The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are spoiled on the new classes

Spoiler

does anyone remember what the potential requirements are? i am doing another grind run to get most of my girls As/Ss in magic, flying (for war monk brawling/faith etc), but i want to make sure i hit all the requirements so on future playthroughs i can just cash in the renown. thanks!

Ok, so I need to know one more time: is it plausible to get two intermediate class masteries on Maddening? For example, getting Hilda to master Brigand and Pegasus Knight for Death Blow and Darting Blow and getting Claude to master Brigand and Archer for Death Blow and Hit +20.

4 hours ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Ok, so I need to know one more time: is it plausible to get two intermediate class masteries on Maddening? For example, getting Hilda to master Brigand and Pegasus Knight for Death Blow and Darting Blow and getting Claude to master Brigand and Archer for Death Blow and Hit +20.

Maybe if you wait to complete the battle quests until you have the Knowledge Gem. That's what I saw recommended in another thread, anyway.

Anyway, I have two questions: one, is Catherine an Almyran? Second, when do you find out her actual name? I know that Lonato calls her "Cassandra" early in the game, but...

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway, I have two questions: one, is Catherine an Almyran? Second, when do you find out her actual name? I know that Lonato calls her "Cassandra" early in the game, but...

No, she is just tan.

Spoiler

She is from House Charon, hence why she has Thunderbrand (the Charon Hero Relic). Her full name is Cassandra Reuben Charon, I think. I do not know when you find that out.

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Hide contents

She is from House Charon, hence why she has Thunderbrand (the Charon Hero Relic). Her full name is Cassandra Reuben Charon, I think. I do not know when you find that out.

Spoiler

Close, Cassandra Rubens Charon. B support with Lorenz.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:09 PM, Sid Starkiller said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Close, Cassandra Rubens Charon. B support with Lorenz.

geeze. time to build up some more supports. lol

there are some units i just ignore (sorry Lorenz) so i miss all the cool stuff. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, Midnox said:

I regret playing this game. Another example Nintendo is back being for real, and I desperately need another fix of Three Houses. Man, this job takes me away from getting high on this game

i know.. i am doing a Golden Deer skill grind for a lot of units. (and to get another Ashes and Dust) and i was like okay good
then i remembered all the new units. (sigh). buuuutttttt. i can just focus on them. everyone else will have everything. 

Edited by daisy jane

On 11/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I haven't done it myself, but people have reported stealing Caduceus when an enemy carries it, so I imagine any non-weapon equipment can be stolen.

I see. Though I had gotten info that conflicts with this in another thread, which is why I came here in the first place.

Anyway, does anyone know what songs are unlocked by each Fire Emblem amiibo?

On 11/19/2019 at 9:05 AM, daisy jane said:

For those who are spoiled on the new classes

Hide contents

does anyone remember what the potential requirements are? i am doing another grind run to get most of my girls As/Ss in magic, flying (for war monk brawling/faith etc), but i want to make sure i hit all the requirements so on future playthroughs i can just cash in the renown. thanks!

Spoiler

Here's what I found on a fairly obscure fan site.

To summarize, it's looking like:

Trickster*: B Swords, B Faith

War Monk*: B+ Gauntlets, C+ Faith

Dark Flier*: B+ Reason, C Flight

Valkyrie*: B Reason, B Riding

*all class names speculative

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Here's what I found on a fairly obscure fan site.

To summarize, it's looking like:

Trickster*: B Swords, B Faith

War Monk*: B+ Gauntlets, C+ Faith

Dark Flier*: B+ Reason, C Flight

Valkyrie*: B Reason, B Riding

*all class names speculative

thanks so much!

then i am on the right path!

On 11/19/2019 at 4:28 PM, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

it's actually quite easy, especially so if you grind aux battles or cheese armored units with broken weapons (you could even master 3-4 intermediate classes with this kind of grinding)

if you want to do it with very minor or no grinding try not to make your units too strong in order to maximize combat turns vs enemies and be sure to grab the knowledge gem asap (that's kinda what I did in my NG maddening CF playthough, my Petra was able to get darting and death blow easily while my Hubert struggled to get fiendish blow before lv20 due to him nuking enemies and not having an enemy phase)

On 11/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I see. Though I had gotten info that conflicts with this in another thread, which is why I came here in the first place.

Anyway, does anyone know what songs are unlocked by each Fire Emblem amiibo?

The Time To Act
Eternal Bond
Id (purpose)
Conquest (Ablaze)
Beneath a New Light (Roy's Theme)
March to Deliverance 
With Milla's Divine protection
Alight (Storm)
A Dark Fall (Fire)
Destiny (Ablaze)
The World Tree

Edited by daisy jane

Does anybody know if Mission Assistance units suffer from permadeath? My plan for the first Death Knight fight is to just throw Lysithea at him, then finish him off with tempest lance horseslayer, but I would like to keep her alive as an option for the Chapter 12 fight if I can

And If I buy all the equippable crest items, do they come with me into the next NG+? 

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Does anybody know if Mission Assistance units suffer from permadeath? My plan for the first Death Knight fight is to just throw Lysithea at him, then finish him off with tempest lance horseslayer, but I would like to keep her alive as an option for the Chapter 12 fight if I can

In a word: yep.

Also, in chapter 12, you can just use siege weapons against him once he starts moving - he cannot counter those.

Edited by Shadow Mir

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

what are siege weapons?

Ballistae, fire orbs and onagers. The latter cannot be used by mages or mounted units, however.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

In a word: yep.

Also, in chapter 12, you can just use siege weapons against him once he starts moving - he cannot counter those.

Really? I may play on Classic next time and "accidentally" kill off the other houses' units.

You can't get mission assistance on unrecruitable units, can you? Wouldn't mind not having to deal with Transformer Dedue.

3 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Really? I may play on Classic next time and "accidentally" kill off the other houses' units.

You can't get mission assistance on unrecruitable units, can you? Wouldn't mind not having to deal with Transformer Dedue.

I don't think that would work - they'd still show up after the time skip as enemies.

You cannot use unrecruitable units for mission assistance.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

And If I buy all the equippable crest items, do they come with me into the next NG+? 

I don't believe so. I purchased the Gautier Crest Stone on CF NG+ (Paladin Hubert with Frozen Lance of Ruin was perfection), and had to re-purchase it for BL NG++. Although it's possible something changes if you buy all the Crest Stones, I didn't try that.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I haven't done it myself, but people have reported stealing Caduceus when an enemy carries it, so I imagine any non-weapon equipment can be stolen.

I tried to steal Felix's Aegis Shield, but it was a no go. Incidentally, someone else in another thread said they were unable to steal Mercedes's Rafail Gem. Which makes me doubt that the Shield of Seiros, Caduceus Staff, and Ochain Shield can be stolen.

Anyway... do I lose if the Death Knight gets away in Fort Merceus, or not (because all I know is that he eventually tries to escape)?

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway... do I lose if the Death Knight gets away in Fort Merceus, or not (because all I know is that he eventually tries to escape)?

No, the objective just changes.

At least on Church route, anyway. Haven’t tried letting him escape on Golden Deer, but I see no reason why the same thing wouldn’t happen.

On 11/29/2019 at 6:50 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I tried to steal Felix's Aegis Shield, but it was a no go. Incidentally, someone else in another thread said they were unable to steal Mercedes's Rafail Gem. Which makes me doubt that the Shield of Seiros, Caduceus Staff, and Ochain Shield can be stolen.

I tried stealing the Ochain Shield (I was so stumped because Ferdie was stupidly fast at that point) so i don't think they are able to be stolen. 

@DefyingFates + everyone else who wanted to know about the Maid Battalions. 
they're okay. One is defensive, one is somewhat offensive, and  can't remember what the other one is like. 

they're... okay. I'm wondering if they'd be better on harder/maddening (maddening is something i'll never be playing, so i'll figure it out when i get it on hard ) but it's "better" than impregnanable wall - in the sense that you can still do damage, while you're protected. but it's not like you get insane avoid like the Aegir Knights battalion or great defense buffs. so it's just there and they look like maids lol

On 11/27/2019 at 6:18 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I don't believe so. I purchased the Gautier Crest Stone on CF NG+ (Paladin Hubert with Frozen Lance of Ruin was perfection), and had to re-purchase it for BL NG++. Although it's possible something changes if you buy all the Crest Stones, I didn't try that.

i was contemplating this this morning. I think the ones you get are only if you play the route.