The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

12 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

Rusty weapons simply give you no MT. They'll use your base str

If you want a good set up (one i use) try doing this

Find a map with at least 1 forest tile (40% avoid and 2 def) and 4 adjacent woods tiles (30% avoid and 1 def). Since the base accuracy of a rusty/broken weapon is 30 the enemy standing will at least negate your hit rate based off that leaving you only with dexterity for accuracy. Provided you use battalions that either give avoid or def (BUT NOT HIT) you should miss often enough. You are bound to land a few hits and gain some levels so make sure you are in a class that gives good growth rates. Also make sure you are a class that gives a bonus to weapon exp to speed it up. You'll farm weapon exp and gain a few levels. This works for all weapon types except magic. Bows are gonna require at least a C rank for close counter ability.

If you are playing on normal mode, you can escape and retain exp and farm skill levels pretty quick doing that. On Golden Deer, i had the pavise battalion which gave 8 def + 2 def from forest + 4 def from silver shield = over 14 def. With that alone in the early stages of the game you can negate most damage down to 0. But it requires a B in authority so if you don't have that try using Seiros soldiers for 3 def/res then upgrade to any other battalions that give good def.

For spamming flying you'll want to focus on def instead of avoid. Still stand in a location where the enemies get the bonus 30% avoid but make sure you give yourself def plus a good shield like silver or hexlock. Claude's personal one on Golden Deer gave 15 avoid for fliers but that wasn't enough. If you do the paralogue with Seteth/Flayn you can get Cichol's battalion for 6 def/1 res

Use classes that don't give base dex since that'll boost you hit rate if you are desperate to farm weapon exp but not levels. On normal i can crowd control till there are 4+ people swinging at me so i can get weapon exp. If i want to forgo kill any of the enemies, i usually just send in one unit all alone provided after i look at the map and asses i can tank that damage to 0

If you are playing on hard mode, plan ahead to make a battle last all the way to turn 99. Byleth will be there so keep your rusty/broken weapons in the convoy or on the person in question then when you've cleared out the map and its safe to lure people to the wooded areas, you can spam out a good 80+ turns on the map for at least 1 or 2 people IF YOU ARE CAPABLE of luring and crowd controlling them over to the woods.

Damn Ignatz is impossible to set up since he has 20% hit making it hard to farm with him. I had to give him a magic battalion to lower his physical attack by 2/3 just to get him to not hurt anybody and spam out weapon exp. If you don't want to keep clearing out and killing alot of enemies, then use  minus physical attack battalions to drop your str.

Edit: I forgot, if you at least pick up lance to rank E+/D and pass the test for Solider thats another +2 def ability. So earlier i mentioned a formula. Now it'd look like this --->    2 from forest + 2 from ability + 4 from shield + 8 from battalion (6 for fliers from Cichol squad) = 16 (14 for fliers) def added. 

On normal, loading maps with sword users who have high avoid or brawlers is your best bet if you don't want to hit them plus they'll have low attack to shrug off

thanks. 🙂

(I think that was my issue LOL some of these guys have sky high dex now so it was like. crit.... crit... crit... LOL). some of them are like maxed out (or just want i want to do).  so that's a yay - i always try to look for the forest tiles for sure. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

Rusty weapons simply give you no MT. They'll use your base str

If you want a good set up (one i use) try doing this

Find a map with at least 1 forest tile (40% avoid and 2 def) and 4 adjacent woods tiles (30% avoid and 1 def). Since the base accuracy of a rusty/broken weapon is 30 the enemy standing will at least negate your hit rate based off that leaving you only with dexterity for accuracy. Provided you use battalions that either give avoid or def (BUT NOT HIT) you should miss often enough. You are bound to land a few hits and gain some levels so make sure you are in a class that gives good growth rates. Also make sure you are a class that gives a bonus to weapon exp to speed it up. You'll farm weapon exp and gain a few levels. This works for all weapon types except magic. Bows are gonna require at least a C rank for close counter ability.

If you are playing on normal mode, you can escape and retain exp and farm skill levels pretty quick doing that. On Golden Deer, i had the pavise battalion which gave 8 def + 2 def from forest + 4 def from silver shield = over 14 def. With that alone in the early stages of the game you can negate most damage down to 0. But it requires a B in authority so if you don't have that try using Seiros soldiers for 3 def/res then upgrade to any other battalions that give good def.

For spamming flying you'll want to focus on def instead of avoid. Still stand in a location where the enemies get the bonus 30% avoid but make sure you give yourself def plus a good shield like silver or hexlock. Claude's personal one on Golden Deer gave 15 avoid for fliers but that wasn't enough. If you do the paralogue with Seteth/Flayn you can get Cichol's battalion for 6 def/1 res

Use classes that don't give base dex since that'll boost you hit rate if you are desperate to farm weapon exp but not levels. On normal i can crowd control till there are 4+ people swinging at me so i can get weapon exp. If i want to forgo kill any of the enemies, i usually just send in one unit all alone provided after i look at the map and asses i can tank that damage to 0

If you are playing on hard mode, plan ahead to make a battle last all the way to turn 99. Byleth will be there so keep your rusty/broken weapons in the convoy or on the person in question then when you've cleared out the map and its safe to lure people to the wooded areas, you can spam out a good 80+ turns on the map for at least 1 or 2 people IF YOU ARE CAPABLE of luring and crowd controlling them over to the woods.

Damn Ignatz is impossible to set up since he has 20% hit making it hard to farm with him. I had to give him a magic battalion to lower his physical attack by 2/3 just to get him to not hurt anybody and spam out weapon exp. If you don't want to keep clearing out and killing alot of enemies, then use  minus physical attack battalions to drop your str.

Edit: I forgot, if you at least pick up lance to rank E+/D and pass the test for Solider thats another +2 def ability. So earlier i mentioned a formula. Now it'd look like this --->    2 from forest + 2 from ability + 4 from shield + 8 from battalion (6 for fliers from Cichol squad) = 16 (14 for fliers) def added. 

On normal, loading maps with sword users who have high avoid or brawlers is your best bet if you don't want to hit them plus they'll have low attack to shrug off

Also another thing, adjutants will receive the same exact bonus, and follow up attacks are so rare you don't need to worry about it. So you can do 2 people at the same time.

More importantly, you can equip the adjutant with a spell (which will never run out), making it the only way to cheese Reason and Faith (and bows before cc).

13 hours ago, timon said:

Also another thing, adjutants will receive the same exact bonus, and follow up attacks are so rare you don't need to worry about it. So you can do 2 people at the same time.

More importantly, you can equip the adjutant with a spell (which will never run out), making it the only way to cheese Reason and Faith (and bows before cc).

that's what' i've been doing. (plus the extra heal bonus!)

Did they stealth-change the animations for some of the combat arts or am I just going crazy? It felt like they all had the same/very similar animations before (At least things like Wrath Strike, Tempest Lance, and Smash). Maybe it varies by class?

Also, I noticed a lot more Heroes on my last few auxiliary battle maps, compared to the usual glut of Swordmasters/Assassins. Did they adjust that too? If so... thank god. Still need a decent Lance infantry class after enemies graduate out of Soldier though. 

6 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Did they stealth-change the animations for some of the combat arts or am I just going crazy? It felt like they all had the same/very similar animations before (At least things like Wrath Strike, Tempest Lance, and Smash). Maybe it varies by class?

I tested this just now, and it at least appears some weapons have different animations even if they're the same weapon type. Pretty sure all Lances with that in their name are the same, but the Scythe of Sariel uses the Smash animation for its combat arts even though it's considered a Lance. Different classes with different movement types have different combat art animations though for the same weapon, so maybe you just didn't notice it before. 

Which chapters are the Knights of Seiros unavailable for faculty training? And once again, is Hilda and Cyril's paralogue the only one that doesn't expire before the time skip?

2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I tested this just now, and it at least appears some weapons have different animations even if they're the same weapon type. Pretty sure all Lances with that in their name are the same, but the Scythe of Sariel uses the Smash animation for its combat arts even though it's considered a Lance. Different classes with different movement types have different combat art animations though for the same weapon, so maybe you just didn't notice it before. 

Scythes use Axe animation, that has been so even before the patch. Not sure about other weapons though, I think the mace might act like a sword? It's been a while since I've used one though.

Also @Flying Shogi nope, probably DLC.

Edited by timon

On 9/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, timon said:

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that's what' i've been doing. (plus the extra heal bonus!)

So let me get this right, so irrelevant if your adjutant actually attacks or not they still receive weapon exp? For what they have equipped right?

How about exp for levels? Do they get that?

Also do they get all the bonus multipliers? (Statue bonus exp, class weapon exp, bane/boon modifier, and further more as an accessory equipped the bonus from knowledge gem) {I know at one point I had two of those gems. I think I got one from a paralogue and I dunno where I got the 2nd one}

If so, I'm angry I didn't know this! I didn't know I could spam magic in the background!  Darn it. 

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which chapters are the Knights of Seiros unavailable for faculty training? And once again, is Hilda and Cyril's paralogue the only one that doesn't expire before the time skip?

Shamir isn't available Month 8
None of them are available after the chapter "A Cause for sorrow"

Seteth doesn't tutor you during the chapter "Rumours of a Reaper"

5 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

So let me get this right, so irrelevant if your adjutant actually attacks or not they still receive weapon exp? For what they have equipped right?

How about exp for levels? Do they get that?

Also do they get all the bonus multipliers? (Statue bonus exp, class weapon exp, bane/boon modifier, and further more as an accessory equipped the bonus from knowledge gem) {I know at one point I had two of those gems. I think I got one from a paralogue and I dunno where I got the 2nd one}

If so, I'm angry I didn't know this! I didn't know I could spam magic in the background!  Darn it. 

Yeup! basically whoever you get set as your adjucent gets everything (minus authority gains which sucks). so usually once i get the knowledge (or experience gem), i just slap it on them and go to town. (You get one in the Sothis Paralogue, and then you get the other one in Throne of Knowledge). 

4 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

If you buy a c support with a unit in a new game+ file, will it give you some support points, allowing you to get the b support more quickly? Or will it only let you read the support without giving you support points?

It lets you get to the B support more quickly.

So forgive me if I'm just blind but are you not able to get paid DLC unless you buy the entire season pass? That's the only option I see when looking at the DLC menu. That would be disheartening if true because I only want some parts of it.

39 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

So forgive me if I'm just blind but are you not able to get paid DLC unless you buy the entire season pass? That's the only option I see when looking at the DLC menu. That would be disheartening if true because I only want some parts of it.

yup. you have to buy the entire thing. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

yup. you have to buy the entire thing. 

I am a pillar of salt. Sure is a dick move to make people buy DLC in bulk or just miss the party. I don't think I'll endorse that.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

16 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Also, I noticed a lot more Heroes on my last few auxiliary battle maps, compared to the usual glut of Swordmasters/Assassins. Did they adjust that too? If so... thank god. Still need a decent Lance infantry class after enemies graduate out of Soldier though. 

13 hours ago, timon said:

Scythes use Axe animation, that has been so even before the patch. Not sure about other weapons though, I think the mace might act like a sword? It's been a while since I've used one though.

Also @Flying Shogi nope, probably DLC.

Yep, Scythe of Sariel and the Crescent Sickles use Axe animations while the Short Spear uses sword animations. Haven't seen any other cross-type animations.

---

I haven't checked the thread about the DLC leak (because I don't want spoilers), but for those who have I just have two questions:

1. Do the DLCs have dates/ timeframes listed? If so, what are they? (Again, please don't spoil anything! Just say "Wave 3 comes out X, 4 comes out Y" or something.)

2. Are the free updates also detailed? If so, are they adding new save slots or ways to save records of your completed runs (and when are these being added)?

...yeah, I know the latter is a pipe dream and a half, but still.

56 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I am a pillar of salt. Sure is a dick move to make people buy DLC in bulk or just miss the party. I don't think I'll endorse that.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

I honestly don't think so. I think the DLC is reasonably priced that you can every the bits you want - and ignore the parts that you don't, (as a good bit of it is cosmetic what not). 

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

haven't checked the thread about the DLC leak (because I don't want spoilers), but for those who have I just have two questions:

1. Do the DLCs have dates/ timeframes listed? If so, what are they? (Again, please don't spoil anything! Just say "Wave 3 comes out X, 4 comes out Y" or something.)

2. Are the free updates also detailed? If so, are they adding new save slots or ways to save records of your completed runs (and when are these being added)?

...yeah, I know the latter is a pipe dream and a half, but still.

no more save slots as far as i can see. 
wave three is december and wave four is april but specific dates not yet. 

Edited by daisy jane

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

no more save slots as far as i can see.

Yeah, I saw this coming 😛 Did they talk about QoL or free updates at all?

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

wave three is december and wave four is april but specific dates not yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, Wave 3 is more Quests/ Accessories while 4 is the big story add-on, correct?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I saw this coming 😛 Did they talk about QoL or free updates at all?

Unless I'm mistaken, Wave 3 is more Quests/ Accessories while 4 is the big story add-on, correct?

yes.... and extra goodies (really good ones imo). but you don't wanna be spoiled so i'll hush there

and yes 4 has the bulk of stuff including the new mode.