The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Just now, Moonlit Knight said:

I received Lúin from the paralogue when I just had Ingrid recruited on Golden Deer. It is possible you get it some other way through the story if you are playing Blue Lions.

no i am golden deer. If i missed it i missed it it's not a biggie.it's just puzzling how some people missed out on it. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at what level do the faculty members join? Do they all join at the same level or is there different requirements for each? Or is it a scaling thing where the level requirement increases with each new recruit? If you don't recruit them during the school phase, can you still recruit them during the war phase?

Apparently some people didn't get the Lance of Ruin from Sylvain's paralogue (for those who didn't get it in ch5), so I guess there's some other requirements for those relic rewards? Maybe you have to have a certain support rank with the character? btw I also didn't get Ingrid's lance, and I did that paralogue as BlackEagles with Ingrid borrowed for that month (but I did have a C rank with her, so maybe it's not that).

This is gonna be a weird, specific question but where do you get zanado fruit? I have a quest where I need to give someone 2 of these and I have been using the garden and planting different seeds but I can't seem to get any

For whatever reason, you can only see Master classes when you hit Prof C.
...Yes, Falcoknight is a Master class. If Ingrid wants to keep flying until she hits level 30, she'll have to stay on the same horse for a while. Or start training with axes. >.>

Edited by Technoweirdo

Okay, so since my previous question got buried let me rephrase and ask some more questions as well.

1. Which units from other Houses are the most story relevant for each path on each month?  I now know from other topics that you probably want Ashe for "June" and Sylvain for "July" (though if playing as a female Byleth he doesn't even need to be a temporary recruit, you can just have him for free xD), but I'd still like a list of the best units to grab (temporarily or otherwise) for each month.

2. Due to the way amiibo work, is there any reason I shouldn't just scan all of them at once for the music, since the "premium items" regenerate each month anyway?

3 hours ago, timon said:

Apparently some people didn't get the Lance of Ruin from Sylvain's paralogue (for those who didn't get it in ch5), so I guess there's some other requirements for those relic rewards? Maybe you have to have a certain support rank with the character? btw I also didn't get Ingrid's lance, and I did that paralogue as BlackEagles with Ingrid borrowed for that month (but I did have a C rank with her, so maybe it's not that).

that is really weird if that's so. 

6 hours ago, Dämonplay said:

Ahhh thank you very much! I expected that but after the game chose automatically for the conversation atop the goddess tower on the day of the ball I wanted to be sure. 

I'm pretty sure the game doesn't always choose automatically. There's an NPC (The Gatekeeper maybe?) who asks who you'd like to see at the Goddess Tower on the day of the ball and you can pick from a list. I chose Petra and that's exactly who I ran into. Maybe it only chooses who you run into automatically if you don't talk to that NPC?

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

now i am stumped again lol

I'd hazard a guess that you'd need Ingrid recruited to gain the lance. I didn't get it on BE with just Dorothea recruited, but I'm doing a BL route now so we'll see

5 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

So at what level do the faculty members join? Do they all join at the same level or is there different requirements for each? Or is it a scaling thing where the level requirement increases with each new recruit? If you don't recruit them during the school phase, can you still recruit them during the war phase?

Their levels scale at the same rate as the students from other houses and increase each chapter.

5 hours ago, timon said:

“Borrowing” the character is not sufficient - you need to actually recruit the character who gets the Holy relic to get it (the other character doesn’t even have to be borrowed to unlock the paralogue if it’s pre-skip).

4 hours ago, Flipz said:

Okay, so since my previous question got buried let me rephrase and ask some more questions as well.

1. Which units from other Houses are the most story relevant for each path on each month?  I now know from other topics that you probably want Ashe for "June" and Sylvain for "July" (though if playing as a female Byleth he doesn't even need to be a temporary recruit, you can just have him for free xD), but I'd still like a list of the best units to grab (temporarily or otherwise) for each month.

That’s pretty much it. After that, the enemies get more generic to everybody and less personal.

3 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I'm curious, how many shared chapters are there (if any) between the different routes? Not counting the first 12, of course

The first post-skip chapter is always the same. There is also one more fight between the three countries that appears on all routes which was featured in the E3 trailer. Beyond that, some maps may be used multiple times across routes, but the circumstances will be different as each story branches out radically differently.

1 hour ago, wonchwonch said:

What determines paired endings? Is it the first A support you do or is it the person at the top of closest allies list?

You will have the ability to choose Byleth’s S-support ending at the end of the game. Everyone else will go by whoever is their top “close ally” on the roster page (which is just a tracker of who you have the most support points with) in some order of priority that has yet to be worked out.

Does magic ignore evade boosts from terrain in this game? Also, are there any paralogues that stand out as being particularly terrible?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Does magic ignore evade boosts from terrain in this game? Also, are there any paralogues that stand out as being particularly terrible?

Yes. From my experience, the worst paralogues involve fog of war (Ashe/Catherine), high amounts of beast units (Sothis), siege tomes (Rhea), or all of the above (Marianne).

Not sure if anyone asked this before; I just finished the Golden Deer route and I

Spoiler

read on the FE wiki that Claude is the son of Nader and Judith, and the prince of Almyra.

I already guessed he was from Almyra based off the geography of Fódlan and the constant story hints, but my entire playthrough (for both BL and GD), I had no idea who Judith was, other than that she was the Hero of Daphnel. Same with Nader when he was introduced, other than that he was an Almyran general. Where is this info confirmed in the game? Not sure if I was somehow reading the story cutscenes too fast or what.

To be totally fair, I did get a lot of Claude's supports but skipped them to focus on finishing the game. Is it mentioned in a specific support?

4 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

You don't get it. I'm wondering what level you need Byleth to be in order to recruit them.

Its difficult to tell because there's just not enough info on the game yet so no one really knows the exact level needed to recruit them. All we know is that the requirements scale according to what chapter you are in the game and that the requirements are lowered depending on the support of the character.

If you want an anecdotal account then I'll say that on GD, I was able to recruit every neutral unit except for Gilbert, Alois, and Seteth (those didn't have an option) with a level 18 Byleth and no supports on the month you're assigned to go to Remire Village.

5 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

You don't get it. I'm wondering what level you need Byleth to be in order to recruit them.

I recruited Cyril the first time I was given the prompt, which was pretty early. Catherine and Shamir were both recruited at level 15. Manuela and Hanneman I think are recruited automatically if you ask them after the battle of the eagle and lion. I recruited Alois the first time I was given the prompt (in February). Seteth automatically joins you as part of the story (no need to recruit) if you are not on the true Black Eagles route. I don’t know about Gilbert since he’s only available on the Blue Lions route, and I haven’t done that one yet.

Does Swap really make you switch places with an enemy unit? Because that's what the site says, and I don't believe it because it was used to switch places with allies in other games.

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

I recruited Cyril the first time I was given the prompt, which was pretty early. Catherine and Shamir were both recruited at level 15. Manuela and Hanneman I think are recruited automatically if you ask them after the battle of the eagle and lion. I recruited Alois the first time I was given the prompt (in February). Seteth automatically joins you as part of the story (no need to recruit) if you are not on the true Black Eagles route. I don’t know about Gilbert since he’s only available on the Blue Lions route, and I haven’t done that one yet.

I believe it is impossible to recruit Catherine if you are on black eagles. I haven't finished yet, but I couldn't recruit her, and I tried pretty hard. It may (or may not) also be impossible to recruit Cyril, I also couldn't recruit him, but I didn't try super hard in his case.