Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

20 hours ago, Barren said:

Another thing I wanted to know: assuming you do Dedue’s paralogue in part 1 before heading into part 2. He returns during the chapter 16 fight, will he have all the equipment and battalion with him as he had it before he left?

20 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

I believe he returns with all of those but his battalion, which is transferred to the convoy instead if you want someone else to use it while he's gone.

8 hours ago, Barren said:

Hmm. I’ll have to test that part out when I get there. Keeping note on what battalion I equip for him would also help.

I just so happen to have a file around that part, and I can say with certainty that Dedue does keep whatever weapons and items he had on him beforehand (restored to max durability, too), but his battalion does not remain equipped.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I just so happen to have a file around that part, and I can say with certainty that Dedue does keep whatever weapons and items he had on him beforehand (restored to max durability, too), but his battalion does not remain equipped.

Thank you very much, that is good note. I was wondering what the case was with that.

Does anyone here know of a comprehensive list for battalion availability? Stuff like route exclusivity, whether you can get one through a paralogue/quest/recruitment, if/when you can buy them? I'm interested in a project to evaluate battalions, and this would be a vital resource.

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Does anyone here know of a comprehensive list for battalion availability? Stuff like route exclusivity, whether you can get one through a paralogue/quest/recruitment, if/when you can buy them? I'm interested in a project to evaluate battalions, and this would be a vital resource.

I have a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet of all the available battalions at home. If you want I can upload it in a follow up post for later on.

20 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

At the very least, the Fire Emblem Wiki lists which battalions can be purchased on the Battalion Guild depending on the route. Also, every battalion the game has is listed on the site as well and all should have their respective locations/availability mentioned.

9 hours ago, Moltz23 said:

At the very least, the Fire Emblem Wiki lists which battalions can be purchased on the Battalion Guild depending on the route. Also, every battalion the game has is listed on the site as well and all should have their respective locations/availability mentioned.

Good catch! That Garreg Mach page is insanely detailed. And yeah, it looks like with enough effort, all the listed locations could be compiled into a single resource. Assuming they're all correct and comprehensive, that is.

9 hours ago, Barren said:

I have a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet of all the available battalions at home. If you want I can upload it in a follow up post for later on.

That sounds like a great resource! Does it include when and where each battalion can be obtained? That's the main thing I'm looking for right now. Up to you, either way, if you'd like to post it.

35 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Good catch! That Garreg Mach page is insanely detailed. And yeah, it looks like with enough effort, all the listed locations could be compiled into a single resource. Assuming they're all correct and comprehensive, that is.

That sounds like a great resource! Does it include when and where each battalion can be obtained? That's the main thing I'm looking for right now. Up to you, either way, if you'd like to post it.

As far as that it has the max stats when fully leveled up. But I can certainly include it in a text document as well

When should I start the dlc route? (My main route is the Blue Lions.)

15 hours ago, Lyn said:

The DLC is a side story, and can be initiated from the main menu. Though I don't know whether you plan to play the game more than once...

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Lyn said:

I would suggest not playing it until you've beaten the game at least once. In light of the challenge level, and some of the story details it grazes on. That said, if you're only planning to play the game through once, then I'd say, do the DLC Campaign before you reach Chapter 12 in the main game.

So, during chapter 13 on AM things went a bit sideway and as a result Ashe, who I didn´t use in this run and Gilbert both met their end at the hand of enemies I accidentally aggroed. Now, you might be able to guess where this is going from my post about Annette, since I would very much like to get her personal weapon, however Gilbert does not appear amongst my units that I can train or even just artificially raise support via the Wayseer or w/e it´s called. He is however still in the monastery, appears as a blue dot, implying he´s a player unit and he still continues to give me quests every now and then.

Does the game just treat him as an NPC upon death or did I miss something?

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Does the game just treat him as an NPC upon death or did I miss something?

Every route has at least one unit who can "die, but survive in canon". Such as Hubert on CF, Hilda on VW, and Seteth on SS. Gilbert is this for AM. Gameplay-wise he's dead, but he still lives on as an NPC. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this makes Annette's paralogue inaccessible. 

Once again, chapter 13 ruins people's lives.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Every route has at least one unit who can "die, but survive in canon". Such as Hubert on CF, Hilda on VW, and Seteth on SS. Gilbert is this for AM. Gameplay-wise he's dead, but he still lives on as an NPC. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this makes Annette's paralogue inaccessible. 

STORY GAMEPLAY INTEGRATION HELL YEAH!!!!

Yeah it’ll definitely be inaccessible because it needs a C support between Annette and Gilbert to unlock.

Puts a whole new spin on “deadbeat dad” though.

11 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Once again, chapter 13 ruins people's lives.

I guess there really is something to those superstitions about 13 being an unlucky number... But, if I may be honest, you aren't missing out on much, given that the relic gated behind it is pretty lousy.