The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

by farming the flying birds. (and in Rhea's paralogue)

Wootz Steel are the Wolves
Umbreal Steal are the lizard looking things. 
Aga... whatever it is called (and sometimes Venonstone) are the Snakes

on the rare beast maps you can spam to get what you need. (I always spam for Mythril). 

Thanks.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

How do you get the Aegir Astral Knights? I assume it's something to do with Ferdinand, but I haven't found them.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to do with the paralogue he shares with Lysithea (said paralogue is post-timeskip, meaning you'll have to recruit one of them, or both if you happen to be on Blue Lions).

2 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

What would be a good final class for Ingrid? I was thinking either Falcon Knight or Wyvern Lord, but I've also heard some folks say she makes a good Holy Knight

Personally, I prefer the Falco.

250px-Falco_SSBU.png

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Did Koei Techmo write the story or was it IS? Or did they both collaborate on it? 

The original draft that IS wrote had only the church and BE routes. When KT joined to make development faster there were plans for an expanded world and multiple paths.

So this game marks a joint-development with Koei Tecmo games, in the same vein as Fire Emblem Warriors.

Kusakihara: Yes, FE Warriors had a lot to do with our decision to work with Koei Tecmo on this one.

Yokota: We decided that we wanted to release a Fire Emblem game on Nintendo Switch by the end of 2019 at the latest. However, it was looking like regular development was going to take some extra time, so we looked into getting another developer in the mix in order to shorten the length of production. At pretty much that exact same time, Koei Tecmo was making FE Warriors for us, and as a result of consulting with Mr. Hayashi (head of Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja), we ended up asking the Kou Shibusawa team to help out. That’s how things went.

Kusakihara: Speaking of the Kou Shibusawa team, they’re well-renowned for making SRPGs – they’re the best of the best. We knew it’d be great if we could get them on board, so we started hashing plans out again. It was only after we decided to work with the Kou Shibusawa team that we considered their sense of world-building with three balanced kingdoms.

That’s interesting. The setting in Three Houses where three different kingdoms are at war is certainly like Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Kusakihara: In regards to staffing, Intelligent Systems provided Koei Tecmo with a minimum crew of several designers, a music composer, and an adviser to the programmers – not including myself, of course. We then left Koei Tecmo in charge of basic game development.

https://www.dualshockers.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-interview/

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to do with the paralogue he shares with Lysithea (said paralogue is post-timeskip, meaning you'll have to recruit one of them, or both if you happen to be on Blue Lions).

I didn't get this paralogue when I had both of them. I don't know if there's a time limit on it triggering, or a special requirement.

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I didn't get this paralogue when I had both of them. I don't know if there's a time limit on it triggering, or a special requirement.

Um, which route are you on? It might not be accessible on Crimson Flower (or so I read somewhere).

I'm mostly avoiding as many spoilers as possible, so I apologize if this has been asked six thousand times already, but:

Is it better to upgrade classes as soon as possible or is there a level cap that I should try to hit first?

8 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

I'm mostly avoiding as many spoilers as possible, so I apologize if this has been asked six thousand times already, but:

Is it better to upgrade classes as soon as possible or is there a level cap that I should try to hit first? 

Upgrade as soon as possible in order to get the base stat bonuses, if you still need to be in the old class for mastery bonuses (e.g. getting Death Blow), then remember you can just switch back for free. (You can freely switch between classes at any time once you're certified for them)

Just now, Humanoid said:

Upgrade as soon as possible in order to get the base stat bonuses, if you still need to be in the old class for mastery bonuses (e.g. getting Death Blow), then remember you can just switch back for free. (You can freely switch between classes at any time once you're certified for them)

Thank you!

9 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

That's weird. Got it on every route, with only Ashe, only Catherine, and both.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Um, which route are you on? It might not be accessible on Crimson Flower (or so I read somewhere).

Yup, I was on crimson flower, didn't get it. I'll try again on the blue lions one, see if I can. Just need to get my armor high enough to get Ferdie.

27 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Is there any dialogue that's affected by your support rank progress with certain characters? 

Also, 

Hide contents

Who serves as the "Lord" for the Silver Snow route, since you kill - or try to kill - Edelgard? Is it just 'Byleth's route'? 

There are supports slightly affected by others, but none with Byleth I think.

As for the Church route, that role kind of falls to Seteth. There's also a lot of focus on Flayn.

@dragonlordsd I can confirm that paralogue isn't in CF. The same goes for the Caspar/Mercedes one, that's because those stories don't fit in with CF.

@timon Cool, thanks.

There's a ton of stuff locked out of Black Eagles, which I both like and don't like.

On the one hand, if you play BE first, that means you have a ton of new content on your next playthroughs, way more than on any other route.

On the other hand, I find it super weird that Black Eagles was the only route that IntSys had intended to make, and the it was Koei that added the others. The others feel so much more developed, I would've assumed the opposite.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

@timon Cool, thanks.

There's a ton of stuff locked out of Black Eagles, which I both like and don't like.

On the one hand, if you play BE first, that means you have a ton of new content on your next playthroughs, way more than on any other route.

On the other hand, I find it super weird that Black Eagles was the only route that IntSys had intended to make, and the it was Koei that added the others. The others feel so much more developed, I would've assumed the opposite.

really?! - i would have thought the same too. Well, thanks Koei. 

My question - does it matter really what battalion you give your unit?  (i tend to give everyone fusilade because that's my favourite one LOL - only because I have ONE ashes and Dust - and that's byleths)

Also - I have yet to trigger the Catherine/Ashe Paralogue and the Hilda/Cyril paralogue. most times i recruit ashe and cyril, but this time i'm not. but they shouldn't be NEEDED right?  as long as i have the other one?

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Also - I have yet to trigger the Catherine/Ashe Paralogue and the Hilda/Cyril paralogue. most times i recruit ashe and cyril, but this time i'm not. but they shouldn't be NEEDED right?  as long as i have the other one?

You should be able to trigger them if you have the other unit required. It's post-timeskip where you need both the units.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

You should be able to trigger them if you have the other unit required. It's post-timeskip where you need both the units.

that's what i figured i just find it odd it hasn't popped up yet. 
(I did get the C support with Ashe and Cyril just in case that's a requirement. it's odd being on the other end lol)

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

really?! - i would have thought the same too. Well, thanks Koei. 

My question - does it matter really what battalion you give your unit?  (i tend to give everyone fusilade because that's my favourite one LOL - only because I have ONE ashes and Dust - and that's byleths)

Depends on the battalion, but some have fairly ridiculous effects.

The caveat, of course, is that this game is currently easy enough that it doesn't really matter, but there are some battalions that are incredibly powerful.

The Aegir Astral Knights, which I was asking about, give you something like +7 attack and +20 avoid at level 5, which is crazy.

Similarly, the elite troops you get in each route (which you retain between playthroughs) give equally insane stat boosts.

Edel's Supreme Armor Co. gives +7 attack, +6 magic, -10 avoid, +6 defense, and +4 resistance.

Or something along those lines. I can look up exact numbers.

The big ones are the unique battalions that you only get one of. Petra's Brigid Hunters (NOT Brigid Mercenaries) gives the highest avoid bonus, at +30. The Vestra Sorcery Engineers are also really good.

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Depends on the battalion, but some have fairly ridiculous effects.

The caveat, of course, is that this game is currently easy enough that it doesn't really matter, but there are some battalions that are incredibly powerful.

The Aegir Astral Knights, which I was asking about, give you something like +7 attack and +20 avoid at level 5, which is crazy.

Similarly, the elite troops you get in each route (which you retain between playthroughs) give equally insane stat boosts.

Edel's Supreme Armor Co. gives +7 attack, +6 magic, -10 avoid, +6 defense, and +4 resistance.

Or something along those lines. I can look up exact numbers.

The big ones are the unique battalions that you only get one of. Petra's Brigid Hunters (NOT Brigid Mercenaries) gives the highest avoid bonus, at +30. The Vestra Sorcery Engineers are also really good.

Is there a full list anywhere of the best Battalions? I know there's a YT video, but I prefer reading things like this. Also, is there a list of the best Skills in the game (though I get that this one's more subjective)?

I have two more questions:

1. Why is the Wyvern Lord Class so highly valued? It seems every thread I look at involving optimal runs/ builds has this one pop up almost immediately.

2. Speaking of optimal runs, the LTC thread said F!Byleth was better than M!Byleth. Why is this?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

P.S. I suspect the answer is no, but can you use renown to unlock mastery for gender-locked classes, e.g. Gremory for M!Byleth?

Edited by DefyingFates

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

2. Speaking of optimal runs, the LTC thread said F!Byleth was better than M!Byleth. Why is this?

Probably the ability to recruit Sylvain easily. Well, that, and Darting Blow access. There might be other things, but I don't know...

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is there a full list anywhere of the best Battalions? I know there's a YT video, but I prefer reading things like this. Also, is there a list of the best Skills in the game (though I get that this one's more subjective)?

1. Why is the Wyvern Lord Class so highly valued? It seems every thread I look at involving optimal runs/ builds has this one pop up almost immediately.

P.S. I suspect the answer is no, but can you use renown to unlock mastery for gender-locked classes, e.g. Gremory for M!Byleth?

Wyvern Lord/Master is really awesome - because it's gender neutral (unlike Peg/Falcon Knights) and you get strength/speed/defense/charm growths (at the cost of your res). Not to mention mobility is so key in the game.  in my Blue Lions/BE runs (both of them) i basically had a flight squad). this time (back on Golden Deer) I am doing the horsey run again, but everyone still has at least a C/D in flying, and C/D in lances, so IF i need them to fly on the map - i can pop them in - dismount them and still have them train their main skill. 

It's also (I feel) for melee -the best class to patch up any wonky growths. 
Oh; Sylvain is slow? well... WYVERN!
Oh. Ferdinand didn't get the strength grwoths even though he was in brigand? well. WYVERN
Oh, why are you so slow, Bernadetta? (well in her case - Pegasus but you get the drift). 

#2: I dunno. I've ONLY played as Female Byleth and I ALWAYS have her as a bow wiedling falcon knight. girl can eat a map with a bow, lemme tell you. 

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

1. Best stats, best movement type, -faire on axes which are amazing (and give a logical path from Brigand, which gives DeathBlow). Mostly just sheer stats though, it's a bit ridiculous that they chose to give the best numbers to a flyer which is already above the others for utility. That said don't sleep on Bow Knights, Wyverns are amazing, BK is close with that range and canto.

2. Pegasus, Falcon and Gremory over Dark Mage, Dark Bishop, Brawler, Grappler and War Master. Yes please. It's not even just Darting Blow tbh, Pegasus is an amazing class in itself. Also it's flying access at lv.10, M!Byleth has to wait until lv.20 and train up to C only through faculty (admittedly the exam can be taken with a D, but in that regard you can pass Pegasus with an E).

P.S.: actually, yes you can, so you can combine Darting Blow and Quick Reposte.