The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does bonus Renown carry over multiple playthroughs? Say I never touched my 50000 Renown from clearing routes. Would my next NG+ have 100000 Renown (50000 + 50000 carryover) or just 50000 again (50000 is overwritten due to its bonus nature)?

41 minutes ago, Cor Leonis said:

How does bonus Renown carry over multiple playthroughs? Say I never touched my 50000 Renown from clearing routes. Would my next NG+ have 100000 Renown (50000 + 50000 carryover) or just 50000 again (50000 is overwritten due to its bonus nature)?

100,000. I actually started my most recent maddening run with 54,000 that carried over + 50,000 from multiple clears.

1 hour ago, Kaen said:

How can I make Cyril a dancer?

I already recruited him and have the dancer quest, but he doesn't give me the option.

unknown.png

Did you recruit him on the same day that you took the quest?
If not, all I can think of is trying again the next weekend if you still have that opportunity (you don't need to decide on your candidate right away, check the calendar) or load an earlier save file.

Edited by Elephantus

1 hour ago, Kaen said:

How can I make Cyril a dancer?

I already recruited him and have the dancer quest, but he doesn't give me the option.

Pretty sure you can’t because he’s not a student. None of the people affiliated with the Church of Seiros can be dancers (Flayn is the exception because she joins your class).

6 minutes ago, Elephantus said:

Did you recruit him on the same day that you took the quest?
If not, all I can think of is trying again the next weekend if you still have that opportunity (you don't need to decide on your candidate right away, check the calendar) or load an earlier save file.

No, he's on my party for a long time now and has 13 charm. I'm on BL route, don't know if this is a problem.

1 minute ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Pretty sure you can’t because he’s not a student. None of the people affiliated with the Church of Seiros can be dancers (Flayn is the exception because she joins your class).

Really? That's so disappointing.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:20 PM, avengerfive said:

Thanks, so you only need to fully explore once per month.

If you scanned one of your amiibo then every time you explore new green sparkles will appear each week you choose to explore. But only around and next to the gazebo. If you are on new game+ and can optionally go to the Holy Tombs, then new items will also respawn there as well each time you choose to explore. 

42 minutes ago, Edegard1902 said:

Are there any major differences between male and female Byleth's supports outside of S ranks? Also is there a timelimit for Rhea's support in the Golden Deer route?

No, and

Spoiler

I'm foggy on the exact chapter numbers, but you need the B support before Jeralt dies, and the A support in the two chapters immediately after.

4 minutes ago, Edegard1902 said:

@Humanoid Well it seems I need to get that B rank soon then as I'm nearly at that chapter. 

Found a more detailed description in this thread:

Byleth x Rhea- C is only available during Chapters 5 through 9; B is only available during Chapters 6 through 9; A can only be obtained in Chapters 11 or 12 (only Chapter 11 on Edelgard’s route) [[Also, this is the only one of Byleth's support chains that must be activated through the Support Menu (just like the non-Byleth supports)]]

For New Game+: On a third playthrough, do the data carry over from the first clear?

To be specific: if I unlocked a B support with a unit during the first clear but did not buy it back with renown during the second clear, does the option to buy that support remain on the third run?

16 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

If you scanned one of your amiibo then every time you explore new green sparkles will appear each week you choose to explore. But only around and next to the gazebo. If you are on new game+ and can optionally go to the Holy Tombs, then new items will also respawn there as well each time you choose to explore. 

Do you just have to scan an amiibo once period, once a week or once per playthrough?

7 hours ago, De Geso said:

For New Game+: On a third playthrough, do the data carry over from the first clear?

To be specific: if I unlocked a B support with a unit during the first clear but did not buy it back with renown during the second clear, does the option to buy that support remain on the third run?

Yep!

6 hours ago, Johnzin said:

Does assassinate have a rate of killing an enemy instantly? Like dex%?

It's tied to Dex.

5 hours ago, Harumaki said:

Is there any point to getting support points with Jeralt?

Maybe a future update/ DLC will add Supports with him, but for now: nope.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Do you just have to scan an amiibo once period, once a week or once per playthrough?

I only scanned the amiibo on my first play through but i'm getting green sparkles around the gazebo even on my 2nd play thru (NG+)

If you scan a NON fire emblem character amiibo you'll get pretty cheap items. I only scanned my Mario, Bowser, and Peach and i was getting pretty generic stuff like tea supplies, some healing items, resources like fish, food, and bait, other miscellaneous items like a leather shield, torch, and spirit water. 

I did notice the on-screen prompt told me after i scanned Bowser and Peach (2nd and 3rd respectively) it said "items will already appear near the gazebo" as if it was implying all you need to do is scan one amiibo (non-fire emblem) and you get the items to start spawning

Near the end of my 1st play thru and starting on my NG+ when i scanned my Lucina, Ike, and Marth then i noticed even better items.

I started getting stat boosters, rings, hexlock shields (all at the beginning of the game too =D) and even more rare resources like certain meats, certain 4 and 5 star food items like angelica, certain 4 and 5 star teas, and what not.

The prompt said to me when i scanned one fire emblem amiibo that "even better rewards will now be available" (I think it said something along those lines). But when i scanned my 2nd and 3rd (Ike and Marth) amiibo(s) it was giving me the same prompt as before. Something like "items are already appearing". 

So in conclusion, i think you need to scan 2 types of amiibo. One character who isn't from fire emblem, and one who is. 

I don't scan weekly/monthly. It was a one time thing. I tried on my NG+ but it gave me the same prompt from before saying i already did this. So i'm like 99% sure that once you scan it, the game will forever remember you own one and it linked it to your logged in profile on the switch that you are using to play fire emblem. I didn't test out starting a new separate file to see if items were spawning but maybe someone else has.

Edit: OH YEAH, i forgot. When i scanned the fire emblem ones, it was two prompts that were spit out at me. The first one was talking about items and the 2nd one was telling me that i unlocked a new song that i can play during auxiliary/free battles.

The Ike gave me the sound track from that plays during part 3 of Radiant Dawn when a battle starts. Its the one with an upbeat note when viewing the map. Not one of the battle songs. The Lucina, gave me a song from Awakening which was one of the Blaze verisons of the songs that play when you are battling. The Marth gave me a song i don't remember hearing.

Edited by Tediz64

This there a guide floating around anywhere on where to find items throughout exploration? I don't mean just Lost Items; this includes the Professor Rank increasing items and the like. It has become tedious searching every corner of the map just to get a few bonus points on my Professor Rank in this fresh Maddening run.

Edited by Cor Leonis

I have a question on new game plus. 

I started a new game, and wanted to unlock the supports with Shamir and Catherine, but they're not avaible. Have I to wait until they appear in game to buy their supports with renown? 

Another question, I ended the game 2 times, once with BE and once with BL. Still, the option to S Support Sothis is never avaible. I'm pretty sure I selected the answers that give point with her, but she is not available. What have I to do? 

2 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I haven't tried yet, but I don't think you have to do anything special for Sothis. At the bottom of the choices is one that says ????? with a faded portrait of Sothis.

Yes, but the option is greyed out and I can't select it

OK, I tried again, you can select it even if it is greyed out. Stupid me XD

Edited by MaryQueen99