The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

8 minutes ago, Vitezen said:

Who would you turn into a dancer? Marianne isn't my only physic user.dancer.thumb.png.852d8aac34a0f1ad7412aea7c68cfbe4.png

Depends on if you plan on using the class or not. If you are, I’d give it to whoever you’re using the least. Otherwise give it to a sword user so they get the Sword Avoid +20 ability and the Sword Dance combat art. You could also pick someone with the lowest charm (in this case Annette) as practice gives them a free permanent +5 boost.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Escape the Fate said:

Depends on if you plan on using the class or not. If you are, I’d give it to whoever you’re using the least. Otherwise give it to a sword user so they get the Sword Avoid +20 ability and the Sword Dance combat art. You could also pick someone with the lowest charm (in this case Annette) as practice gives them a free permanent +5 boost.

I would like to use it. Right now Marianne is in my main squad and Sylvain and Annette are backups that might go in. Marianne will be using a sword no matter what, either as a dancer or as a holy knight.

22 minutes ago, Vitezen said:

I would like to use it. Right now Marianne is in my main squad and Sylvain and Annette are backups that might go in. Marianne will be using a sword no matter what, either as a dancer or as a holy knight.

I’d go Marianne in that situation as it seems she’d make the most of it. As long as she’s not one of your “primary” units (I.e. you don’t need her to take much actions besides dancing)

38 minutes ago, Vitezen said:

I've used Marianne as a dancer like in 3 playthroughs in a row. she's amazing. I give her stride (or dimitr's "king of Lions" brigade) and she's got great attack and avoid, so if she needs to take some hits or give some out she's solid. i never worry about her being stranded.i usually do run about 2-3 healers on my main team though but Marianne's still there for the healing as well. i've yet to regret not making her a dancer (and in my next playthrough i'll be sad because lol.she wont be one)

4 minutes ago, Vitezen said:

Okay thanks guys. I'll use Marianne. Shame that she had all that riding skill, but maybe I'll take it to A+ if I get the chance for the bonus move. I knew I should've worked on swords earlier.

just give her the march ring. she should have 6 move. I gave the shoes of the wind to Mercedes since everyone else flies or rides. so they can relatively keep up. (that moment where you are sad that Mercedes has a weakness in riding. blagh)

If you have the Online Feature - try to see if you can buy her "Alert Stance". i do this for her a lot. (i don't know if it helps or not - but considering 98 percent of my team are fliers she matches with the blue "avoid" sound 😉 )

Edited by daisy jane

So regarding the first spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler #1: I knew about the heart part but what confuses me is that why are Flayn and Seteth half immortal (i say half because they don't die from aging but can still be murdered/killed). I mean when you say Byleth isn't a Saint or Dragon which would be necessary to make him half immortal like the others, i'd like to point out that although i'll accept dragons as beings capable of longevity, a saint is a title/moniker given to a person for their behavior and way of life. A saint isn't associated with longevity so are you implying that Flayn and Seteth are dragons?

Spoiler

Spoiler #2: Are you implying the Rhea created Seteth and Flayn? They were also attempts at hosting Rhea's mother's spirit Sothis? Because see, the part that got me confused in all this (which i knew some of the content like the embedded heart, the attempts are reviving her mother, and etc) how is it that they continue to live on but we don't hear of Macuil or Indech. Were they killed? I don't think Flayn and Seteh are dragons. But i do know they must be children of Sothis and thus are part of the citizens of that one canyon that got vaporized and attacked by Nemesis. So thats why i am asking if i'm the same species as Flayn and Seteth

27 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler #1: I knew about the heart part but what confuses me is that why are Flayn and Seteth half immortal (i say half because they don't die from aging but can still be murdered/killed). I mean when you say Byleth isn't a Saint or Dragon which would be necessary to make him half immortal like the others, i'd like to point out that although i'll accept dragons as beings capable of longevity, a saint is a title/moniker given to a person for their behavior and way of life. A saint isn't associated with longevity so are you implying that Flayn and Seteth are dragons?

Hide contents

Spoiler #2: Are you implying the Rhea created Seteth and Flayn? They were also attempts at hosting Rhea's mother's spirit Sothis? Because see, the part that got me confused in all this (which i knew some of the content like the embedded heart, the attempts are reviving her mother, and etc) how is it that they continue to live on but we don't hear of Macuil or Indech. Were they killed? I don't think Flayn and Seteh are dragons. But i do know they must be children of Sothis and thus are part of the citizens of that one canyon that got vaporized and attacked by Nemesis. So thats why i am asking if i'm the same species as Flayn and Seteth

If you really want to know...

Spoiler

Yes, Flayn and Seteth are dragons. So are Indech and Macuil - you run into them in Paralogues in Part II. Sothis is a divine dragon, and her children are the ones who lived in Zanado - so they're at least half-dragon, or Manaketes to use the more common term. 

Byleth is a human who was stillborn. It's never - at least in the two routes I've played - outright stated, but they have no heartbeat, the crest stone of Sothis is literally what's keeping them alive.

5 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

You're not the same species.

They are so called children of the goddess (Nabateans), they're dragons. Rhea is a literal child of the goddess, Seteth/Indech/Macuil probably as well. Flayn obviously not, but she's still a pure dragon, though it seems both Seteth and Flayn lost the transformation power, not sure on that one.

Macuil and Indech are very much alive, you'll meet them.

Also they're obviously not the only dragons, we know it was an entire population. Those 5 are the ones who survived. The rest was slaughtered (the crest stones are their hearts, which the "heroes" took as well as their blood. That's also why there are no Seiros/Cichol/Cethleann crest stones nor relics. Their crest exist because they shared their blood with allied humans).

tl;dr: they're dragons, you're basically a hollow husk.

Also @Naoko_Akamori it is stated explicitly when you go through Jeralt's diary. And a couple supports mention it (Dorothea is the one I recall).

16 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

If you really want to know...

Hide contents

Yes, Flayn and Seteth are dragons. So are Indech and Macuil - you run into them in Paralogues in Part II. Sothis is a divine dragon, and her children are the ones who lived in Zanado - so they're at least half-dragon, or Manaketes to use the more common term. 

Byleth is a human who was stillborn. It's never - at least in the two routes I've played - outright stated, but they have no heartbeat, the crest stone of Sothis is literally what's keeping them alive.

11 hours ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

You're not the same species.

They are so called children of the goddess (Nabateans), they're dragons. Rhea is a literal child of the goddess, Seteth/Indech/Macuil probably as well. Flayn obviously not, but she's still a pure dragon, though it seems both Seteth and Flayn lost the transformation power, not sure on that one.

Macuil and Indech are very much alive, you'll meet them.

Also they're obviously not the only dragons, we know it was an entire population. Those 5 are the ones who survived. The rest was slaughtered (the crest stones are their hearts, which the "heroes" took as well as their blood. That's also why there are no Seiros/Cichol/Cethleann crest stones nor relics. Their crest exist because they shared their blood with allied humans).

tl;dr: they're dragons, you're basically a hollow husk.

Also @Naoko_Akamori it is stated explicitly when you go through Jeralt's diary. And a couple supports mention it (Dorothea is the one I recall).

Okay, thank you both for the clarification. I can't wait to do the paralogues.

Spoiler

I did the one where Flayn talked to the Wind Waker Dragon. In her japanese voice acting, she was so cute going "shuuuuush shuuuush oji-san" xD. I'm not sure if that was Indech or Macuil but i figured as much considered their dailogue. Also (i'm sad i didn't deploy Seteth on that map to see what they would have said to each other)

27 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Okay, thank you both for the clarification. I can't wait to do the paralogues.

Hide contents

I did the one where Flayn talked to the Wind Waker Dragon. In her japanese voice acting, she was so cute going "shuuuuush shuuuush oji-san" xD. I'm not sure if that was Indech or Macuil but i figured as much considered their dailogue. Also (i'm sad i didn't deploy Seteth on that map to see what they would have said to each other)

Spoiler

the WInd Waker thing for Flayn is the same as the Immoveable (Linhardt/Leonie's paralogue) - I was bummed i forgot Seteth too but i think the conversation if i remember correctly is like interesting that you have this form - or something like that

In regards to the BE route split, do Edel and Hubert keep the stats and abilities they have if you choose the church route? Or is there a "default" data set that the game uses? Just want to know if it's going to bite me in the ass later on, as they are currently my 2 best units 🤐

9 hours ago, ChromeDome said:

In regards to the BE route split, do Edel and Hubert keep the stats and abilities they have if you choose the church route? Or is there a "default" data set that the game uses? Just want to know if it's going to bite me in the ass later on, as they are currently my 2 best units 🤐

They have a separate set of skills and abilities (including some they will never learn if they stay with you.)

Is there a way to customise Byleth's appearance as you can with the others without buying the DLC? In the base game alone you can change everyone else's hairstyles and which outfit (pre- or post-timeskip) they wear in the Monastery and as their "canon" class outfit - are they the only ones you can do that for? For example, I noticed in the concept art that both Byleths have sketches without their capes, and I thought that would be a cool "casual" look when exploring.

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Does anyone know if Alois & Shamir auto-join you post-timeskip if you haven't recruited them yet? I know Hanneman & Manuella can potentially leave garegg march, but what about the knights of seiros?

They don't. Pretty sure they disappear completely from existence post timeskip (same for Cyril or Catherine).

Edited by timon

19 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Does anyone know if Alois & Shamir auto-join you post-timeskip if you haven't recruited them yet? I know Hanneman & Manuella can potentially leave garegg march, but what about the knights of seiros?

Only auto-join post timeskip is Gilbert on Blue Lions. Anyone else must be recruited. Technically Seteth joins automatically on the last pre-timeskip chapter unless you choose to (spoiler)

oppose the church on Black Eagles.

Edited by Escape the Fate

Do I have to wait before I can get all the rewards from Seteth and Flayn's paralogue? I mean, I'm holding off anyway because those assassins are bad news, but still...

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Do I have to wait before I can get all the rewards from Seteth and Flayn's paralogue? I mean, I'm holding off anyway because those assassins are bad news, but still...

If you're waiting for Seteth to join for extra rewards like having both characters for other Pt. 1 paralogues would, no, you don't need to wait;
You'll get Cichol Wyverns and Cethleann Monks with just Flayn in the group.
I...think the paralogue expires before Seteth joins anyway.

The assassins aren't that bad. Not on the beach where they're a lot easier to approach anyway. Forests are another thing...

Anyone got any recommendations for getting Albinean Berries? I’ve got a magic-infused, cultivated harvest with a predicted yield of two, with the mixed herb, root vegetable, vegetable, morfis-plum, and mixed fruit seeds, but they aren’t showing up. I need them for a quest, and I don’t have any straight-up albinean seeds.

2 minutes ago, Dai said:

Anyone got any recommendations for getting Albinean Berries? I’ve got a magic-infused, cultivated harvest with a predicted yield of two, with the mixed herb, root vegetable, vegetable, morfis-plum, and mixed fruit seeds, but they aren’t showing up. I need them for a quest, and I don’t have any straight-up albinean seeds.

IIRC there are albinean seeds, I usually use those. And Morfis+West for Noa's fruit which is another painful one (since you need it for a lot of meals which a lot of people like).

Also keep in mind you can soft reset yeld (not the stat uppers though).

1 minute ago, timon said:

IIRC there are albinean seeds, I usually use those. And Morfis+West for Noa's fruit which is another painful one (since you need it for a lot of meals which a lot of people like).

Been soft-resetting, to no avail. I have no shortage of Boa’s Fruit, but I can’t seem to obtain any Albinean Fruit/Seeds.

1 hour ago, timon said:

Morfis + west for Noa? thank you. 
this was driving me insane. 

Do we learn anything about

Spoiler

the Nabatean (i.e. Rhea's) people

beyond what we hear near the end of GD? Because the story we got there is quite vague and I'm wondering if they're saving it for the DLC or if there was a Support somewhere I missed.

P.S. If the answer is hidden in a Support/ Paralogue/ etc., can you just say "It's in a Support/ Paralogue/ etc.," please? I'd like to find it for myself during my Maddening playthroughs 🙂 (Assuming of course that Nintendo patches more save slots in...)

Edited by DefyingFates

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Do we learn anything about

Hide contents

the Nabatean (i.e. Rhea's) people

beyond what we hear near the end of GD? Because the story we got there is quite vague and I'm wondering if they're saving it for the DLC or if there was a Support somewhere I missed.

P.S. If the answer is hidden in a Support/ Paralogue/ etc., can you just say "It's in a Support/ Paralogue/ etc.," please? I'd like to find it for myself during my Maddening playthroughs 🙂 (Assuming of course that Nintendo patches more save slots in...)

As far as I can tell so far, no. It'd be cool if that was gonna be the additional story DLC coming out next year.