The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So house Riegan is said to be a cadet branche of house Blaiddyd. Would this mean the hero Riegan was the brother and vassal of the hero Blaiddyd? Does it mean Claude and Dimitri are technically family? 

i think it's something akin to Judith and Ingrid. a branch off?

On 12/20/2019 at 9:26 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Has anyone collected the stats (either L1+growth or just L5) for the new batallions? I don't see them on Serenes yet. The Nuvelle batallions, Reaper Knights, Secret Transport, etc.

Okay here we go (I do have Reaper Knights as well)

Nuvelle Chamberlain Co: Battleground Cafe. (35) Allies within range gain Str+ 4, Last One Turn (3/3)
highly capable chamberlains who served faithfully in the dissolved House Nuvelle
Requires C in Authority

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +8 ..........Avo: +0
MAtk +0.......... Prt: +1
Hit: +10............Rsl: +7
Crit+10............Cha: +5

MT---
Hit: 100

X
XXX
XXXXX

Nuvelle Attendants Co: Absolute Defense:(45) Allies within range gain Def+6, lasts on turn. (2/2)
highly capable ladies in waiting who served with pride in the dissolved House Nuvelle 
Requires C in Authority

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +0 .........Avo: +10
Matl: +8...........Prt: +1 
Hit: +0  ............Rsl: +7
Crit: +10......... Cha: +5

MT---
Hit: 100

X
XXX
XXXXX

Nuvelle Stewards Co: Battleground Cleanup(45): Atk Foes within Range (1/1)
the best of the best these attendants are an elite unit of the dissolved House Nuvelle
Requires C in Authority

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +5 .........Avo: +5
Matl: +5...........Prt: +1 
Hit: +10  ............Rsl: +7
Crit: +10......... Cha: +10

MT 15
Hit 40

XXX
XXX

Secret Transport Force: Stride (105), (2/2)
Anna's secret weapon in her eternal effort to maintain the highest profit margins
Requires B In Authority (Flying Battalion)

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +3 .........Avo: +15
Matl: +0...........Prt: +5 
Hit: +0  ............Rsl: +5
Crit: +0......... Cha: +8

MT --
Hit 100

X
XXX
XXVXX
XXX
X

Reaper Knights: Assault Troop (105) (2/2)
Calvary trained personally by the Death Knight
Requires a B in Authority (Cavlary Battalion)

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +7 .........Avo: +15
Matl: -2...........Prt: +4
Hit: +0  ............Rsl: +0
Crit: +10......... Cha: +1

MT 10
Hit 50

X
X
X
X
^

----

that's everything. I hope it helps!

Edited by daisy jane

On 12/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, daisy jane said:

Secret Transport Force: Stride (105), (2/2)
Anna's secret weapon in her eternal effort to maintain the highest profit margins
Requires B In Authority (Flying Battalion)

Final Battalion Stats
PAtk: +3 .........Avo: +15
Matl: +0...........Prt: +5 
Hit: +0  ............Rsl: +5
Crit: +0......... Cha: +8

Flying Stride

The Goddess is dead, and we have killed her.

I've looked up some strats online about the mock battle in maddening mode, and a LOT of people suggested buying bows. But I'm sure I checked, you can't buy items that early in the game. Am I wrong and there's some way to access the shops before the mock battle?

Another map I'm comparing notes on is the first (forced) auxilliary battle. Permadeath is still turned off for that fight right? I remember hearing that and thinking, "oh that makes sense, it's an exercise with church soldiers, and Sothis narratively only gives you the turnwheel once your students can actually die". Can anybody confirm?

The quests that give you access to the shops are in Chapter 2 unless I'm going crazy. You can get a few extra items by trading them from the lords whose routes you aren't doing in the Prologue and also taking things from the PCs you aren't using for the mock battle, but that's it.

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Flying Stride

The Goddess is dead, and we have killed her.

LOL i use this. so much

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Also Avo+15 on a flying batallion (i.e. stacks with their passive to reach Avo+25).

@daisy jane Thank you very much!

oh you are welcome!

8 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The quests that give you access to the shops are in Chapter 2 unless I'm going crazy. You can get a few extra items by trading them from the lords whose routes you aren't doing in the Prologue and also taking things from the PCs you aren't using for the mock battle, but that's it.

no you should be able to access the shops right away.  the traders don't open up until Chapter 3, you have to clear a path. 

6 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

You cannot access the Armory until Chapter 2: https://imgur.com/a/zNvmBYN

You can, however, access it at Chapter 1 on NG+, which is why I think some people are confused.

Can confirm. Just beat the mock battle on NG and the earliest point you can buy from the item shop and armory is immediately after beating it. The marketplace option is no longer greyed out from Byleth's room and the battle prep screen. That same day is a (forced) explore session, but you can walk to the marketplace from there as well so no worries about "missing your chance"

Edited by Glennstavos

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I completed the Silver Maiden paralogue on BL by going for an early takedown of Hubert, was anything of value lost by doing so?

Some enemies have stat boosters to steal, but that's about it.

So, how much does the dancer’s starting position matter in chapter 13 in all paths except CF? How does it differ with each path? Because I have been mulling over this a while.

Thought that the top-left corner was the best place for a dancer to be, considering they come early and are closer to Byleth and their starting partner.

11 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

So, how much does the dancer’s starting position matter in chapter 13 in all paths except CF? How does it differ with each path? Because I have been mulling over this a while.

Thought that the top-left corner was the best place for a dancer to be, considering they come early and are closer to Byleth and their starting partner.

I dunno. I think that spot is more in danger than the bottom left.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno. I think that spot is more in danger than the bottom left.

Good point. In BL, Mercedes and Annette can probably just wait down there until the gang comes back down.

Top right should be fine, since the gang can just put the enemies nearest to them in a pincer.

So, I have a big question about the game at present. Probably one no one would really expect right now.

I'm wondering what to do with my copy. I don't know if I want it anymore. The reason is that my choices are either I somehow clear Azure Moon chapter 17 or get rid of the game. The former looks impossible for me since I've tried probably dozens of time at this point to do so. I think the game in general is too hard too. It's how I feel. And while the latter I could probably do without much trouble and get decent money for the game, I don't REALLY want to have to sell the game. but if I'm not playing it anymore, what's the point in keeping it? I don't see how I'd ever change my mind about not playing it right now. I'll just continue to have a hard time with it.

I was playing normal/classic. I always play classic and never casual, btw. I'd rather become a better player, not give myself crutches. I don't get why the lowest difficulty is so hard though. I didn't even struggle this much with RD and I've heard that a lot of people complained about its difficulty. TH is the first time I've seriously struggled in an FE game, in fact (though if I'd played Fates Conquest, that statement would probably not be true). I cleared Verdant Wind, but I still had somewhat of a hard time there as well, particularly with the final chapter.

So yeah, I just don't know now if I should keep trying to move on in Azure Moon for whatever reason or if I'd really be better off ditching the game for some extra cash.

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like I need to add that she rarely uses gambits and her Mercedes does not know restore to help with the fire hill. She thinks gambits are unnecessary. She didn't level up Mercedes enough before now, and I don't know any of her team levels or anything.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I have a big question about the game at present. Probably one no one would really expect right now.

I'm wondering what to do with my copy. I don't know if I want it anymore. The reason is that my choices are either I somehow clear Azure Moon chapter 17 or get rid of the game. The former looks impossible for me since I've tried probably dozens of time at this point to do so. I think the game in general is too hard too. It's how I feel. And while the latter I could probably do without much trouble and get decent money for the game, I don't REALLY want to have to sell the game. but if I'm not playing it anymore, what's the point in keeping it? I don't see how I'd ever change my mind about not playing it right now. I'll just continue to have a hard time with it.

I was playing normal/classic. I always play classic and never casual, btw. I'd rather become a better player, not give myself crutches. I don't get why the lowest difficulty is so hard though. I didn't even struggle this much with RD and I've heard that a lot of people complained about its difficulty. TH is the first time I've seriously struggled in an FE game, in fact (though if I'd played Fates Conquest, that statement would probably not be true). I cleared Verdant Wind, but I still had somewhat of a hard time there as well, particularly with the final chapter.

So yeah, I just don't know now if I should keep trying to move on in Azure Moon for whatever reason or if I'd really be better off ditching the game for some extra cash.

Precisely what is causing you trouble? Personally, I had recruited other units from the other houses to bolster my forces. Anyway, I would avoid the central hill where Bernadetta or her replacement is, as that aggros the third army in its entirety. What are your levels, by the by?

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Precisely what is causing you trouble? Personally, I had recruited other units from the other houses to bolster my forces. Anyway, I would avoid the central hill where Bernadetta or her replacement is, as that aggros the third army in its entirety.

Byleth and Dimitri keep dying because Claude's group overwhelms me when I take the central hill. Edelgard lighting the hill on fire doesn't help either and that's something she didn't do in this fight in my Verdant Wind run. I'd remember such a thing if she did.

And I have to take the central hill BECAUSE of Bernadetta, or else my fliers are useless because she's manning a ballista that'll snipe them from afar. And she'll snipe someone else if not the fliers.

I don't recruit many characters from outside my house. I'm not interested in them enough and it isn't like I can deploy them all at once anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Whether you believe in gambits or not, Impregnable Wall will very much help you with that problem. Claude and Bernadetta can't kill you if they're stuck doing 1 damage and then you can go in and kill them on player phase. Felix is super good for that by the way, give him gauntlets for a guaranteed KO as he's generally fast enough to strike 4 times with them. Dimitri can also generally OHKO Claude if you get him on player phase. Battalion Wrath+Vantage Dimitri with retribution will take care of Claude on enemy phase before the guy can even hit him, but personally I'd focus on the first strategies as they're useful for Bernadetta as well.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Byleth and Dimitri keep dying because Claude's group overwhelms me when I take the central hill. Edelgard lighting the hill on fire doesn't help either and that's something she didn't do in this fight in my Verdant Wind run. I'd remember such a thing if she did.

And I have to take the central hill BECAUSE of Bernadetta, or else my fliers are useless because she's manning a ballista that'll snipe them from afar. And she'll snipe someone else if not the fliers.

I don't recruit many characters from outside my house. I'm not interested in them enough and it isn't like I can deploy them all at once anyway.

Personally, I find it best to ignore the central hill in favour of attacking the Imperial units. Eventually, Claude's team will move and then the Imperial army and the Alliance army might start beating each other up (if they run into them. the Demonic Beasts especially tend to keep the yellow team occupied for a while). That's what I did anyway, except the yellow team was the Kingdom army, and I had poached some units so I didn't have to deal with them (special mention to Petra for being hard to hit. Also, spoiler alert; you'll have to face her again). Well, that, and second, I wanted to have more than like only 4 reliable units on my team. Incidentally, Edelgard will burn the central hill if a yellow unit gets there.