The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

35 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

What do I have to give Hilda to complete the flower and material resources quests post time skip?

I think the flower one is a quest item you pick up in the Greenhouse - it's not an actual flower. The material ones are actually listed on the quest, in a way that they kind of look like quest 'rewards.' It's a little confusing. All you get for the supply runs is money. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're trying to garden for +1 stat boosters, can you mix and match seeds to get multiple different ones per harvest? Or are you better off just using a bunch of one type of seed that guarantees one stat booster? 

Also, how hard is it to keep one of the Lords' special Battalions at critical HP for Battalion Wrath/Vantage/etc?

Edited by Naoko_Akamori

The only reason I'm considering Ingrid as a Falcon Knight is for Lancefaire to work with her unique lance, general lances, and because the game generally hates lance units except for those on the Lions ironically enough. Is it worth it to make her a Falcon Knight over a Wyvern Lord? If I go Falcon Knight, what is her best way through classes? I was going to grab Death Blow for her regardless and was thinking, if I go Falcon Knight, that Vantage might not be a bad choice. Should I just go from Brigand/Mercenary/Falcon Knight or do something else?

20 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

I think the flower one is a quest item you pick up in the Greenhouse - it's not an actual flower. The material ones are actually listed on the quest, in a way that they kind of look like quest 'rewards.' It's a little confusing. All you get for the supply runs is money. 

You get renown too, actually, which is what most people do that quest for.

Edited by Eltoshen

The supplies requested are random too. Hilda asked me for an Arcane Crystal, which made me sad. She asked my sister at the same point in the game for some tomatoes or something similarly worthless.

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The supplies requested are random too. Hilda asked me for an Arcane Crystal, which made me sad. She asked my sister at the same point in the game for some tomatoes or something similarly worthless.

Yup. The one quest I failed on my first run was a supply run for dried vegetables which I inexplicably couldn’t get out of all my random pickups and greenhouse work.  Oof.

1 hour ago, Escape the Fate said:

Yup. The one quest I failed on my first run was a supply run for dried vegetables which I inexplicably couldn’t get out of all my random pickups and greenhouse work.  Oof.

I also never got dried vegetables in all my runs, I wonder if they're actually a greenhouse thing.

On a side note, I wish monastery supplies would carry over. It's such a pain not having food later on when all you have to spend your points on is dining for supports.

2 hours ago, timon said:

I also never got dried vegetables in all my runs, I wonder if they're actually a greenhouse thing.

On a side note, I wish monastery supplies would carry over. It's such a pain not having food later on when all you have to spend your points on is dining for supports.

I believe it’s a greenhouse yield but I either used it up in cooking/meals or never got it. It would be nice, but I haven’t had that problem yet on NG+, I usually just keep an eye on any supplies that are down to their last now due to that.

On 9/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, Naoko_Akamori said:

I had the same question and a similar response. I never saw any quest item at the greenhouse. Either it's possible that it sometimes never spawns in the first place or you can somehow screw it up and permanently lock yourself out of completing the quest. It was definitely more than money. The reward was Morfis Battalion that I've yet to see anywhere else.

How do these setups look for Annette and Sylvain? 

Annette (Gremory)

Abilities: Fiendish Blow, Darting Blow, Reason 5, Rally Movement, Rally Speed

Sylvain (Wyvern Lord)

Abilities: Axes 5, Deathblow (Possibly replace with Axefaire), Alert Stance+, Weight -3, Axe Crit +10

I'm planning on giving Sylvain the Rafail Gem for free Aegis/Pavise and Flying Effect Null. I might try to set up Weight -5 on him for NG+. 

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I had the same question and a similar response. I never saw any quest item at the greenhouse. Either it's possible that it sometimes never spawns in the first place or you can somehow screw it up and permanently lock yourself out of completing the quest. It was definitely more than money. The reward was Morfis Battalion that I've yet to see anywhere else.

It's a little bit outside the greenhouse, and unlike most quest items, you have to gift it to complete the quest. I forget the name but it's a 5 star gift so it should be fairly obvious.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For fishing, does anybody know if the fish is decided once you cast or do you get better fish if you chain combos?

The game says that if you get a perfect (excellent timing every time), you get a more valuable fish than normal.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The game says that if you get a perfect (excellent timing every time), you get a more valuable fish than normal.

Thanks, I thought that was probably the case, but wasn't totally sure.

It's not a guaranteed quality upgrade however. I suspect the game has a hidden fish "score" that is increased by a Perfect combo. However, if you're already going to get the most valuable fish of that type anyway (e.g. Bullhead for the most valuable red fish), then the Perfect combo gives you nothing extra. This is likely to be the case if you're using the best bait for example, whereas if you're using medium quality bait, the Perfect may upgrade a Queen Loach into a Bullhead. Conversely, a Perfect combo won't allow for a Platinum fish on the cheapest bait either.

28 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

What is better for support levels? Explore and Eat Together, or doing Battles?

Gift spamming trumps all (once the merchants unlock) but I do believe battles raise faster than meals/choir practice, especially if you use them as adjutants. Don’t know for sure though.

2 minutes ago, Escape the Fate said:

Gift spamming trumps all (once the merchants unlock) but I do believe battles raise faster than meals/choir practice, especially if you use them as adjutants. Don’t know for sure though.

Gifts only helps supports with Byleth, but not between others.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

What is better for support levels? Explore and Eat Together, or doing Battles?

i think it works in tandem. I've had people fight for two battles and have no support. i feed them twice and do choir practice and they are chatty (maybe it's just luck). I DO think though adjecent is the best. (i thinkif they have high enough support it triggers the adjecent support too) (?)

Major Spoiler question

Spoiler

So after doing the paralogues with Seteh and Flayn as well as based off where i am in the game, i've concluded that they are immortal or at the very least they can live for a long time until otherwise killed/murdered. 

Does that make Byleth the same as them? I mean, we all have the same hair color, i'm an experiment too, and Flayn keeps mentioning how we are similar/unique. 

1 hour ago, Tediz64 said:

Major Spoiler question

Hide contents

So after doing the paralogues with Seteh and Flayn as well as based off where i am in the game, i've concluded that they are immortal or at the very least they can live for a long time until otherwise killed/murdered. 

Does that make Byleth the same as them? I mean, we all have the same hair color, i'm an experiment too, and Flayn keeps mentioning how we are similar/unique. 

Unless you're playing Blue Lions you'll get told one way or the other (going off memory every other route goes over that topic). But to sum it up, no. Complete answer:

Spoiler

Rhea implanted Byleth with Sothis's heart, thus you have her power and all that jazz (it's also the reason Byleth has no heartbeat). Depending on the route in the end you either keep that power or go back to human. In any case, Byleth's no saint nor dragon (Flayn and Seteth are, they're Cichol and Cethleann themselves), their origins are completely human, though the mother is a bit of a weird story (which IIRC gets fully revealed only in the church route, so under spoiler is the complete story on that topic):

Spoiler

She's one of many experiments Rhea did to try and create a body to host Sothis (which is her mother), some call them "clones" but it's not actually clear how they're created, I think they're just normal babies on which she tries her experiment (which is putting Sothis's heart in them hoping one day she "awakens", takes over and becomes reborn). That woman was one of them, but she met Jeralt and they had Byleth. Byleth was stillborn, so she told Rhea to take Sothis's heart from her and put it into Byleth, basically sacrificing herself for the baby.

Which btw, to add creepiness, means Rhea actually wishes that Sothis takes over you (admittedly in some routes she realizes maybe that's not a very moral thing, but still creepy if you ask me).

Edited by timon