The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

I’m playing Blue Lions route. Is it possible to unlock support conversations with Claude pretimeskip? I know you can have meals with him but didn’t want to waste a slot on him at mealtime if it can’t unlock supports. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’m playing Blue Lions route. Is it possible to unlock support conversations with Claude pretimeskip? I know you can have meals with him but didn’t want to waste a slot on him at mealtime if it can’t unlock supports. 

Nope. If the character doesn't appear in the support list, then you either need to recruit them, or it's impossible on that route.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Does anybody remember the quantity of divine pulses you get? I know you start with three, but how many do you earn from the Sothis paralogue and statues?

I believe it's +3 from the paralogue, +3 from chapter 10, and +1 per statue, for a total of 13. A pretty excessive amount but there you go.

27 minutes ago, Tables said:

I believe it's +3 from the paralogue, +3 from chapter 10, and +1 per statue, for a total of 13. A pretty excessive amount but there you go.

I see, I did not remember gaining some from chapter 10, thank you.

12 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

To be fair its pretty obvious that you'll need to take them there from just hovering the cursor over the Opera House since it'll go out of it's way to mention Manuela and Dorothea as having some special connection to it. Same thing with the Church on the same chapter mentioning Seteth and Flayn.

Oh. Well, that's nice, considering that the game withholds some other important-ish info from us (like the fact that some supports are time-locked, for example. Or how to spare certain characters after the timeskip).

Also, are the Crescent Sickles dropped by the enemy Cavaliers accompanying the Death Knight in chapter 8 the only ones you get in the game?

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, are the Crescent Sickles dropped by the enemy Cavaliers accompanying the Death Knight in chapter 8 the only ones you get in the game?

There should be some in the last battle pre-timeskip.

Spoiler

Maybe except for the Pro-Edel route.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, are the Crescent Sickles dropped by the enemy Cavaliers accompanying the Death Knight in chapter 8 the only ones you get in the game

I got another one in Blue Lions timeskip where they fight thieves (first map)

Crescent Sickles are useless imo, I prefer Silver Lances for less WT and more MT

Edited by charcoalswift

35 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

I got another one in Blue Lions timeskip where they fight thieves (first map)

Crescent Sickles are useless imo, I prefer Silver Lances for less WT and more MT 

Same thing applies to Golden Deer timeskip iirc.

They're not entirely useless. They are ok for spamming combat arts since regular lances have little durability. I know a lot of my early and part of mid game money went into constantly repairing lances before deciding that those units should take on a secondary weapon to avoid durability issues.

Crescent Sickles are a lot closer to Steel than Silver even. They essentially disposable weapons because the cost to refine and repair them is extortionate and in no way reflects their relative power.

Crescent Sickle: 10mt, 80 hit, 12wt, 50 uses
Crescent Sickle+: 11mt, 80 hit, 10 crit, 12 hit, 55 uses
Refine cost: 6 Agarthium, 3000 gold.
Repair cost: 2 Agarthium, 2500 gold. Add 50% if refined.

That's insane. No one would ever use it in any form other than it's plain, unforged one. Problem is, by that stage of the game you can probably outfit anyone relevant with at least a Steel Lance+ instead which costs only gold and has 11mt, more than the Sickle at base (and absurdly, the same as the refined sickle).

10 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

How is Attack Speed calculated in this game?

Spd - [Effective Weight]

Where [Effective Weight] = [Wt of equipped items] - FLOOR(Str / 5) - [Weight reducing bonuses from skills]. Minimum value of 0.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

They're not entirely useless. They are ok for spamming combat arts since regular lances have little durability. I know a lot of my early and part of mid game money went into constantly repairing lances before deciding that those units should take on a secondary weapon to avoid durability issues.

I still have 100,000 gold after buying all stat boosters at Anna's shop

More than enough money to get tons of silver lances. Yeah you have a point about spamming combat arts or Tempest Lance to be exact but most of the time I kill enemies by doubling them

I normally give my units a forged iron when not using silver so that I don't waste their uses

Edited by charcoalswift

I’m playing Edelgard’s route.

I don’t like recruiting students from other houses, because I prefer to fight them after the timeskip (yeah, cruel, but I like the colour it adds to the maps!)

is there a list anywhere of students/faculty who just don’t show up post-timeskip in Edelgard’s route? So I know they can be safely recruited?

Spoiler

I’m assuming, unlike other playthroughs, I shouldn’t recruit Alois or Shamir because I might get to fight them? But should I recruit Manuela/Hannerman - will they just disappear post timeskip if I don’t?

1 hour ago, Noonsal said:

I’m playing Edelgard’s route.

I don’t like recruiting students from other houses, because I prefer to fight them after the timeskip (yeah, cruel, but I like the colour it adds to the maps!)

is there a list anywhere of students/faculty who just don’t show up post-timeskip in Edelgard’s route? So I know they can be safely recruited?

Hide contents

I’m assuming, unlike other playthroughs, I shouldn’t recruit Alois or Shamir because I might get to fight them? But should I recruit Manuela/Hannerman - will they just disappear post timeskip if I don’t?

Spoiler

Marianne, Lorenz and Raphael + Hanneman and Manuela are never faced. Everyone else will appear.

Hi guys, I will start hard mode on the black eagle route, I need tips for grinding since now the battles cost 1 point.

Also once I beat the final level I can repeat it after the credits roll?  Similar like in awakening and fates? 

Edited by Sieghart

5 minutes ago, Brave Lance said:

I'm not receiving the Aegis Shield when I complete Felix's paralogue. Is there a specific objective that I need to complete or a support level that I need to have? 

Pretty sure the villagers all have to survive.

Spoilery question

Spoiler

I've been playing around on chapter 17 to see Edelgard burning Bernadetta so I can like her even more, but I can't seem to trigger the event. Does someone know how it works? I tried killing Edelgard first and killing Bernie first, I also tried approaching the wooden platform without killing Bernie, but nothing actually works. Is it even possible to trigger it while Bernadetta's still alive?

For timon:

Spoiler

Edelgard NEVER kills Bernadetta it seems. If you sneak around the hill on the left side she will set the hill on fire, but not Bernadettas field. Every field EXCEPT Bernadettas field will be on fire, sho she will still survive, that's what I could trigger at least

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is there a recommended route to go to after finishing GD? I wanted to go church route next but I heard it's almost entirely identical to GD so I'm skeptical of doing that right away.

Probably BE-E or BL, and I would say BL would be the better of the two as I've heard the BE-E route is best played last from a few people.

Edited by De Geso

I'm getting close to finishing Golden Deer as well and I have a similar question. I'll probably be doing Blue Lions next which puts me doing both Black Eagles routes back to back. Should I save before the route split and start both routes from the same point or are the maps/enemies different enough that I might want to class students differently? Also what chapter is the split so I know when to save?