The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to figure out some class stuff.

Does anyone have any screenshots/footage of characters changing class after an exam and gaining/losing stats? The more the better. Can be from pre-release or leaks, whatever. Thanks!

Is there a way to "grind" professor level, or at least a more effective activity to get the activity points up early on? IIRC from famitsu fishing is unlimited as long as you have lures (assuming you explore), does that increase professor level?

1 hour ago, Noir435 said:

Will the DLC pack be available to purchase separately after the game releases? Or is it only available in the game + dlc bundle? 

In theory, the DLC should be available for purchase if only because IS wouldn't want to deny themselves the money for people who pre-ordered a copy without the DLC bundle or are buying it after the release date. I think it'll be likely available for purchase within the game or as a separate release when they come out on the planned release dates. But I have no proof of this; I'm basing it on previous FE releases. 

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Just trying to figure out some class stuff.

Does anyone have any screenshots/footage of characters changing class after an exam and gaining/losing stats? The more the better. Can be from pre-release or leaks, whatever. Thanks!

I believe when changing class, you go to the classes base stats however we’ll have to wait for base stats for classes to come out to prove this 

16 minutes ago, Kingkarp said:

@VincentASM The Nintendo Treehouse E3 Demo footage features Linhardt gaining some stats after class changing to Cavalier.

Yeah, that's about the only one I remember. Just looking for more examples ^^

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

I believe when changing class, you go to the classes base stats however we’ll have to wait for base stats for classes to come out to prove this 

Well, I'm asking for a reason XD

It's kinda the other way round; I have some possible candidates for base stats, but I need footage to prove them.

Q: Can Female Characters use Gauntlets? While I know Brawlers are more of a male character thing, females can still theoretically get some usage during Fighter and Brigand stages.

I ask because at one point I want to make do a F!Byleth run as "Punch Saint." As for how I plan on doing it... (Game Mechanic Spoilers)

Spoiler

1. Byleth's unique class has strengths in basically everything if I recall correctly. At least, I think it had a strength in Brawling.

2. If New Game + works how I think it does, I may be able to raise up Brawling on a male character before transferring the skills to my F!Byleth. Of course, NG+ info is limited and I may be incorrect here.

Edited by Sire

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

Q: Can Female Characters use Gauntlets? While I know Brawlers are more of a male character thing, females can still theoretically get some usage during Fighter and Brigand stages.

I ask because at one point I want to make do a F!Byleth run as "Punch Saint." As for how I plan on doing it... (Game Mechanic Spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

1. Byleth's unique class has strengths in basically everything if I recall correctly. At least, I think it had a strength in Brawling.

2. If New Game + works how I think it does, I may be able to raise up Brawling on a male character before transferring the skills to my F!Byleth. Of course, NG+ info is limited and I may be incorrect here.

Yes, they just don't have any classes that specialize in Gauntlets specifically (so no Gauntletfaire). It wouldn't be too hard for F!Byleth to train up Gauntlets, especially since she has a Strength.

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

Reveal hidden contents

If you want to use them you can, but I'm pretty sure you won't need them, I'd guess the promotion to be story related, or at least unlocking it.

Can you stack mastered abilities with class abilities? For example, if a unit learns Fiendish Blow in Mage, can they equip it while they are a Dark Bishop (since class abilities seem to be separate), and if yes, would the effect stack for +12 Magic when initiating?

How much reclassing is likely to occur to a single character within a single playthrough? How suboptimal are some class choices compared to others when you retain your weapon ranks upon reclass and every class can wield any weapon anyway?

I’m planning on buying physical, but I also want the expansion pass. I don’t see any option to buy the pass on the eShop though, I only see the bundle. Does anyone know if the expansion pass will be available for separate purchase once the game is out?

6 hours ago, Nio said:

Do we know the amount of points necesary for each profesor level? Like from E+ to D it would require X amount.

There’s a list at the bottom of this https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/skill-levels/ page.

8 minutes ago, HeartTranquil said:

So if I pick normal and casual play, will there be enough time at least to get all my students in the house I pick to A or above with the MC in one playthrough?

Since it's normal, you could grind battles to raise supports. So, yes it definitely is, it just might not be fun. It could be really easy and not require grinding since there's functions like tea parties and lost items, but we don't know how much it takes to raise a support level. We also don't know how much the arrows will affect how long it takes to raise support levels

I have decided what students to recruit to my side and know what's needed in order to recruit them. What would be the optimal class path for my Male Byleth? The stats I need are as follows:

Mag/Riding/Reason/Cha(I assume this is Charm)/Flying/Dex/Axe

Not sure what class path to take for this. 

21 hours ago, UltimateOtaku said:

I have decided what students to recruit to my side and know what's needed in order to recruit them. What would be the optimal class path for my Male Byleth? The stats I need are as follows:

Mag/Riding/Reason/Cha(I assume this is Charm)/Flying/Dex/Axe

Not sure what class path to take for this. 

Try Aiming for

(Monk/Soldier/Fighter -> )Mage/Cavalier/Brigand -> Wyvern Rider/Warlock/Paladin -> Wyvern Lord/Dark Knight

Edited by Jayvee94