The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

4 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I have a quick paralogue question. I am doing a GD runthrough this time and have found something very odd - I have Felix's paralogue, Sylvain's paralogue, Ingrid & Dorothea's paralogue, Hanneman & Manuela's paralogue, but....not Marianne. How are paralogues assigned? Just trying to figure out why I am getting recruited characters paralogues first instead of my original characters. 

Like stated, some paralogues are only available post-timeskip - the only pre-timeskip paralogue that carries over into part 2 is Hilda and Cyril's (more due to Silver Snow than anything else). Aside from that, the lords, Hubert, Linhardt and Leonie, Marianne, Petra and Bernadetta, Ferdinand and Lysithea, and Caspar and Mercedes all have paralogues after the time skip; however, the latter two are unavailable in Crimson Flower, and Linhardt and Leonie's paralogue can potentially close in Crimson Flower.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like stated, some paralogues are only available post-timeskip - the only pre-timeskip paralogue that carries over into part 2 is Hilda and Cyril's (more due to Silver Snow than anything else). Aside from that, the lords, Hubert, Linhardt and Leonie, Marianne, Petra and Bernadetta, Ferdinand and Lysithea, and Caspar and Mercedes all have paralogues after the time skip; however, the latter two are unavailable in Crimson Flower, and Linhardt and Leonie's paralogue can potentially close in Crimson Flower.

Also Anna/Jeritza (CF), Annette/Gilbert (AM), and the Rhealogue (non-CF) are post-skip exclusive.

40 minutes ago, Quillmonger said:

Who is the Emperor from Loog's time, when he rebelled? 

I don't think we got a name. Obviously it would be an ancestor of Edelgard, but I think the only emperors we get the names of are Wilhelm (the first one, who fought alongside Seiros), Ionius IX (Edelgard's dad), and Edelgard herself.

18 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I don't think we got a name. Obviously it would be an ancestor of Edelgard, but I think the only emperors we get the names of are Wilhelm (the first one, who fought alongside Seiros), Ionius IX (Edelgard's dad), and Edelgard herself.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll just make something up that seems to be in line with naming conventions. I was just trying to make sure I didn't cross canon. 

45 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

Since I can't find this anywhere just yet, does anybody know how long Cindered Shadows is in terms of chapters?

Famitsu gave a length in playtime, but that's not really particularly helpful to me.

If my source is correct...

Spoiler

It is 7 chapters long.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you change the language of the game once you've already started it? If in the middle of my run I wanted to change the language to English, would changing the language of the console change the language of Three Houses to English as well? Or am I stuck with the language I've started the game with?

33 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you change the language of the game once you've already started it? If in the middle of my run I wanted to change the language to English, would changing the language of the console change the language of Three Houses to English as well? Or am I stuck with the language I've started the game with?

It'll work just fine. I briefly changed the language to Japanese to get the 2 song unlocks, and it went to Japanese and back to English perfectly.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Can any of the Ashen Wolves be chosen for the dance competition?

Yes. 

I’m starting a new game with Female Byleth and doing Azure Moon, what are some good tips I should know. I just finished Cindered Shadows and recruited the Ashen Wolves. I also have  the Chalice of Blood and DLC items. Not sure on my remaining lineup though.

Ok so I got a question about the black eagle route.

Spoiler

I came across two points where I had two choices which changed the story I think. One was whether to go with Edlegard or not and the other was to kill her or not. Being that I chose to go with her and not kill her, I assume I got the crimson flower route because of that choice. So if at all there is another part that requires a different choice to make, which choice would I have to do for the different part to take place? Also, in this part, there were no cutscenes that occured so does the other choice have cutscenes? By cutscenes, I mean't the ones that were semi hand animated like the early ones?

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ok so I got a question about the black eagle route.

Hide contents

I came across two points where I had two choices which changed the story I think. One was whether to go with Edlegard or not and the other was to kill her or not. Being that I chose to go with her and not kill her, I assume I got the crimson flower route because of that choice. So if at all there is another part that requires a different choice to make, which choice would I have to do for the different part to take place? Also, in this part, there were no cutscenes that occured so does the other choice have cutscenes? By cutscenes, I mean't the ones that were semi hand animated like the early ones?

The Black Eagles route is the only one to have a major decision like that that changes what route you get. The other two routes have some minor changes, in AM for example depending on your choices you may lose a unit to story related reasons. Every route apart from CF has cutscenes. 

In order to get Silver Snow, simply follow Rhea's orders to try and kill Edelgard.

3 hours ago, Harvey said:
  Hide contents

What about the one that gives me a choice of whether I should go with her or not?

To be a bit specific, to go Edelgard's route you must, in this order:

1: Get up to C+ support with Edelgard.

2: Go with Edelgard when she asks you to.

3: Protect Edelgard instead of killing her.

All of it is required for her route. Skip any one step, and you're locked into Rhea's route. Skip an earlier step, and the later ones won't even appear.

1 hour ago, Sid Starkiller said:

All of it is required for her route. Skip any one step, and you're locked into Rhea's route. Skip an earlier step, and the later ones won't even appear.

man...why'd you have to spoil that part? Oh well, i guess it was obvious since I already did the Edlegard route like you mentioned...

Since this is a question topic..one thing got into me. Is it apparent that many of the maps are repeated until it comes to near end of each route? So far from the two routes that I've played, many of the map layouts are repeated.

Edited by Harvey

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

man...why'd you have to spoil that part? Oh well, i guess it was obvious since I already did the Edlegard route like you mentioned...

Since this is a question topic..one thing got into me. Is it apparent that many of the maps are repeated until it comes to near end of each route? So far from the two routes that I've played, many of the map layouts are repeated.

Most maps are repeated, or used on multiple routes. The only ones I can think of that aren't shared between routes; or used in paralogues, quests, or aux battles, are:

Spoiler

CF17 (Tailtean Plains), and VW22 (I forget where this one happens)

If you count White Clouds as "one route", you can add to that:

Spoiler

Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 4 (Holy Mausoleum), Chapter 6 (Warp Basement), and Chapter 8 (Remire Village)

Not sure of any others. I don't believe any paralogues have fully-unique maps; even

Spoiler

Leonie/Linhardt, and Claude

are also used for auxilliary battles.