The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Lysithea making a rather curious comment in one of her supports, one along the lines of "I have no future" or something like that. With that in mind... when do I learn precisely what happened with her?

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I remember Lysithea making a rather curious comment in one of her supports, one along the lines of "I have no future" or something like that. With that in mind... when do I learn precisely what happened with her?

I believe you learn about that during Golden Deer timeskip after a certain chapter. I forgot what chapter it is. They also hint at it in her Edelgard support as well.

@Boatcat2111 I loved the Golden Deer and Black Eagle routes as well but Iiked how different it was to the other two and Dimitri's development was great which is what Edelgard lacked in her rushed route. Claude is a great character but he doesn't undergo any major development but he is really charismatic and the main lore is revealed in that route with a great final map.

2 hours ago, Johnzin said:

Did anyone else encounter a 100 turn limit for the chapteR?

There is a 99 turn limit for every chapter in the game unless it's specifically set to a lower number.

20 hours ago, Humanoid said:

There is a 99 turn limit for every chapter in the game unless it's specifically set to a lower number.

This goes for all other battles as well.  Auxiliary Battles, Quest Battles, and Paralogues will, at most, let you take 99 turns to complete their objectives.

Here's a question I have.  How much Experience towards the next Professor Level do you earn at each level from answering Lecture Questions?  It seems to me like it increases every level, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

This goes for all other battles as well.  Auxiliary Battles, Quest Battles, and Paralogues will, at most, let you take 99 turns to complete their objectives.

Here's a question I have.  How much Experience towards the next Professor Level do you earn at each level from answering Lecture Questions?  It seems to me like it increases every level, but I'm not sure.

I think it does as well, but that could also be based on when you are in the game. If it's not, all I can tell you is that the best answer gives:
At E+: 300
At D : 600
At C : 1200
... and that's as high as it gets afaik. I don't have D+ in my notes but logically it's pretty easy to see how much it should give.

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I think it does as well, but that could also be based on when you are in the game. If it's not, all I can tell you is that the best answer gives:
At E+: 300
At D : 600
At C : 1200
... and that's as high as it gets afaik. I don't have D+ in my notes but logically it's pretty easy to see how much it should give.

Okay, so I'm an idiot, I had my character at a point where they're just before a Lecture Week and could just test it myself without saving, smh.

I checked at Professor Level A, neutral answer gave 1,000 and good answer gave 1,200.

So I guess that confirms that it doesn't go beyond 1,200, at least not before the end of the month of the notorious second Fistfulls of Fish event.  Wouldn't know beyond then because I almost always get my character to A+ rank Professor Level by the end of that month.

Hello, I just finished chapter 12 on Edelgard route (Outset of a Power Struggle). Such a great chapter!

Anyway, there are a bunch of allied (green) NPCs, some of them named, who ended up dying on my first attempt. Since it’s a pretty long mission that I don’t really want to redo right now, I was wondering if I am missing any rewards for letting these characters die, and whether it has any impact in the story line.

Additionally, has anyone ever compiled a list of the “extra” objectives in each mission and their respective rewards?

Thanks!

Edited by rocanaan
Added name of chapter

51 minutes ago, rocanaan said:

Hello, I just finished chapter 12 on Edelgard route. Such a great chapter!

Anyway, there are a bunch of allied (green) NPCs, some of them named, who ended up dying on my first attempt. Since it’s a pretty long mission that I don’t really want to redo right now, I was wondering if I am missing any rewards for letting these characters die, and whether it has any impact in the story line.

Additionally, has anyone ever compiled a list of the “extra” objectives in each mission and their respective rewards?

Thanks!

I assume you mean Crimson Flower. No rewards, good thing too as all of them usually get wrecked even on Normal without luck and/or planning.

3 minutes ago, Escape the Fate said:

I assume you mean Crimson Flower. No rewards, good thing too as all of them usually get wrecked even on Normal without luck and/or planning.

Thanks! Actually I meant Outset of a Power Struggle. My biggest concern is 

Spoiler

The Death Knight NPC died and I would be sad to miss some piece of storyline because of that.

Poor thing got 33*4’d by Catherine... brutal!

43 minutes ago, rocanaan said:

Thanks! Actually I meant Outset of a Power Struggle. My biggest concern is 

Hide contents

The Death Knight NPC died and I would be sad to miss some piece of storyline because of that.

Poor thing got 33*4’d by Catherine... brutal!

Yup that’s Crimson Flower. And no it doesn’t affect the storyline in any way. You’re best off having them tank Gilbert, Flayn and Catherine so you can avoid some nasty hits anyway.

29 minutes ago, Fire Flower said:

Is there a list of paralogues written somewhere? Specifically the characters needed, and what routes they're available on.

Pre-Timeskip:

• Dorothea and Ingrid
  • Dedue (BL)
  • Sylvain
  • Felix
  • Ashe and Catherine
  • Lorenz
  • Hilda and Cyril (NA on BE)
  • Raphael and Ignatz
  • Manuela and Hanneman
  • Seteth and Flayn
  • Alois and Shamir

Post-Timeskip:

• Edelgard (CF)
  • Hubert (CF)
  • Ferdinand and Lysithea (NA on Crimson Flower)
  • Bernadetta and Petra
  • Caspar and Mercedes (NA on Crimson Flower)
  • Lindhardt and Leonie
  • Dimitri (BL)
  • Annette and Gilbert (BL, requires C support between them)
  • Claude (GD)
  • Marianne
  • Rhea (NA on Crimson Flower, requires C(?) Support)

Not sure on the exact level of Support needed for Rhea's Paralogue tbh. Maybe someone else knows. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

Thank you. So I see that most of the non-lord paralogues (and therefore relics/battalions) aren't route-specific, except if you are on CF.

I seem to recall only getting the Rhea paralogue on my SS run, but that is with Rhea at A-support. I did not get it on any other run, and I had at most a C-support. So either it requires an A-support or you have to be on SS route.

I would also mention that if you're on Crimson Flower, you must defeat Seteth and Flayn with Byleth in chapter 15(?) to keep Linhardt and Leonie's paralogue open.

I'll ask it here before I make a thread if I don't get an answer. I finished CF route a couple of days ago and I somehow felt I didn't do as many paralogue and then I realized I never did Ferdinand/Lysithea (Apparently it's the same paralogue but I didn't get either of them so I don't know), Lindardt and Caspers paralogues. Which makes me wonder why? Are these route exclusive or did I somehow miss a trigger to activate these paralogues without me even realizing it?

Edited by FoliFF

14 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I'll ask it here before I make a thread if I don't get an answer. I finished CF route a couple of days ago and I somehow felt I didn't do as many paralogue and then I realized I never did Ferdinand/Lysithea (Apparently it's the same paralogue but I didn't get either of them so I don't know), Lindardt and Caspers paralogues. Which makes me wonder why? Are these route exclusive or did I somehow miss a trigger to activate these paralogues without me even realizing it?

Ferdinand and Lysithea's paralogue is unavailable on Crimson Flower. Ditto for Caspar and Mercedes's paralogue. Linhardt and Leonie's paralogue will lock if

Spoiler

you kill Seteth and/or Flayn; to avoid this, you must defeat them with Byleth to make them retreat.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ferdinand and Lysithea's paralogue is unavailable on Crimson Flower. Ditto for Caspar and Mercedes's paralogue. Linhardt and Leonie's paralogue will lock if

Hide contents

you kill Seteth and/or Flayn; to avoid this, you must defeat them with Byleth to make them retreat.

Oh shit I read somewhere use I should use Byleth to spare a couple but I couldn't figure whom and I didn't want to feed Byleth all the boss kills. So that's why I never got Linhardt paralogue. Shit now I feel bad for killing them + for not getting Lindhardt paralogue...

At least I'm relived that the rest of paralogues I didn't get was route exclusive. Also thanks mate for answering my questions.

Edited by FoliFF

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Does anyone know how many rare monster sightings there are throughout the game?

They appearing during chapter 5 and onward right? Now I only played CF but I do know you get at least one or more usually two per month. Although three sightings is probably the max.

With my rough calculation there should be around 24 to 34 encounters depending on the route.