Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

I have a question about paired endings. If Byleth doesn't marry anyone, will they automatically have en epilogue with the lord of the game (and rhea) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do y'all think ...

  Reveal hidden contents

The Death Knight unique class will come with Jeritza?

Which mask is he going to wear?

 

Spoiler

Could be, although AFAIK it's a slightly tweaked Dark Knight, so he may just get that instead.

EDIT:

Spoiler

So...when does Dimitri go back to normal? Currently right before Gronder Field, and while I thought he was rather bland before, now I'm really starting to hate him.

 

Edited by Sid Starkiller
Avoiding double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of characters who don't appear as enemies in the Crimson Flower route if you don't recruit them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is there a list of characters who don't appear as enemies in the Crimson Flower route if you don't recruit them?

Spoiler

IIRC, it's just Lorenz, Raphael, Marianne, Manuela, and Hanneman.

 

For a list of those you DO kill, organized by chapter, there's this thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, Sid Starkiller said:

So...when does Dimitri go back to normal? Currently right before Gronder Field, and while I thought he was rather bland before, now I'm really starting to hate him.

If I recall correctly, his main change is after 

Spoiler

Rodrigue's Death, realizing the futility of his cycle revenge,

but his personality doesn't go back to his pre-timeskip outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 2:15 AM, Tediz64 said:

The prompt said to me when i scanned one fire emblem amiibo that "even better rewards will now be available" (I think it said something along those lines). But when i scanned my 2nd and 3rd (Ike and Marth) amiibo(s) it was giving me the same prompt as before. Something like "items are already appearing".

Did the FE Amiibo rewards replace the non-FE bonuses, or were you getting the old items on top of the newer stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At what point do you get out-of-house characters again in part 2? I didn't recruit anyone from other houses my first playthrough, so I don't know. Do you have to re-recruit them whenever they appear as enemies, or do they just show up automatically in part 2 like the church people? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Galap said:

At what point do you get out-of-house characters again in part 2? I didn't recruit anyone from other houses my first playthrough, so I don't know. Do you have to re-recruit them whenever they appear as enemies, or do they just show up automatically in part 2 like the church people? 

All I know is that a select few have to be spared when they appear as enemies (Lorenz, Ashe, Lysithea; in the case of the former two, you must have recruited them in part 1). Someone else can go into the finer details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Galap said:

At what point do you get out-of-house characters again in part 2? I didn't recruit anyone from other houses my first playthrough, so I don't know. Do you have to re-recruit them whenever they appear as enemies, or do they just show up automatically in part 2 like the church people? 

Most of your recruits show up the second chapter after the timeskip on every route except Crimson Flower. I haven’t played Crimson Flower, but I’m pretty sure all your recruits are there from the start, because the first post-timeskip chapter is different from the others.

As for Lorenz, Lysithea and Ashe, in BL you need to defeat Lorenz with Byleth in chapter 16 for him to join/rejoin you.

In GD you need to defeat Ashe with Byleth in chapter 15 for him to join/rejoin you.

And in Crimson Flower Lysithea can join you, even if you didn’t recruit her pre-timeskip, if you defeat her with Byleth. This happens in Chapter 14, I believe. EDIT: Lysithea doesn't have to be beaten or even fought with Byleth, apparently the option to spare or kill her appears regardless.

Edited by Anathaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edegard1902 said:

How do you unlock the Sothis support. Also when is it revealed that Flayn and Seteth are children of the godess?

I do not know the latter, but I think unlocking the Sothis support requires giving the right answers to questions involving her (again, I'll let someone else give the finer details or correct me if I'm mistaken).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Edegard1902 said:

How do you unlock the Sothis support. Also when is it revealed that Flayn and Seteth are children of the godess?

Not sure about the latter question (I'd just assume you learn it in Silver Snow), but for the former...

Sothis only has the one support.  And as far as I know, all you need to do is get to the point in the game where you select the person you wish to marry and select the option that says "???" with a silhouette of Sothis next to it.  According to people on GameFAQs, she's the default option for both genders, so I would assume she's your partner if you choose to support no one.

And I think you also need to have the ring from Jeralt in order to even be able to S-support with anyone.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I do not know the latter, but I think unlocking the Sothis support requires giving the right answers to questions involving her (again, I'll let someone else give the finer details or correct me if I'm mistaken).

Unfortunately, I think all of the bond boosts with her are fluff.

Just like the bond boosts with Jeralt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Unfortunately, I think all of the bond boosts with her are fluff.

Just like the bond boosts with Jeralt.

EDIT: I guess I might be in the right after all, if @Seafarer's comment is any indication...

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2019 at 7:55 AM,  @Edegard1902 said:

Also when is it revealed that Flayn and Seteth are children of the goddess?

(wouldn't let me put an actual quote in lol, so this is the best I can do)

They bring it up in their A support with each other. It might also be in Silver Snow, I’m not sure.

Edited by Anathaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Unfortunately, I think all of the bond boosts with her are fluff.

Nah, they aren't.

I did a fast re-run of Azure Moon (skipping all cutscenes), and Sothis didn't show up as an option when the time came to choose S-support. So I picked Linhardt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Not sure about the latter question (I'd just assume you learn it in Silver Snow), but for the former...

Sothis only has the one support.  And as far as I know, all you need to do is get to the point in the game where you select the person you wish to marry and select the option that says "???" with a silhouette of Sothis next to it.  According to people on GameFAQs, she's the default option for both genders, so I would assume she's your partner if you choose to support no one.

And I think you also need to have the ring from Jeralt in order to even be able to S-support with anyone.

She's not the default option. Sothis is an actual option on that screen that says ???. But underneath you can physically select "no-one" and choose to actually stay single! That's what I did on my BL run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Most of your recruits show up the second chapter after the timeskip on every route except Crimson Flower. I haven’t played Crimson Flower, but I’m pretty sure all your recruits are there from the start, because the first post-timeskip chapter is different from the others.

As for Lorenz, Lysithea and Ashe, in BL you need to defeat Lorenz with Byleth in chapter 16 for him to join/rejoin you.

In GD you need to defeat Ashe with Byleth in chapter 15 for him to join/rejoin you.

And in Crimson Flower Lysithea can join you, even if you didn’t recruit her pre-timeskip, if you defeat her with Byleth. This happens in Chapter 14, I believe.

Slight correction, Byleth doesn't actually even have to fight Lysithea during Ch.14, never mind be the one to beat her. The option to spare her comes up even if she falls to someone she has no relationship with, like Alois or Ingrid.

Edit: My personal theory is that she's intended as a sort of freebie as compensation for the Flayn situation, and CF route just generally having more limited roster options.

Edited by Radnar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Anathaco said:

They bring it up in their A support with each other. It might also be in Silver Snow, I’m not sure.

I didn’t ask that question, lmao, you might want to edit your post to tag the person who did.

 

@Seafarer Now I don’t know what the answer is, since multiple people are now saying conflicting things.

Can you provide a screenshot of the options at the bottom of the list?

@Kiran_ I think what they meant is that it’s like the decision during the month of the ball where if you don’t make a selection for who to meet at the Goddess Tower, the game decides for you...

Except I don’t think there’s a way to avoid choosing a partner (or no partner) at the end of the game.  I just tried it for myself, couldn’t just cancel out of the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Radnar said:

Slight correction, Byleth doesn't actually even have to fight Lysithea during Ch.14, never mind be the one to beat her. The option to spare her comes up even if she falls to someone she has no relationship with, like Alois or Ingrid.

Edit: My personal theory is that she's intended as a sort of freebie as compensation for the Flayn situation, and CF route just generally having more limited roster options.

Oh, I didn't realise that. I'll edit my post.

44 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I didn’t ask that question, lmao, you might want to edit your post to tag the person who did.

Dumb question, but how do I do that? When I try to put the correct quote in the edited post, it just puts it in a fresh post.

 

I also have an actual question. After the timeskip, your students are meant to gain a few levels, aren't they? Because my Bernadetta was still on level 2 when the timeskip rolled around, and I'm trying to figure out why she didn't change at all when my other units did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Oh, I didn't realise that. I'll edit my post.

Dumb question, but how do I do that? When I try to put the correct quote in the edited post, it just puts it in a fresh post.

 

I also have an actual question. After the timeskip, your students are meant to gain a few levels, aren't they? Because my Bernadetta was still on level 2 when the timeskip rolled around, and I'm trying to figure out why she didn't change at all when my other units did.

I copy paste the quote from the new post box to the edit, personally. Might not be the most practical way though.

Each student gets a fixed amounts of levels after the timeskip:

Edelgard: +2 levels
Hubert: +2
Ferdinand: +3
Linhardt: +1
Caspar: +3
Bernadetta: +0
Dorothea: +2
Petra: +3

Dimitri: +3
Dedue: +4
Felix: +3
Sylvain: +2
Ashe: +2/+5 if rerecruited
Mercedes: +1
Annette: +3
Ingrid: +2

Claude: +2
Lorenz: +2/ not sure if rerecruited, about +5 I believe
Ignatz: +2
Raphael: +2
Lysithea: +3/??? if rerecruited.
Hilda: +1
Leonie: +3
Marianne: +1

Seteth: +1
Flayn: +0
Hanneman: +1
Manuela: +1
Catherine: +1
Shamir: +1
Cyril: +3

Byleth doesn't get anything, just like Flayn.

 

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cysx said:

I copy paste the quote from the new post box to the edit, personally. Might not be the most practical way though.

Each student gets a fixed amounts of levels after the timeskip:

Edelgard: +2 levels
Hubert: +2
Ferdinand: +3
Linhardt: +1
Caspar: +3
Bernadetta: +2
Dorothea: +2
Petra: +3 

Dimitri: +3
Dedue: +4
Felix: +3
Sylvain: +2
Ashe: +2/+5 if rerecruited
Mercedes: +1
Annette: +3
Ingrid: +2

Claude: +2
Lorenz: +2/ not sure if rerecruited, about +5 I believe
Ignatz: +2
Raphael: +2
Lysithea: +3/??? if rerecruited.
Hilda: +2
Leonie: +3
Marianne: +1

Seteth: +1
Flayn: +0
Hanneman: +1
Manuela: +1
Catherine: +1
Shamir: +1
Cyril: +3

Byleth doesn't get anything, just like Flayn.

 

Is there any balancing/ in-universe reason why everyone's boosts are so uneven? I can kinda understand the healers not gaining as much EXP because they probably didn't fight much over the timeskip, while the adults probably didn't gain much because they've probably already peaked in Skill (and Seteth was too protective to let Flayn do anything), but the rest just boggles the mind. The re-recruits gaining more EXP makes sense though; they just gained more stats while fighting away from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is there any balancing/ in-universe reason why everyone's boosts are so uneven? I can kinda understand the healers not gaining as much EXP because they probably didn't fight much over the timeskip, while the adults probably didn't gain much because they've probably already peaked in Skill (and Seteth was too protective to let Flayn do anything), but the rest just boggles the mind. The re-recruits gaining more EXP makes sense though; they just gained more stats while fighting away from you.

Your guess is as good as mine. Literally, since it's the same. Hard workers or people who train a lot seem to cover most of the +3 gains, while peaceful or lazy people tend to be at +1, and the others are at +2. We also know some of the +3 people fought a lot during the timeskip; Dimitri was being Dimitri, Leonie has been doing mercenary work, Felix has been fighting a lot even if he betrayed Faerghus and wasn't in Fraldarius all that time(so Edelgard's route)...

Most importantly I think this is meant to give context rather than bring up questions. Like, "oh, this person has gained +x levels, that gives a slightly better idea of what they've been up to during the timeskip". Although the game seems to expect the player to notice these gains, and that didn't work out all that well.

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Hard workers or people who train a lot seem to cover most of the +3 gains, while peaceful or lazy people tend to be at +1, and the others are at +2. We also know some of the +3 people fought a lot during the timeskip; Dimitri was being Dimitri, Leonie has been doing mercenary work, Felix is always looking for combat... 

Most importantly I think this is meant to give context rather than bring up questions. Like, "oh, this person has gained +x levels, that gives a slightly better idea of what they've been up to during the timeskip". Although the game seems to expect the player to notice these gains, and that didn't work out all that well.

Ooh, that's actually really cool!! A shame that it's hard to pick up on, but still: neat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of important paralogue in terms of items received?  I'm planning to do a fresh Maddening run (still deciding between Blue Lions and Golden Deer, was learning BL until I read this page and saw you have to rerecruit Lorenz and Lysithea so might just go GD to avoid that nonsense), and realized I missed quite a bit in my first Hard playthrough.  I read Lorenz is a top tier paralogue, and I recall the Sothis and the Flayn/Seteth ones being pretty good, but not sure about any others.

As a further question, is there a level requirement to get someone's paralogue?  Apparently there was a Ferdinand/Bernadetta one and a Caspar/Mercedes one, but I didn't get either on my CF run.  Are they just not available in that route, or was Caspar being in single digits and Ferdinand being early/mid 10s prevent me from getting them?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...