The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Does battalion endurance get restored after the time skip? I know that whatever weapons your units have are brought back to full durability then, but never saw anything on battalion endurance.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a weapon upgrade tree posted anywhere? Something like this, but set up in a more organized way:
https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/miscellaneous/forge-repair/

I was hoping for something that'd let me compare the final upgrades with each other, so I could figure out which ones are best, and then go backwards in the tree to figure out how to get it.

Has anyone encountered a glitch where you can't talk to Hubert in CF when he's in the small room next to the main command room where Rhea usually stands pretime skip? I cannot recall which chapter, I believe 15. But he has quests to accept but I literally could not click on him to access them, even after restarting the software, finishing the several weeks. 

I’ve only played Blue Lions route so far and was curious to know after the events in game where Byleth’s hair and eyes change color, who carries away to safety male and female Byleth for Golden Deer and Black Eagles? I know it differs on gender for both leaders who aren’t Dimitri but I can’t remember for the life of me which characters they are and Google search has failed me.  

58 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’ve only played Blue Lions route so far and was curious to know after the events in game where Byleth’s hair and eyes change color, who carries away to safety male and female Byleth for Golden Deer and Black Eagles? I know it differs on gender for both leaders who aren’t Dimitri but I can’t remember for the life of me which characters they are and Google search has failed me.  

I haven't played the Black Eagles route yet, but I've done the Golden Deer. For male Byleth:

Claude: Think, Claude. What now? Should I carry him on my back? Easier said than done...

And for female Byleth:

Claude: Think, Claude. What now? Maybe Hilda can help carry her back? She'll complain, but she won't refuse...

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I haven't played the Black Eagles route yet, but I've done the Golden Deer. For male Byleth:

Claude: Think, Claude. What now? Should I carry him on my back? Easier said than done...

And for female Byleth:

Claude: Think, Claude. What now? Maybe Hilda can help carry her back? She'll complain, but she won't refuse...

Thank you for the info!

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

Edelgard's lines:

"I shouldn't ask Hubert to carry you, so I suppose it falls to me..."

"I could try carrying you, but... No, I had better call for Hubert."

Less awkward than Claude's weird ones I think.

Edited by Humanoid

3 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I have one random stupid question out of curiosity.

For those who are Beatles fan, which 3 Houses Students would best represent each Beatle

Linhardt as John, Claude as Paul, uhhh... Petra as George and Dorothea as Ringo. Featuring Sylvain as Eric Clapton.

2 minutes ago, Garsoba said:

I have, and it was the quest for the dark merchant which was all the more annoying.

he gave it to me finally in chapter 17.

I hope nintendo fixes it, by Ch 17, you gotta sacrifice a explore day to get just in case you want to fill up on Arcane crystals I guess.

I read that Hilda and Cyril Paralouge are the only pre-timeskip paralouge that can carry over to after the timeskip, is this true?

Also what are the full rewards for completing it and somehow saving all the green units? I mainly just want to have Hildas Hero Relic.

edit: nvm I managed to complete it by saving all of them and you get Extra Large Bullion and Hexlock Shield by saving them. Boy this was a hard paralouge.

Edited by FoliFF

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

does the third wave of DLC come this month or around Christmas time?

It's planned for December release. Who knows we might be lucky and getting it earlier and if we do I think it would be later half of November.

3 hours ago, FoliFF said:

It's planned for December release. Who knows we might be lucky and getting it earlier and if we do I think it would be later half of November.

thanks. I'm trying really hard. not to replay it (again) before the DLC comes out (I have to finish up a file).
ideally i am hoping after this current playthrough i don't have to do Crimson Flower again. 

Does weapon ranks of other house students max out even though they keep auto leveling?

Such as if you recruiting Caspar, will he always be at C/C+ ranks, only difference if you recruit him at i.e Ch 8 vs Ch 12 is his stats and unit lvl.

I am thinking of recruiting Leonie but I want her to auto level the enemy cav. Growth rates but if it comes at the cost of low weapon ranks, I would be okay recruiting early. 

6 hours ago, Johnzin said:

Does weapon ranks of other house students max out even though they keep auto leveling?

Such as if you recruiting Caspar, will he always be at C/C+ ranks, only difference if you recruit him at i.e Ch 8 vs Ch 12 is his stats and unit lvl.

I am thinking of recruiting Leonie but I want her to auto level the enemy cav. Growth rates but if it comes at the cost of low weapon ranks, I would be okay recruiting early. 

There's no real cap, but unrecruited students only gain so much Wexp per month(48 on maddening). For Caspar, if you recruit him on month 12  he'll have gotten 48*12 = 576 Wexp, which puts him at C+ Axes with 4 left to reach B, and C+ Brawl with 64 left to reach B. On lower difficulties, he should have reached B on both.

Typically the best time to recruit if you want the stat bonuses but not to lose too much Wexp, is on chapter 5. It puts the character at level 11 promoted(and the game acts like they've been in their new class from level 1, hence why they'll get boosts). In general, beyond low weapon ranks(and E authority), the worst part of recruiting late is missing out on blow skills to some extent, and very few characters actually want to pay that price.

14 minutes ago, Cysx said:

There's no real cap, but unrecruited students only gain so much Wexp per month(48 on maddening). For Caspar, if you recruit him on month 12  he'll have gotten 48*12 = 576 Wexp, which puts him at C+ Axes with 4 left to reach B, and C+ Brawl with 64 left to reach B. On lower difficulties, he should have reached B on both.

Typically the best time to recruit if you want the stat bonuses but not to lose too much Wexp, is on chapter 5. It puts the character at level 11 promoted(and the game acts like they've been in their new class from level 1, hence why they'll get boosts). In general, beyond low weapon ranks(and E authority), the worst part of recruiting late is missing out on blow skills to some extent, and very few characters actually want to pay that price.

So in other word, Cyril, Catherine and Hilda get pretty much screwed over in maddening church route (even without counting the class abilities), or do they get the same perk as Seteth?

Edited by Modirufa6317

1 minute ago, Modirufa6317 said:

So in other word, Cyril, Catherine and Hilda get pretty much screwed over in maddening church route (even without counting the class abilities), or do they get the same perk as Seteth?

Cyril gets majorly screwed because he will never promote out of commoner and thus doesn't get better growths like everyone else. Catherine gets the incredibly good enemy swordmaster growths so she remains a really good unit, but she's still better off recruited early. Hilda will have excellent strength(enemy Brigand makes her growth 70%) and pretty much average everything else. For her in particular, starting with E authority halfway through the game is really bad, considering she has a weakness. That being said, she's still useable since she has a very easy time becoming a Wyvern Rider. But she's still considerably worse imo.

About Seteth, he has better base ranks to compensate for his late join time, one of his focuses is authority so he joins with a good level in that, and Wyvern Rider autolevels his Axe and Flying rank to B and C respectively, as those are the requirements to enter the class. Basically he was clearly designed to work as a late recruit. His speed is mediocre, but he gets a brave combat art so it doesn't really matter.

10 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Cyril gets majorly screwed because he will never promote out of commoner and thus doesn't get better growths like everyone else. Catherine gets the incredibly good enemy swordmaster growths so she remains a really good unit, but she's still better off recruited early. Hilda will have excellent strength(enemy Brigand makes her growth 70%) and pretty much average everything else. For her in particular, starting with E authority halfway through the game is really bad, considering she has a weakness. That being said, she's still useable since she has a very easy time becoming a Wyvern Rider. But she's still considerably worse imo.

About Seteth, he has better base ranks to compensate for his late join time, one of his focuses is authority so he joins with a good level in that, and Wyvern Rider autolevels his Axe and Flying rank to B and C respectively, as those are the requirements to enter the class. Basically he was clearly designed to work as a late recruit. His speed is mediocre, but he gets a brave combat art so it doesn't really matter.

That's rather worrying for Cyril : he's an auto-recruit for the church route and only join at the end of the 1st part of the game. It would be a very annoying oversight from the dev if he's litteraly impossible to use here, outside of normal mode.

44 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

That's rather worrying for Cyril : he's an auto-recruit for the church route and only join at the end of the 1st part of the game. It would be a very annoying oversight from the dev if he's litteraly impossible to use here, outside of normal mode.

I wouldn't say he's completely unusable; he still gets Vengeance(eventually) and PBV, and a decent 20 Spd base. But he is much worse without a doubt.