The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

By the way, for whoever was inquiring about unlockable support levels @DefyingFates

It works for everyone except Rhea and Sothis. Rhea's S-support remains locked even if you select her; Sothis is flat out unpurchaseable.

Which means you must complete Silver Snow twice at minimum, in order to unlock all possible S-supports.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing that confuses me is the location of the Monastery and how it connects to other places. Or it confused the writers. 

During the Battle of Eagle and Lion several characters say that there isn't a direct route from the Empire to the Monastery. Because of this they travel through the alliance and go to Grondor through the bridge of Myrdin. However on the map the imperial province of Varley is directly below the Monastery. One could argue there aren't any roads from Varley up into the mountain but how else would Edelgard send her armies to invade the Monastery?  

Later in part II Edelgard and co needs to take over the bridge of Myrdin because otherwise they can't march into the Alliance. However according to the earlier dialogue about the trip to Grondor they already know of a path that goes from Gerag mach directly into Alliance territory so why even bother to take the bridge?

As mentioned before, Edelgard trickles her army into Garreg Mach over a period of time as travellers. As for the Myrddin thing...well, you said it yourself: they need to capture the Bridge to get into the Alliance because it's the best way into the Alliance. (If you have Ignatz, he explains that it's the widest bridge between the two and thus the only one suitable for moving armies and other large groups around.)

On 11/5/2019 at 12:49 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Thank you much!

I will mention that on a few of my playthroughs I got time-locked characters to show up in the Tower list by having enough support to unlock their B support even if it wasn't available to view yet.

This is by unlocking them with Renown, I assume? That's a really neat touch and I definitely have to try this, thanks!

17 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

By the way, for whoever was inquiring about unlockable support levels @DefyingFates

It works for everyone except Rhea and Sothis. Rhea's S-support remains locked even if you select her; Sothis is flat out unpurchaseable.

Which means you must complete Silver Snow twice at minimum, in order to unlock all possible S-supports.

So you're saying I can't buy Rhea's S Support for one gender after getting it with the other? That seems a weird oversight...is that the case for all bisexual options or just her (and Edelgard, it sounds like)?

In any case, thank you for remembering me!

Edited by DefyingFates

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So you're saying I can't buy Rhea's S Support for one gender after getting it with the other? That seems a weird oversight...is that the case for all bisexual options or just her (and Edelgard, it sounds like)?

In any case, thank you for remembering me!

Just for Rhea. It works for everyone else (including Edelgard; I did that just last night actually).

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Does anyone know why this is? Her being exclusive to one route is the same as the other Lords, right?

I don't know why it's like that tbh, it could be because of her non-presence on part 2, and she is indeed exclusive to one route. This could be just an oversight. To be fair though, unlike all other characters with S rank buyable from the journal, hers offer absolutely no benefit - that could be a potential reason as to why.

16 hours ago, Fire Flower said:

I don't know why it's like that tbh, it could be because of her non-presence on part 2, and she is indeed exclusive to one route. This could be just an oversight. To be fair though, unlike all other characters with S rank buyable from the journal, hers offer absolutely no benefit - that could be a potential reason as to why.

Huh. That makes sense, though it still feels like an oversight. Just to clarify, you can buy Sothis' ending after getting it as one Byleth, right?

On 11/2/2019 at 11:16 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

As far as I'm aware, all the NG+ items are contained to 1 save file, and you have to finish any runs for it to count.

1: If you start a game, get some supports, but restart the file without finishing that run, you won't have those particular supports for purchase.

2: If you have two separate NG+ saves, and start and complete a new run on one of them, the other file won't magically gain what you got on the first one.

There is a trick to purchasing multiple S ranks. If you get enough support points past A rank with someone you can't marry as your current gender, their S rank will be available for purchase as the gender they can marry on your next run (I bought Hubert/Ferdinand/Caspar/Claude/Seteth's S ranks without actually marrying any of them). I believe this doesn't work for the bisexual characters, so Edelgard/Dorothea/Linhardt/Mercedes/Alois/Gilbert/Rhea/Sothis you have to actually marry.

So here's where I am right now, with two "completed game" files:

1. My main file, in which I've completed all four routes.

2. My Maddening file, which is the only time I used Byleth as a Wyvern Lord and built up the Shamir/ Dedue Support.

From everyone's feedback, my understanding is that if I start a new run using my main file, I can't use renown to unlock Wyvern Lord mastery, the Shamir/ Dedue Support or any other Classes/ Weapon Masteries/ Supports I only got in the Maddening run. Is that correct?

Thanks all!

Edit: Did we ever get an answer for whether you can get the new title screen by playing in Maddening Casual? I don't remember hearing anything definitive before...

Edited by DefyingFates

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So here's where I am right now, with two "completed game" files:

1. My main file, in which I've completed all four routes.

2. My Maddening file, which is the only time I used Byleth as a Wyvern Lord and built up the Shamir/ Dedue Support.

From everyone's feedback, my understanding is that if I start a new run using my main file, I can't use renown to unlock Wyvern Lord mastery, the Shamir/ Dedue Support or any other Classes/ Weapon Masteries/ Supports I only got in the Maddening run. Is that correct?

Thanks all!

Edit: Did we ever get an answer for whether you can get the new title screen by playing in Maddening Casual? I don't remember hearing anything definitive before...

If you only unlocked the Wyvern Lord master in your Maddening NG file, and not your main file, then it won't be present in your main file journal. You also can't buy support levels between units, only your own. Anything obtained in the Maddening run that isn't obtained in the main file will not be on your main file.

Maddening NG new title screen can be done on Casual, yes.

55 minutes ago, Fire Flower said:

If you only unlocked the Wyvern Lord master in your Maddening NG file, and not your main file, then it won't be present in your main file journal. You also can't buy support levels between units, only your own. Anything obtained in the Maddening run that isn't obtained in the main file will not be on your main file.

Maddening NG new title screen can be done on Casual, yes.

Thank you very much for all these answers!

...so that means I have to re-earn my m!Byleth/ Dimitri Support and the progress I made in the Shamir/ Catherine Support, that's what you're saying, right? Oh well 😛 Thank you!

Does anyone know what I miss out on by 1 turning Felix’s paralougue? The only way I think I can keep Rodrigue alive is to stride dance Ingrid and get a crit with Luin but that means all the villagers will still be on the map. I really wish green unit behavior accounted for stronger enemies on Maddening, it doesn’t seem to.

2 hours ago, sunshinescj said:

Does anyone know what I miss out on by 1 turning Felix’s paralougue? The only way I think I can keep Rodrigue alive is to stride dance Ingrid and get a crit with Luin but that means all the villagers will still be on the map. I really wish green unit behavior accounted for stronger enemies on Maddening, it doesn’t seem to.

Green units does get properly scaled up for maddening. Paralogue Rodrigue is litteraly the only unit in the game to not recieve any buff, for some ungodly reason.

Anyway, green units are considered "saved" if you finish the map before they leave. So you can get all rewards as long as no one die. The only exception is the Remire incident at chapter 8, as Solon will kill all villagers if you approach him too soon.

Edited by Modirufa6317

1 hour ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Green units does get properly scaled up for maddening. Paralogue Rodrigue is litteraly the only unit in the game to not recieve any buff, for some ungodly reason.

Anyway, green units are considered "saved" if you finish the map before they leave. So you can get all rewards as long as no one die. The only exception is the Remire incident at chapter 8, as Solon will kill all villagers if you approach him too soon.

Considering that he must survive, that has to be a really dumb oversight.

Doesn't that only happen if you haven't saved any of them before Solon reveals himself?

Is it possible for brawlers to use magic, or for mages to learn unarmed? The reason I ask is that since I’ve heard maddening constricts your budget, I would cut down the need for weapon maintenance by rocking an army of mystic monks so I can devote my funds to bigger things. 

Only problem is I’m worried that Nintendo foresaw this and nipped it somehow. 

47 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Is it possible for brawlers to use magic, or for mages to learn unarmed? The reason I ask is that since I’ve heard maddening constricts your budget, I would cut down the need for weapon maintenance by rocking an army of mystic monks so I can devote my funds to bigger things. 

Only problem is I’m worried that Nintendo foresaw this and nipped it somehow. 

In a word: No. 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I've played this a million times and i'm still missing two music options
where are they?! (what are they?)

I've seen people saying they're missing exactly two songs before. Perhaps this is your answer?:

On 11/4/2019 at 11:51 PM, Fire Flower said:

You need to view two specific scenes with Japanese voice-over: the credits (Edge of Dawn), and the Rhea singing scene following the ball in Chapter 9 (Song of the Nabateans). No specific route is required.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Does anybody know what causes the eastern and western merchants to appear? I assumed it was at the start of a certain chapter, but here I am with them only appearing in the middle of the month for chapter 5. My Byleth just hit level 15. I can't think of any other trigger I may have just hit.