The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Minor question, but why do enemy Pegasus Knights have 7 movement but player controlled Pegasus knights only have 6?

I dunno. Maybe Pegasus Knights were meant to be an advanced class?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno. Maybe Pegasus Knights were meant to be an advanced class?

That seems feasible. The stats for the enemy Pegasus Knights are ridiculous compared to most of the other unpromoted enemies on hard mode so I would not be surprised if this were the case.

Another question: Do recruited characters on maddening have higher stats than on hard (i.e. If I recruit Linhardt in chapter 10 on maddening, would have have higher stats than on Hard Mode if I recruited him on the same chapter?).

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

1 hour ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Another question: Do recruited characters on maddening have higher stats than on hard (i.e. If I recruit Linhardt in chapter 10 on maddening, would have have higher stats than on Hard Mode if I recruited him on the same chapter?).

They're the same stats, but they're higher relatively to most of your units. Because of the severe XP penalty, you'll probably need to ditch a unit or two for the rest of them to keep pace. That means that units that you don't need to invest any XP into are more valuable, even if their stats are the same as on Hard.

5 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

That seems feasible. The stats for the enemy Pegasus Knights are ridiculous compared to most of the other unpromoted enemies on hard mode so I would not be surprised if this were the case.

Yeah. Note that they also have Lancefaire when -faire abilities are innate to most advanced classes.

With regard to the White Heron Cup, do you always gain support points with whoever you choose as your representative?

Edited by Shadow Mir

Do the Crest items (Dark Dragon Sign et al) interact with Hero Relics? For example, if I am using the Aegis Shield, does carrying the Shield Dragon Sign make the game read that the user bears the Crest of Fraldarius?

Kind of a story related question / general bitching.

Crimson Flower Post Chapter 12

Spoiler

So... does the story get any better? I had heard that Crimson Flower was rushed, but this is just.. bad. No explanation whatsoever to what happened at the end of Chapter 12 - Rhea turns into a dragon and apparently the castle crumbles or something and suddenly it's five years later. What?

Even worse, after reuniting at the monastery, the group then plans to head to Deirdru, the Alliance capital, for which they apparently need to cross the Airmid River via the Bridge of Myrddin. Except, no, they don't? I already needed to cross that bridge in Azure Moon and Verdant Wind because that was the way from the monastery into the Empire. So why would I need to cross it now, when I need to get to Deirdru from Garreg Mach?

Did I misunderstand this or something?

*edit* Also, when Jeralt's voice talks about what happens during the five years, he says Rhea's been missing, even though it was mentioned just moments earlier that she's in Fhirdiad. This kind of stuff is just... why, Intelligent Systems? Is it really this hard to write a consistent story?

Edited by Elephantus

48 minutes ago, Elephantus said:

Kind of a story related question / general bitching.

Crimson Flower Post Chapter 12

Hide contents

So... does the story get any better? I had heard that Crimson Flower was rushed, but this is just.. bad. No explanation whatsoever to what happened at the end of Chapter 12 - Rhea turns into a dragon and apparently the castle crumbles or something and suddenly it's five years later. What?

Even worse, after reuniting at the monastery, the group then plans to head to Deirdru, the Alliance capital, for which they apparently need to cross the Airmid River via the Bridge of Myrddin. Except, no, they don't? I already needed to cross that bridge in Azure Moon and Verdant Wind because that was the way from the monastery into the Empire. So why would I need to cross it now, when I need to get to Deirdru from Garreg Mach?

Did I misunderstand this or something?

*edit* Also, when Jeralt's voice talks about what happens during the five years, he says Rhea's been missing, even though it was mentioned just moments earlier that she's in Fhirdiad. This kind of stuff is just... why, Intelligent Systems? Is it really this hard to write a consistent story?

Spoiler

It's definitely rushed, but it has its moments, it's still my favourite path.

That said, for your questions: there should've been a cutscene like in every other route, but it's rushed so it's just a picture I guess. Basically Rhea wrecks everything but the imperial army manages to win anyways thanks to numbers. That's basically the same of what happens for every route, except usually Rhea turns to save the day and Byleth is beaten off by Thales and not the Immaculate One.

You do need to pass that bridge, as I understand it it works that way.

Faerghus     ~~~~                 Derdriu
                         ~~~~
Garreg Mach ~~~~= bridge =~~~~

Empire

Since you can't go north by Eastern Faerghus (as Edelgard doesn't want to engage the Kingdom yet, also I'm not sure there's a direct route) you have to go by the bridge.

Note the scheme quality btw.

Jeralt's voice is probably just leftover, again rushed, it's just the same voicelines that gets played in every route after timeskip.

So yeah, it's definitely rushed, maybe DLC will fix (considering they're adding Jeritza).

8 minutes ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

It's definitely rushed, but it has its moments, it's still my favourite path.

That said, for your questions: there should've been a cutscene like in every other route, but it's rushed so it's just a picture I guess. Basically Rhea wrecks everything but the imperial army manages to win anyways thanks to numbers. That's basically the same of what happens for every route, except usually Rhea turns to save the day and Byleth is beaten off by Thales and not the Immaculate One.

You do need to pass that bridge, as I understand it it works that way.

Faerghus     ~~~~                 Derdriu
                         ~~~~
Garreg Mach ~~~~= bridge =~~~~

Empire

Since you can't go north by Eastern Faerghus (as Edelgard doesn't want to engage the Kingdom yet, also I'm not sure there's a direct route) you have to go by the bridge.

Note the scheme quality btw.

Jeralt's voice is probably just leftover, again rushed, it's just the same voicelines that gets played in every route after timeskip.

So yeah, it's definitely rushed, maybe DLC will fix (considering they're adding Jeritza).

Spoiler

Okay, looking at the world map, I can see how it kind of works, assuming you can't go directly east from the Monastery because horses and carriages can't get through the mountains or something. In that case, I'm assuming Claude went through Southern Kingdom territory in his route? Referring to this map from Serenes Forest by the way.

Anyways, glad to hear the route has its moments still. I'm hoping Edelgard's motivation will be made clear too.

Question about class masteries: it is extremely beneficial to obtain the class masteries at all costs? Even with the statue giving one extra point, everyone gets so much exp they can pretty much pass an exam. The Noble/Commoner was a given but now it's very slow for my liking.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Question about class masteries: it is extremely beneficial to obtain the class masteries at all costs? Even with the statue giving one extra point, everyone gets so much exp they can pretty much pass an exam. The Noble/Commoner was a given but now it's very slow for my liking.

Sometimes. Most of them aren't really worth going out of your way for imo.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sometimes. Most of them aren't really worth going out of your way for imo.

I just checked, yeah it's pretty much the higher class they are worth it. The rest are a bonus. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

I just checked, yeah it's pretty much the higher class they are worth it. The rest are a bonus. Thanks.

I find the intermediate and advanced ones most useful (vantage, wrath, desparation, death/fiendish blow, pavise/aegis, etc). All the master classes minus quick riposte and defiant avoid really aren’t that great

5 minutes ago, CarmineCoffee said:

I find the intermediate and advanced ones most useful (vantage, wrath, desparation, death/fiendish blow, pavise/aegis, etc). All the master classes minus quick riposte and defiant avoid really aren’t that great

You're correct too. By higher I just mean anything higher than beginner seal because those are basically small bonus and that's where I am in the story.

I ask again, does anyone know if you always gain support points with whoever you choose to participate in the White Heron Cup? Because with some of the students' reactions, I'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I ask again, does anyone know if you always gain support points with whoever you choose to participate in the White Heron Cup? Because with some of the students' reactions, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure you do. I checked all the BL students, and even the students who seem apprehensive about it (Dimitri and Ingrid) get an increase. 

Let's say you explore in the first week of a month and collect all the blue sparkle items in the monastery. Is it possible for more blue sparkle items to spawn if you explore in the following weeks?

Also, is there any guide for locations of the blue sparkle items?

Edited by avengerfive

22 minutes ago, avengerfive said:

Let's say you explore in the first week of a month and collect all the blue sparkle items in the monastery. Is it possible for more blue sparkle items to spawn if you explore in the following weeks?

No. The monastery updates monthly.

Not that I know of.

23 minutes ago, avengerfive said:

There's some guides online for the Lost Items. Any of the other glowing items are either tied to Quests or random. Here's one from IGN, but there are plenty just from looking up "lost items guide three houses."

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Lost_Items

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

No. The monastery updates monthly.

Not that I know of.

Thanks, so you only need to fully explore once per month.

9 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

There's some guides online for the Lost Items. Any of the other glowing items are either tied to Quests or random. Here's one from IGN, but there are plenty just from looking up "lost items guide three houses."

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Lost_Items

Thanks for the link. In particular, I was concerned about the items that boost professor rank. I'm guessing those are random? I mostly find them in the 1F Dormitories (I don't it's possible to find them in the 2F Dormitories, let me know if I'm wrong), Officers' Academy, Library, and I think I even found one in the Reception Hall. 

1 minute ago, avengerfive said:

Thanks for the link. In particular, I was concerned about the items that boost professor rank. I'm guessing those are random? I mostly find them in the 1F Dormitories (I don't it's possible to find them in the 2F Dormitories, let me know if I'm wrong), Officers' Academy, Library, and I think I even found one in the Reception Hall. 

I don't think they're random because I remember getting the same ones on some of my playthroughs. For example, there's always a couple right by the Fishing area near the beginning of the game that give some Professor Level. I don't think there's any guide about them out there, but the other locations sound accurate. 

13 minutes ago, avengerfive said:

Exactly. Though motivating your students through meals or gifts should also be considered.

Edited by Shadow Mir

12 hours ago, avengerfive said:

From my experience in terms of random pickups (foodstuffs, forging items etc.) here’s where you should look.

The characters’ rooms and the library will occasionally have books that increase professor level but nothing else. Owl Feathers can appear randomly I think anywhere but stop after the timeskip (as do the books)

Lost item locations are always the same and they’ll be at the area where the character was standing the previous month.

The rest only appear in crates/barrels/other specific areas around the monastery, so especially post timeskip, I generally go outside in this order:

Dorms (just the crates and barrels on the outside and near the stairs)

Greenhouse (on either side of the back)

Fishing pond (crates/barrels/merchant stand)

Marketplace (all stand areas)

The outside areas around the entrance/dining hall (crates/barrels)

The dining hall (cabinets by the serving area)

The well outside the cathedral (to the left when you enter it)

Generally, you won’t find anything else anywhere otherwise. If anyone’s found stuff elsewhere obviously feel free to correct me.