The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

19 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I didn't get this paralogue when I had both of them. I don't know if there's a time limit on it triggering, or a special requirement.

It’s not available on Crimson Flower due to the calendar not advancing far enough, so only the other 3 routes. If you’re after “canon” battalions, it should be noted that Caspar’s (paralogue with Mercedes) and Dorothea’s (due to having to visit the opera house when you fight in Enbarr) are unavailable in Crimson Flower as well. You can get Linhardt’s (paralogue with Leonie), Bernadetta’s and Petra’s though.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Do you fight Marianne on the Crimson Flower Route?

as far as anyone knows - Marianne (if you don't recruit her) doesn't show up on any path. 

Spoiler

A big theory is - Marianne commits suicide. in her support with Byleth she said when she prayed to the Goddess she was praying that the Goddess kill her. so people feel that without the promise to come back, the weight of her 'cursed' crest - she took matters in her own hands. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

as far as anyone knows - Marianne (if you don't recruit her) doesn't show up on any path. 

Hide contents

A big theory is - Marianne commits suicide. in her support with Byleth she said when she prayed to the Goddess she was praying that the Goddess kill her. so people feel that without the promise to come back, the weight of her 'cursed' crest - she took matters in her own hands. 

Oh I thought she was like Nyx and you don't fight her and she runs away with Claude if he's spared.:tangerinesadness:

57 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

#2: I dunno. I've ONLY played as Female Byleth and I ALWAYS have her as a bow wiedling falcon knight. girl can eat a map with a bow, lemme tell you

I did this for one of my runs and I perfectly agree, she's incredible!! Her bow crit animation is especially beautiful and I'm so glad they took the time to animate a unique crit animation for a class/ weapon combination that isn't even "canon"!

49 minutes ago, timon said:

Pegasus, Falcon and Gremory over Dark Mage, Dark Bishop, Brawler, Grappler and War Master. Yes please.

I got the sense that women got the best unique classes while men got more and it seems I was right! Having used my F!Byleth as all three of those classes I can attest to feeling far more powerful than I did with those I classed into the male exclusive classes.

52 minutes ago, timon said:

P.S.: actually, yes you can, so you can combine Darting Blow and Quick Reposte. 

You can? I knew it! I burned through my renown in my last run, but once I get some saved back up I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with this!

30 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Why do you need to be convinced to do an Enlightened run? Is the Class not very popular (and is it for more reasons than just a lack of mobility)?

I personally hate the outfit. I'm not sure why Rhea decided that after you underwent apotheosis you basically needed a copy of her wardrobe. 

So what's a good way to grind Umbra steel? I need it to repair my legendary weapons but its not dropping. By now I need 9 Umbra Steels to repair three legandary weapons and I just can't get my hands on it. Merchants don't sell it and while I know monsters do drop it in theory the selfish bastards only drop Mythril when I break their shields. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

42 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So what's a good way to grind Umbra steel? I need it to repair my legendary weapons but its not dropping. By now I need 9 Umbra Steels to repair three legandary weapons and I just can't get my hands on it. Merchants don't sell it and while I know monsters do drop it in theory the selfish bastards only drop Mythril when I break their shields. 

It depends on the monster type. Someone posted a list a page or two ago, I think it's...

Birds - Mythril

Wolves - Wootz Steel

Snakes - Agarthium (Also explains why I never saw any, I didn't do any desert monster hunts). They also drop Venom Stones or whatever they're called, which you can use to make/upgrade Venin weapons if you so desire. 

The dragon looking ones are the ones that drop Umbral Steel. 

55 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Is there any downside to just leveling certain units as adjuncts? I think they might not gain EXP as fast, but if you've messed with the Saint Statues, is that really a problem? It also seems like a great way to grind supports. 

Not particularly, though I usually stick my highest level units as adjutants to keep things spread around. Also helps grind class masteries without becoming overleveled.

14 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Is Dedue worth using long-term? His defenses look solid, but that speed growth... I feel like even his personal skill won't save him from getting doubled, especially considering the sheer glut of enemy swordmasters/assassins you run into later on. 

I would say yes - I have yet to play Blue Lions, but I doubt that Dedue will face the same problem that I found Raphael did (ergo, being outclassed at his job because he found himself at risk of double attacks too often for my liking). Just... make sure you do the paralogue that he's needed for, because otherwise you'll lose him after the timeskip.

So I’m on my second Blue Lions run and planning on a third, but I do want to see if I can manage attempting another route. I’ve heard very conflicting details on the most important influencer on picking a route and was hoping someone could detail for me 

Spoiler

Exactly what befalls Dimitri in the other three routes: Eagles, Deer, and Church and most particularly how detailed or in depth his demise is shown or described via in game events. I’ve heard there’s a still of him right before being beheaded and the sound effect of it occurring on one of the routes and I wish to avoid that above all. Also that there are choices of who kills him, you or others and I would like to know the ramifications of those choices as well.

Dimitri-specific spoilers for all routes:

Spoiler

Things do not go well for Dimitri regardless of route. I would hesitate to call any of them "graphic", but on Crimson Flower he is indeed killed following a still (although the still does not include any part of the violent act itself), and on Verdant Winds there is a semi-detailed description of his death by a character who witnesses it. In Silver Snow he plays very little role and dies unceremoniously off-screen.

28 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Dimitri-specific spoilers for all routes:

Hide contents

Things do not go well for Dimitri regardless of route. I would hesitate to call any of them "graphic", but on Crimson Flower he is indeed killed following a still (although the still does not include any part of the violent act itself), and on Verdant Winds there is a semi-detailed description of his death by a character who witnesses it. In Silver Snow he plays very little role and dies unceremoniously off-screen.

Thank you very much for the info, it’s greatly appreciated!

So, one of the biggest obstacles to starting a new route for me has been Part I, and just... doing all of the content over. But Golden Deer did kind of change things up a bit by adding some extra scenes that fleshed out the world a bit. 

Spoiler

There's Claude searching for information in the library and finding a picture of the Immaculate One that Seteth confiscates. There's also another scene with him asking to borrow Jeralt's diary for his own investigation. 

Are there any scenes during the Blue Lions route that add onto the story in Part I? 

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Why do you need to be convinced to do an Enlightened run? Is the Class not very popular (and is it for more reasons than just a lack of mobility)?

because i dunno what else i'd do w/Boy-Byleth. 
i've only played as girl Byleth and always Falcon Knight.

6 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Is Dedue worth using long-term? His defenses look solid, but that speed growth... I feel like even his personal skill won't save him from getting doubled, especially considering the sheer glut of enemy swordmasters/assassins you run into later on. 

I'm gonna answer your question but it's a bit spoilier. I personally wouldn't

Spoiler

because he leaves for like a good chunk of chapters. then he has to catch up. even w/the knowledge gem/or what not you either have to super invest in him BEFORE the time skip or spend a lot of time getting him up to snuff. i had caspar and he was much better. 

8 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

I personally hate the outfit. I'm not sure why Rhea decided that after you underwent apotheosis you basically needed a copy of her wardrobe. 

I liked the internal consistency: you went through what she did and thus are eligible to become Archbishop yourself, so it makes sense that she'd give you a variation of her own clothes. If anything I was surprised F!Byleth didn't get an exact copy (but I should have expected what we got).

Edited by DefyingFates

19 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Depends on your playstyle.

There are a bunch of units that function similarly, but are much easier to use than him, Sylvain, Raphael, Leonie, etc. can all perform much the same role, albeit not as specialized.

Dedue can go a few different directions, and your success with him will depend on level ups.

For purely min/maxing purposes, his absolute best usage is to grab quick riposte off of war master. This not only guarantees him follow up attacks, but prevents any follow up attack against him. Given his absurdly high Hp, it's easy to maintain the threshold required. Gauntlets are a solid choice to make use of his strength and low speed, but are outclassed by brave axes in the late game. Aegis is also really important for him, but getting into paladin can be a bit of a pain.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Spoiler

On Chapter 18's battle with Cornelia I noticed that a Level 50 Alliance archer appeared near the 30th turn.

Has this happened to anyone else on any other route where a high level opposing soldier randomly appears?

If so, is this something that happens if the player takes more than 25 turns to finish a map? 

I should have took a screenshot that way the question would have been more comprehensible. Anyways, it is interesting that a random enemy appeared and I could have defeated him for extra EXP. 

Edited by Cron

Is there a list somewhere of what each character's hidden talent gives them? Despite unlocking the ones of all the characters I've recruited so far, exactly what they were kind of got lost in the shuffle (for the most part; I remember a few of them.)