The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 hours ago, tchin said:

Does anyone have a list/document of all of the default goals for every character? I couldn't find one on the main page, sorry if this has been asked before.

For knowing initial goals, you can look at Aggro Incarnate's great base stats/skill levels spreadsheet and see which skill levels change by chapter (the ones with numbers). Characters that can't cross houses (the lords, Jeritza and Dedue) have the same initial goals as their seminars, except Hubert whose initial goals are Reason/Authority.

Here is Jacien's pastebin with goal suggestions (not updated with Ashen Wolves yet) if you are also interested.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Silent Mercenary said:

For knowing initial goals, you can look at Aggro Incarnate's great base stats/skill levels spreadsheet and see which skill levels change by chapter (the ones with numbers). Characters that can't cross houses (the lords, Jeritza and Dedue) have the same initial goals as their seminars, except Hubert whose initial goals are Reason/Authority.

Here is Jacien's pastebin with goal suggestions (not updated with Ashen Wolves yet) if you are also interested.

Thank you!

Edit: Yes, I tested it and it does raise supports. Sorry. 

If I set a character as another's adjutant does that build their supports, or do they have to physically be next to each other?

Edited by Torgan

1 minute ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

What's the best class path for Wyvern Lord Annette?

I could be wrong, but I think it's Monk > Mage > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord.

I'd go Crimson Flower then Verdant Wind. Crimson Flower has the same starting units (part 1 will be similar except you can use Edelgard/Hubert all you want and won't lose them), but part 2 will be different. Verdant Wind after will be a much more different experience, and by then, you may feel a bit less sameness since Silver Snow was 2 playthroughs before (VW is basically SS + Claude + 2nd Gronder battle and different finale).

10 hours ago, RebeccaHawkins said:

Do the Abyss facilities unlocked via the Influencer carry over with New Game+?

Yes. But the last two (the fortune teller mainly) aren't accessible until after chapter 13. You can still access the pagan alter and search the junk pile. 

Has anyone had chapters where they just can't interact with characters past the dialogue they say when you talk to them?

I've restarted my BL route and I'm trying to recruit Lysithea. In the early chapters I was able to give her gifts, invite her to tea (currently have a C support with her), ask for mission assistance, and have the option to recruit her. Now I'm on ch.10 and for the past... 3? ish chapters I haven't been able to do anything except talk to her.

Did I miss something? I can't even select her for choir or share a meal options. She's not even in Byleth's support list.

Sorry if this was asked before! (I've been away from the forums for a while...)

2 minutes ago, oolieong said:

Has anyone had chapters where they just can't interact with characters past the dialogue they say when you talk to them?

I've restarted my BL route and I'm trying to recruit Lysithea. In the early chapters I was able to give her gifts, invite her to tea (currently have a C support with her), ask for mission assistance, and have the option to recruit her. Now I'm on ch.10 and for the past... 3? ish chapters I haven't been able to do anything except talk to her.

Did I miss something? I can't even select her for choir or share a meal options. She's not even in Byleth's support list.

Sorry if this was asked before! (I've been away from the forums for a while...)

Did she get defeated when you had her for mission assistance? If so, that's the problem.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did she get defeated when you had her for mission assistance? If so, that's the problem.

Oh no... I did use her against the Death Knight in the underground chamber chapter but I can't remember if she was defeated.

I'm 75% sure she wasn't... but if she was defeated how else can I increase her support? Can I still recruit her? And if she wasn't defeated then am I missing something else?

4 hours ago, oolieong said:

I'm 75% sure she wasn't... but if she was defeated how else can I increase her support? Can I still recruit her? And if she wasn't defeated then am I missing something else?

Assuming she wasn't defeated, this would count as a glitch and a problem you need to report. While reporting, you will need to provide proof she wasn't KO'd and if you aren't 100% sure, they won't be able to help you. 

On the flip side, if you playing classic mode (where if they get KO'd, they stay gone) and she was KO'd then there is nothing more you can do with her. No more returning lost items, no more meals, no more daily mission help, you can't recruit her, and so forth. Including those supports are locked out now. Now that you've progressed in the game and didn't reset back to before she was KO'd, it will remain like that. That's what happens when any body gets defeated. All interactions with them get locked out. For students, you get no options after initiating a conversation with them. For knights and staff of the church, you can still get their Training option to increase your weapon skill levels. That's the punishment for letting them get beaten. You'll have to either reboot to a point before that chapter, or just leave her behind

20 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

Assuming she wasn't defeated, this would count as a glitch and a problem you need to report. While reporting, you will need to provide proof she wasn't KO'd and if you aren't 100% sure, they won't be able to help you. 

On the flip side, if you playing classic mode (where if they get KO'd, they stay gone) and she was KO'd then there is nothing more you can do with her. No more returning lost items, no more meals, no more daily mission help, you can't recruit her, and so forth. Including those supports are locked out now. Now that you've progressed in the game and didn't reset back to before she was KO'd, it will remain like that. That's what happens when any body gets defeated. All interactions with them get locked out. For students, you get no options after initiating a conversation with them. For knights and staff of the church, you can still get their Training option to increase your weapon skill levels. That's the punishment for letting them get beaten. You'll have to either reboot to a point before that chapter, or just leave her behind

I see, I never knew about this.

I have a feeling she might've been defeated bc I remember in my battle against the Death Knight I couldn't safely get his health down with my BL units without someone dying, and my battalion attacks were barely damaging him. So I must've had Lysithea take the fall...

It's unfortunate, but tbh that's a pretty cool mechanic they put it. I'll keep this in mind for future routes!

What supports are timegated? I know there was a thread for that, but it's been buried. I'm asking because the Dimitri-Felix B support gives me a Sword of Zoltan, and I wonder if that's missable.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 3/31/2020 at 4:38 PM, Shadow Mir said:

What supports are timegated? I know there was a thread for that, but it's been buried. I'm asking because the Dimitri-Felix B support gives me a Sword of Zoltan, and I wonder if that's missable.

The time-locked supports thread needs some work since there's quite a few more missing. It mentions Dimitri-Felix C must be done pre-timeskip. I'm not sure if there's a lower timegate in part 1 for the B support, but it can definitely be checked pre-timeskip and post-timeskip after Dimitri can support again. Byleth//Dimitri C being unlocked after chapter 4 starts is one missing on the list, and I recall reading some Ashen Wolves related supports too, but I can only find Ashe x Hapi C being pre-timeskip only.

I'm surprised the people who go reading code haven't put out an official or comprehensive list of supports based off their timing. As a completionist, I'm down to my last 10 characters and then I'll have all the supports unlocked in the extras menu. I'm so happy 🙂

i have another question. Does anyone have a list of rewards from all the paralogues. In terms of what you get after the battle is complete (battalions, stat boosters, and weapons) as well as any chests or enemy drop valuables in the battle as well (stat boosters). What I mean by the second part, I'm referring to how in Marianne's paralogues one wolf has a Giant Shell, and in Leonie's & Linhardt's paralogue one enemy has a Spirit Dust. I know those chests have some goodies but I'm having a hard time picking which people to grab so I can run the most valuable paralogues

Edited by Tediz64

4 minutes ago, blaerionvonhraesvelgr said:

Do characters receive a set number of free level ups between the timeskip and Chapter 13? 

I’m planning a Maddening NG BL run and was thinking about benching Ashe and Annette but wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get through Chapter 13 with them alive if their levels weren’t in the 20s. 

They do. However, I don't remember how much they get. Except for Bernie and Flayn, who get no level ups.

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 hours ago, blaerionvonhraesvelgr said:

Do characters receive a set number of free level ups between the timeskip and Chapter 13? 

I’m planning a Maddening NG BL run and was thinking about benching Ashe and Annette but wasn’t sure if I’d be able to get through Chapter 13 with them alive if their levels weren’t in the 20s. 

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

They do. However, I don't remember how much they get. Except for Bernie and Flayn, who get no level ups.

I thought the level ups when going to post timeskip were somewhere between 1 and 4 (each character varying) but at the very least if a person wasn't at least 20 it would auto put them at 20.

(The 1 to 4 were for people already pass level 20)