The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

20 hours ago, Barren said:

Another thing I wanted to know: assuming you do Dedue’s paralogue in part 1 before heading into part 2. He returns during the chapter 16 fight, will he have all the equipment and battalion with him as he had it before he left?

20 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

I believe he returns with all of those but his battalion, which is transferred to the convoy instead if you want someone else to use it while he's gone.

8 hours ago, Barren said:

Hmm. I’ll have to test that part out when I get there. Keeping note on what battalion I equip for him would also help.

I just so happen to have a file around that part, and I can say with certainty that Dedue does keep whatever weapons and items he had on him beforehand (restored to max durability, too), but his battalion does not remain equipped.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I just so happen to have a file around that part, and I can say with certainty that Dedue does keep whatever weapons and items he had on him beforehand (restored to max durability, too), but his battalion does not remain equipped.

Thank you very much, that is good note. I was wondering what the case was with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here know of a comprehensive list for battalion availability? Stuff like route exclusivity, whether you can get one through a paralogue/quest/recruitment, if/when you can buy them? I'm interested in a project to evaluate battalions, and this would be a vital resource.

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Does anyone here know of a comprehensive list for battalion availability? Stuff like route exclusivity, whether you can get one through a paralogue/quest/recruitment, if/when you can buy them? I'm interested in a project to evaluate battalions, and this would be a vital resource.

I have a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet of all the available battalions at home. If you want I can upload it in a follow up post for later on.

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

At the very least, the Fire Emblem Wiki lists which battalions can be purchased on the Battalion Guild depending on the route. Also, every battalion the game has is listed on the site as well and all should have their respective locations/availability mentioned.

9 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

At the very least, the Fire Emblem Wiki lists which battalions can be purchased on the Battalion Guild depending on the route. Also, every battalion the game has is listed on the site as well and all should have their respective locations/availability mentioned.

Good catch! That Garreg Mach page is insanely detailed. And yeah, it looks like with enough effort, all the listed locations could be compiled into a single resource. Assuming they're all correct and comprehensive, that is.

9 hours ago, Barren said:

I have a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet of all the available battalions at home. If you want I can upload it in a follow up post for later on.

That sounds like a great resource! Does it include when and where each battalion can be obtained? That's the main thing I'm looking for right now. Up to you, either way, if you'd like to post it.

35 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Good catch! That Garreg Mach page is insanely detailed. And yeah, it looks like with enough effort, all the listed locations could be compiled into a single resource. Assuming they're all correct and comprehensive, that is.

That sounds like a great resource! Does it include when and where each battalion can be obtained? That's the main thing I'm looking for right now. Up to you, either way, if you'd like to post it.

As far as that it has the max stats when fully leveled up. But I can certainly include it in a text document as well

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Lyn said:

When should I start the dlc route? (My main route is the Blue Lions.)

The DLC is a side story, and can be initiated from the main menu. Though I don't know whether you plan to play the game more than once...

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Lyn said:

When should I start the dlc route? (My main route is the Blue Lions.)

I would suggest not playing it until you've beaten the game at least once. In light of the challenge level, and some of the story details it grazes on. That said, if you're only planning to play the game through once, then I'd say, do the DLC Campaign before you reach Chapter 12 in the main game.

So, during chapter 13 on AM things went a bit sideway and as a result Ashe, who I didn´t use in this run and Gilbert both met their end at the hand of enemies I accidentally aggroed. Now, you might be able to guess where this is going from my post about Annette, since I would very much like to get her personal weapon, however Gilbert does not appear amongst my units that I can train or even just artificially raise support via the Wayseer or w/e it´s called. He is however still in the monastery, appears as a blue dot, implying he´s a player unit and he still continues to give me quests every now and then.

Does the game just treat him as an NPC upon death or did I miss something?

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Does the game just treat him as an NPC upon death or did I miss something?

Every route has at least one unit who can "die, but survive in canon". Such as Hubert on CF, Hilda on VW, and Seteth on SS. Gilbert is this for AM. Gameplay-wise he's dead, but he still lives on as an NPC. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this makes Annette's paralogue inaccessible. 

Once again, chapter 13 ruins people's lives.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Every route has at least one unit who can "die, but survive in canon". Such as Hubert on CF, Hilda on VW, and Seteth on SS. Gilbert is this for AM. Gameplay-wise he's dead, but he still lives on as an NPC. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this makes Annette's paralogue inaccessible. 

STORY GAMEPLAY INTEGRATION HELL YEAH!!!!

Yeah it’ll definitely be inaccessible because it needs a C support between Annette and Gilbert to unlock.

Puts a whole new spin on “deadbeat dad” though.

11 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Once again, chapter 13 ruins people's lives.

I guess there really is something to those superstitions about 13 being an unlucky number... But, if I may be honest, you aren't missing out on much, given that the relic gated behind it is pretty lousy.

• 1 month later...

I have quick question about Black Eagles/Silver Snow maddening. There is a save point after the chapter 11 battle in the holy tomb where you can pick to either side with Edelgard or the Church depending on if you trigger the scenes you need to stay on track to unlock Crimson Flower.

So when I do let’s say Crimson Flower, is it wise to continue my maddening run from that save point to skip pretty towards the end of part 1 so I can get a head start for Silver Snow? Or am I better off starting the black eagles run again from the beginning just to do the other route?

3 hours ago, Barren said:

I have quick question about Black Eagles/Silver Snow maddening. There is a save point after the chapter 11 battle in the holy tomb where you can pick to either side with Edelgard or the Church depending on if you trigger the scenes you need to stay on track to unlock Crimson Flower.

So when I do let’s say Crimson Flower, is it wise to continue my maddening run from that save point to skip pretty towards the end of part 1 so I can get a head start for Silver Snow? Or am I better off starting the black eagles run again from the beginning just to do the other route?

It's up to you. Certainly, even on Maddening, you absolutely can just reload the file and do fine. The only real disadvantage to doing so is that the training you put into Edelgard and Hubert ends up being "wasted" on your Silver Snow run. (And you definitely do want to train at minimum Edelgard for Crimson Flower, both because she is forced for every story map and because she is very good.) This is easily survivable, though.

Just keep in mind that you are preparing for both routes, and in particular, you should train (or turn into a Dancer, etc.) all of Dorothea, Petra, and Caspar, since they will be forced on Silver Snow Chapter 13 and your life will be a lot easier if they are effective combatants.

3 hours ago, Barren said:

If you haven’t invested into Edelgard then it probably would be wise to restart for Crimson Flower, but you might be able to manage. If you haven’t invested in the Black Eagles (other than Edelgard and Hubert), it would definitely be wise to restart for Silver Snow because of chapter 13. But other than that, it won’t make a big difference unless you want a different team from the one you have on that save file or anything.

Edited by Sooks

On 7/30/2021 at 11:15 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

It's up to you. Certainly, even on Maddening, you absolutely can just reload the file and do fine. The only real disadvantage to doing so is that the training you put into Edelgard and Hubert ends up being "wasted" on your Silver Snow run. (And you definitely do want to train at minimum Edelgard for Crimson Flower, both because she is forced for every story map and because she is very good.) This is easily survivable, though.

Just keep in mind that you are preparing for both routes, and in particular, you should train (or turn into a Dancer, etc.) all of Dorothea, Petra, and Caspar, since they will be forced on Silver Snow Chapter 13 and your life will be a lot easier if they are effective combatants.

On 7/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, Sooks said:

If you haven’t invested into Edelgard then it probably would be wise to restart for Crimson Flower, but you might be able to manage. If you haven’t invested in the Black Eagles (other than Edelgard and Hubert), it would definitely be wise to restart for Silver Snow because of chapter 13. But other than that, it won’t make a big difference unless you want a different team from the one you have on that save file or anything.

Thanks for the replies. A bit late on my part, but I figured that regardless of doing either Crimson Flower or Silver Snow I can always reclass Flayn as a Pegasus Knight since she gets it off the bat basically so it would be less wasteful 

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have Seteth not join the party in Azure Moon and Verdant Wind? I was checking fedatamine.com yesterday and I noticed Seteth can actually refuse to take part in Rhea's plan for Byleth in the story if these 3 criteria are met:

The player isn't in Silver Snow

Byleth & Seteth's C-Support has't been unlocked

Byleth & Flayn's C-Support has't been unlocked

Given how much stuff the game accounts for, I honestly believe this could be possible but since no one has reported on this before, I dunno if it's actually a thing that exists.

Edited by Moltz23

Interesting, but I doubt that Seteth is outright unrecruitable, since I feel like this would come up for players at least sometimes. It doesn't seem that unlikely that both Seteth and Flayn are unsupported at that point... especially Seteth, due to there not yet being a reason to recharge his motivation or give him gifts, nor any opportunity for him to gain support points in battle. I... feel like surely I've had a run where Flayn was not yet supported at that point too, for all that I do often purposefully build Byleth and Flayn's support rank (on non-CF) because Flayn makes a good Byleth adjutant. So maybe not.

5 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

Is it possible to have Seteth not join the party in Azure Moon and Verdant Wind? I was checking fedatamine.com yesterday and I noticed Seteth can actually refuse to take part in Rhea's plan for Byleth in the story if these 3 criteria are met:

The player isn't in Silver Snow

Byleth & Seteth's C-Support has't been unlocked

Byleth & Flayn's C-Support has't been unlocked

Given how much stuff the game accounts for, I honestly believe this could be possible but since no one has reported on this before, I dunno if it's actually a thing that exists.

Apparently so; I was watching a 3H ironman, and the player lost Flayn in Ashe and Catherine's paralogue. When they got to chapter 12, Seteth did not join, leaving me confused as to wonder what precisely happened.

EDIT: Will the final boss in Azure Moon ever attack the same character twice in the same turn, even when there's only one character in range for them to attack?

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 9/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Apparently so; I was watching a 3H ironman, and the player lost Flayn in Ashe and Catherine's paralogue. When they got to chapter 12, Seteth did not join, leaving me confused as to wonder what precisely happened.

Really? Think you could provide a link of the Ironman?

On 9/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, Shadow Mir said:

EDIT: Will the final boss in Azure Moon ever attack the same character twice in the same turn, even when there's only one character in range for them to attack?

Only if the latter condition applies (as in, only 1 unit of yours is in her range).

1 hour ago, Moltz23 said:

Really? Think you could provide a link of the Ironman?

It's part 4 of the ironman in this thread:

1 hour ago, Moltz23 said:

Only if the latter condition applies (as in, only 1 unit of yours is in her range).

I see. Though given her wtfmassive range, odds are that won't be the case. Either way, thanks.