Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

Can someone explain me how the support with Rhea works, please? I’m in BL, chapter 11 and I tried to reach the level B with her but guess it was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Can someone explain me how the support with Rhea works, please? I’m in BL, chapter 11 and I tried to reach the level B with her but guess it was too late.

Just parroting the "time-locked supports" thread:

" Byleth x Rhea- C and B must be obtained before the end of Chapter 9; A can only be obtained in Chapters 11 or 12 (????) "

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hope they nerf FEH trainees in the same way then.

If it stops the powercreep, I'd be for it.

Before knowing what Cyril's growths were, I remember training him and wondering why I was only getting 2-3 stat up level ups.

Edited by Rezzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes! I get to A rank with someone, and S is highlighted in blue as though I can proceed to get to S-rank, but the option to view the conversation isn't coming up. I just got to the time skip. Did I accidentally S-rank already? Do you reach S-rank by reaching A-rank with someone who you can potentially S-rank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yikes! I get to A rank with someone, and S is highlighted in blue as though I can proceed to get to S-rank, but the option to view the conversation isn't coming up. I just got to the time skip. Did I accidentally S-rank already? Do you reach S-rank by reaching A-rank with someone who you can potentially S-rank?

You choose the S-rank at the very end of the game, impossible to do accidentally.

It literally is a list that is presented to you out of all eligible bachelor(ette)s you've A-ranked, and you just pick the one you want.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

You choose the S-rank at the very end of the game, impossible to do accidentally.

It literally is a list that is presented to you out of all eligible bachelor(ette)s you've A-ranked, and you just pick the one you want.

I see. Thanks! That's a load off my mind. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

What did Cyril do to deserve those horrible growth rates?  20% Aptitude just puts him on par with other units, but costs him his personal skill.

He got some actually workable bases for once, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoilers for crimson flower ending

edit: Answered, thank you!

Spoiler

People keep saying Edelgard gives up the throne peacefully eventually, but every ending I’ve read does not support this. Where are people getting this idea from? 

 

Edited by Brimney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brimney said:

Spoilers for crimson flower ending

  Reveal hidden contents

People keep saying Edelgard gives up the throne peacefully eventually, but every ending I’ve read does not support this. Where are people getting this idea from? 

 

Spoiler

She explicitly leaves only in her solo ending and with Hubert, I'm not sure if the others hint at it (I'm sure that she stays emperor if she ends with Byleth, and he becomes co-ruler as well).

Also I'm trying to collect Battallions, but I can't find Essar Research Group and Empire Youths, anyone know where to get those?

(btw it's really annoying that they give me duplicates in NG+, sorting through them to sell is hell, UI is not at its best there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She explicitly leaves only in her solo ending and with Hubert, I'm not sure if the others hint at it (I'm sure that she stays emperor if she ends with Byleth, and he becomes co-ruler as well).

Also I'm trying to collect Battallions, but I can't find Essar Research Group and Empire Youths, anyone know where to get those?

(btw it's really annoying that they give me duplicates in NG+, sorting through them to sell is hell, UI is not at its best there)

If I remember correctly, I got the Empire Youths in a paralogue for post-timeskip Black Eagles, but I forget whose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@timon Can't remember where I got them from, but I have Empire Youths and I'm still pre-timeskip Golden Deer.

 

EDIT: Oh, the wiki claims it's simply the chapter 10 story mission reward.

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone investigated the exp formula in this game yet? Do you still get less exp if your own level is higher, or does the fact that it now takes increasing exp to gain levels take care of that instead? And what is the pattern for the exp needed to level up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@timonThe Essar research battalion is from the online Liason, doing the recon quests with online travelers. You can do this for free in explore, and after doing it for several weeks (I want to say 6-8) you rewarded with that battalion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, De Geso said:

If I remember correctly, I got the Empire Youths in a paralogue for post-timeskip Black Eagles, but I forget whose.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Oh, the wiki claims it's simply the chapter 10 story mission reward.

Thank you

18 minutes ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

@timonThe Essar research battalion is from the online Liason, doing the recon quests with online travelers. You can do this for free in explore, and after doing it for several weeks (I want to say 6-8) you rewarded with that battalion. 

Well RIP, I don't have online (nor intend to get it), but thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the sidequests regarding a two-toned whetstone mutually exclusive in the same vein as some Xenoblade Chronicles sidequests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are the sidequests regarding a two-toned whetstone mutually exclusive in the same vein as some Xenoblade Chronicles sidequests?

Never played Xenoblade, but you can only give the whetstone to (and receive the rewards from) one of the two askers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0 Def Cleric said:

Never played Xenoblade, but you can only give the whetstone to (and receive the rewards from) one of the two askers.

Figures. That's the same stuff Xenoblade pulled with some of its many sidequests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EdeaCreamer said:

Does Claude have Riding talent?  The info on the site seems to indicate he's neutral but I could've sworn he's strong in that area.

I just checked, and he is strong in Riding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

Couple of questions: 

1) What do the three green, two yellow or one red arrow mean next to your HP? 

2) At the beginning of my turn, sometimes I receive random HP boosts to some characters. I can't seem to figure out the puzzle of who they need to stand next two or what they need to do to get this HP boost. Any ideas? 

3) I still struggle what to do on free days. I enjoy the battles and generally dislike socializing/story-line. Is doing battles each free day the right thing to do? Any other suggestions of things to do on free days? 

Thanks!! Hope everyone is enjoying the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chcman said:

1) What do the three green, two yellow or one red arrow mean next to your HP? 

That's your battalion's health. As a unit with a battalion takes damage,  their battalion loses endurance as well. You can replenish battalions at the battalion guild.

1 hour ago, chcman said:

2) At the beginning of my turn, sometimes I receive random HP boosts to some characters. I can't seem to figure out the puzzle of who they need to stand next two or what they need to do to get this HP boost. Any ideas? 

It could be one of several things:

  • An ability
  • Dorothea's personal ability (if you either are leading the Black Eagles or recruited her if not)
  • An accessory
  • Terrain effects
1 hour ago, chcman said:

3) I still struggle what to do on free days. I enjoy the battles and generally dislike socializing/story-line. Is doing battles each free day the right thing to do? Any other suggestions of things to do on free days? 

Personally, I find myself exploring most of the time because I have to motivate my students. Though once you get far enough, paralogues show up. Those tend to have neat rewards, but they will expire eventually.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chcman said:

2) At the beginning of my turn, sometimes I receive random HP boosts to some characters. I can't seem to figure out the puzzle of who they need to stand next two or what they need to do to get this HP boost. Any ideas? 

To expand on the above, the relevant personal skills are Dorothea, who heals adjacent allies; Raphael, who randomly heals himself based on his luck stat; Marianne, who heals herself if adjacent to a mounted unit, and Linhardt, who heals himself if he doesn't take an action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that have beaten the game,  do paired endings provide more story depth than S supports? I don't really care about the romance aspect much (at least with Byleth) and I would hate to stop a character from doing something interesting just so they can conveniently love me but at the same time I would assume paired endings are just text not a full support and that unlike supports they don't store in a log so I can't decide which would be better. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, Modirufa6317 said:

Sorry to ask again, but can anyone confirm if enemy miracle abilities are guaranted to proc, unlike the player?

They're not guaranteed. Specifics for my experience contain minor spoilers for Leonie and Linhardt's paralogue.

Spoiler

The boss has multiple health bars and gets Miracle when it has 2 bars left, so I think it should be able to activate twice, but it never did. That being said, it was stunned when it could have activated the first time, and I don't know if that would have affected it. It wasn't stunned when I took down its last bar, though, so nothing should have interfered with that activation chance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...