Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

What does that thing at the bottom mean? I made Catherine into a Falcon Knight, but I wanted to switch her back to swordmaster, and I just noticed it. Also is it best to leave her as a swordmaster or keep her as a falcon knight? Thanks!

f4id6b.jpg

My Catherine was a sword master all game and did her job just fine for me. She blew things up when I needed her to. She'll lose class abilities of swordmaster, but extra movement is always a big plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the stat max +5 for the Saint Statues raise stat caps for everyone, right? just seems weird, considering how the massive stat caps i've seen are (86 magic for Lysithea!) and can't imagine ever capping them out. is it actually feasible to get that high? 

oh and @Owain Dark, the Saint Cethleann statue gives you bonus to class exp if you upgrade it

Edited by wizzard of soz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when is the best time to Class change a unit? Should I have my units mastering the beginning classes, or move on for the better eventual skills and stat growths?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

So, when is the best time to Class change a unit? Should I have my units mastering the beginning classes, or move on for the better eventual skills and stat growths?

it really depends on if you want the skills of the lower classes or not. also, since promoting in this game is Echoes style with stat boosts (puts all your lower stats up to the class's base stats), it's better to promote early so you don't "waste a level up." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

So, when is the best time to Class change a unit? Should I have my units mastering the beginning classes, or move on for the better eventual skills and stat growths?

You can only equip so much abilities. Focus on the abilities you want. There's a list in the main site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the class change seals limited? And once again, does building affinity with Jeralt, Rhea and Sothis through picking the right choices have any ramifications later on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are the class change seals limited? And once again, does building affinity with Jeralt, Rhea and Sothis through picking the right choices have any ramifications later on?

Only dark seals are limited. With Rhea and Sothis, you can gain supports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've pretty much started alternating between exploring and battling on my off days.  I seem to be getting paralogues and quests faster than I can beat them with the two battles I get.  Is it possible to beat them all battling 50% of the time or will I miss some?

I'm also having trouble keeping up with the deluge of quests and paralogues. In the current month I've picked up four new ones to do, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should focus on paralogues over the quests or vice versa due to the fact I figure there'll be changes by the time skip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm that following a preset lesson plan (which your student requested) will boost their skill level growth? By how much and how long?

Edited by Jayvee94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'm also having trouble keeping up with the deluge of quests and paralogues. In the current month I've picked up four new ones to do, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should focus on paralogues over the quests or vice versa due to the fact I figure there'll be changes by the time skip.

i'd focus paralogues regardless. they give relics and  if not relics just good loot, quests basically only give renown which is good but not one of a kind. check the expiration date of the paralogues and quests, some of them only become unavailable months later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Only dark seals are limited. With Rhea and Sothis, you can gain supports

Okay then. How many Dark Seals are there? And what about Jeralt? Does anything change by giving the right answers in scenes where he's present?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Okay then. How many Dark Seals are there? And what about Jeralt? Does anything change by giving the right answers in scenes where he's present?

As far as I know, nothing changes with Jeralt. There are three Dark Seals minimum. The max varies between different paths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Can anyone confirm that following a preset lesson plan (which your student requested) will boost their skill level growth? By how much and how long?

I'm not sure it does anything? As far as I know itt's just a suggestion the game gives you about that character.

btw quoting important question before it gets lost

5 hours ago, Three Eyes said:

If multiple units A-support with one character, how does it determine who gets the paired ending with them?

I'd like to know that, too, before I get to the end. Even if we're not sure of the details, if people who've finished the game can share how it worked for them we could figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, timon said:

I'm not sure it does anything? As far as I know itt's just a suggestion the game gives you about that character.

 

Funny because your students request to change focus to which they are already studying.

Spoiler

Anyway, has anyone compiled the students' post-timeskip canon classes. Their models match the monastery model. For example: Petra's post-timeskip design matches her Assassin and Wyvern Lord models; Ignatz's matches his Sniper model, etc.

 

Edited by Jayvee94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 10:59 PM, SSbardock84 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In order to get the Church Route do I need to go to the Empire Capital with Edelgard first to be able to get the option of killing her? Or is that first part irrelevant to the choice of killing her?

 

from my understanding that route is default all you got to do is side with that character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Edelgard's route, I hear to access it you have to agree to go somewhere with her in chapter 11. I'm on that chapter now and she hasn't asked me to take her anywhere. Am I locked out of her route? I was planning on doing both Black Eagles routes concurrently but if I am locked to the Church route that's probably the only route I'm doing because I don't want to replay the school phase to try and get on Edelgard's route.

Also I heard you get a dancer by entering a competition. In chapter 9 Rhea mentioned that my class skipped out on some sort of competition before the ball, but I was never even given the chance to enter, unless it's on the schedule and not something that comes up as part of the story. Am I locked out of getting a dancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maimishou said:

Speaking of Edelgard's route, I hear to access it you have to agree to go somewhere with her in chapter 11. I'm on that chapter now and she hasn't asked me to take her anywhere. Am I locked out of her route? I was planning on doing both Black Eagles routes concurrently but if I am locked to the Church route that's probably the only route I'm doing because I don't want to replay the school phase to try and get on Edelgard's route.

Also I heard you get a dancer by entering a competition. In chapter 9 Rhea mentioned that my class skipped out on some sort of competition before the ball, but I was never even given the chance to enter, unless it's on the schedule and not something that comes up as part of the story. Am I locked out of getting a dancer?

You need to explore the monastery and speak to Edelgard in the entrance hall. And yes, you missed the competition by not doing the quest for it. A lot of important things only come up in the monastery, not in story cutscenes. So yeah, you're locked out of getting a dancer, and if you don't speak to Edelgard in the entrance hall by the end of the month (and/or don't have a C support with her) you will not be able to access her route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Funny because your students request to change focus to which they are already studying.

  Hide contents

Anyway, has anyone compiled the students' post-timeskip canon classes. Their models match the monastery model. For example: Petra's post-timeskip design matches her Assassin and Wyvern Lord models; Ignatz's matches his Sniper model, etc.

 

i figured it was just a small quality of life thing, so that you have the preset focus available to switch to and from instead of setting custom everytime you want to change out. you might be on to something though i haven't noticed any significant difference in gains

 

by observation, i thought the attack speed calculation was: speed - (weapon weight - [floor of str/4]), which seemed to hold true until i saw my 31 str 28 spd Cyril with iron axe has 23 AS. 28 - (7 - 7) != 23. guess there's a more complex formula, does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

You need to explore the monastery and speak to Edelgard in the entrance hall. And yes, you missed the competition by not doing the quest for it. A lot of important things only come up in the monastery, not in story cutscenes. So yeah, you're locked out of getting a dancer, and if you don't speak to Edelgard in the entrance hall by the end of the month (and/or don't have a C support with her) you will not be able to access her route. 

Ah, see I've only been doing quest that show up on the bulletin boards, though I've been ignoring all the ones asking for me to look for things/that seem like they may want me to fight, and I never saw any quest for the competition. Likewise, I was expecting a red quest for Edelgard like a lot of important quest are and I never saw that either. Guess I'll just be doing the one Church playthrough if I can't access her route. Like I have a C Support with her, I just missed out on speaking to her in the current chapter. EDIT: Actually my Switch died while I was exploring so I can still go with her.

Edited by Maimishou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I turn down a student from joining my class once, can I still recruit them later?

Reason is because Marianne wants to join my class but it's the very end of the month and I'd rather wait until next month so she'll join at a higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Florete said:

If I turn down a student from joining my class once, can I still recruit them later?

Reason is because Marianne wants to join my class but it's the very end of the month and I'd rather wait until next month so she'll join at a higher level.

You can recruit them later. I was in the same situation with Felix and Cyril, and I came back the next month and there were no issues with recruitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

by observation, i thought the attack speed calculation was: speed - (weapon weight - [floor of str/4]), which seemed to hold true until i saw my 31 str 28 spd Cyril with iron axe has 23 AS. 28 - (7 - 7) != 23. guess there's a more complex formula, does anyone know?

Pretty sure the way AS works is every five points of strength reduces total equipment weight by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!

I have been leveling Petra in swords and bow to make her an assassin (since she came to me herself and asked for it). But I have realized that she could be a better wyvern lord, is it too late to try to get this class? If it were possible to get it, what path would be the right one to follow? I've been thinking about myrmidon>brigand>wyvern rider>wyvern lord.

She is currently level 7 and has C+ on swords, D on bows, D on axes and E+ on spears on 8/17. I am playing on Hard difficulty.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Joseph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...