The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

What happens with Edelgard or Hubert's personal battalions (Supreme Armored Co. and Vestra Sorcery Something) in Chapter 12 of CF if they're in a flying class? They're usually equipped automatically once the chapter starts, and while one can assume they're sent to the inventory if they're unable to have it, I have never seen this info documented anywhere.

Edited by Moltz23

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Moltz23 said:

What happens with Edelgard or Hubert's personal battalions (Supreme Armored Co. and Vestra Sorcery Something) in Chapter 12 of CF if they're in a flying class? They're usually equipped automatically once the chapter starts, and while one can assume they're sent to the inventory if they're unable to have, I have never seen this info documented anywhere.

If Edelgard was in a flying class before the Ch 11 battle, then in the Ch 12 camp she won't have any battalion equipped IIRC, and SA Co will be in your inventory. Haven't run Hubert in a flying class before though, so can't confirm with him.

@Azure loves his Half Elves 
Thank you for the feedback! It's is much appreciated, as I'm not too familiar with using the VW students. (I usually let Claude keep his buddies on most runs,  as I like seeing them  on maps). 
How does this line up sound? Dunno if it's too many archers and mages?

M!Byleth:
Soldier > Brawler > Grappler > War Master/(Wyvern Lord)
That's pretty cool for skills to be transferable! I definitely want to master War Master to unlock QR to possibly play around with on other runs. I can buy back decent weapon levels for Lance and Flying from the previous run (Falcon Knight F!Byleth), War Master gives him axes, so I think unlocking both classes is feasible if I'm in need of another flier. 

Claude:
Soldier > Brigand > Archer > Wyvern Rider/Master (?) > Barbarossa / (Sniper?)
Dipping into Soldier to pick up reposition. Will rank up on flying for Alert stance+, I think, if it's worth it. Any chance to keep Sniper as a option open for HV on Claude or is keeping to Barbarossa better? 

Hilda:
Gonna go the Wyvern route then, and maybe also pick up Hit +20. ngl I think it's more likely I'd adjunct her to Claude in part 2. 

Marianne:
Monk > Mage > Bishop > Valkyrie > Dark Knight 
Dark Knight it is! 

Ignatz: With Raphael  Adjunct}
Soldier > Brigand > Archer > (Dark Mage?) > Sniper > Bow Knight
Sounds good, Sniper/Bow Knight it is! I've read about dipping into Dark mage for Poison strike. Would it be worth it?

Lorenz: 
Monk > Mage > Warlock/Paladin ? > Dark Knight 
Alright, I'll go down the DK line like Marianne (minus Valkyrie) but if his stats screws up as badly as his hair, he'll be dancing. 
Would it be better for him to drop into Paladin or Warlock for an advanced class?

Leonie: 
Soldier > Brigand > Peg Knight > Wyvern Rider > Falcon Knight. 
Yeah that sounds great! I can do the Falcon Knight option, with bow access. I did it for my F!Byleth in the previous run, and yeah, it's really good! 

Lythesia: 
Usual Germory/Valkyrie

Linhardt:
Bishop

Ferdie:
Swift Strikes - Wyvern 

Balthus: 
Grappler/War Master

Yuri: 
Soldier > Brigand > Archer  > Sniper

(Constance:)
Mage > Peg Knight > Dark Flier/Germory
(ngl I kinda worry about Dark Flier's lack of magic growth bonus as I think it screwed up Annette on a run, where she only had about 30 mag at lv 45)  

(Dorothea:) 
Dancer, unless Lorenz screws up.

Constance and Dorothea are backs up picks in case I'm not using Hilda or dancing Lorenz

25 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Ignatz: With Raphael  Adjunct}
Soldier > Brigand > Archer > (Dark Mage?) > Sniper > Bow Knight
Sounds good, Sniper/Bow Knight it is! I've read about dipping into Dark mage for Poison strike. Would it be worth it?

In a word: No.

14 hours ago, ruruo said:

I've run both Sniper Ignatz and Sniper Hanneman with this build. It's quite fun, but beyond against monsters and a couple of the tougher bosses, it doesn't give much of an advantage (because HV tends to kill everything).

Would it be better for him to drop into Paladin or Warlock for an advanced class?

If you can do both, that would be nice. But I'd say start in Warlock - Lorenz needs all the mag help he can get if you do plan on using him.

Any chance to keep Sniper as a option open for HV on Claude or is keeping to Barbarossa better? 

You've already got a sniper, and Barbarossa is probably the best class in the game. Stick to it unless you were planning to experiment with Claude anyway.

How does this line up sound? Dunno if it's too many archers and mages?

Looks pretty good to me. Nobody seems built to be a tank (either through defense or avoid) - it isn't necessary to have, but just a heads up. VW as a route is the best for bows, so your number of archers isn't bad at all, and I think you're fine on the mage front too.

21 hours ago, haarhaarhaar said:

If Edelgard was in a flying class before the Ch 11 battle, then in the Ch 12 camp she won't have any battalion equipped IIRC, and SA Co will be in your inventory. Haven't run Hubert in a flying class before though, so can't confirm with him.

Ah,  so it does work as I expected! (I also don't see why it would work differently with Hubert). Thanks for the confirmation!

22 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

In a word: No.

8 hours ago, haarhaarhaar said:

I've run both Sniper Ignatz and Sniper Hanneman with this build. It's quite fun, but beyond against monsters and a couple of the tougher bosses, it doesn't give much of an advantage (because HV tends to kill everything).

Thanks! That puts it into perspective. I might still get it to play around with, but not hold too much expectation for it.

If you can do both, that would be nice. But I'd say start in Warlock - Lorenz needs all the mag help he can get if you do plan on using him.

Will do~ I just hope he turns out useable. With Lorenz, he's so balanced I'm just unsure what his role is going to look like if I build him as a DK. I feel at best he's going to end up doing is chip damage, back up healing, and carrying a support battalion. 

Looks pretty good to me. Nobody seems built to be a tank (either through defense or avoid) - it isn't necessary to have, but just a heads up. VW as a route is the best for bows, so your number of archers isn't bad at all, and I think you're fine on the mage front too.

Sounds good then, in that case I think it should be ok. There's Wyvern Ferdinand, and I'm expecting Leonie to get pretty fast too, so hopefully it'll work out. With M!Byleth I was thinking of playing around with a EP build later using QR+Alert stance+Fist Avo+Avo Battalion (+retribution). 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Voiced said:

Does setting goals for a unit only affect the points given at the end of the week lecture? Or are there any other effects that setting goals have?

Yeah it only affects the end of the week lectures 

On 10/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, Voiced said:

Does setting goals for a unit only affect the points given at the end of the week lecture? Or are there any other effects that setting goals have?

One other effect - if you choose to do a Seminar on the weekend, students will only go to one where the skills taught match their goals. You can change goals in a menu before selecting your free day activity. 

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

One other effect - if you choose to do a Seminar on the weekend, students will only go to one where the skills taught match their goals. You can change goals in a menu before selecting your free day activity. 

Yes you can, I believe the button is X before you go into the seminar screen. (If not then it's R, I always mix those two up)

34 minutes ago, Voiced said:

Hard/Classic

Is Lorenz better suited for Dark Knight or Wyvern Lord? His growth sort of indicate that he can go either way, but I'd like to get other opinions before I commit to a class path for him.

Wyvern lord OP. That said I do believe dark knight suits Lorenz better. (Never had a wyvern lord Lorenz though)

1 hour ago, Voiced said:

Hard/Classic

Is Lorenz better suited for Dark Knight or Wyvern Lord? His growth sort of indicate that he can go either way, but I'd like to get other opinions before I commit to a class path for him.

Dark Knight. He's got boons in the skills needed for it, as opposed to Wyvern Lord, where he'd have to put a lot of work in two neutrals.

Does beating the Cindered Shadows side story on Hard give you any extra benefits over beating it on Normal? I assume no, but the difficulty jump seems significant enough to warrant such a thing. The difficulty looks so...... daunting, right from the very start, just by looking at enemy stats and weapons. If there's no extra reward for beating it on Hard, then I'm going to turn it down to Normal, just because I don't think I'll enjoy playing it on Hard, even if I can beat it.

37 minutes ago, ToP said:

Does beating the Cindered Shadows side story on Hard give you any extra benefits over beating it on Normal? I assume no, but the difficulty jump seems significant enough to warrant such a thing. The difficulty looks so...... daunting, right from the very start, just by looking at enemy stats and weapons. If there's no extra reward for beating it on Hard, then I'm going to turn it down to Normal, just because I don't think I'll enjoy playing it on Hard, even if I can beat it.

I don't think there is, but if there were one, it would be the amount of renown you receive in the main game for the DLC clear. I haven't cleared the DLC on Normal, so I can't confirm whether this is the case, but yeah, I doubt there are any extra benefits. 

IIRC you get 10,000 renown in the main game for a DLC Hard clear. Perhaps someone else on the forum can confirm what you get from a Normal clear.

Edited by haarhaarhaar

Just now, Voiced said:

Are the DLC auxiliary maps good for anything?

Yes. They give twice (I think) the amount of gold as a normal auxiliary battle, the enemies are higher level so they give more XP, and they also drop one stat booster every map.

1 minute ago, Anathaco said:

Yes. They give twice (I think) the amount of gold as a normal auxiliary battle, the enemies are higher level so they give more XP, and they also drop one stat booster every map.

What level are the enemies on the maps? Are these like endgame maps or can I do them whenever (early game)?

1 minute ago, Voiced said:

What level are the enemies on the maps? Are these like endgame maps or can I do them whenever (early game)?

IIRC, their levels are comparable to the levels of enemies during rare monster sightings.

4 minutes ago, Voiced said:

The exact level differs based on difficulty- on Maddening they were like 7 or so levels above my units.

The levels scale up like normal aux battles, so you can do them from the beginning of the game and be fine, and they get stronger as the game goes on so you can continuously use them to grind even until the end.

Also, in case you’re curious, here’s the list of which aux battles give which stat boosters. I think it’s mostly accurate, but I didn’t go out of my way to test any maps other than the forest and Conand Tower.

Plains: Charm. Savescumming for a different booster seems to only yield a bullion iirc.

Forest: Defence and Resistance

Lake Teutates: I believe this one is Dex and Luck

Conand Tower: HP and Speed

Meaning the 5th battle, which I’m pretty sure exists but can’t remember what it is, gives strength and magic. 
In my experience those last 2 battles didn’t show up at all until a certain point in the game, so that might be worth noting

Edited by Anathaco

4 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

The exact level differs based on difficulty- on Maddening they were like 7 or so levels above my units.

The levels scale up like normal aux battles, so you can do them from the beginning of the game and be fine, and they get stronger as the game goes on so you can continuously use them to grind even until the end.

Also, in case you’re curious, here’s the list of which aux battles give which stat boosters. I think it’s mostly accurate, but I didn’t go out of my way to test any maps other than the forest and Conand Tower.

Plains: Charm. Savescumming for a different booster seems to only yield a bullion iirc.

Forest: Defence and Resistance

Lake Teutates: I believe this one is Dex and Luck

Conand Tower: HP and Speed

Meaning the 5th battle, which I’m pretty sure exists but can’t remember what it is, gives strength and magic. 
In my experience those last 2 battles didn’t show up at all until a certain point in the game, so that might be worth noting

Wait...can you pick and choose which one you want to do at any given time or do they rotate after completion?

7 minutes ago, Voiced said:

Wait...can you pick and choose which one you want to do at any given time or do they rotate after completion?

This I haven’t worked out. I know that only one is ever available at a time. It seems to be completely random, so you can potentially play the same map three times in a week, or you can do 3 different ones. I have heard that it’s determined at the beginning of the week, so you can save after finishing the last week, go through the week, and see if you get the map you want- if not, reset and do the week again.

Edited by Anathaco