The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

5 minutes ago, Voiced said:

Should I keep Byleth and the lords in their automatically gained classes? 

It's usually a good thing to do, but it is by no means a must. Bow Knight Claude, Paladin Dimitri and Wyvern Lord Edelgard are all really strong options. But if you want to get creative, that is totally an option.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Voiced said:

Should I keep Byleth and the lords in their automatically gained classes? 

Short answer is you can if the design appeals to you, or you just want to use their classes.

Long answer is:

Byleth: You can, if you want. Magic is nice, and its a decent class to make use of that while not sacrificing their physical prowess

Edelgard: Maybe not. It's not a super great class and hinders her main strength as a unit. She'd rather be in a more mobile class like Wyvern Lord

Dimitri: There are better options for Dimitri, but his class is still perfectly serviceable for him.

Claude: Usually yes. Claude gains by far the most out of any of the lords from his personal class.

8 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Beating it without NG+ on changes the light shining on Sothis on the title screen from green to yellow. If that would factor in to your decision at all.

I did hear about that. I suppose if its for bragging rights but I don't really care too much about that. As long as I beat it once without NG+ then that's really all I'll consider

Can someone confirm if any of the following meats and baits are used in-game? I noticed fedatamine.com mentions there are far more of them than I knew of:

Baits:

* Minnow fillet

* Fresh insect larva

* Fresh minnow fillet

* Bristle worm

* Fresh bristle worm

* Premium Pond Snail

* Shrimp

* Fiddler Crab

* Premium Shrimp

* Premium Fiddler Crab

* Premium Earthworm

* Pupa

* Grub

* Beetle

* Premium Pupa

* Premium Grub

* Premium Beetle

* Premium Blowfly

* Squid Ball

Meats:

* Rabbit

* Fódlan Pheasant

* Gronder Fox

* Boar

* Grouse

* Rabbit (again?)

* Gronder Fox (again?)

* Fódlan Pheasant (again?)

I don't have the DLC pass, so I have no means to check if the previous items are available only through DLC.

Edited by Moltz23

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I got 2 fish at once from fishing. somehow.

Were you fishing during a Fistfuls of Fish day? Because those days allow you to get multiple fish when you succeed at fishing.

Do I have to scan the maps?

On chapter 5 and enemies reinforcement spawned at the doors I couldn't' even see since they're cut-away to around my character's ankles, are there many more BS stuff like this? (Since you can not even a see a quarter of the door on the wall.), where there's enemy spawn doors that are barely visible due to bad prespective.

I seriously doubt Bernie is going to consistently luck out and tank 2 dudes to the face again.

1 hour ago, Samz707 said:

On chapter 5 and enemies reinforcement spawned at the doors I couldn't' even see since they're cut-away to around my character's ankles, are there many more BS stuff like this? (Since you can not even a see a quarter of the door on the wall.), where there's enemy spawn doors that are barely visible due to bad prespective.

I seriously doubt Bernie is going to consistently luck out and tank 2 dudes to the face again.

This game is made with rewinds in mind, sometimes you just have to use rewinds and then use the information you rathered from your failures.

So yes, this game has many more stuff like this.

1 hour ago, whase said:

This game is made with rewinds in mind, sometimes you just have to use rewinds and then use the information you rathered from your failures.

So yes, this game has many more stuff like this.

Ahhh great.

I really don't like save-scumming in games. (yes I know it's technically rewinding but its the same form of Trial and error to me so it's still frustrating.)

So is there more doors that are barely visible due to bad visual design that enemies funnel out of in particular?

Edited by Samz707

55 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

So is there more doors that are barely visible due to bad visual design that enemies funnel out of in particular?

Nothing I can think of, but I can think of a few other chapters where reinforcements seem to come out of nowhere, or the win conditions change, or stuff like that. Maybe you can look them up if you don't mind the spoilers.

I know many people tend to hate these things, but I actually like it. The opponent actually creating ambushes, without them for some reason yelling about it to you across the map makes it feel more real to me. Yet having rewinds fixes it in gameplay, imo.

3 hours ago, Samz707 said:

I’m not quite sure which reinforcements you mean. Do you mean the ones that spawn where you do or the ones that show up halfway through the map?

Generally speaking the spawn points aren’t visible to players- in that sense it’s not like other games where you see a fort or a staircase and know enemies will probably come from it. Unless you’re playing on Maddening you at the very least have a turn to deal with them even if they take you completely unawares, so there’s that.

2 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

I’m not quite sure which reinforcements you mean. Do you mean the ones that spawn where you do or the ones that show up halfway through the map?

Generally speaking the spawn points aren’t visible to players- in that sense it’s not like other games where you see a fort or a staircase and know enemies will probably come from it. Unless you’re playing on Maddening you at the very least have a turn to deal with them even if they take you completely unawares, so there’s that.

Yeah half-way through the map

They spawn from the "doors" taht are just barely visible since they're cut away. (You can pretty much just see like an 8th of the door from the top down view.)

So enemies in 3H can and will spawn from seemingly nowhere now?

1 minute ago, Samz707 said:

Yeah half-way through the map

They spawn from the "doors" taht are just barely visible since they're cut away. (You can pretty much just see like an 8th of the door from the top down view.)

So enemies in 3H can and will spawn from seemingly nowhere now?

Ah. I suppose it says a lot that I never noticed there were doors there. But yes, forget predicting when and where they’ll show up- it’s a matter of taking them out before they have a chance to become a threat.

Just now, Anathaco said:

Ah. I suppose it says a lot that I never noticed there were doors there. But yes, forget predicting when and where they’ll show up- it’s a matter of taking them out before they have a chance to become a threat.

oohh boy.

That ambush was a pain because I'd already moved most of my units by the time it happened and it only really didn't go too bad because they had horrific stats. (They only did about a 4th of Bernie's health each.)

15 minutes ago, whase said:

Nothing I can think of, but I can think of a few other chapters where reinforcements seem to come out of nowhere, or the win conditions change, or stuff like that. Maybe you can look them up if you don't mind the spoilers.

I know many people tend to hate these things, but I actually like it. The opponent actually creating ambushes, without them for some reason yelling about it to you across the map makes it feel more real to me. Yet having rewinds fixes it in gameplay, imo.

Eh Rewinding might as well be "Instantly died and having to load my last quick save" for me in these situations, it's still frustrating and not very fun to trial and error.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, Anathaco said:

"Well, at least now that I know where they come from, I can put a unit on that tile to block them from spawning!"

Reinforcement: *Spawns in adjacent tile imstead*

"...MOTHER-"

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Voiced said:

Why do some relic weapons not glow when it is equipped on a unit that has the corresponding crest item? 

For example: Petra with Thunderbrand and the Charon crest item. For some reason the sword does not glow.

Ok, so another source has told me that...

Even if a unit has the crest item, the relic weapon won't glow no matter what. I'm assuming there's no work around for this. Which kind of sucks.

One of Mekkah's videos brought to my attention that it's possible to get stat boosters in Azure Moon's Enbarr chapter by bringing both Dorothea & Manuela + Seteth & Flayn near the opera house and church respectively.

I do wonder though; is it possible to get these stat boosters in Silver Snow and Verdant Wind as well? I assume that you should be able to, but as far I'm aware no one has ever documented it before...

Edited by Moltz23

48 minutes ago, Moltz23 said:

One of Mekkah's videos brought to my attention that it's possible to get stat boosters in Azure Moon's Enbarr chapter by bringing both Dorothea & Manuela + Seteth & Flayn near the opera house and church respectively.

I do wonder though; is it possible to get these stat boosters in Silver Snow and Verdant Wind as well? I assume that you should be able to, but as far I'm aware no one has ever documented it before...

Yes.

8 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

I’ll need to try this out for my Silver Snow playthrough and see what happens.

15 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yes.

7 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I’ll need to try this out for my Silver Snow playthrough and see what happens.

Hmm... given the order the maps were added, I assume it should be feasible there as well, but it seems we gonna have to make some testing if we wanna 100% confirm it just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m just starting out, and I have the quest on 5/11 to find a choir signup sheet for the choirmaster.

unable to find the item on my own, I watched gameplay videos on YouTube, so I know exactly where it is supposed to be: near Dorothea at the edge of some stairs by the bushes in the dormitory area.

it isn’t there

I’m not missing it — I’ve seen the exact spot in videos, and in my game that spot is empty.

This is obviously a minor quest, but without it I can’t unlock the choir activity.

does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve already restarted the whole day once.

2 hours ago, Hexprone said:

I’m just starting out, and I have the quest on 5/11 to find a choir signup sheet for the choirmaster.

unable to find the item on my own, I watched gameplay videos on YouTube, so I know exactly where it is supposed to be: near Dorothea at the edge of some stairs by the bushes in the dormitory area.

it isn’t there

I’m not missing it — I’ve seen the exact spot in videos, and in my game that spot is empty.

This is obviously a minor quest, but without it I can’t unlock the choir activity.

There should be a light blinking on the map right after accepting the quest, can you open the map and see the blinking light? If not are you sure you accepted the quest?

Is Dedue's level in Chapter 16 of Azure Moon meant to remain the same as you left him in Chapter 12 or not? I played AM maddening the other day, and I noticed the level 24 Dedue I left back in Chapter 12 came back as level 29 in Chapter 16, and I'm pretty sure he isn't meant to do that since his level remained the same back when I did Blue Lions on hard a long time ago. Could that be an addition version 1.2.0 did? Or maybe that's just a thing Maddening does?

On 12/4/2020 at 2:39 AM, Hexprone said:

Did you try talking to the choir clerk first and accepting her quest? If you don't do that then the item won't spawn.