Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

Re-asking my unanswered question:

Is there a list of what level and class characters are when they are recruited? I know the level depends on what chapter you are on, and that the class follows the default classes for the recruited character, but is there a complete list somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Anyway, I've got a question of my own. For anyone who has a Dancer currently in their game, could you please please please test something for me? Can you see if Dancers can equip Gauntlets? Most pure-magic classes cannot equip Gauntlets, but Dancer is one of the few mixed classes. Like, I really need to know for my teambuilding purposes, and most of my previous questions about Gauntlet-Magic interaction got flat-out ignored.

Gauntlets were the main weapon of choice for my Dancer Felix in my last playthrough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Odang77 said:

Can confirm my dancer hilda happened to have guantlets in hwr inventory and i tested it they can definetly use them 

 

6 minutes ago, carpirate said:

Gauntlets were the main weapon of choice for my Dancer Felix in my last playthrough.

Oho ho...!

So now the question is: Dancer Bernadetta, or Dancer Hanneman? Whichever one doesn't become Dancer will have to master Swords just to become a Mortal Savant if they want to be a Muscle Wizard.

Hanneman would be funnier as a Dancer, but he's easier to make into a Mortal Savant than Bernie is (as he's already got sufficient Reason and can learn Swords faster than Bernadetta can).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

 

Oho ho...!

So now the question is: Dancer Bernadetta, or Dancer Hanneman? Whichever one doesn't become Dancer will have to master Swords just to become a Mortal Savant if they want to be a Muscle Wizard.

Hanneman would be funnier as a Dancer, but he's easier to make into a Mortal Savant than Bernie is (as he's already got sufficient Reason and can learn Swords faster than Bernadetta can).

I don't think it's possible to make Hanneman a Dancer, as far as I can tell it has to be a student (including recruited students and Flayn).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my first playthrough today (Black Eagles, Empire route), and decided to hop into NG+ and go with the Golden Deer House.

I feel like it's time to spice things up for my second run, and I wanna build everyone the opposite way of what their base-stats would suggest (turning Lysithea into a War Master for example).
How viable would this be? Is the game somewhat lenient and lets you experiment with different builds?
I know that Reclassing comes with Stat changes, but I'm not sure if I'd be screwed in the long run for trying something out of the ordinary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I'm going into new game+ now, if you want to promote a dark mage do you HAVE to kill the Dark Knight both times? The Dark Shop doesn't have them apparently. >_>

2. Is there a list of available classes changes somewhere, I don't see one on the main site, and it seems like once you pick a house you can't go back to the original roster page with everyone

3. How many story-altering paths are there? I did Black Eagles first, so I'm trying to see if the other houses also have two major forks like that or just one?

Edited by Tribute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tribute said:

1. I'm going into new game+ now, if you want to promote a dark mage do you HAVE to kill the Dark Knight both times? The Dark Shop doesn't have them apparently. >_>

2. Is there a list of available classes changes somewhere, I don't see one on the main site, and it seems like once you pick a house you can't go back to the original roster page with everyone

1. No, you can steal from him instead using a thief. The thief will need to have more speed than he does. Also, I believe the Dark Knight should be encountered at least 3 times in the main story, and I think once more in a paralogue.

2. I... don't understand? Class changes? What do you mean?

@soarta Well, strengths and weaknesses make a huge difference, somewhat more so than stats. Stats are mostly random, and are influenced by your class choice, so while you won't have ideal set ups, it's not impossible. Also, you can stat fix with greenhouse items. So I'd say your biggest challenge would be trying to teach your students things they're bad at, but for the most part, you can do what you want.

@SignificantMaybe There is not, because all characters level up over time, and gain knowledge in their skills as if you had perpetually chosen auto-instruct, so their stats will be different every single week.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

1. No, you can steal from him instead using a thief. The thief will need to have more speed than he does. Also, I believe the Dark Knight should be encountered at least 3 times in the main story, and I think once more in a paralogue.

The 3rd time I saw him he was Neutral. Unless I missed one. There was the first map where he never moves and you can dodge him and you're super underleveled, and the second time he came in near a fence in the bottom right and I blew him out with Edel + Killer Axe, third time he was neutral and showed up too late to do anything

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

2. I... don't understand? Class changes? What do you mean? 

 

Available classes for each character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tribute said:

The 3rd time I saw him he was Neutral. Unless I missed one. There was the first map where he never moves and you can dodge him and you're super underleveled, and the second time he came in near a fence in the bottom right and I blew him out with Edel + Killer Axe, third time he was neutral and showed up too late to do anything

 

Available classes for each character.

1. On the true Black Eagles path, you only face him three times. On the other paths, you face him . . . a whole lot more than that.

2. Except for Byleth and the Lord’s exclusive classes (and Dancer), anyone can be anything that their gender allows them to be.

3. The Black Eagles is the only path that has a major shift. You can only change some minor details in the others.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonlit Knight said:

1. On the true Black Eagles path, you only face him twice. On the other paths, you face him . . . a whole lot more than that.

2. Except for Byleth and the Lord’s exclusive classes (and Dancer), anyone can be anything that their gender allows them to be.

3. The Black Eagles is the only path that has a major shift. You can only change some minor details in the others.

Ooooooh. Brawler is male only, then.

That sucks.

Edited by Tribute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're Black Eagles, can you not interact with Hilda at all? I have 3 lost items I want to give her, but I don't have the option available to me. My last cleared chapter is chapter 9, so if the explanation would spoil anything a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, De Geso said:

If you're Black Eagles, can you not interact with Hilda at all? I have 3 lost items I want to give her, but I don't have the option available to me. My last cleared chapter is chapter 9, so if the explanation would spoil anything a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

You can interact with her in certain circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaotix said:

I don't think it's possible to make Hanneman a Dancer, as far as I can tell it has to be a student (including recruited students and Flayn).

...Goddamn, first the game makes it nearly impossible to equip Gauntlets and Magic together, then it forbids me from having Hanneman come out on the battlefield in an afro and vintage disco suit to style all over everyone to Shake Your Groove Thing.

It's like the game is actively conspiring against every stupid thing I want to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Are Advanced and Master Seals unlock by getting a character to a certain level?

I found that advanced seals weren't available in shops until I reached a certain point in the story. None of my characters were at level 20 when the seals were available to buy, iirc.

Edited by De Geso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Forgot one thing - does your birthday have an effect on gameplay ie strength/weakness etc like it has in previous games?

No, there's a small treat when your birthday rolls around, but nothing worth "minmaxing" the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

1. On the true Black Eagles path, you only face him twice. On the other paths, you face him . . . a whole lot more than that.

You definitely fight him at least 3 times on the true Black Eagle Path.

Spoiler

Once when you're pursuing Flayn, the second time when you're on the map with all the warp tiles, and the third time when you're in Ramire village

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, I may have missed one.

@De Geso You can have tea with her starting in... chapter 8, I believe.

She CAN be recruited in all paths except for one of the black eagles branches, but multiple people have reported her recruitment as being a little buggy. It is possible to raise support with her normally in all paths as well, through meals and other activities. At least through her B support does not seem to have any time constraints.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

You definitely fight him at least 3 times on the true Black Eagle Path.

  Hide contents

Once when you're pursuing Flayn, the second time when you're on the map with all the warp tiles, and the third time when you're in Ramire village

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, I may have missed one.

@De Geso You can have tea with her starting in... chapter 8, I believe.

She CAN be recruited in all paths except for one of the black eagles branches, but multiple people have reported her recruitment as being a little buggy. It is possible to raise support with her normally in all paths as well, through meals and other activities. At least through her B support does not seem to have any time constraints.

The map with the warp tiles had him retreat to be replaced with another boss when you get close - was that a time trigger that can be rushed down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Dimitri automatically gains his relic in the story he does not have it at the start of act 2

Sorry, I assumed since Claude does automatically start with his (and I believe Edelgard does as well).

3 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

You definitely fight him at least 3 times on the true Black Eagle Path.

  Reveal hidden contents

Once when you're pursuing Flayn, the second time when you're on the map with all the warp tiles, and the third time when you're in Ramire village

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, I may have missed one.

@De Geso You can have tea with her starting in... chapter 8, I believe.

She CAN be recruited in all paths except for one of the black eagles branches, but multiple people have reported her recruitment as being a little buggy. It is possible to raise support with her normally in all paths as well, through meals and other activities. At least through her B support does not seem to have any time constraints.

Sorry, I forgot Chapter 6.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I answered my own question because I had bad level up and restarted my BL playthrough.  Even with completing Lorenz's paralogue he does not show up at the school in the first 2 chapters of part 2.  I will have to see if he shows up later.  On the other hand I recruited every student sans house leaders and Hubert.  Feels good since I plan to take a break from the game once I complete my first playthrough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Are either of Dimitri’s unique classes mounted? What skills are his classes proficient in? I want to know so I can decide whether putting him into Cavalier -> Paladin is worth it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, carpirate said:
  Hide contents

Are either of Dimitri’s unique classes mounted? What skills are his classes proficient in? I want to know so I can decide whether putting him into Cavalier -> Paladin is worth it.

 

Spoiler

His unique class is infantry with proficiency in lance and authority 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, carpirate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are either of Dimitri’s unique classes mounted? What skills are his classes proficient in? I want to know so I can decide whether putting him into Cavalier -> Paladin is worth it. Baffling implementation in FEH.

 

 

Nope, it's Sword, Lance and Authority for both his High Lord and Great Lord promotions.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...