Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

On 9/30/2019 at 11:25 AM, DefyingFates said:

Did the FE Amiibo rewards replace the non-FE bonuses, or were you getting the old items on top of the newer stuff?

No. Sadly you'll still keep picking up the occasional junk stuff or i guess we can refer to it as "less valuable". I still get low quality fish bait, sometimes a torch or healing item that isn't elixir. I also noticed something else.

Within a given month, if it is the first time exploring, the amount of green sparkles around the gazebo is way higher. But when i explore on the 2nd or 3rd time, the number of sparkles is less. When i break from exploring and battle and then subsequently return to exploring (all within the same month btw) the number of sparkles is also back to being high again.

Like i noticed a few times during back to back explorations, the number of sparkles in the tomb near (Sothis/Byleth) was like around 2 to 4. But on the first exploration of a new month there could be anywhere between 6 to 9 sparkles. 

So i'm not sure if it is random on how many items get generated or if this is a correlation between how frequently you explore and then break for battle. 

But don't worry, you for sure will still keep picking up high quality stuff. Like once i remember i got 5 stat boosters in one exploration. It blew my mind. I can honestly say that the spawn rate for hexlock shields is RIDICULOUS. Literally i had like over 20 of them by chapter 7. I just said to hell with it, i'm not giving everyone this buckler looking shield and started selling them. Pretty good money. I don't see the rings too often. I've barely managed to pick up i think 3 or 4 (within the span of 8 chapters). So i'm assuming their spawn rate is low. 

I've never picked up a weapon from the green sparkles so if someone has before and wants to chime in, let us all know. I'm going to venture a guess and say its strictly non-weapon items. There is a lop-sided proportion of tea leaves being given as well as seeds. If i were to count how many items i pick up and create a percentage for it, i'd have to say that most of the green sparkles tend to be like 60% either tea or seeds. That is at least what i'm observing. I'll try to give more feed back if people request it. I'm not sure if staff is working on compiling a list of the stuff that spawns and giving each of those items %s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

No. Sadly you'll still keep picking up the occasional junk stuff or i guess we can refer to it as "less valuable". I still get low quality fish bait, sometimes a torch or healing item that isn't elixir. I also noticed something else.

Within a given month, if it is the first time exploring, the amount of green sparkles around the gazebo is way higher. But when i explore on the 2nd or 3rd time, the number of sparkles is less. When i break from exploring and battle and then subsequently return to exploring (all within the same month btw) the number of sparkles is also back to being high again.

Like i noticed a few times during back to back explorations, the number of sparkles in the tomb near (Sothis/Byleth) was like around 2 to 4. But on the first exploration of a new month there could be anywhere between 6 to 9 sparkles. 

So i'm not sure if it is random on how many items get generated or if this is a correlation between how frequently you explore and then break for battle. 

But don't worry, you for sure will still keep picking up high quality stuff. Like once i remember i got 5 stat boosters in one exploration. It blew my mind. I can honestly say that the spawn rate for hexlock shields is RIDICULOUS. Literally i had like over 20 of them by chapter 7. I just said to hell with it, i'm not giving everyone this buckler looking shield and started selling them. Pretty good money. I don't see the rings too often. I've barely managed to pick up i think 3 or 4 (within the span of 8 chapters). So i'm assuming their spawn rate is low. 

I've never picked up a weapon from the green sparkles so if someone has before and wants to chime in, let us all know. I'm going to venture a guess and say its strictly non-weapon items. There is a lop-sided proportion of tea leaves being given as well as seeds. If i were to count how many items i pick up and create a percentage for it, i'd have to say that most of the green sparkles tend to be like 60% either tea or seeds. That is at least what i'm observing. I'll try to give more feed back if people request it. I'm not sure if staff is working on compiling a list of the stuff that spawns and giving each of those items %s

Wow, that sounds like it could get pretty overpowered given time. I was considering borrowing an Amiibo to access the tomb, but if there's no way to disable the free drops I may not bother...

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cysx said:

I copy paste the quote from the new post box to the edit, personally. Might not be the most practical way though.

Each student gets a fixed amounts of levels after the timeskip:

Edelgard: +2 levels
Hubert: +2
Ferdinand: +3
Linhardt: +1
Caspar: +3
Bernadetta: +2
Dorothea: +2
Petra: +3

Dimitri: +3
Dedue: +4
Felix: +3
Sylvain: +2
Ashe: +2/+5 if rerecruited
Mercedes: +1
Annette: +3
Ingrid: +2

Claude: +2
Lorenz: +2/ not sure if rerecruited, about +5 I believe
Ignatz: +2
Raphael: +2
Lysithea: +3/??? if rerecruited.
Hilda: +2
Leonie: +3
Marianne: +1

Seteth: +1
Flayn: +0
Hanneman: +1
Manuela: +1
Catherine: +1
Shamir: +1
Cyril: +3

Byleth doesn't get anything, just like Flayn.

 

The bolded ones don't match up with my experience: Bernie gets no levels, and Hilda gets +1 (on Normal, btw). The others all match what I've recorded (though I haven't checked re-recruits yet, due to doing minimal recruitment for my first runs).

@GinRei The Ferdinand/Lysithea and Caspar/Mercedes Paralogues are not available on Crimson Flower. Nor is the Rhea one. All of these deal with situations that logically don't arise if you're on Edelgard's side.

Edited by Seafarer
Missed a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GinRei said:

Is there a list of important paralogue in terms of items received?  I'm planning to do a fresh Maddening run (still deciding between Blue Lions and Golden Deer, was learning BL until I read this page and saw you have to rerecruit Lorenz and Lysithea so might just go GD to avoid that nonsense), and realized I missed quite a bit in my first Hard playthrough.  I read Lorenz is a top tier paralogue, and I recall the Sothis and the Flayn/Seteth ones being pretty good, but not sure about any others.

As a further question, is there a level requirement to get someone's paralogue?  Apparently there was a Ferdinand/Bernadetta one and a Caspar/Mercedes one, but I didn't get either on my CF run.  Are they just not available in that route, or was Caspar being in single digits and Ferdinand being early/mid 10s prevent me from getting them?

Thanks!

The Ferdinand/Lysithea (Bernadetta shares her paralogue with Petra) paralogue is unavailable on Crimson Flower, and same for the Caspar/Mercedes paralogue (maybe; I remember two particular Paralogues said to not make much sense on said route). As for other paralogues worth doing, I don't know...

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making Felix a Bow Knight this path, but I'm not sure if he should go Cavalier/Sniper to synergize Desperation with Defiant Spd, or go Archer/Sniper for Hit+20. Only real worry I have about Cavalier is that it would hurt his good speed growth, but I also don't know how much he needs Hit+20 since he doesn't have Deadeye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was first met by post time skip paralogues, the linhardt and leonie paralogue was on the list but then disappeared the following week. Does anybody know why a paralogue just disappears like that? I was playing on casual so neither of them were dead. And the time didn't run out as I had a whole two months left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

When I was first met by post time skip paralogues, the linhardt and leonie paralogue was on the list but then disappeared the following week. Does anybody know why a paralogue just disappears like that? I was playing on casual so neither of them were dead. And the time didn't run out as I had a whole two months left.

Are you playing Crimson Flower? I heard Legend of the Lake can be locked off early if you do something in a certain chapter. I don't know what would make it disappear in the middle of a month though.

Edited by Lightchao42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Are you playing Crimson Flower? I heard Legend of the Lake can be locked off early if you do something in a certain chapter. I don't know what would make it disappear in the middle of a month though.

It was crimson flower. And I'm pretty sure there was no major mission inbetween me seeing the paralogue and then noticing it's gone. But this was a while ago and I was only just now reminded that had happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

I'm making Felix a Bow Knight this path, but I'm not sure if he should go Cavalier/Sniper to synergize Desperation with Defiant Spd, or go Archer/Sniper for Hit+20. Only real worry I have about Cavalier is that it would hurt his good speed growth, but I also don't know how much he needs Hit+20 since he doesn't have Deadeye.

I’d recommend cav/sniper, hit+20 is really good but Felix already has no trouble hitting things most of the time tbh and desperation syncs well with defiant spd. It would hurt his spd growth when he’s a cav but I feel that Felix could bounce back from it when he’s a sniper as long as you don’t get rng screwed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Seafarer said:

The bolded ones don't match up with my experience: Bernie gets no levels, and Hilda gets +1 (on Normal, btw). The others all match what I've recorded (though I haven't checked re-recruits yet, due to doing minimal recruitment for my first runs).

You're completely right on Bernadetta, fortunately I took recordings and I just wrote it down incorrectly, it would appear. It is +0. Hilda you're likely correct as well, I forgot that she was an adjutant in ch12, so she probably gained a level that I didn't count. I'll triple check to make sure next time I reach the timeskip.

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

It was crimson flower. And I'm pretty sure there was no major mission inbetween me seeing the paralogue and then noticing it's gone. But this was a while ago and I was only just now reminded that had happened.

The boss of the leonie/linhard paralogue is related to a character :

Spoiler

Seteth & Flayn

If killed, the boss will basically refuse to fight you. Hence, no paralogue.

Edited by Modirufa6317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How different is Blue Lions part 2? I'm speeding through the monastery parts as the third time around it is quite boring but I do appreciate that some chapters are more emotional due to some characters being more emotionally involved to the boss and the supports are phenomenal as always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 4:31 AM, Anathaco said:

Dumb question, but how do I do that? When I try to put the correct quote in the edited post, it just puts it in a fresh post.

If you're asking how to quote in an edited post, it depends on the device, I assume.  On a PC, I click quote, I cut/copy the entire field that is put in the fresh post, and I paste it in my edit.

But tagging is a lot simpler.  I see you already know/figured out how to do that, so I won't explain it.  But generally speaking, if I need to edit a post and refer to what someone else said, I'll just tag them instead.

22 hours ago, GinRei said:

Is there a list of important paralogue in terms of items received?  I'm planning to do a fresh Maddening run (still deciding between Blue Lions and Golden Deer, was learning BL until I read this page and saw you have to rerecruit Lorenz and Lysithea so might just go GD to avoid that nonsense), and realized I missed quite a bit in my first Hard playthrough.  I read Lorenz is a top tier paralogue, and I recall the Sothis and the Flayn/Seteth ones being pretty good, but not sure about any others.

This is an excellent resource for finding out all the paralogue items you can obtain, as well as who you need to have to obtain the paralogues and their items.  Generally speaking all of them are good, but some are exceptionally good.  Lorenz's item is top tier because it's one of only two items that increases the range of magic, and one of the items from Flayn/Seteth's paralogue slightly increases magic range as well (Lorenz's increases it by two, Flayn's increases it by one; note that the former is a hero relic which hurts non-crest bearers, while the latter is a sacred item that can be used by anyone without adverse effects).  Sothis's paralogue gives you some rare materials and another charge of Divine Pulse; aside from that, you can also obtain a Knowledge Gem from the treasure chest in that map, which doubles the rate of skill gains from battle.

Again, they all offer something worthwhile.  If nothing else, they're where you get your high-tier battalions, and many come with strong, valuable weapons or items.  And Dedue's paralogue makes it so that you'll actually be able to use him after the time-skip.

4 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

The boss of the leonie/linhard paralogue is related to a character :

  Reveal hidden contents

Seteth & Flayn

If killed, the boss will basically refuse to fight you. Hence, no paralogue.

Spoiler

I guess it makes sense that he'd hate the people who killed his brother and niece.

Wouldn't want to give away his prized bow to those who murdered his family.

Still funny that he doesn't mind you fighting Seiros, though.  Guess he thinks she went off the deep end and has distanced himself from her.

Spoiler

Just like Cichol and Cethlean do in CF if Byleth spares them.

Spoiler

Also find it funny that Seteth dotes over his daughter's statue in the cathedral during one of the months.  Yeah Seteth, I'm sure you are quite fond of Saint Cethlean.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cysx said:

You're completely right on Bernadetta, fortunately I took recordings and I just wrote it down incorrectly, it would appear. It is +0. Hilda you're likely correct as well, I forgot that she was an adjutant in ch12, so she probably gained a level that I didn't count. I'll triple check to make sure next time I reach the timeskip.

are you sure it's not some kind of fixed EXP thing? I was in BL and my level 17 never used Petra gained 4 levels, up to level 21, and your post says 3

to me, it sounds more plausible (why would they specifically code different level ups for each unit?), and the difference in gained levels would be explained by the fact that you need more EXP to level up on higher levels

 

tho this is just my assumption, did not bother to actually check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AxelVDP said:

are you sure it's not some kind of fixed EXP thing? I was in BL and my level 17 never used Petra gained 4 levels, up to level 21, and your post says 3

to me, it sounds more plausible (why would they specifically code different level ups for each unit?), and the difference in gained levels would be explained by the fact that you need more EXP to level up on higher levels

 

tho this is just my assumption, did not bother to actually check

I'm pretty sure, yes, since characters under level 5 gained the noted value, and they did the same at level 20+.

It's not impossible that there's more to it though.

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm struggling on what abilities I should pick up for Dimitri. Nothing feels totally right. I plan on going Great Lord, but should I go through Riding for those skills, or maybe even train his Axes for Death Blow? I'm just really unsure what the overall best route is for him.

Don't think the routes I listed are all that can be talked about, I'm just rattling off the main ones in my head. I really want to take advantage of his Personal ability in Part 2, but idk if Flying training is worth it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

So I'm struggling on what abilities I should pick up for Dimitri. Nothing feels totally right. I plan on going Great Lord, but should I go through Riding for those skills, or maybe even train his Axes for Death Blow? I'm just really unsure what the overall best route is for him.

Don't think the routes I listed are all that can be talked about, I'm just rattling off the main ones in my head. I really want to take advantage of his Personal ability in Part 2, but idk if Flying training is worth it either.

Just because you go Brigand for Death Blow doesn't mean you have to use axes. The class give a bonus to axe experience, but Dimitri simultaneously has a weakness in it, so it ends up neutral. There's no Axefaire for Brigand so it means you may as well continue to use lances while mastering the class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Just because you go Brigand for Death Blow doesn't mean you have to use axes. The class give a bonus to axe experience, but Dimitri simultaneously has a weakness in it, so it ends up neutral. There's no Axefaire for Brigand so it means you may as well continue to use lances while mastering the class.

I was meaning going Brigand just for Death Blow, not using axes past getting C rank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, Glennstavos said:

When I was first met by post time skip paralogues, the linhardt and leonie paralogue was on the list but then disappeared the following week. Does anybody know why a paralogue just disappears like that? I was playing on casual so neither of them were dead. And the time didn't run out as I had a whole two months left.

Spoiler

The paralogue locks if you kill Seteth and/or Flayn. I think there is a way to make them retreat, though...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

So I'm struggling on what abilities I should pick up for Dimitri. Nothing feels totally right. I plan on going Great Lord, but should I go through Riding for those skills, or maybe even train his Axes for Death Blow? I'm just really unsure what the overall best route is for him.

Don't think the routes I listed are all that can be talked about, I'm just rattling off the main ones in my head. I really want to take advantage of his Personal ability in Part 2, but idk if Flying training is worth it either.

No matter which route you go, I highly recommend focusing on Authority. Dimitri gets Battalion Wrath at C, and then Battalion Vantage at A. Give him a Short Spear and go to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:
  Hide contents

The paralogue locks if you kill Seteth and/or Flayn. I think there is a way to make them retreat, though...

 

Spoiler

The way you make them retreat is by having Byleth defeat them both.  They willingly surrender to Byleth because they don’t want to fight the person responsible for saving Flayn, and opt instead to go into hiding, wanting neither to fight Seiros nor to be killed or hunted down by Those Who Slither In The Dark.

If they are defeated by anyone else, they fight to the death.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boatcat2111 said:

Which chapter in Blue Lions does Dedue come back?

I miss my man.

Ch 16, only if you cleared his paralogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cysx said:
38 minutes ago, Boatcat2111 said:

Which chapter in Blue Lions does Dedue come back?

I miss my man.

Ch 16, only if you cleared his paralogue.

Good, thanks, I haven't missed a paralogue, so he should be back soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...