The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Is Blue Lions better than the other routes at having the supporting characters actually do more than just show up and say their one line about the situation? 

Also, is there any way to give characters their post TS outfits in classes other than their 'canon' ones? 

no - but it would be so cool.

also. i don't understand the first part of your question. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

no - but it would be so cool.

also. i don't understand the first part of your question. 

In the previous two routes I've played (Crimson Flower and Verdant Wind), most of the dialogue in cutscenes is between the Lord, Byleth, and one other character (Hilda, Hubert). Occasionally other nonplayable supporting characters. Everyone else would usually just get one response that was relevant in some way to their character, and that no one else really reacted to much. 

55 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

In the previous two routes I've played (Crimson Flower and Verdant Wind), most of the dialogue in cutscenes is between the Lord, Byleth, and one other character (Hilda, Hubert). Occasionally other nonplayable supporting characters. Everyone else would usually just get one response that was relevant in some way to their character, and that no one else really reacted to much. 

oH! yeah!
I found that really weird. - yeah it's more... yeah just having a conversation vs. trying to get a good response for someone. i think because it's not about anyone else, but dimitri. 

Quick question about NG+:

When you start NG+ you get the choice of inheriting bonuses (like being able to reunlock supports and levels). If I choose not to, are they completely wiped from that save? For example, say I start a NG+ and don't inherit any bonuses (e.g. I miss out on my previous S+ in Lances). Once I complete this, I start another NG+ using this file and choose to get the bonuses. Will I only have access to everything in my last save, or everything from the run before that too (i.e. will I get my S+ in Lances back even if I didn't get it in my most recent run)?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Quick question about NG+:

When you start NG+ you get the choice of inheriting bonuses (like being able to reunlock supports and levels). If I choose not to, are they completely wiped from that save? For example, say I start a NG+ and don't inherit any bonuses (e.g. I miss out on my previous S+ in Lances). Once I complete this, I start another NG+ using this file and choose to get the bonuses. Will I only have access to everything in my last save, or everything from the run before that too (i.e. will I get my S+ in Lances back even if I didn't get it in my most recent run)?

Thanks in advance!

Nope

they will ALWAYS carry over. 
so now. my byleth for example has S in Bows. (her highest at any given timehas been A-A+). 
Ingrid through my playthroughs now has achieved Lance crit +10 and null flying.  

the game will register (and keep) the highest level you've achieved. the only things that don't carry over are the crests. you'd have to buy that with your renown.

it is wild that the game now give you 50K in renown per NG+. ❤️ it. 

45 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Nope

so now. my byleth for example has S in Bows. (her highest at any given timehas been A-A+). 

the game will register (and keep) the highest level you've achieved. the only things that don't carry over are the crests. you'd have to buy that with your renown.

Are you sure though? They carry over if you play the NG+ with the bonuses, I'm not sure you get the stuff if you choose to do a playthrough without them.

10 minutes ago, timon said:

Are you sure though? They carry over if you play the NG+ with the bonuses, I'm not sure you get the stuff if you choose to do a playthrough without them.

like the skill level?  yeah it carries over. 
the crests change w/the playthrough that you do. 
You have to like re buy the level via renown, but it doesn't reset. (i was assuming that was the question - NG+ - if you start anew, it doesn't obviously). 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Nope

Wait, so if I start a NG+ and choose not to carry my data over, the only thing I miss out on are the Crests? So I get to keep my statue levels, skill levels and everything else?

Also, does anyone know if completing a run this way is enough to unlock the special title screen if I do so on Maddening? Or do I need to start a completely fresh save for that?

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Wait, so if I start a NG+ and choose not to carry my data over, the only thing I miss out on are the Crests? So I get to keep my statue levels, skill levels and everything else?

Also, does anyone know if completing a run this was is enough to unlock the special title screen if I do so on Maddening?

wait. sorry i think I read this wrong. 
i didn't even know it was possible not to carry over the data (ie: the NG+ just carried everything over). 

You could lose stuff then you'd have to see. 

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, every time you start a new file you're asked if you want to carry data over. 

Eh... are you sure? Or are you just confusing it with the question 'do you want to use a ENDGAME file for a NG+?'?

okay - i just checked it out from my game cleared data. 

it does go "Do you want to carry things over  your data." 
I hit no - but then nothing happened. (this is if i access my "cleared game data file."

if you click New Game
it asks you again - and if you say no it goes through the "what do you want to do, normal, etc etc"

so i am going to assume. if you don't carry anything over - you will lose everything. (i'd assume also Renown because you only get the chunk lump sum  because you've cleared paths). 

25 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it does go "Do you want to carry things over  your data." 
I hit no - but then nothing happened. (this is if i access my "cleared game data file.

Wait, so if you press "No" then you just stay on the load data screen?

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, so if you press "No" then you just stay on the load data screen?

yes

I had my few save files, + my new cleared data
when i hit the cleared data, and it asked me if i wanted to carried it over - I said no. then it just stopped. i was still just on the load game file screen. 

(so i think ultimatelly the decision is do you want a new game (with data) or a new game (and you start all over). it'sone or the other. )

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

(so i think ultimatelly the decision is do you want a new game (with data) or a new game (and you start all over). it'sone or the other. )

Gotcha. Thank you very much! In the unlikely event that we get more save slots I guess I'll be playing each route on Maddening NG+, then do the easiest route again with a fresh file for the new title screen.

A bit confused on some things gameplay wise as I’m learning to optimize for Maddening mode:

1) Do you keep lethality from the assassin class if you switch to another class?

2) What parts of a class when you master it always carry over when you switch to another class? I know death blow, darting blow etc do but not sure if there’s some that are class specific 

3) How do I make gambits have more accuracy? I feel like on maddening a lot of my units have 60% or lower hit but I’m not sure if I’m missing something very obvious

4) Is there any way besides the few movement buffs to increase movement from 5 to 6? I feel like at endgame hard mode having characters as Swordmaster or something of the sort instead of mortal savant felt slightly a chore because of the decrease in movement. 

22 minutes ago, Hawnvi said:

1) Do you keep lethality from the assassin class if you switch to another class?

2) What parts of a class when you master it always carry over when you switch to another class? I know death blow, darting blow etc do but not sure if there’s some that are class specific 

1. Yes.

2. You can carry Skills over. Combat Arts (e.g. Assassinate, Astra) are locked to the Class you got them for.

24 minutes ago, Hawnvi said:

3) How do I make gambits have more accuracy? I feel like on maddening a lot of my units have 60% or lower hit but I’m not sure if I’m missing something very obvious

Gambit accuracy is based on the unit's charm stat in comparison to the enemy's - the most it can increase or decrease is 30% from its base hit. However, having allies in range of your target can give boosts to gambit hit rate too.

6 hours ago, Any_ILL said:

" Combat Arts (e.g. Assassinate, Astra) are locked to the Class you got them for. "

Uh? I thought combat art gotten through mastering the class stay with you.

Some of them (primarily those learned from lower tier classes) can be used regardless of class.