Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I believe it is impossible to recruit Catherine if you are on black eagles. I haven't finished yet, but I couldn't recruit her, and I tried pretty hard. It may (or may not) also be impossible to recruit Cyril, I also couldn't recruit him, but I didn't try super hard in his case.

Yeah you can’t recruit Catherine or Cyril on the Eagles.

You also can’t get Gilbert unless you play Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can see, numerically, Blue Lions is the route to get the MOST characters, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the only ones you don't get are Edelgard, Hubert, and Claude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone researched how stats like Dex affect hit rates?

 
 
 
1
9 minutes ago, ArtistiquePrick said:

Can Cavaliers use Reason Magic or are they stuck using Lances, Swords and Bows?

Same goes for the Great Knight down the road. Are the Holy/Dark Knights the only mounted casters?

If a class doesn't mention being able to use magic, they can't. The only mounted casters are indeed Holy and Dark Knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know when you ask a student for help on a mission they don't level up, but I hear you can't trade with them either. So, if I asked Petra to be my dedicated thief, I wouldn't be able to keep what's in those chests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I know when you ask a student for help on a mission they don't level up, but I hear you can't trade with them either. So, if I asked Petra to be my dedicated thief, I wouldn't be able to keep what's in those chests?

Correct, you can't trade. I'm not sure how that would work, so try it at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

What is Judith's actual class? Does the Rapier has it's own animation?

Judith's class is Lord, and that sword animation is unique to the Lord class, not the Rapier. If you make Edelgard (and I assume also Dimitri and Claude) a Lord, they will use that same animation with all swords. 

Edited by Chaotix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I know when you ask a student for help on a mission they don't level up, but I hear you can't trade with them either. So, if I asked Petra to be my dedicated thief, I wouldn't be able to keep what's in those chests?

I think you would lose the items. It's possible they thought of that and put in one of two failsafes: she either won't open the chests at all or she will send them to your convoy when the map is cleared.

I wouldn't bet on those outcomes, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, De Geso said:

I think you would lose the items. It's possible they thought of that and put in one of two failsafes: she either won't open the chests at all or she will send them to your convoy when the map is cleared.

I wouldn't bet on those outcomes, though.

They send them to the convoy when helper students kill enemies with droppable items, so I'd be surprised if they didn't also send them to the convoy when helpers open a chest, too. (The first thing is a huge quality of life feature, since it happens with allies too. No more constant fear of losing droppables!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

They send them to the convoy when helper students kill enemies with droppable items, so I'd be surprised if they didn't also send them to the convoy when helpers open a chest, too. (The first thing is a huge quality of life feature, since it happens with allies too. No more constant fear of losing droppables!)

That's a big one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help explain the leveling, class-changing, and mastery progression beyond what is currently listed on the main page?

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-change/

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-abilities-arts/

I understand that the progression is to get to levels 5/10/20/30 and then to change to the best growth class available ASAP, but I am not sure what comes next. Stay in that class until the level cap? And then once you are at level cap (which is what?), you can go about mastering other classes?

Aside from the Master Ability, does mastering classes provide any other benefits to other classes? Would there be any benefit to mastering every class on a character?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, IBNobody said:

Can someone help explain the leveling, class-changing, and mastery progression beyond what is currently listed on the main page?

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-change/

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-abilities-arts/

I understand that the progression is to get to levels 5/10/20/30 and then to change to the best growth class available ASAP, but I am not sure what comes next. Stay in that class until the level cap? And then once you are at level cap (which is what?), you can go about mastering other classes?

Aside from the Master Ability, does mastering classes provide any other benefits to other classes? Would there be any benefit to mastering every class on a character?

-There's no class-specific level caps, you can keep your units in Noble/Commoner class all the way up to level 30 and beyond (though I wouldn't recommend it).

-Mastering a class gives you the Master Ability(s), but doesn't provide any other benefits. Since you can only have 5 abilities and 3 combat arts on a character at any given time, there's no point to mastering every class. Just master the ones that you want the skills from.

For that reason you might actually want to stay in a lower class to master it and unlock its ability even if you have a better class available. It's a trade-off and you have to decide if you'd rather have that ability or get the stat bonuses from the class sooner rather than later.

Once you've unlocked a class on a character you can change back and forth in between battles at no cost, so as long as you have money for Seals you can get as many certifications as you want or think you might use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen a chart tabling the amount of activity points you get for each professor level? Ideally for the instruction phase, exploration phase and battle phase (does that one even increase or is it permanently just set to one?).

The fifth instruction point I've just gotten seems mostly pointless because with eight students doesn't go into two sessions of five and I've just had to let two points go to waste which seems unavoidable without either exploring every week, or gaming the system really hard by timing support conversations and rigging the MVP awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Has anyone seen a chart tabling the amount of activity points you get for each professor level? Ideally for the instruction phase, exploration phase and battle phase (does that one even increase or is it permanently just set to one?).

The fifth instruction point I've just gotten seems mostly pointless because with eight students doesn't go into two sessions of five and I've just had to let two points go to waste which seems unavoidable without either exploring every week, or gaming the system really hard by timing support conversations and rigging the MVP awards.

I don’t know about a table, but the highest rank is A+, with 10 exploration points, 8 instruction points, and 3 battle points (I had 2 battle points for most of the game, which helped things considerably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 battle points must be at A+. I'm at A and still have 2. Definitely seems like the best thing to rank up for. That extra map is a solid chunk of xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to check your units class mastery EXP outside of the Board Certification menu?  I'm not seeing it anywhere when I click on the unit's profiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the numerical value, but you can see the progress bar when you open their profile along with their other skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaotix said:

-There's no class-specific level caps, you can keep your units in Noble/Commoner class all the way up to level 30 and beyond (though I wouldn't recommend it).

-Mastering a class gives you the Master Ability(s), but doesn't provide any other benefits. Since you can only have 5 abilities and 3 combat arts on a character at any given time, there's no point to mastering every class. Just master the ones that you want the skills from.

For that reason you might actually want to stay in a lower class to master it and unlock its ability even if you have a better class available. It's a trade-off and you have to decide if you'd rather have that ability or get the stat bonuses from the class sooner rather than later.

Once you've unlocked a class on a character you can change back and forth in between battles at no cost, so as long as you have money for Seals you can get as many certifications as you want or think you might use.

Thanks. That makes sense. For non-grinding, choose growth unless there's a really good ability.

I assume that the DLC wave 2 Auxiliary battle maps will allow fast grinding similar to the DLCs for previous titles. With grinding, it sounds like the optimal path would be to go for the best stat growth classes first and cap character level before switching back and mastering key classes for abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBNobody said:

Thanks. That makes sense. For non-grinding, choose growth unless there's a really good ability.

I assume that the DLC wave 2 Auxiliary battle maps will allow fast grinding similar to the DLCs for previous titles. With grinding, it sounds like the optimal path would be to go for the best stat growth classes first and cap character level before switching back and mastering key classes for abilities.

Once your professor level gets high, the amount of battles you can participate in when you choose battles for that weekend, you can fight 1 to 2 more maps (3 maps total from A+ Prof and 2 total from B or something). These provide a lot of xp to farm, but the dlc will also allow you to farm xp.

The growth rates between classes is honestly not that big. It's a change of like 5-15 % in total. The biggest things from class promotion are stat adjustments, skill proficiency, and MOVEMENT. Getting an extra 1 move may seem small, but movement is the most important stat in Fire Emblem. You get to more places faster, which enables more fights per turn and more meaningful actions per turn. I don't bother with class mastery most of the time. There are very few I find valuable and unless I'm on a auxiliary battle, I'd rather have the movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IBNobody said:

Can someone help explain the leveling, class-changing, and mastery progression beyond what is currently listed on the main page?

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-change/

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/class-abilities-arts/

I understand that the progression is to get to levels 5/10/20/30 and then to change to the best growth class available ASAP, but I am not sure what comes next. Stay in that class until the level cap? And then once you are at level cap (which is what?), you can go about mastering other classes?

Aside from the Master Ability, does mastering classes provide any other benefits to other classes? Would there be any benefit to mastering every class on a character?

I will just add that Lysithea’s personal ability ALSO doubles class exp growth, so it might be worth it to farm skills on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...