The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

33 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

They appearing during chapter 5 and onward right? Now I only played CF but I do know you get at least one or more usually two per month. Although three sightings is probably the max.

With my rough calculation there should be around 24 to 34 encounters depending on the route.

That's not what I'm talking about. What I am talking about involves a three-way fight between your units, some enemies, and a monster that drops a rusted weapon (which can potentially be an Archanean regalia or dragon claws).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's not what I'm talking about. What I am talking about involves a three-way fight between your units, some enemies, and a monster that drops a rusted weapon (which can potentially be an Archanean regalia or dragon claws).

Pretty sure that's exactly what they were talking about actually. 😉 Past Miklan's chapter, there's usually one or two per month.

Edited by Elephantus

I have a question for people who've finished a maddening playthrough. Do you think it's feasible to get Quick Riposte in time for the final few chapters (church route)? I'm toying with the idea of making either Byleth or Felix a War Master, since endgame enemies have ridiculous strength and speed from what I've heard, and quick riposte seems like a decent strategy to counter the most scary enemies. However, I'm afraid setting this up will be difficult, because axes won't allow me to double often and gauntlets have lower strength and no range. For Byleth my alternative would be Wyvern Lord and for Felix my alternative would be Bow Knight.

7 hours ago, Elephantus said:

Pretty sure that's exactly what they were talking about actually. 😉 Past Miklan's chapter, there's usually one or two per month.

That can't be it. The dates of rare monster sightings have a red exclamation point on them (unless red exclamation points are used for something else as well). As far as I know, there's at least three such events pre-timeskip.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

That can't be it. The dates of rare monster sightings have a red exclamation point on them (unless red exclamation points are used for something else as well). As far as I know, there's at least three such events pre-timeskip.

Then I don't get it. Aren't all the red exclamation mark fights three ways? I haven't done too many of those.

Just now, Elephantus said:

Then I don't get it. Aren't all the red exclamation mark fights three ways? I haven't done too many of those.

Yeah. I don't know if you were a member then, but one pre-release video showed such a fight.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah. I don't know if you were a member then, but one pre-release video showed such a fight.

I skipped out on most of the pre-release stuff, so I wouldn't know. Sorry I can't help. 😕

Edited by Elephantus

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's the three way fight we are talking about. While I haven't done all of them I did several when I felt like doing one. All encounters I have done involved one beast, several bandits and the player. Usually the beast is at the edge of the map and depending on what beast it is it will either just stay there or attack the nearby bandits or vise versa while you the player is the the furthest away from the beast. At least on the maps I have played.

I also think Ignatz and Raphael paralouge has a beast and iirc it is three-way as well? I just started GD so I don't know if it is the same paralogue during pre-release or not. I also know they showed an Aux Battle with a beast and several bandits pre-release. This has to be the red exclamation point aux battle since you never encounter beasts otherwise from my knowledge.

2 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I also think Ignatz and Raphael paralouge has a beast and iirc it is three-way as well? I just started GD so I don't know if it is the same paralogue during pre-release or not.

It does have beasts, but they're red units. Also, it is the same paralogue from pre-release (in this one, you have to protect some merchants as they escape).

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It does have beasts, but they're red units. Also, it is the same paralogue from pre-release (in this one, you have to protect some merchants as they escape).

Ah alright so they are on the same team. Anyway I forgot to say you can tell if it's a three way battle if there are two enemy phase and usually it's yellow. I also noticed they tend to ignore each other most of the time unless they somehow came within range of each other.

4 hours ago, Quirino said:

I have a question for people who've finished a maddening playthrough. Do you think it's feasible to get Quick Riposte in time for the final few chapters (church route)? I'm toying with the idea of making either Byleth or Felix a War Master, since endgame enemies have ridiculous strength and speed from what I've heard, and quick riposte seems like a decent strategy to counter the most scary enemies. However, I'm afraid setting this up will be difficult, because axes won't allow me to double often and gauntlets have lower strength and no range. For Byleth my alternative would be Wyvern Lord and for Felix my alternative would be Bow Knight.

You can and you can sort of farm mastery with a little bit of cheese. If you have the DLC and gold auxiliary battles there are usually a couple of units, usually bishops with renewal and since they heal every turn you can farm mastery this way. Just make sure you don't kill them before you're done.

Edited by FoliFF

On 10/6/2019 at 2:24 AM, LegendOfLoog said:

Hilda and Cyril (NA on BE)

@Fire Flower, to clarify, this Paralogue is only locked out of Crimson Flower. However, you need Hilda and Cyril and only have two weeks to recruit her in Silver Snow. On the bright side, this is the only paralogue available post-time skip as well.

Interesting.

I also learned that, for Leonie/Linhardt paralogue on CF...

Spoiler

you're not allowed to use Edelgard and Hubert, and it's the only route that bans your lord/retainer from joining.

I guess it sort of makes sense from a story perspective, but it's still a pretty big slap to the face.

1. Are level-up stats for adjutant backpacks completely predictable before playing the game? Likewise are statgains between timeskip (since units are autolevelled) fixed?

2. Am I correct in thinking that nabbed students gain 64/56/48 wexp on Normal/Hard/Maddening on their base goals each chapter? We got a formula that predicts student stats from default classes, personal and enemy class growths and base stats. I want to be able to predict what weapon ranks each student and faculty member would have at all point in the game pre-timeskip.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

59 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

We got a formula that predicts student stats from default classes, personal and enemy class growths and base stats.

Wait, we do? 😮

(can't help with your question unfortunately, but this intrigues me)

5 hours ago, Elephantus said:

Wait, we do? 😮

Relevant formula is listed in https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/d0w2hr/an_analysis_on_the_monastery_autolevelling/

Note that total Def and Res growths (i.e. Character Def/Res Growth + Enemy Class Def/Res Growths) are capped at 60% however, something that isn't mentioned in the original post.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

8 hours ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

1. Are level-up stats for adjutant backpacks completely predictable before playing the game? Likewise are statgains between timeskip (since units are autolevelled) fixed?

2. Am I correct in thinking that nabbed students gain 64/56/48 wexp on Normal/Hard/Maddening on their base goals each chapter? We got a formula that predicts student stats from default classes, personal and enemy class growths and base stats. I want to be able to predict what weapon ranks each student and faculty member would have at all point in the game pre-timeskip.

1: That's something I've never wondered about. Looking at characters that have been adjutants for my entire current playthrough, several stats deviate from average, so I would say no. The second is also a no. I've gone through the same timeskip twice to compare the amount of levels gained, and the stat gains were different. For all intents and purposes they seem to be regular level ups that we just don't see.

2: Can only confirm for maddening, but that seems to be the case, yes. Note that you also have to consider the base ranks of the class you recruit them as, for example swordmaster, sniper and warrior cannot have under A in sword/bow/axe respectively, a monk cannot have <D faith and reason, and a fighter cannot have <D in axe, bow, and brawling. Etc.

Edited by Cysx

5 hours ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Relevant formula is listed in https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/d0w2hr/an_analysis_on_the_monastery_autolevelling/

Note that total Def and Res growths (i.e. Character Def/Res Growth + Enemy Class Def/Res Growths) are capped at 60% however, something that isn't mentioned in the original post.

Oooh, okay. Not what I was looking for unfortunately. I was hoping there would be some kind of table with the average growths per level-up so I could check what the average stats for my units were to see if anyone got screwed.

Come to think of it, that should be doable in Excel, right?

Thanks anyway for the link!

*edit* Nevermind, found what I was looking for.

Edited by Elephantus

So what exactly was Ashe doing with the empire after the timeskip? We know several western houses joined forces with the empire and that house Rowe came to fight Byleth's army at the vulcano, but Ashe isn't part of house Rowe. By adoption he's a member of house Gaspard so whatever house Rowe decides doesn't really obligates him to do anything. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So what exactly was Ashe doing with the empire after the timeskip? We know several western houses joined forces with the empire and that house Rowe came to fight Byleth's army at the vulcano, but Ashe isn't part of house Rowe. By adoption he's a member of house Gaspard so whatever house Rowe decides doesn't really obligates him to do anything.

He seems to be very insistent on his knightly vows, so after taking up service as a Knight with House Rowe, betraying them probably went against his principles or whatever. I’m assuming that is why he stays with them in routes where Dimitri is gone. 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, FoliFF said:

Ah alright so they are on the same team. Anyway I forgot to say you can tell if it's a three way battle if there are two enemy phase and usually it's yellow. I also noticed they tend to ignore each other most of the time unless they somehow came within range of each other.

You can and you can sort of farm mastery with a little bit of cheese. If you have the DLC and gold auxiliary battles there are usually a couple of units, usually bishops with renewal and since they heal every turn you can farm mastery this way. Just make sure you don't kill them before you're done.

If I remember correctly class mastery goes up in every battle regardless of whether you attack/counter or not, so if your unit is strong enough to tank/dodge a weak archer/mage you can do it without flailing with a broken weapon. Only works for classes though, not weapon or armor/flying/riding XP.

Edited by Escape the Fate

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's not necessarily true.  In the feudal system, you have a hierarchy for nobility as well.  A high ranking noble (A marquis (marquess in England), a duke, a count, whatever) frequently would have lower ranking members of nobility who were *their* vassals, paying them rent and owing them military service, etc, then even lower members of the gentry who had the same obligations  to the lower nobility, and so on and so forth until you got to the serfs/peasants.  House Rowe, given that they betrayed the Empire and turned over such a militarily strategic fort to the Kingdom would almost certainly have been awarded a spot amongst the most high ranking nobility - and frankly, any noble family that was responsible for defending a border typically was awarded that sort of status for obvious reasons.  House Gaspard could very well be a vassal of House Rowe in which case Ashe, as an adopted member, would certainly have obligations to House Rowe.

6 minutes ago, GarEEE said:

Quick question:

During the last month, do the stat bonuses that you receive by cooking with one of the party members apply to the last two missions, since they happen in direct succession?

at least in the last BL chapter, they did not

22 minutes ago, AxelVDP said:

at least in the last BL chapter, they did not

Oh, I just assumed, they did in all paths.

Then let me rephrase it:

Do the stat bonuses that you receive by cooking with one of the party members apply to two successive story missions, when there is no spare time in between them?

For example in:

Spoiler

Crimson Flower Chapters 17 & 18