The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

they're okay. One is defensive, one is somewhat offensive, and  can't remember what the other one is like. 

Thank you very much! I didn't know there would be three though, huh. Is there a Butler Battalion(s) too?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, DefyingFates said:

Thank you very much! I feel bad about asking now...

they are all maids. one of them runs in with swords, one rallys with swords, and I can't remember what the other one does LOL. so no butlers. 

14 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Based on the recent patterns, when are we likely gonna have leaks for Wave 4?

The last leak was in a Famitsu article I believe, which is a monthly magazine that comes out near the end of the month, around the 22nd IIRC. That said, Wave 4 isn't coming for a long time yet (even accounting for the other Waves releasing early, which would place it in March) so we may not get any articles on it until February at the earliest. But I'm happy to be wrong!

49 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

they are all maids. one of them runs in with swords, one rallys with swords, and I can't remember what the other one does LOL. so no butlers. 

Huh, so fake advertising? Thanks!

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

The last leak was in a Famitsu article I believe, which is a monthly magazine that comes out near the end of the month, around the 22nd IIRC. That said, Wave 4 isn't coming for a long time yet (even accounting for the other Waves releasing early, which would place it in March) so we may not get any articles on it until February at the earliest. But I'm happy to be wrong!

Huh, so fake advertising? Thanks!

maybe they are sprinkled in? 
LOL i triple check now for you. I just didn't notice a Butler. 

@DefyingFates-the Nuvelle Chamberlain battalion (has 3 uses, gives strength +4) - has our butlers with swords!!

Edited by daisy jane

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question, but here goes.:

I intend eventually to do a Silver Snow playthrough on Classic Hard no NG+, which will come after I do a BL playthrough to have experienced all the houses.

Now, I have not done any cross-house recruiting so far in 3H (except for CF Lysithea who begged for mercy with literally zero effort on my end). But since I don't want to use the Shadowhawks again, I was thinking of using all the Church members for SS instead, filling in the remaining empty spaces with whoever to reach 12 units. (If I hold off until March/April, maaaybe I'll fill the team in with the new characters.) This makes sense for the route I would guess.

I'm aware every route but CF shares the same Chapter 13. And I know it'll feature the BE units I'm not so interested in training since I've already played with them once. But not being okay with letting them get offed, I'm basically asking how much I should train them. I know to leave those two less trained, but being a person who like convenience, I'll likely use them to some extent anyhow for short-term benefit if I have the unit space.

As a second concern, how would I go about recruiting my Church army?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question, but here goes.:

I intend eventually to do a Silver Snow playthrough on Classic Hard no NG+, which will come after I do a BL playthrough to have experienced all the houses.

Now, I have not done any cross-house recruiting so far in 3H (except for CF Lysithea who begged for mercy with literally zero effort on my end). But since I don't want to use the Shadowhawks again, I was thinking of using all the Church members for SS instead, filling in the remaining empty spaces with whoever to reach 12 units. (If I hold off until March/April, maaaybe I'll fill the team in with the new characters.) This makes sense for the route I would guess.

I'm aware every route but CF shares the same Chapter 13. And I know it'll feature the BE units I'm not so interested in training since I've already played with them once. But not being okay with letting them get offed, I'm basically asking how much I should train them. I know to leave those two less trained, but being a person who like convenience, I'll likely use them to some extent anyhow for short-term benefit if I have the unit space.

As a second concern, how would I go about recruiting my Church army?

Well, the students spawning in the top right have walls around them, so they're completely safe. You could just leave them there if you want to and clear the map without them dying. i don't think any enemies will move towards the bottom left. The other BE students are in the top left and in some danger if you don't clear out the beginning enemies early on. If you want to train as few students as possible, you could probably just send Seteth up there to body-block. You don't have to train any of the students on Hard if you're fine with the map taking longer, although you may want a Physic user. I recommend making sure Dorothea has it. 

For your units, if you want to strictly use Church characters, recruit Shamir, Hanneman, and Manuela once you reach the level requirements. I think you have to manually recruit Alois in Chapter 11 or 12. Seteth, Flayn, Cyril, and Catherine will auto-join at different points. So with Byleth, that's 10 units in total. You could fill the gap with the DLC characters when they come out or use one Black Eagle and Anna. 

Does anyone know how to go about getting the stuff from the thieves in Claude's paralogue? Because the Phantom Soldiers pretty much always manage to take one of them out (usually one of the ones with something worth taking for myself) and worse, most of the time one of them goes and gets into The Wind Caller's range, which summons reinforcements.

Does anyone know what the requirements are for a character to run a seminar? Or even that characters can fail to run seminars at all?

I wanted to read Hubert and Bernadetta's blurbs, but because I'm not building them in Bow/Reason and Lance/Bow, the option for them to run a seminar doesn't even show up. I tried using Renown to give them C Reason and C Bow and stuck some bench fodder with Bow/Reason goals, and still Hubert couldn't pull it off.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

Does anyone know what the requirements are for a character to run a seminar? Or even that characters can fail to run seminars at all?

I wanted to read Hubert and Bernadetta's blurbs, but because I'm not building them in Bow/Reason and Lance/Bow, the option for them to run a seminar doesn't even show up. I tried using Renown to give them C Reason and C Bow and stuck some bench fodder with Bow/Reason goals, and still Hubert couldn't pull it off.

Their goals don't matter. I believe that they just need to have a higher skill than Byleth in whatever it is they're teaching to be able to do seminar. If Byleth has higher bow and reason skill than Hubert then that's probably why

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Their goals don't matter. I believe that they just need to have a higher skill than Byleth in whatever it is they're teaching to be able to do seminar. If Byleth has higher bow and reason skill than Hubert then that's probably why

...Are you thinking of Advanced Tutoring in Explore? I'm thinking of the Seminar option. Being too low in comparison to Byleth shouldn't have mattered to Hubert, since my Byleth had E+ Bows and E Reason. (Her Lances would've given Bernie pause).

I successfully got seminars from them with randomly filled participants by using Renown to push them to B main/C sub (D sub on Hubert, I haven't pushed his bows to C before).

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

...Are you thinking of Advanced Tutoring in Explore? I'm thinking of the Seminar option. Being too low in comparison to Byleth shouldn't have mattered to Hubert, since my Byleth had E+ Bows and E Reason. (Her Lances would've given Bernie pause).

I successfully got seminars from them with randomly filled participants by using Renown to push them to B main/C sub (D sub on Hubert, I haven't pushed his bows to C before).

...yeah. I was thinking of tutoring when exploring the monastery. Weird, I don't think I've had issues with them not showing up before in seminar but then again I rarely use it so maybe I just never noticed.

Slither's Crest experiments. We know the survivors (Edelgard and Lysithea) had their hair bleached white as a side-effect. We also know Edelgard's natural hair color is light brown. Have they revealed Lysithea's natural hair color?

Hoping I haven't asked before and forgotten.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Does anyone know how to go about getting the stuff from the thieves in Claude's paralogue? Because the Phantom Soldiers pretty much always manage to take one of them out (usually one of the ones with something worth taking for myself) and worse, most of the time one of them goes and gets into The Wind Caller's range, which summons reinforcements.

Use Stride on fliers; Bolting / Meteor; maybe a few Gambits to lock the red units down for a turn. It didn't seem terribly difficult when I did it for the first time.

20 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Slither's Crest experiments. We know the survivors (Edelgard and Lysithea) had their hair bleached white as a side-effect. We also know Edelgard's natural hair color is light brown. Have they revealed Lysithea's natural hair color?

Hoping I haven't asked before and forgotten.

I do not think so.

When it comes to group tasks, are strengths and weaknesses a case of gameplay and story segregation (ergo, someone with a strength in Riding might not necessarily be good at stable duty)? Also, regarding Dimitri's Crest, can it activate when, say, using Tempest Lance (which uses 5 durability) with an Iron Lance with 8 uses left?

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

When it comes to group tasks, are strengths and weaknesses a case of gameplay and story segregation (ergo, someone with a strength in Riding might not necessarily be good at stable duty)?

I always thought it's about the kind of work a character enjoys or dislikes. Kind of a flavour thing.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Can a character with bolting or meteor equipped provide a linked attack boost to everything in their range? The answer is probably no for balance reasons, but I haven't seen a restriction on this yet so I'm curious.

Yeah, they can. 

On 12/17/2019 at 3:55 AM, Shadow Mir said:

When it comes to group tasks, are strengths and weaknesses a case of gameplay and story segregation (ergo, someone with a strength in Riding might not necessarily be good at stable duty)? Also, regarding Dimitri's Crest, can it activate when, say, using Tempest Lance (which uses 5 durability) with an Iron Lance with 8 uses left?

I don't know if I understood the first question right but Hubert for example has riding at neutral but dislikes stable duty, on the top of my head I don't really remember but I think a lot of characters are like this. group task are mostly based on the unit's personality

regarding the second question, I cannot give you any certainty but I believe that yes, the crest can still activate, as I seem to recall one time where Dimitri fucked up a lance by activating his crest. do not quote me on this though, might be just my hazy memory.

3 hours ago, AxelVDP said:

I don't know if I understood the first question right but Hubert for example has riding at neutral but dislikes stable duty, on the top of my head I don't really remember but I think a lot of characters are like this. group task are mostly based on the unit's personality

regarding the second question, I cannot give you any certainty but I believe that yes, the crest can still activate, as I seem to recall one time where Dimitri fucked up a lance by activating his crest. do not quote me on this though, might be just my hazy memory.

Makes sense. Which makes me think about how does strength or weakness in a skill modify the skill experience gain with regard to liking or disliking a group task. Or does liking or disliking a group task only have an effect on the chance of the results?

I thought that might have been the case.

EDIT: Does anyone know the stats for the battalion you get from Anna and Jeritza's paralogue?

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Makes sense. Which makes me think about how does strength or weakness in a skill modify the skill experience gain with regard to liking or disliking a group task. Or does liking or disliking a group task only have an effect on the chance of the results?

I thought that might have been the case.

I'm pretty sure that you get extra skill points if you have a strength there

not that it matters since group task give very little exp anyway, they are better used to build supports rather than actually levelling skills