The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Does anyone know how Quick Riposte works against 1-2 Punch? Both of them treat AS as fast enough to double but I don't know how they'd work against each other. Also, is it possible to Triangle Attack monsters (both the 2x2 and 3x3 ones)?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Eldanair said:

Okay troubled by what number of recruits is deemed a good number to have? My instinct is recruit them alm aha

It doesn't really matter. You'll want to make sure you have enough to always be able to fill out deployment slots (maxes out at 15, including adjutants), but beyond that have as many or as few as you feel like. I've played and recruited only up to 15 people and I've played and recruited literally everyone possible and both work fine. Both have minor benefits, but neither approach is obviously superior. If you do decide to try to recruit as many people as possible, I would advise against trying to actually use everyone, since that will generally leave people underleveled, but recruiting everyone and having them sitting on the sidelines won't do you any harm.

I'm personally a fan of grabbing the recruits who have paralogues I want to do. This list is headed by

Spoiler

Lorenz

but also includes

Spoiler

Sylvain (who's free for FByleth), Ingrid, Marianne, Caspar, Mercedes, Ashe (only for the Eagles, who can't get Catherine), and sometimes Felix/Linhardt/Leonie/(at least one of Raphael or Ignatz).

Obviously that list is adjusted based on route, and ignores the possibility of recruiting someone so I can actually use them, which I certainly do as well. I usually end up getting a majority of the possible recruits, but not all.

On 2/6/2021 at 4:59 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm personally a fan of grabbing the recruits who have paralogues I want to do. This list is headed by

Hide contents

Lorenz

but also includes

Hide contents

Sylvain (who's free for FByleth), Ingrid, Marianne, Caspar, Mercedes, Ashe (only for the Eagles, who can't get Catherine), and sometimes Felix/Linhardt/Leonie/(at least one of Raphael or Ignatz).

Obviously that list is adjusted based on route, and ignores the possibility of recruiting someone so I can actually use them, which I certainly do as well. I usually end up getting a majority of the possible recruits, but not all.

Yes. I hope there is a good paralogue guide on here. I think I have come to the reasoning that recruiting them all is best if your not speeding through story. Like lenticular says you dont have to use all of them :). I mean valuing ones with crests seems beneficial with the Crest weopens for one. Plus you gain some story elements through conversations in the monastery if your into that.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, Eldanair said:

Okay troubled by what number of recruits is deemed a good number to have? My instinct is recruit them alm aha

I dunno. But personally, I find recruiting everyone to be impractical as all get out, especially if you're not leading the Black Eagles, because then you have to deal with recruiting Ferdinand the hard way thanks to his need for heavy armour, which NEEDS faculty training to raise; it doesn't help matters that Alois and Gilbert are the only ones who can tutor you in that, nor does it that they're unavailable at times (and it ain't like you have a choice in the matter, either, as his B support is locked until after the timeskip). This is also true of Caspar, but what you need to raise to get him is one of Byleth's strengths, and something you can actually raise through battling.

23 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno. But personally, I find recruiting everyone to be impractical as all get out, especially if you're not leading the Black Eagles, because then you have to deal with recruiting Ferdinand the hard way thanks to his need for heavy armour, which NEEDS faculty training to raise; it doesn't help matters that Alois and Gilbert are the only ones who can tutor you in that, nor does it that they're unavailable at times (and it ain't like you have a choice in the matter, either, as his B support is locked until after the timeskip). This is also true of Caspar, but what you need to raise to get him is one of Byleth's strengths, and something you can actually raise through battling.

So I just need to focus from beginning heavy armour ahahaha. Yeah I get ya but it may not be impossible. I'm sure people have recruited all of them plenty. 

1 minute ago, Eldanair said:

So I just need to focus from beginning heavy armour ahahaha. Yeah I get ya but it may not be impossible. I'm sure people have recruited all of them plenty. 

That'd be nice were it not for the fact that heavy armor investment is generally about as useful as tits on a bull... Anyway, I just don't think it's worth busting your ass to recruit everyone.

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That'd be nice were it not for the fact that heavy armor investment is generally about as useful as tits on a bull... Anyway, I just don't think it's worth busting your ass to recruit everyone.

Yeah understandably. That said there is some conversations regarding (minor spoiler***) Ferdinands death if you kill him as alliance. If you have dorothea she is literally mourning over her dead friends death. So interestingly the game adapts in subtle ways. Meaning the recruitment system adds a little bit of depth to the game for each play through.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I want to rush through church route so I can finally start my blue lion maddening. Is there any map that can soft lock or block you from completing it? I am at chapter 16 currently and I want to be extra safe.

Realistically, the only map that could soft lock you is chapter 13, so no. If you’re on normal/hard, it’ll be pretty hard to soft lock yourself.

The recent Forging Bond event in FEH raised some questions for me regarding personal lore

Spoiler

1. Was Ingrid ever stated to be a big eater or always hungry?

2. Has Felix outright says he hated Dedue for being from Duscur? I know he dislike Dedue attitude and loyalty towards Dimitri but I don't remember him being a racist towards Dedue

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

The recent Forging Bond event in FEH raised some questions for me regarding personal lore

Hide contents

1. Was Ingrid ever stated to be a big eater or always hungry?

2. Has Felix outright says he hated Dedue for being from Duscur? I know he dislike Dedue attitude and loyalty towards Dimitri but I don't remember him being a racist towards Dedue

Spoiler

Yes, that is stated about Ingrid during multiple monastery explore sessions and her Yuri support.

But Felix has never said anything about his feelings toward Duscur as far as I know, he doesn’t like Dedue because of what he calls “blind obedience”.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know what the odds of getting albinean moose from battles are, or if it’s only a specific kind of aux battle I can get them from, or any surefire way to get albinean moose? I’m 90% sure the answers is no but I want to be able to make more than 1 of the +1 to all stats meal in prep for Silver Snow‘s endgame on maddening, which I am terrified for.

So anyone got advice for the "Wonderful" Sothis Paralogue?

Having trouble with the game spamming Hawks with me at the middle bit as I can't really stun them all in time before I get essentially stun-locked by them attacking my weak units and preventing them from moving so I can't stop them from being killed.

@Samz707 What kind of units are you working with? And are you at the last possible week to be able to do that map, because I'm not sure how you would be able to salvage things at that point.

I think I usually Stride at some point in the beginning to get all of my units around where Byleth is. The Archer Battalion with 2 uses is pretty good here. Some of the enemies usually line up in a way that you can make good use of Assault Troop and Group Magic.

4 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

@Samz707 What kind of units are you working with? And are you at the last possible week to be able to do that map, because I'm not sure how you would be able to salvage things at that point.

I think I usually Stride at some point in the beginning to get all of my units around where Byleth is. The Archer Battalion with 2 uses is pretty good here. Some of the enemies usually line up in a way that you can make good use of Assault Troop and Group Magic.

I've just unlocked it, am chapter 8 with all of the Black Eagles at roughly level 15. (And Shamir, Leonie, Manuela and Hanneman, though none of them have been used yet.)

I feel like when it gets to the second "half", where the game spams flying beasts at you that I'm completely incapable of killing them in-time to stop someone being killed off in the process.

Edited by Samz707

If you have the DLC, Hapi's personal combined with Impregnable Wall can break that chapter. But since you didn't mention her...

Famiarize yourself with how the reinforcements work, they're weird. https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Red_Canyon#Reinforcements

I find the reinforcement that isn't all birds a bit easier to deal with, since you can choke off the wolf a bit more easily (also wolves have better drops), but your milage may vary. Make sure everyone has offensive gambits equipped unless you think the non-offensive one is worth it (Stride generally is, as mentioned). At the start of each turn when monsters are present, think carefully about if you're going to break/kill a monster, or use a single gambit to draw its attention, for each monster in range.

If you're having trouble with the map you can try to end it more quickly by focusing on getting Byleth back towards the main group and then pulling back towards the boss and killing it, since the map ends when you do. Do get the Knowledge Gem, though - it's arguably the main reward of the paralogue.

@Samz707 Sorry for getting back to you so late. Pretty much what Dark Holy Elf said. I think Striding on turn 2 to get your units around Byleth is ideal, but you could possibly get back to the boss with Byleth if you have Rescue maybe.

Your natural Archers like Bernadetta, Shamir, and Petra should be able to one shot the birds after one of their shields is gone with a Silver Bow of Steel Bow+. If your having trouble you could try again after a few more in-game weeks before it's gone, maybe Ferdinand wants A rank Lance for Swift Strikes. Make sure your units can kill things in a quick manner. Iron Bow is only rank E so any off your units can use that as well.

16 hours ago, Samz707 said:

So anyone got advice for the "Wonderful" Sothis Paralogue?

Having trouble with the game spamming Hawks with me at the middle bit as I can't really stun them all in time before I get essentially stun-locked by them attacking my weak units and preventing them from moving so I can't stop them from being killed.

Are you doing the full stun by breaking all of their armour or just a mini-stun from breaking a single tile worth of armour? If the former, that's often not the most efficient way of taking them down. Instead, it can be better -- or at least faster -- to take down the armour on a single tile with a gambit or super-effective hit (eg Seraphim) and then have everyone focus fire on that tile. You lose out on the ore from the full armour break if you do it that way, but it makes for faster kills which can stop you getting overrun.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing I wanted to know: assuming you do Dedue’s paralogue in part 1 before heading into part 2. He returns during the chapter 16 fight, will he have all the equipment and battalion with him as he had it before he left?

34 minutes ago, Barren said:

Another thing I wanted to know: assuming you do Dedue’s paralogue in part 1 before heading into part 2. He returns during the chapter 16 fight, will he have all the equipment and battalion with him as he had it before he left?

I believe he returns with all of those but his battalion, which is transferred to the convoy instead if you want someone else to use it while he's gone.

11 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

I believe he returns with all of those but his battalion, which is transferred to the convoy instead if you want someone else to use it while he's gone.

Hmm. I’ll have to test that part out when I get there. Keeping note on what battalion I equip for him would also help.