The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unlikely to reach the cap even if you power level into the 60s. Unless you get good RNG rolls and use items like from gardening (good luck getting those) @Naoko_Akamori

I got a handful of characters into the 60s on my yellow house run and only Lys maxed HP (since I gave her the robe item and two of those hp garden stat boosters). Nobody else hit a cap. Some people were like less than 5 away according to the max on the three houses page but I didn't know if they were including the bases the class gives you or if that is separate (eg: if lys can get up to 41 res does that mean being in gremory which gives a base of 2 or 3 does that mean her res can go to 43/44 or it still stops at 41)

I just beat the game a second time (Now with over three hundred hours logged lol). First was the church path, then the Black Eagle path. Now I'm ready to start another New Game+ and am thinking of going the Blue Lion route. It was on the second game that I finally maxed out all the statues and got an A+ professor level. How much renown can I expect to start with being my third play?

I always choose classic and the highest difficulty, so it looks like I'll be going through the newly added Maddening difficulty. Any notable differences besides enemies with higher level/stats?

And here's a funny question I've thought about a few times. You know that mural of the goddess that appeared in the first ever trailer? Does that picture appear in-game anywhere? I don't recall seeing it in either play through of the game so far... I remember thinking of it both of the times you hear Rhea start to speak that certain line from the trailer, but never noticed it appear anywhere... Maybe it just goes by quick and I just wasn't paying attention during that few hundred hours. lol

23 minutes ago, Namero said:

You know that mural of the goddess that appeared in the first ever trailer? Does that picture appear in-game anywhere? I don't recall seeing it in either play through of the game so far... I remember thinking of it both of the times you hear Rhea start to speak that certain line from the trailer, but never noticed it appear anywhere... Maybe it just goes by quick and I just wasn't paying attention during that few hundred hours. lol

You see a variation of the mural in one or two of the "Moon introduction narration" segments in Act 1, but otherwise the mural only shows up on the Limited Editions, I believe. Something for the DLC perhaps?

And 300 hours for two routes? That's insane! You must be going through everything with a fine comb, huh?

And as a question of my own: is there a level cap? I saw @Tediz64 saying he hit the Level 60 mark (amazing, by the way - how?) and if that still isn't the cap...what is?

Edited by DefyingFates

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And as a question of my own: is there a level cap? I saw @Tediz64 saying he hit the Level 60 mark (amazing, by the way - how?) and if that still isn't the cap...what is?

It's Level 99. I don't think it's ever feasible to hit that in the current game, but maybe there will be some sort of postgame where it's possible. 

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thought so, thanks! I assume this was found via datamining, or has someone hacked the game to be able to do this?

Someone seems to have done it manually through those glowing tiles you get from playing online. They give a ton of XP, so on Normal Mode, you probably can do it through Auxiliary battles. It may have been found through datamining too, but the first time I saw it, there was some post on Reddit with a Level 99 Flayn. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

i thought using rusted weapons on trees made it so units couldn't damage?
(i wanted to grind out some weapons/class supports without over leveling but byleth is just mowing people down).  I'm just gonna have to bite the biscuit and figure out imma gonna have super overleveled people (again).

2 hours ago, Namero said:

I just beat the game a second time (Now with over three hundred hours logged lol). First was the church path, then the Black Eagle path. Now I'm ready to start another New Game+ and am thinking of going the Blue Lion route. It was on the second game that I finally maxed out all the statues and got an A+ professor level. How much renown can I expect to start with being my third play?eak that certain line from the trailer, but never noticed it appear anywhere... Maybe it just goes by quick and I just wasn't paying attention during that few hundred hours. lol

about 20K in renown (10K per path), + whatever renown you saved from your previous playthroughs 

14 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

For post time skip, is there a way to change what each student provides for Advanced training? Some of my guys have as many as three subjects and I wonder if there's a way to earn more options, or something.

They can only teach the Skills they're strong in. Strangely enough, Hidden Talents don't count though. Dimitri can't teach Riding, Claude can't teach Axes, and so on. There's no way to change it that I know of, unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

They can only teach the Skills they're strong in. Strangely enough, Hidden Talents don't count though. Dimitri can't teach Riding, Claude can't teach Axes, and so on. There's no way to change it that I know of, unfortunately. 

So it's their skill proficiencies? That can't be right. Ferdinand here teaches lances and riding. But he's also proficient in swords and axes outside of his hidden talent for armor. And there are examples like this among every single one of the students.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So it's their skill proficiencies? That can't be right. Ferdinand here teaches lances and riding. But he's also proficient in swords and axes outside of his hidden talent for armor. And there are examples like this among every single one of the students.

You also have to have a lower skill level in the corresponding one than the student does. So if Byleth has an A in Sword and Ferdinand has an E, Ferdinand isn't going to be able to teach Byleth anything. The faculty can always teach regardless, but the students have to better than Byleth at the subject. 

1 minute ago, LegendOfLoog said:

You also have to have a lower skill level in the corresponding one than the student does. So if Byleth has an A in Sword and Ferdinand has an E, Ferdinand isn't going to be able to teach Byleth anything. The faculty can always teach regardless, but the students have to better than Byleth at the subject. 

Oh, that explains it. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Does anyone know what the romantic violin part in the middle of this commercial called?

I can tell the opening was the bell from "The monastery", and ending being "Apex of the World", but not sure about the middle.

That bit is also from Apex of the World, I'm pretty sure.

Is there a point to buying S Supports with renown? Also, say I build Supports with someone (e.g. Ashe) as M!Byleth. Will buying that support back with F!Byleth also unlock them in the cutscene viewer? I assume so, so more importantly: does this also extend to S Supports with bisexual characters (i.e. Dorothea, Linhardt, etc.)? I'd like to get as many Supports as possible and with the Renown boost...who knows; I just might be able to.

Thanks in advance!

On 9/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, daisy jane said:

i thought using rusted weapons on trees made it so units couldn't damage?
(i wanted to grind out some weapons/class supports without over leveling but byleth is just mowing people down).  I'm just gonna have to bite the biscuit and figure out imma gonna have super overleveled people (again).

about 20K in renown (10K per path), + whatever renown you saved from your previous playthroughs 

Rusty weapons simply give you no MT. They'll use your base str

If you want a good set up (one i use) try doing this

Find a map with at least 1 forest tile (40% avoid and 2 def) and 4 adjacent woods tiles (30% avoid and 1 def). Since the base accuracy of a rusty/broken weapon is 30 the enemy standing will at least negate your hit rate based off that leaving you only with dexterity for accuracy. Provided you use battalions that either give avoid or def (BUT NOT HIT) you should miss often enough. You are bound to land a few hits and gain some levels so make sure you are in a class that gives good growth rates. Also make sure you are a class that gives a bonus to weapon exp to speed it up. You'll farm weapon exp and gain a few levels. This works for all weapon types except magic. Bows are gonna require at least a C rank for close counter ability.

If you are playing on normal mode, you can escape and retain exp and farm skill levels pretty quick doing that. On Golden Deer, i had the pavise battalion which gave 8 def + 2 def from forest + 4 def from silver shield = over 14 def. With that alone in the early stages of the game you can negate most damage down to 0. But it requires a B in authority so if you don't have that try using Seiros soldiers for 3 def/res then upgrade to any other battalions that give good def.

For spamming flying you'll want to focus on def instead of avoid. Still stand in a location where the enemies get the bonus 30% avoid but make sure you give yourself def plus a good shield like silver or hexlock. Claude's personal one on Golden Deer gave 15 avoid for fliers but that wasn't enough. If you do the paralogue with Seteth/Flayn you can get Cichol's battalion for 6 def/1 res

Use classes that don't give base dex since that'll boost you hit rate if you are desperate to farm weapon exp but not levels. On normal i can crowd control till there are 4+ people swinging at me so i can get weapon exp. If i want to forgo kill any of the enemies, i usually just send in one unit all alone provided after i look at the map and asses i can tank that damage to 0

If you are playing on hard mode, plan ahead to make a battle last all the way to turn 99. Byleth will be there so keep your rusty/broken weapons in the convoy or on the person in question then when you've cleared out the map and its safe to lure people to the wooded areas, you can spam out a good 80+ turns on the map for at least 1 or 2 people IF YOU ARE CAPABLE of luring and crowd controlling them over to the woods.

Damn Ignatz is impossible to set up since he has 20% hit making it hard to farm with him. I had to give him a magic battalion to lower his physical attack by 2/3 just to get him to not hurt anybody and spam out weapon exp. If you don't want to keep clearing out and killing alot of enemies, then use  minus physical attack battalions to drop your str.

Edit: I forgot, if you at least pick up lance to rank E+/D and pass the test for Solider thats another +2 def ability. So earlier i mentioned a formula. Now it'd look like this --->    2 from forest + 2 from ability + 4 from shield + 8 from battalion (6 for fliers from Cichol squad) = 16 (14 for fliers) def added. 

On normal, loading maps with sword users who have high avoid or brawlers is your best bet if you don't want to hit them plus they'll have low attack to shrug off

Edited by Tediz64
Added in one last piece of advice

53 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Sometimes I and my tea time partner get charm, other times it's just them and sometimes neither of us get any at all. All of these tea times have been Perfect tea times.

Is there some tea time mechanic I'm not aware off?

RNG

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Sometimes I and my tea time partner get charm, other times it's just them and sometimes neither of us get any at all. All of these tea times have been Perfect tea times.

Is there some tea time mechanic I'm not aware off?

I think you get increased chance of gaining charm based on how well you did the tea time.

Worth mentionning that giving a tea that the character like also contribute to it (and might even give a guaranteed +1 charm if you got a 4/4 perfect tea time on top of it, but I haven't tested it enough to be sure)