The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

3 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

About class changing, is there an easier way to view class experience other than going to Certifications? Most of my units hover around lv 10 and I want to promote them but the beginner classes have some nice skills I want them to learn.

You can also see it from the Reclass menu. Not massively intuitive still but at least it's accessible from most anywhere.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

You can also see it from the Reclass menu. Not massively intuitive still but at least it's accessible from most anywhere.

Didn't know that you can actually click on them. Thanks.

So I was browsing the class abilities and arts page on the main site and I was wondering, does a unit learn both the mastered ability and art once they've maxed out their class experience or is there something else I have to do?  

Can we also use the class changing seals during the map (outside of the Certifications)? Haven't tried it yet but I assume we can since it's an item. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 minute ago, Flying Shogi said:

Didn't know that you can actually click on them. Thanks.

So I was browsing the class abilities and arts page on the main site and I was wondering, does a unit learn both the mastered ability and art once they've maxed out their class experience or is there something else I have to do?  

Yeah- the class mastery will be under combat arts. so once you master it go to inventory -->> combat arts, and you can pick and choose what you want to use.

21 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Can we also use the class changing seals during the map (outside of the Certifications)? Haven't tried it yet but I assume we can since it's an item. 

No, the seals can't be used outside the Certifications menu.

47 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Yeah- the class mastery will be under combat arts. so once you master it go to inventory -->> combat arts, and you can pick and choose what you want to use.

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

No, the seals can't be used outside the Certifications menu.

Thanks! Good thing I asked before entering a map in case I wanted to promote them before getting the skills I want.

I just discovered you can change a unit back to classes they've been in before. Neat.

8 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Thanks! Good thing I asked before entering a map in case I wanted to promote them before getting the skills I want.

I just discovered you can change a unit back to classes they've been in before. Neat.

yeah - i have

Flight Classes.  and well Non Flight Classes. for example:
Leonie is still a cavalier - Ferdinand is a Hero, Byleth is a Swordmaster. so i mix and choose. (also depending on growths. right now Ingrid is still like 14 strength but has like 40 speed LOL she needs some Tender Loving Mercenary Swordtime). 

I didn't want to double post - 
But i was wondering how exactly do you get to S+ rank. I've been seeing this a lot on my Online Visitors, but i mean if i want to have someone do well with say Authority or other exams stuff - how do you focus on like the 1 skill?)  I'd love to get Ingrid to S+ rank in lances and flying. Felix tends to get to S but never S+. 

Edited by daisy jane

Is the bug on Silver Maiden paralogue actually a thing? I've seen contradicting reports. (saving in preparations supposedly crashes the game or even breaks the savefile?)

btw on masteries @daisy jane mastered combat arts (astra, assassinate, hunter's) aren't actually unlocked, they're exclusive to the class and they occupy an extra slot (like relic's arts), so you can't equip them (can't use them outside of swordm/assassin/sniper).

Hey everyone, I'm still on my first playthrough but I know how NG+ works. My question is about the way carrying over your data works in regards to rankings should you make a third file after your NG+ file. Example: I reach support rank A with Edelgard in my first playthrough, thereby allowing me to buy up to that rank using renown in my NG+ file. If I were to NOT reach/buy that rank in NG+, would I still have the option in my third playthrough? Or would it revert to whatever rank I DO achieve in NG+?

Obviously this extends to anything that you have to achieve in your first playthrough to buy in NG+ (Professor rank, skill ranks, etc.)

Thanks!

Wilson MH

Something that's bugging me for a while in this page: https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/miscellaneous/linked-attacks-gambit-boost/

Bernadetta X Marianne

Hilda X Dorothea

Both of these pairs do NOT have support levels, but for some reason they are classified as "Certain Allies". Is there an unlockable support with these pairs I am unaware of, or is the MT boost present in the code but their supports not implemented? (Or maybe even a last minute cut to the supports?)

2 hours ago, May B. said:

I just want to confirm...

The 'easiest' way to recruit Ferdinand pre timeskip would be D+ heavy armor and his C support, right?

C+ support, which is just C-and-a-bit. You can check if you've reached C+ by selecting him in the dining or choir menus. (It doesn't give any extra dialogue or anything, just means you've built some extra points past C)

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I got ignored when asking this, so...

Who must be spared to get them back after the time skip, and what must I do to be able to do so?

I'm not sure what you mean by "must be spared", but everyone you recruited just stays with you from day one. Everyone you didn't recruit in school you just can't get (one exception, see end of post).

There are two exceptions to that, in BL you lose Lorenz and in GD you lose Ashe. You lose both in the Church route. To get them back just kill them when you're up against them and you'll have the option to convince them to join. Again, that's not a recruitment, you only have the option to get them back if you got them as students.
(to be fair there's also Dedue who leaves you, but that's for story reasons)

As for sparing, there are a few selected occasions where killing with Byleth or maybe your lord give the option to spare. It's not like they give anything though, just a bit of extra dialogue.

Notable exception to all of this, you can actually recruit Lysithea out of the blue in Edelgard's route when you defeat her. No requirements whatsoever.

Edited by timon

15 minutes ago, timon said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "must be spared", but everyone you recruited just stays with you from day one. Everyone you didn't recruit in school you just can't get (one exception, see end of post).

There are two exceptions to that, in BL you lose Lorenz and in GD you lose Ashe. You lose both in the Church route. To get them back just kill them when you're up against them and you'll have the option to convince them to join. Again, that's not a recruitment, you only have the option to get them back if you got them as students.
(to be fair there's also Dedue who leaves you, but that's for story reasons)

As for sparing, there are a few selected occasions where killing with Byleth or maybe your lord give the option to spare. It's not like they give anything though, just a bit of extra dialogue.

Notable exception to all of this, you can actually recruit Lysithea out of the blue in Edelgard's route when you defeat her. No requirements whatsoever.

That's what I meant - I was under the impression some of the students came back as enemies in the second part regardless of whether you had recruited them in the first part. And I know that Dedue requires clearing his paralogue to get back later on down the road. In any instance, it's just those three. That's nice to know. Though I must ask, do I have to defeat them with Byleth or my main character specifically?

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's nice to know. Though I must ask, do I have to defeat them with Byleth or my main character specifically?

It seems it doesn't matter for recruitment, I've seen Lysithea getting recruited with Ingrid so I'm sure on that one, can't confirm on the other two but I guess it'd be the same (even more considering you'd already have put training effort into them, it would be quite scummy to lock them behind a hidden condition).

Sparing is another deal though, you need Byleth/lord. That said do note that it doesn't look like there's much to spare though, in fact I'm aware of only one character with that option.

Edited by timon

I'm on Dimitri's route, second to last chapter and I intend to recruit the Opera battalion and understand I can just send Dorothea or Manuela there to get it (none of which I trained but I'll pick Manuela to go, as she'll at least be able to lend healing support on the way).

Then I saw the church, which mentions Seth and Flayn have memories there. I hadn't heard about this one before. Do I get anything by sending any of them over there? I haven't trained them either and I don't want to pick too many units that aren't trained if there isn't anything there for me to get other than perhaps a line or two of dialogue. Is there another battalion there? 

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Just to make sure...

If I select "New Game" will it delete my previous Blue Lions save file? 

yes... and no. 

what happens is that it will go if you want to create a new game file. (which will be called Cleared Game Data and have sothis in it). if you save it on your BL path that says (after Battle). then what you did in that game is gone (which you can only really see the battle victories and the stories at the end and your S support).  as of right now i have 3 cleared paths and my current game. (but as the file i am playing has all my renown and what i accomplished for my units, i am planning to delete the files i have, and have a backup of my renown heavy file. (even if something w/the DLC makes it that i could have played afterwords, i have so much accomplished now i don't mind starting all over again for the ___th time lol)

23 hours ago, Humanoid said:

C+ support, which is just C-and-a-bit. You can check if you've reached C+ by selecting him in the dining or choir menus. (It doesn't give any extra dialogue or anything, just means you've built some extra points past C)

Oh, ok! Thanks!