The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

45 minutes ago, Fire Flower said:

Unlock both parts of Edelgard's C-support as early as possible. Then, on Chapter 11, you must choose "Explore" on one of the free days and speak to Edelgard in the monastery; make sure to go with her to Enbarr. Once you do so, you unlock the option to side with Edelgard after completing Chapter 11's mission. Declining to go with her will lock you out of this option.

I recommend doing this on the final (third) free day of that month; if you do so earlier, you will miss an entire lecture day + free day.

Is the trip to Enbarr a cutscene?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

As far as I'm aware, all the NG+ items are contained to 1 save file, and you have to finish any runs for it to count.

1: If you start a game, get some supports, but restart the file without finishing that run, you won't have those particular supports for purchase.

2: If you have two separate NG+ saves, and start and complete a new run on one of them, the other file won't magically gain what you got on the first one.

There is a trick to purchasing multiple S ranks. If you get enough support points past A rank with someone you can't marry as your current gender, their S rank will be available for purchase as the gender they can marry on your next run (I bought Hubert/Ferdinand/Caspar/Claude/Seteth's S ranks without actually marrying any of them). I believe this doesn't work for the bisexual characters, so Edelgard/Dorothea/Linhardt/Mercedes/Alois/Gilbert/Rhea/Sothis you have to actually marry.

Thank you!

Do you also get the S Support cutscenes when you buy their Supports with Renown?

One question (I know I could use the main site, but I'm trying to stay mostly blind with this game):

1. I'm at C17 GD, and I just unlocked a Paralogue requiring Claude involving an endgame-worthy dragon in a desert. I think I can just about tackle it as is, though it'll be a slog. How long do Paralogues endure on the calendar, beyond the current month?

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you!

Do you also get the S Support cutscenes when you buy their Supports with Renown?

That I don't know, I was afraid it would mess up who I was planning to S rank next, and so copied the save file before buying it. You can still watch it in the log, though.

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:

That I don't know, I was afraid it would mess up who I was planning to S rank next, and so copied the save file before buying it. You can still watch it in the log, though.

My bad! That's what I meant: does buying someone's S Support unlock that cutscene in the log? Sounds like it is?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One question (I know I could use the main site, but I'm trying to stay mostly blind with this game):

1. I'm at C17 GD, and I just unlocked a Paralogue requiring Claude involving an endgame-worthy dragon in a desert. I think I can just about tackle it as is, though it'll be a slog. How long do Paralogues endure on the calendar, beyond the current month?

All Paralogues have a deadline listed on the Battle screen. If you're only on Ch 17, you have plenty of time to do it, so you can put it off for a chapter or two to get your levels up.

2 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

It does! I use a spare slot to buy everything first then save, so that it shows up on the log.

Wonderful, thanks! I'll have to look into this as soon as I next start playing! I played as f!Byleth last, so does that mean I have to play as m!Byleth next and buy the Supports ASAP, or can I unlock the female Supports the next time I play as a male? (I'd like to play every route again at some point and mix and match the genders when I do so.)

Also, @Corrobin posted a thread about two DLC characters being leaked. Is that a legitimate leak and does it spoil anything beyond the characters' strengths and weaknesses? (Also, are the characters from Wave 3 or 4?)

Thanks in advance, all!

Edit: It was a speculation thread, my bad!

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wonderful, thanks! I'll have to look into this as soon as I next start playing! I played as f!Byleth last, so does that mean I have to play as m!Byleth next and buy the Supports ASAP, or can I unlock the female Supports the next time I play as a male? (I'd like to play every route again at some point and mix and match the genders when I do so.)

You can do so any time as long as you use the same NG+ chain. I'd advise using a separate save with m!byleth first though.

The converse holds true as well - if your last run was m!byleth you can start another save from NG+ with f!byleth and buy those supports.

1 minute ago, Fire Flower said:

You can do so any time as long as you use the same NG+ chain. I'd advise using a separate save with m!byleth first though.

The converse holds true as well - if your last run was m!byleth you can start another save from NG+ with f!byleth and buy those supports.

Do I need to keep the save I got the Supports with to keep them unlocked in the log? I figured I could buy everything and save to a separate slot, then overwrite it later on and still keep the Supports. Is that how it works?

7 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Are there requirements for someone being eligible for the Goddess Tower after the ball (maybe needing the C support)? If so, what happens if no one is eligible?

AFAIK you need at least a B-support with that character - they need not be recruited into your house, however. You can get Hilda's Goddess Tower in Black Eagles this way.

I've never actually tried seeing what happens if nobody is eligible tbh. It might just default to your Lord.

@Silver-Haired Maiden You need to view two specific scenes with Japanese voice-over: the credits (Edge of Dawn), and the Rhea singing scene following the ball in Chapter 9 (Song of the Nabateans). No specific route is required.

Edited by Fire Flower

7 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

You need to view two specific scenes with Japanese voice-over: the credits (Edge of Dawn), and the Rhea singing scene following the ball in Chapter 9 (Song of the Nabateans). No specific route is required.

Thank you much!

I will mention that on a few of my playthroughs I got time-locked characters to show up in the Tower list by having enough support to unlock their B support even if it wasn't available to view yet.

Does anyone know if cooking bonuses stack? Like if I cook 3 plus 1 speed meals does that result in plus 1 speed or plus 3 speed? I tried once but I can't remember and I don't want to waste ingredients and activity points if it doesn't stack. Also does cooking a different type overwrite the other or can you mix types of bonuses? 

Just now, sunshinescj said:

Does anyone know if cooking bonuses stack? Like if I cook 3 plus 1 speed meals does that result in plus 1 speed or plus 3 speed? I tried once but I can't remember and I don't want to waste ingredients and activity points if it doesn't stack. Also does cooking a different type overwrite the other or can you mix types of bonuses? 

Yes. I saw omegaevolution do it on his Maddening solo run.

40 minutes ago, sunshinescj said:

You can mix and match too.

One thing that confuses me is the location of the Monastery and how it connects to other places. Or it confused the writers. 

During the Battle of Eagle and Lion several characters say that there isn't a direct route from the Empire to the Monastery. Because of this they travel through the alliance and go to Grondor through the bridge of Myrdin. However on the map the imperial province of Varley is directly below the Monastery. One could argue there aren't any roads from Varley up into the mountain but how else would Edelgard send her armies to invade the Monastery?  

Later in part II Edelgard and co needs to take over the bridge of Myrdin because otherwise they can't march into the Alliance. However according to the earlier dialogue about the trip to Grondor they already know of a path that goes from Gerag mach directly into Alliance territory so why even bother to take the bridge?

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing that confuses me is the location of the Monastery and how it connects to other places. Or it confused the writers. 

During the Battle of Eagle and Lion several characters say that there isn't a direct route from the Empire to the Monastery. Because of this they travel through the alliance and go to Grondor through the bridge of Myrdin. However on the map the imperial province of Varley is directly below the Monastery. One could argue there aren't any roads from Varley up into the mountain but how else would Edelgard send her armies to invade the Monastery?  

Later in part II Edelgard and co needs to take over the bridge of Myrdin because otherwise they can't march into the Alliance. However according to the earlier dialogue about the trip to Grondor they already know of a path that goes from Gerag mach directly into Alliance territory so why even bother to take the bridge?

I thought the implication was that she smuggled in the army by disguising them as merchants, etc, over an extended period of time.  There's that line when you explore the monastery of someone saying "Why are there so many people around the villages here?  Is there a festival I forgot about???"  If they're in disguise of merchants/regular people, they presumably could use the Bridge of Myrddin going through Alliance territory without causing suspicion.

As for part 2, perhaps they army they have at present in the monastery is insufficient and they need to take the bridge to provide an easy way to get reinforcements for a larger army to invade the Alliance.

Edited by Flores Salicis