Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Does anybody know what causes the eastern and western merchants to appear? I assumed it was at the start of a certain chapter, but here I am with them only appearing in the middle of the month for chapter 5. My Byleth just hit level 15. I can't think of any other trigger I may have just hit.

There's a side quest you'll have to complete for that. It's an auxilliary battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elephantus said:

There's a side quest you'll have to complete for that. It's an auxilliary battle.

Awesome. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the Maid and Butler battalions? They aren't buyable in the guild. Do they only know up after the timeskip, or are they from a quest I haven't gotten yet? I'm about to do the Holy Mausoleum chapter.

I might just be retarded and missing something from the notes but I can't find them anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, De Geso said:

Where are the Maid and Butler battalions? They aren't buyable in the guild. Do they only know up after the timeskip, or are they from a quest I haven't gotten yet? I'm about to do the Holy Mausoleum chapter.

I might just be retarded and missing something from the notes but I can't find them anywhere.

If there's no quest attached, then DLC items, including batalion should be found on Byleth's bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Modirufa6317 said:

If there's no quest attached, then DLC items, including batalion should be found on Byleth's bed.

Oh, I didn't even think to find a battalion of maids under my bed. Thanks, I'll try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, De Geso said:

Oh, I didn't even think to find a battalion of maids under my bed. Thanks, I'll try that.

This put a smile on my face xD

Speaking of DLC 3 though, is the "Abyss Rumors" quest part of the paid or free content? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait the Maid Battalion is underneath my bed?! LOL i should check this. 

 

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

This put a smile on my face xD

Speaking of DLC 3 though, is the "Abyss Rumors" quest part of the paid or free content? Thanks in advance!

Anna gives you advice etc towards it so maybe it's paid? i've noticed a lot of ppl talking about it lately but then i have paid dlc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i've noticed a lot of ppl talking about it lately

I assume you mean in-game, not on forums? 😛 But if Anna has something to say about it, I assume it is paid 😕

Speaking of Anna, does she show up in random places in the Monastery in Part 1 like everyone else? Also, I heard she runs the Secret Shop in Part 2 still, does that mean she stands in that corner all the time and the training/ tea party options are just added to the default Buy/ Sell ones? (I hope that makes sense...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I assume you mean in-game, not on forums? 😛 But if Anna has something to say about it, I assume it is paid 😕

Speaking of Anna, does she show up in random places in the Monastery in Part 1 like everyone else? Also, I heard she runs the Secret Shop in Part 2 still, does that mean she stands in that corner all the time and the training/ tea party options are just added to the default Buy/ Sell ones? (I hope that makes sense...)

 

haha in game. 

In part one Anna is in the marketplace near the blacksmith (at the very end of the gate). 
but her lost items are like all over the place. she gets around for someone who is int eh same place. 

so you can do the basic stuff  - then in part 2. it goes "Faculty Training/Secret shop" (once you unlock it) then you have your options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

 

haha in game. 

In part one Anna is in the marketplace near the blacksmith (at the very end of the gate). 
but her lost items are like all over the place. she gets around for someone who is int eh same place. 

so you can do the basic stuff  - then in part 2. it goes "Faculty Training/Secret shop" (once you unlock it) then you have your options. 

Huh. Thank you very much! It's interesting that Anna still has lost items if she's always in one spot the whole time...

I know Jeritza has lost items too, do those only come up in Part 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh. Thank you very much! It's interesting that Anna still has lost items if she's always in one spot the whole time...

I know Jeritza has lost items too, do those only come up in Part 2?

 

i'll get back to you and let you know!!
Okay- Anna does move around. (so that explains stuff). 
Jeritiza only does faculty training (i'm blue lions) so maybe this is different on Black Eagles

re: the maid batallions - there's a quest. 

Edited by daisy jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During Chapter 15 of Crimson Flower (I think), Gatekeeper mentions that House Riegan branched off from the Blaiddyd royal family. I found this odd since it's never brought up anywhere else and Claude repeatedly mentions being descended from Riegan but never brings up his relation to Blaiddyd, so I was wondering if something was muddled during the translation process. I doubt anyone will go through the effort to check this but does Gatekeeper say anything different in the Japanese version, or is the dialogue basically the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

During Chapter 15 of Crimson Flower (I think), Gatekeeper mentions that House Riegan branched off from the Blaiddyd royal family. I found this odd since it's never brought up anywhere else and Claude repeatedly mentions being descended from Riegan but never brings up his relation to Blaiddyd, so I was wondering if something was muddled during the translation process. I doubt anyone will go through the effort to check this but does Gatekeeper say anything different in the Japanese version, or is the dialogue basically the same?

This isn’t exactly definitive evidence either way but considering Daphnel split off from the kingdom. Riegan being a spilt of Blaiddyd seems plausible at least. Also I would take Claude not mentioning it with a grain of salt considering he doesn’t even know that he’s descended from House Riegan until shortly before coming to the academy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On an unrelated note, Am I going to regret 1 turning chapter 11? I wanted to make sure I got the best reward since I couldn’t get the knowledge gem in Sothis’ paralouge but I don’t know how badly every ounce of exp is need for chapter 13 on Maddening. I don’t feel under leveled my lowest units are level 20 and everyone else is a few levels higher but I want to make sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sunshinescj said:

On an unrelated note, Am I going to regret 1 turning chapter 11? I wanted to make sure I got the best reward since I couldn’t get the knowledge gem in Sothis’ paralouge but I don’t know how badly every ounce of exp is need for chapter 13 on Maddening. I don’t feel under leveled my lowest units are level 20 and everyone else is a few levels higher but I want to make sure.

Lvl20 isn't underleveled at all. Regardless of who & how many you recruit, the paralogues you get will put you on a comfortable spot for quite a while. Chapter 13 maddening isn't that demanding as long you give enough care to the relevant units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

During Chapter 15 of Crimson Flower (I think), Gatekeeper mentions that House Riegan branched off from the Blaiddyd royal family. I found this odd since it's never brought up anywhere else and Claude repeatedly mentions being descended from Riegan but never brings up his relation to Blaiddyd, so I was wondering if something was muddled during the translation process. I doubt anyone will go through the effort to check this but does Gatekeeper say anything different in the Japanese version, or is the dialogue basically the same?

I think the library has something to say about this. If not, there are a few mentions of Riegan being Kingdom nobility before splitting off from them in Part 2. The one I remember off the top of my head is Shamir saying so in Azure Moon after

Spoiler

Claude hands the Alliance over to Dimitri.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think the library has something to say about this. If not, there are a few mentions of Riegan being Kingdom nobility before splitting off from them in Part 2. The one I remember off the top of my head is Shamir saying so in Azure Moon after

  Reveal hidden contents

Claude hands the Alliance over to Dimitri.

 

The library says that House Riegan was of high status before the Alliance was founded (which is expected, given that they're descended from one of the 10 Elites), but them being directly related to House Blaiddyd isn't mentioned elsewhere. Presently I just assume what Gatekeeper meant is that some Crestless members of House Blaiddyd married into House Riegan at some point, since the latter branching off from the former doesn't make much sense unless the elite Riegan happened to be related to Blaiddyd. It's probably not anything worth thinking about too much, but I was just wondering about it.

Edited by Lightchao42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you very much!

If you want to know, the library's description of House Riegan specifically says "The position of this house of dukes relies on the noble rank bestowed upon it by the Kingdom, well before the Alliance's founding." The library also says that they are descended from "one of the 10 Elites," which is what confuses me about the whole thing if they're related to House Blaiddyd. Maybe Blaiddyd and Riegan's brides were sisters or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, De Geso said:

Where do you get Albinean Moose?

As far as I know, it's an auxiliary battle reward. Or you could buy it from the Dark Merchant after the time skip (he requires completing a battle quest to show up).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my observation on what basic weapons are good at:

  • Training: Weight and Durability
  • Iron: Hit and Weight
  • Steel: Durability and Might
  • Silver: Might and Hit

Both durability and might influence our choice of weapon for Combat Arts, making Steel Weapons a darling for this.

The actual question:

Is there any sound reason (ie. a situation) that you decide against using a Steel Weapon for Combat Arts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Here's my observation on what basic weapons are good at:

  • Training: Weight and Durability
  • Iron: Hit and Weight
  • Steel: Durability and Might
  • Silver: Might and Hit

Both durability and might influence our choice of weapon for Combat Arts, making Steel Weapons a darling for this.

The actual question:

Is there any sound reason (ie. a situation) that you decide against using a Steel Weapon for Combat Arts?

Sometime, the damage needed may fall short of a few points, so you may need a higher grade weapon (usually silver or regalia. Also killer weapons if the art boost crit). The main disadvantage of silver and higher grade is their much steeper repair/forging/replacement cost overall. That's why steel is the better option for combat arts for most of the time.

Edited by Modirufa6317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

As far as I know, it's an auxiliary battle reward. Or you could buy it from the Dark Merchant after the time skip (he requires completing a battle quest to show up).

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Here's my observation on what basic weapons are good at:

  • Training: Weight and Durability
  • Iron: Hit and Weight
  • Steel: Durability and Might
  • Silver: Might and Hit

Both durability and might influence our choice of weapon for Combat Arts, making Steel Weapons a darling for this.

The actual question:

Is there any sound reason (ie. a situation) that you decide against using a Steel Weapon for Combat Arts?

You might use a silver weapon if your damage is short, or if you want a more reliable hit rate.

The main reason for using weaker weapons is if you want them equipped on Enemy Phase and there's no one around to trade.

Edited by De Geso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man. i really hope as a surprise. they throw in another infantry lance class. 
I love fliers and cavs etc, but it really just hit me on this one map.... i really don't have any infantry lances (and even just "dismounting") isn't the same coz i know they have a horse hiding somewhere. lol

anyhoo. i'm basically doing a hard run on AM -
If i recruit petra (basically so i don't have to deal with her annoying alert stance+ self later). where does she really fit in. it is crazy how in all of myplaythroughs she's the one unit who ultimately gets benched because i can't really find her niche. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...