The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

8 minutes ago, pekingduck said:

If two characters can A support with each other, does that mean that they are eligible to receive a paired ending with the right number of support points/achieved thresholds? Max B supports means no paired ending is possible, right?

They can with an A support, yes. But some pairings have higher maximum support points than others. From my own observations, it appears that Felix and Sylvain have a higher max with each other than Ingrid, so if each one is at their maximum number with each other, Felix and Sylvain should pair with each other generally. You can see who's higher on the priority list through the Close Allies part of their profile. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

They can with an A support, yes. But some pairings have higher maximum support points than others. From my own observations, it appears that Felix and Sylvain have a higher max with each other than Ingrid, so if each one is at their maximum number with each other, Felix and Sylvain should pair with each other generally. You can see who's higher on the priority list through the Close Allies part of their profile. 

Interesting. So, is this a case where there is no "invisible A+" for some characters, and that character pairs with A+'s have higher max support point thresholds than pairs who max out at A?

10 minutes ago, pekingduck said:

Interesting. So, is this a case where there is no "invisible A+" for some characters, and that character pairs with A+'s have higher max support point thresholds than pairs who max out at A?

I'm not really certain on the mechanics of it, but technically an A+ is always possible. It's just very hidden as the only place I know of where you can always check it is at the Dining Hall. If you press X to examine their supports, it'll show either C, C+, B, B+, A, or A+. The + is generally tied to either a second conversation or just points. Even among A+ support pairings, some have higher max thresholds than others. When everyone is maxed out (i.e. you don't see the hearts anymore on the Battle screen when they perform Linked Attacks), that's when you can check the Close Allies tab to see who has the highest max with each other. I think it may also be partially tied to whether the support increases their Mt because those pairings usually are close story-wise. 

Edit: I should clarify on the Dining Hall thing. It's when you choose Share a Meal. You can press X to see all of the Support Levels between everyone who's sharing a meal, and you can see whether the A rank has gained enough points to be considered an A+. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

Don't know if I can ask story questions here or if it's been asked before, but here goes:

In New Game+, if I visit the Holy Tomb via amiibo Gazebo in Chapter 11, I'd encounter 

Spoiler

Byleth

there. Is there any (either explicit or implied) story reason for this? I doubt it, seeing how New Game+ also has Byleth's Journal and the Crest items.

(My headcanon explanation is that all these involve off-screen alternae timeline travel, Atelier Lulua-style.)

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

What happens when you retreat from an in-progress battle, do you lose that activity point?

Not exactly. If you quit mid-battle, you can't go back to the monastery without ending the day, but I don't think you lose any activity points. 

11 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I guess so, yeah. You can already sort of do that with Divine Pulse though lol.

But now if you run out of Pulses you can just go back to the menu to replenish them and come back with the only downside being that you're back to your starting position, it sounds like?

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But now if you run out of Pulses you can just go back to the menu to replenish them and come back with the only downside being that you're back to your starting position, it sounds like?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It seems more useful in the early game when you have less charges of Divine Pulse, but later on, I think there are usually enough to cheese maps without restarting them. 

2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It seems more useful in the early game when you have less charges of Divine Pulse, but later on, I think there are usually enough to cheese maps without restarting them.  

Huh. All of a sudden Maddening sounds much easier...now hurry and add more save slots, IS!

8 minutes ago, timon said:

What am I missing, how is that different from just soft reset?

In Echoes, if you retreated from then returned to a battle you would be restored to full HP, but all the enemies you defeated would stay dead. According to the answers I got, the same happens here.

If you're referring to my comment about adding save slots, that's just me hoping IS adds more (or the ability to store your character endings somewhere) since all five of mine are taken up right now: I can't play anymore without erasing something.

Edited by DefyingFates

4 hours ago, avengerfive said:

Is it true that all pre-timeskip paralouges are available as long as you have at least one of the units? I don't remember ever getting Hilda/Cyril despite having Cyril.

That one seems to be the sole exception to the rule, but otherwise yes: you just need one of a Paralogue's focus units to access it.

Edited by DefyingFates

So I recruited Shamir a few chapters after Cyril and she is 1 level lower than him but beated him in most stats with an A rank bow to boot.

I'm so salty. I thought my Cyril was rgn blessed when he had 6 stats increased every level, but apparently that base is hard to salvage...

Anyway, I've never used Cyril before this run so just wanted to ask if it's worth keeping him in the long run? 

Edited by Okigen

3 hours ago, Escape the Fate said:

Something I crazily only just noticed on BL...

Is it possible to steal the Sword of Seiros from Edelgard in Chapter 17? If yes and anyone has, how viable/good is it?

You cannot steal weapons. Only items & equipments (except saint/relic accessories?)

4 hours ago, Okigen said:

So I recruited Shamir a few chapters after Cyril and she is 1 level lower than him but beated him in most stats with an A rank bow to boot.

I'm so salty. I thought my Cyril was rgn blessed when he had 6 stats increased every level, but apparently that base is hard to salvage...

Anyway, I've never used Cyril before this run so just wanted to ask if it's worth keeping him in the long run? 

In my case, I dropped him pretty quickly in my first (Azure Moon) run because I became more interested in the students. He wasn't exactly good stat-wise; at least, that was my impression after trying him for a few chapters before deciding to drop him.

Not a fan of Aptitude characters to begin with, since they could have just given them good growths without wasting that personal skill slot.

4 hours ago, Okigen said:

Cyril is supposed to be the "Est" of this game. Although he's a bit better than most Ests because he autolevels, his growths are not as high as most Ests. He makes for a pretty strong and quick Wyvern Lord or Bow Knight, so it's up to you. Though if you don't want to invest in him, then I say drop him.

I hate how Cyril's Aptitude is essentially false advertising. It's like a store advertising a 20% off sale, but they've silently raised their prices 15% at the same time. That said... he's actually my third-best flier at the moment, with all of the core ones being level 37-39. However it's not exactly a fair comparison as due to my poor planning, he's my only one with Death Blow. He's a bit Str screwed but Spd blessed at like 29/39.

Broadly speaking, Petra (few more points in both Str and Spd) and Seteth (40 Str at 38!) are clearly better overall, Ingrid comes close to him only because I fed her some steroids (they have the same Speed). Hilda (broadly mediocre) and Claude (mine is spectacularly Spd screwed) are worse, though they'd probably be on a par if they had Death Blow. Raphael was abandoned 10 levels ago, while Sylvain is struggling to get his Wyvern Lord promotion due to a very late start, he probably would end up better if I put more effort into it. Meanwhile, the game might end before I succeed in making Catherine fly...

3 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

You cannot steal weapons. Only items & equipments (except saint/relic accessories?)

Argh, figured that was the case due to the possibility of Rhea de-quipping it for Magic in CF. Weird that El has it in her inventory, but not as weird as Seteth inexplicably having Faith Lv 5 or Ferdinand/Lorenz ditching their abilities from earlier.