The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

man. i really hope as a surprise. they throw in another infantry lance class. 
I love fliers and cavs etc, but it really just hit me on this one map.... i really don't have any infantry lances (and even just "dismounting") isn't the same coz i know they have a horse hiding somewhere. lol

anyhoo. i'm basically doing a hard run on AM -
If i recruit petra (basically so i don't have to deal with her annoying alert stance+ self later). where does she really fit in. it is crazy how in all of myplaythroughs she's the one unit who ultimately gets benched because i can't really find her niche. 

Yeah, the more I think about it the more the lack of infantry lance sticks out to me. I mean, the Mortal Savant is terrible, but at least it exists for sword users...

And regarding Petra, have you built any dodge tanks of your own? It could be nice to turn the tables on the Empire, right?

As for my own question, does anyone know where I can find the months each Chapter takes place in? The FE wiki doesn't have this and I get that it's because this is such a niche thing to ask for, but I like this kind of detail hunting also my brain hurts trying to figure out how Silver Snow ends in the same month as VW and AM despite being one Chapter shorter.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, the more I think about it the more the lack of infantry lance sticks out to me. I mean, the Mortal Savant is terrible, but at least it exists for sword users...

And regarding Petra, have you built any dodge tanks of your own? It could be nice to turn the tables on the Empire, right?

As for my own question, does anyone know where I can find the months each Chapter takes place in? The FE wiki doesn't have this and I get that it's because this is such a niche thing to ask for, but I like this kind of detail hunting also my brain hurts trying to figure out how Silver Snow ends in the same month as VW and AM despite being one Chapter shorter.

Thanks in advance!

it's going to be Ferdie.  I'm training him to be a swordmaster this run, and he already has alert stance. (I'm also belatedly) training felix to learn flying for it too unless i can find it on a travelling visitor.

and I agree. Mortal Savant is Terrible (unless you are marianne and then strangely (like everything else you put marianne in )she's A: adorable, and B: insanely scary in it. but the fact the only other infantry option is Dimitri's personal classes it's like.. did Infantry Lance do something to IntSys or something? 

Silver Snow (I thought) had the same chapter length. 22. (it's CF that's shorter). 
I can't find it but i'll try to take note. (for example Battle of the Eagle and Lion takes month in Wyvern Moon (Month 10). AM/SS/VW has two Blue Sea Moons (but the gronder field redux i think is before that). 

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Silver Snow (I thought) had the same chapter length. 22. (it's CF that's shorter). 

Silver Snow is 21 chapters because it misses the Gronder rematch. Thank you for looking out for it though!

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Mortal Savant is Terrible (unless you are marianne and then strangely (like everything else you put marianne in )she's A: adorable, and B: insanely scary in it.

Huh, TIL. Is she really that effective as a Mortal Savant?

50 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Silver Snow is 21 chapters because it misses the Gronder rematch. Thank you for looking out for it though!

Huh, TIL. Is she really that effective as a Mortal Savant?

this just tells you how much i pay attention in Black eagles. so it's either 22, (VW) 22(AM), 18 (CF) or 21 (SS). cool. 

yeah. to be fair, i had her just have her magic (not levin sword or her sword), but i had her w/vantage and what not and she was fast enough to dodge a lot of hits, and then smashed people with thoron. I've had so far.

Holy Knight Marianne (BORING)
Gremory Marianne. 
Mortal Savant Marianne
Dancer Marianne
Falcon Knight Marianne
Swordmaster Marianne. 

Dancer Marianne was great because she could physic or dance, and be left alone and I never had to worry about her. just perfection. 
Holy Knight i did only because i figured it would be cool, until you realise it's not. I didn't think to give her Dark Knight (at the time), so i switched her to gremory. Double Spells, always fun (and she was basically a tank. i used her as seige tome bait, and the "clink. clink." is such a glorious sound.

I did Mortal Savant Marianne because my friend wanted to know if she'd be good at it. (answer yes) but it's such an awkward class. I really don't like it. 

my last CF run I did Falcon Knight Marianne and she was just grade a fantastic. (i did sword master for the maps i didn't want fliers). she's nto as great at it like Ingrid is (simply beacuse her strength growth never gets that high and Ingrid just got faster than she did. but ti was again the res. javelin + retribution and pop her in front of magic and it's like hello. have fun. I'm doing my AM run with her potentially being physical. but i might switch to a magic base. I'd go dancer, but I want to see how Flayn does in it this time ). 

i truly find Marianne one of those units while it takes a while for her to get going if you wanna go outside the box, she's great in every box you want to put her in. 
(I am stupidly excited for some of the new classes because i feel she'll 100 percent shine in those too). 

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah! I think

Hide contents

Trickster and possibly Dark Flier

would be perfect for her!

exactly! Ingrid too. and I also think Dorothea might get the benefit it as well (well for me). I know Dorothea is the "canon dancer" in the game and I used her but it is so weird that she and Petra for me really fell off the mark for me. i thought i NEEDED them, and what i really needed was Linhardt and Ferdie. (i never expected that in a zillion years!)

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Mortal Savant is Terrible (unless you are marianne and then strangely (like everything else you put marianne in )she's A: adorable, and B: insanely scary in it.

I would sooner say it's terrible, period. Hybrid classes combining magic and weapons as of late have mostly just sucked, with the exception of Robin and Corrin's personal classes. And Priestess in SoV, if you count that.

51 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would sooner say it's terrible, period. Hybrid classes combining magic and weapons as of late have mostly just sucked, with the exception of Robin and Corrin's personal classes. And Priestess in SoV, if you count that.

yeah..i mean you generally just end up using one of the things anyway. like i made Felix a Mortal Savant and i am like does he use magic, or swords? and if he's using swords why not just keep him as swordmaster? (this was before i discovered he was actually strong w/bows, and now he's always just a sniper w/a rapier lol)

Quick question. Does anyone know if Ingrid will reclass to paladin in chapter 13 if she is in pegasus knight in chapter 12? I have both classes unlocked right now and have been switching between them. I know characters will automatically reclass in to an advanced class post skip if they haven’t unlocked one but since she has will she stay in pegasus knight if I put her in it in chapter 12?

1 hour ago, sunshinescj said:

Quick question. Does anyone know if Ingrid will reclass to paladin in chapter 13 if she is in pegasus knight in chapter 12? I have both classes unlocked right now and have been switching between them. I know characters will automatically reclass in to an advanced class post skip if they haven’t unlocked one but since she has will she stay in pegasus knight if I put her in it in chapter 12?

she'll be in the class you had her in at chapter12.

11 hours ago, daisy jane said:

yeah..i mean you generally just end up using one of the things anyway. like i made Felix a Mortal Savant and i am like does he use magic, or swords? and if he's using swords why not just keep him as swordmaster? (this was before i discovered he was actually strong w/bows, and now he's always just a sniper w/a rapier lol)

Swordmaster would be a good class to stay in, if it weren't for the fact that it's 5 move. Assassin is better because it's more mobile, and Mortal Savant also has that extra point of move (and I guess magic is a thing lmao). Not to mention, Felix also has strengths for Grappler/War Master path, which I'd argue is his absolute best option as an infantry class, as not only is it as mobile as Assassin, it offers even more crit than sword crit+10. Sniper/Bow Knight path as you said is pretty great as well.

Really though, Felix works well in any physical class due to his strengths; I would argue his canon Swordmaster is the least useful of the bunch, but it is by no means bad.

I'm trying to go down the Crimson Flower route. I've gotten a C+ support with Edelgard, in fact it even says I need to wait to get another support with her, and I viewed the scene where she becomes Emperor, yet the option to join her and go down the Crimson Flower route just hasn't appeared during the Holy Tomb cutscene. I'm kind of pissed to be honest. Are there any other reuiqrements? Will I have to do the entire part 1, again just to get this rather short route? Can I at least start New Game+ from here, or will I have to finish the church route to retain all the weapon levels/renown etc that I've gained by playing like ten hours of part 1?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'm trying to go down the Crimson Flower route. I've gotten a C+ support with Edelgard, in fact it even says I need to wait to get another support with her, and I viewed the scene where she becomes Emperor, yet the option to join her and go down the Crimson Flower route just hasn't appeared during the Holy Tomb cutscene. I'm kind of pissed to be honest. Are there any other reuiqrements? Will I have to do the entire part 1, again just to get this rather short route? Can I at least start New Game+ from here, or will I have to finish the church route to retain all the weapon levels/renown etc that I've gained by playing like ten hours of part 1?

You have to have talked with Edelgard during an explore session before the fight and went with her beforehand, iirc. Doing so will give you a prompt that "This decision will drastically change the story". Do you have any files from before this?

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm trying to go down the Crimson Flower route. I've gotten a C+ support with Edelgard, in fact it even says I need to wait to get another support with her, and I viewed the scene where she becomes Emperor, yet the option to join her and go down the Crimson Flower route just hasn't appeared during the Holy Tomb cutscene. I'm kind of pissed to be honest. Are there any other reuiqrements? Will I have to do the entire part 1, again just to get this rather short route?

Odd, there shouldn't be any other requirements. I never explored the monastery except the handful of early times I was forced to, and the one time that was needed to go with Edel during Chapter 11 pre-tomb fight. During those mandatory explores, I did the bare minimum and ended them all prematurely. I had no supports established except the Edel C+ either, none between any pairings. And yet after Chapter 11's story battle was over, I still got the choice to side with her. -Although I did Stride+Warp to 1-turn this clash. I'm not on NG+ either.

If I could get it with such extremely minimal interactions, I don't know what else could be necessary.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Just to clarify, the final choice comes up AFTER the battle at the holy tomb, not before it begins.

Just mentionning it, as I saw several players getting confused by it.

4 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Just to clarify, the final choice comes up AFTER the battle at the holy tomb, not before it begins.

Just mentionning it, as I saw several players getting confused by it.

Ohhhh, Wow. That's a relief. I was assuming it came before hand. Great.

56 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is that the one with Jeritza? (Also, which part is it in?)

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Pray tell, what is is about?

someone gives you a quest that you have to do the tournaments. 
The very first unit is an armoured unit. 

my Byleth can do like 1 damage against it. lol

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

someone gives you a quest that you have to do the tournaments. 
The very first unit is an armoured unit. 

my Byleth can do like 1 damage against it. lol

That's a paid quest I assume? Sounds horrifying xD Glad to know Byleth can enter one at least 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a paid quest I assume? Sounds horrifying xD Glad to know Byleth can enter one at least 😛

I think so? it's a "blue" one. 
it says you have to be level 20 to start, and i am like apparently take steroids because my byleth is pretty good where she is, and she can't even do anything against that armoured chick. 

just editing to add - i finally did it. 
i needed to get Death Blow on Byleth and change her to Thief lol it was tricky near the end. 

Edited by daisy jane

10 hours ago, daisy jane said:

just editing to add - i finally did it. 

i needed to get Death Blow on Byleth and change her to Thief lol it was tricky near the end. 

So, what is the maid batalion like? I believe this is the only thing left from the DLC we don't know anything about.

Edited by Modirufa6317