The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Playing some Golden Deer Maddening and trying to figure out who to make my dancer. Should I go for Marianne?

Also, I've shelved Raphael after him getting almost only an increase in two skills per level up, and it was rarely in Strength. Hilda is also RNG screwed but Leonie is super blessed and Ingrid is doing well in everything but her attack.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Playing some Golden Deer Maddening and trying to figure out who to make my dancer. Should I go for Marianne?

Also, I've shelved Raphael after him getting almost only an increase in two skills per level up, and it was rarely in Strength. Hilda is also RNG screwed but Leonie is super blessed and Ingrid is doing well in everything but her attack.

If Raphael has enough Cha, how about turning him into a dancer? Marianne can still go the healer/Mage classline and benefits from having Physic x 2 when Bishop. She is still a good option afaik though.

Also, if all else fails, Flayn is usually a pretty good Dancer.

Ok, just for a question regarding one thing, where does the game mention the fire emblem?

Now I've only beaten one route which was the golden deer and I'm still playing black eagles. So I'm just curious where in the story the emblem has been mentioned as maybe I didn't quite get it.

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I feel the opposite of some here; they're decent to good early (not right at the start, but once you start to gain str) then fall off later as their niche (striking twice) gets filled by brave weapons and brave combat arts. Additionally, the further you get in the game the more mounted classes take over as dominant options (first it's just female fliers and cavaliers, then wyverns join the fray, and finally your archers) which cut off gauntlets from use.

grappler and assassin are the two most mobile non mounted classes, they both have 6mov and ingnore forests mov penalties, so on a lot of maps they actually have better (or at least comparable) mobility than cavalry classes, also guantlets scale way better with offensive skills, which you don't have in the early game

though you are not wrong in saying that in the lategame other options are "better" (I would not say strictly better but more versatile), most grapplers end up being sort of glass cannon nukes

Is it always true that the Skills the Students and Faculty auto-levels with is the same as their seminars? Lysithea's seminar is Reason and Faith but she seems to Auto-Level Reason and Authority.

Edit: I have a reply at Reddit with this comment. Can anyone verify the part where Ferdinand auto-levels Lances and Axes? screenshots are welcome

Edited by Jayvee94

58 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ok, just for a question regarding one thing, where does the game mention the fire emblem?

Now I've only beaten one route which was the golden deer and I'm still playing black eagles. So I'm just curious where in the story the emblem has been mentioned as maybe I didn't quite get it.

Take a seat because this may blow your mind. 

Ready?

The fire emblem is the crest of flames.

16 minutes ago, Harvey said:

How so? Its not mentioned that it is the emblem in the route that I've beaten atleast.

Fire = flames, emblem = crest.

Also, at least in spanish I can tell you that it's literally called fire emblem, well, emblema de fuego, since it's in spanish.

Edited by Sbuscoz

2 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

"Crest" and "emblem" are almost synonyms. As, even more obviously, are "fire" and "flames".

So yes, they're the same.

When I looked it up, crest and emblems are different. So I can't understand how that can be the point of Fire Emlem...but I got the answer so I can't complain I guess.

I'm confused abou what exactly IS Cindered Shadows all about. Is it some missions that change the story in an existing route ? Is it a whole new version of Part 1 ? Is it a reimagining of the game's plot ? I'm so confused.

1 hour ago, EduSubGamer said:

I'm confused abou what exactly IS Cindered Shadows all about. Is it some missions that change the story in an existing route ? Is it a whole new version of Part 1 ? Is it a reimagining of the game's plot ? I'm so confused.

From what we currently know, Cindered Shadows seems to be a seperate side story that you can access from the main menu, it will give you a pre generated Byleth along with some other units.

If you're fine with some spoilers (They're only gameplay spoilers, no story spoilers.) about it there is much clearer information here:

https://serenesforest.net/2020/02/07/three-houses-wave-4-dlc-classes-officially-revealed/

here:

https://serenesforest.net/2020/01/17/three-houses-nintendo-japan-sheds-tiny-bit-light-cindered-shadows-side-story/

and here:

https://serenesforest.net/2020/01/20/three-houses-confirmed-students-cindered-shadows-new-official-artwork/

Edited by Geenoble

Previously, we are able to determine the unit's canon classes by finding out which classes match their noble/commoner/monastery outfits.

After the update, the faculty seems to change to the generic outfits.

Have we lost the ability to determine their canon classes?

12 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Previously, we are able to determine the unit's canon classes by finding out which classes match their noble/commoner/monastery outfits.

After the update, the faculty seems to change to the generic outfits.

Have we lost the ability to determine their canon classes?

Canon Classes should probably be whatever class they level up into when you haven't recruited them, or what they show up as in the war phase.

22 hours ago, Marros said:

Canon Classes should probably be whatever class they level up into when you haven't recruited them, or what they show up as in the war phase.

That would present a problem for units who would never appear during the War. @DeathChaos25 has figured out the code to the new DLC characters Canon Classes (aka the one's with unique post-timeskip outfit), do we have a text dump to determine that?

PS. I'm planning to return the Best Classes Poll for the new Characters. If the Underground Seals are limited, I may have a Best units for each new class instead. Would you rather have a Best Class for Each New Unit or a Best Unit for Each New Class?

Edited by Jayvee94

So I'm in the black eagles route and like golden deer route, are there any specific characters that have side quests in them? So far 

Spoiler

I only got Dorothea and Ingrid Sidequest but that's only because I recruited Ingrid.

And please avoid spoiling anything if possible.

Technically every character has a sidequest associated with them. And the ones that appear in Part 1 only require that you have one of the two associated characters.

Spoiler

In Part 2, Linhardt and Leonie have one, and Petra and Bernadetta have one. I don't know if you're planning to go CF or SS, so I'll list both:

For CF, Edelgard has one, Hubert has one, and Jeritza and Anna have one.

For SS, Ferdinand and Lysithea have one, and Caspar and Mercedes have one. Technically any route other than CF can access those two, but anyway.

So, does anyone here know how important the dancer’s position when they come to Ch. 13 in maddening as a reinforcement is in terms of choosing one? On Azure Moon and Silver Snow, that is.

I was thinking about making Ashe the dancer on Azure Moon and Dorothea the dancer on Silver Snow, as they are part of the first wave of reinforcements.

I have a quick paralogue question. I am doing a GD runthrough this time and have found something very odd - I have Felix's paralogue, Sylvain's paralogue, Ingrid & Dorothea's paralogue, Hanneman & Manuela's paralogue, but....not Marianne. How are paralogues assigned? Just trying to figure out why I am getting recruited characters paralogues first instead of my original characters. 

17 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I have a quick paralogue question. I am doing a GD runthrough this time and have found something very odd - I have Felix's paralogue, Sylvain's paralogue, Ingrid & Dorothea's paralogue, Hanneman & Manuela's paralogue, but....not Marianne. How are paralogues assigned? Just trying to figure out why I am getting recruited characters paralogues first instead of my original characters. 

Some paralogues are post timeskip. Like Marianne's

As someone who's only played Casual, how does the scene viewer handle character deaths? Does it assume what you've done on your most recent playthrough of that path? Does it assume everyone is alive? What about mentions of deaths from an enemy that you've recruited (I know on CF after defending Garreg Mach, Hubert will specifically mention Alois' death, but I always recruited him)?

4 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

So, does anyone here know how important the dancer’s position when they come to Ch. 13 in maddening as a reinforcement is in terms of choosing one? On Azure Moon and Silver Snow, that is.

I was thinking about making Ashe the dancer on Azure Moon and Dorothea the dancer on Silver Snow, as they are part of the first wave of reinforcements.

It really isn't important. I've played all chapter 13's without a dancer at all and it's fine. I'd actually argue that having your dancer among your first wave might actually be a disadvantage as you will need to keep them alive among pass assassins and silver bow snipers that will both one round them. If you've optimised for a dodge build (Sword avoid, sword prowess, evasion ring and jeralt's mercs) it should be fine and might actually help the team stay alive. But in general it's really not necessary and can backfire, so if you have other plans for those units and would rather your dancer be someone else then do that.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:13 AM, Thane said:

Marianne makes a good dancer in general, particularly because she can get +1 move from cavalry rank more easily then most. The reason not to do it would be if she's your primary healer, and you didn't recruit another dedicated healer. You want your dancer to be dancing every turn. You want to avoid a situation where you have to make a choice between healing to save someone and dancing. If you recruited Mercedes, or maybe Dorothea/Linhardt you should be good.