. Paired endings aren't otherwise visible anywhere, to my knowledge anyway.
Technically the Switch also allows you to make recordings/screenshots of the paired endings. That's a bit more practical imo.

Edited by Cysx

7 hours ago, Escape the Fate said:

Minor question, does the Sword of the Creator restores its uses when it goes Sublime? Or does it maintain it and the timeskip/forge/rest is the only way?

It gets restored. I'd assume it's a full repair, but I've only ever knocked 6 uses off of it before the event, so I can't be totally sure.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

What is the color of Byleth's battalion in game? Is it White/Red or Black/Pink?

At least post-skip, it seems all battalions use your chosen faction's colors regardless of the leader's personal colors or country of origin, and also regardless of the battalion's origins. My Byleth's battalion has an imperial red color scheme, as do those led by Ingrid, Leonie, and Alois. And between them they're using battalions from every faction. Pre-skip might be different, but I can't recall.

35 minutes ago, De Geso said:

How do you get Mythril?

by farming the flying birds. (and in Rhea's paralogue)

Wootz Steel are the Wolves
Umbreal Steal are the lizard looking things. 
Aga... whatever it is called (and sometimes Venonstone) are the Snakes

on the rare beast maps you can spam to get what you need. (I always spam for Mythril).