The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

To the list of unique maps, I would definitely add

Spoiler

Azure Moon Chapter 18 and Crimson Flower Chapter 18. Yes, they're the same city, but the fire and destroyed walls make the actual terrain of the maps play, not to mention feel, completely different from each other.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was maddening always supposed to limit the amount of dlc items you can get from the convoy box thing? Asking for a friend because the game wasnt letting him yet I remember a while back testing early into its release I was able to pick all that was available up.

9 hours ago, Kanethedragon said:

Was maddening always supposed to limit the amount of dlc items you can get from the convoy box thing? Asking for a friend because the game wasnt letting him yet I remember a while back testing early into its release I was able to pick all that was available up.

I was able to get the DLC items just fine in Maddening NG+. Did your friend, ah, actually purchase the DLC?

Question regarding Support Variations:

Is there any way to see what all variations a support can have outside of the different routes? For example, Ferdinand can drink coffee instead of tea with his support with Edelgard, or Marianne referencing Sylvain's support about the importance of smiling. // A list of all these variations would also be appreciated (including lines changed due to updates, like Bernie's chair line or Felix referencing Annette dancing).

I mostly ask because I could've swore in Ingrid's and Sylvain's A+ support, Ingrid implied she was trying out makeup for Sylvain. I don't know if I had a faulty memory or if that is just how I interpreted the lines the first time I saw them.

16 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I was able to get the DLC items just fine in Maddening NG+. Did your friend, ah, actually purchase the DLC?

He did. Odd. Could be a new bug maybe with the update. I’ll have to try again when I get around to my maddening GD playthrough.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, Dylan Corona said:

Hey, so I made it to the timeskip, and I'm trying to marry Hapi, but I can't get passed B rank. It gives that "in time" thing that happens sometime. So, I'm guessing its locked till a point. Can anyone tell me when it unlocks so I don't miss it? Thanks!

I think I got her B Support by then, but her A Support was locked until Chapter 14 for me (Crimson Flower). How far into your route are you?

I searched this topic (and Google) but couldn't find anything, so is there a list of Goddess Tower options for both Byleths (or at least a list of people who can't show up there)? Thank you in advance!

Edit: Also, Wave 4 added the option to edit everyone's outfits in bulk, but did this break the "everyone wears their default outfits in their 'canon' Classes" thing for anyone else? For example, Yuri wears the default Trickster outfit now unless I specifically select his Monastery outfit to use in battle, which I wouldn't have needed to do before (e.g. for Marianne as a Bishop). Thanks again!

Edited by DefyingFates

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Edit: Also, Wave 4 added the option to edit everyone's outfits in bulk, but did this break the "everyone wears their default outfits in their 'canon' Classes" thing for anyone else? For example, Yuri wears the default Trickster outfit now unless I specifically select his Monastery outfit to use in battle, which I wouldn't have needed to do before (e.g. for Marianne as a Bishop). Thanks again!

Yeah, this happened to me too. It's probably a bug. 

2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Yeah, this happened to me too. It's probably a bug. 

Yeah. There's a bug specifically from Cindered Shadows too (huge spoilers abound):

Spoiler

You'll randomly get the "stunned" icon next to your team's icons when viewing animations (that the final boss has), though thankfully this is purely visual.

Which is a missed opportunity in my eyes. He's not a Noble, but he's basically the Wolves' Lord in all but name (and even has the Lord variant of the uniform). I know the Lord Class isn't anything special but I hope he gets it in an update.

Edited by DefyingFates

When training units in a weakness, is there an optimal way to do it? Should you just set it as their goal and let them learn it on their own? Should you try to tutor them more, or focus on tutoring students in their strengths?

4 hours ago, Vitezen said:

When training units in a weakness, is there an optimal way to do it? Should you just set it as their goal and let them learn it on their own? Should you try to tutor them more, or focus on tutoring students in their strengths?

Tutoring works best. Most of the time, you would be fixing some units’ weakness because it’s authority and they need better battalions. Unless you’re having some grand ambition, you probably won’t need to overcome weapon (or armor/riding/flying) weaknesses.

Overcoming weapon (or armor/riding/flying) weaknesses works best with a ton of grinding in the respective classes (probably as an adjutant). Knowledge gem doesn’t work well because it just turns 1+[class bonus] weapon experience into 1x2+[class bonus] for each combat.

Edited by Wishblade

18 hours ago, Vitezen said:

Honestly, it depends. This page gives the base values from Instructing, and weekly goals, on Normal difficulty (unfortunately it's incomplete). If raising a weakness is your first priority, then you should instruct and set as a goal. But what if you have three goals - say, trying to raise Hilda in Lances (strong), Authority (weak), and Riding (neutral). What then?

Getting +2 in tutoring a weakness sounds awful. But there are additive boosters you can get: if Byleth is a higher rank than their student, that's an additional +2. By pouring renown into the proper statue, it's another +1 or +2. And if you have the DLC, the Sauna can offer another +2. Suddenly, a +2/4/6 distribution has potentially turned into +8/10/12. +8 is definitely worth instructing for; that's anywhere between +32 and +80 (five "Perfects") for tutoring from full motivation. Either way, it's more than they'd learn in a week. Unfortunately I don't have hatd numbers for weekly learning (they're reduced on Hard and Maddening, though), nor do I know whether they're affected by Sauna or statues.

Bottom-line, I would say Instructing in a weakness should be preferred when there are a lot of factors (professor expertise, statues, sauna boosts) in your favor. When there aren't, it's probably preferable to Instruct in strengths, and grow the weakness through Battles, Group Tasks (where applicable), and Weekly Goals.

57 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Unfortunately I don't have the numbers for weekly learning (they're reduced on Hard and Maddening, though), nor do I know whether they're affected by Sauna or statues.

Maddening reduces Weekly Training exp by 8. So instead gaining 24/28/32 Skill exp depending on boons and banes, they'll be will be gaining 16/20/24 exp instead. 

Sauna and statue bonus are also not applied weekly goals, only instruction.

Edited by LoneRecon400

1 hour ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Maddening reduces Weekly Training exp by 8. So instead gaining 24/28/32 Skill exp depending on boons and banes, they'll be will be gaining 16/20/24 exp instead. 

Sauna and statue bonus are also not applied weekly goals, only instruction.

I thought these were the case. IIRC in Hard Mode, the gain was right in-between (20/24/28). I was pretty sure statues had no weekly effect. The Sauna, for some reason I remember it having an impact, but I probably imagined it.

Is it just me, or does the AI in the first mock battle do some questionable things? I had seen the AI have Dorothea attack one turn... only to randomly run away the following turn after I had the character she attacked fall back. And it wasn't like she couldn't reach my units.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 2/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Does Yuri have any special monastery dialogue about house Rowe in Crimson Flower?

Reveal hidden contents

Specifically about house Rowe getting blown up. 

Yeah. 

Spoiler

"Seems like a lot of people from House Rowe died in Arianrhod... I know Edelgard is saying it's the church's fault, and she hasn't been shy to express that. But...that doesn't seem right to me."

Byleth: Yeah...

• "My take? There exists some dangerous folks capable of destroying strongholds with ease."

Byleth: If not them, then who?

• "You should ask Edelgard or Hubert. They'd know more than I do."

(After both) "Some think that all we have to do is take down Fhirdiad to end the war, but I don't think it's quite that simple."