Jump to content
Captain Karnage

The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

I had a question regarding crests on Edelgard and Lysithea. I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

  Hide contents

So Lysithea I recall had her lifespan greatly shortened after receiving a second crest, correct? Was it actually the same with Edelgard or was it that her lifespan was actually increased instead of decreased? Did this have to do with it being the Crest of Flames? Also is there an ending where they actually are able to get rid of their crests? I can't remember if someone tells Lysithea in a support conversation that there may actually be a way to remove her extra crest. So by doing that I'd assume it'd reestablish what her lifespan is supposed to be. That could've been a detail in Edelgard and Lysithea's ending too, but I don't recall. Extra question, if they are able to remove the crests and do, do their hair colors also return to normal?

 

Spoiler

 

For Edelgard there is no direct confirmation. She doesn't speak about it like Lysithea does, leading many people to theorize that she may suffer from a decreased lifespan as well, but since there's nothing said about it in game it's only speculation.

As for Lysithea, there are certain paired endings where they do figure out how to remove her crest though it never mentions her hair returning to normal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:
  Hide contents

 

For Edelgard there is no direct confirmation. She doesn't speak about it like Lysithea does, leading many people to theorize that she may suffer from a decreased lifespan as well, but since there's nothing said about it in game it's only speculation.

As for Lysithea, there are certain paired endings where they do figure out how to remove her crest though it never mentions her hair returning to normal.

 

 

Spoiler

The Edelgard/Lysithea ending pretty much confirms that Edelgard's lifespan is also shortened: "With careful analysis of ancient techniques, they discovered ways to recover the years of life that had been stolen from them."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skarthe said:
  Hide contents

The Edelgard/Lysithea ending pretty much confirms that Edelgard's lifespan is also shortened: "With careful analysis of ancient techniques, they discovered ways to recover the years of life that had been stolen from them."

 

Spoiler

Well that's... vague as heck. And if it's only in one ending out of how many for Edelgard? I don't know if I take that as confirmation personally, but it is good to know. I've never paired those two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ruruo said:

I'm also thinking about keeping Byleth to Lv1. until Ch10 for EO bases, then just Pegasus ---> Falcon Knight. I'm not sure how realistic this whole plan is so far. 

Yeah, I'm thinking this is a really bad idea. Byleth is likely going to be one of your best units, so doing this will severely cripple you for a lot of the game with no real gain to show for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alistair said:

Is Rhea's tea time stuff paid DLC? Or is it part of the free updates like 25 save slots and Jeritza? 

It's free. It also comes with lost items for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid question time!

Having reached Chapter 9 on my Maddening run, I've come to a decision I have no idea of the right answer for: who I make a dancer. I've got options for sure though, possibly for days.

Marianne: Probably the most sensible choice really. Good charm, spells, in a great place for the worst chapter, can use the sword skills. But I'd like to consider her use outside of dancing as she's turned out super good this run and will have multiple classes available to her as well.

Lysithea: Fat chance. her Charm's very low and she's already a good mage. Just mentioning because of her magic access.

Ignatz: On the one hand, why him? I'd say because it'd cement his long term viability..... But he already has rallies and is near B+ bows.

Raphael: Low charm limits him but it would guarantee him to be used beyond the worst chapter. He'd get nothing from the skills unlike the other GD members.

Lorenz: It's possible, but his charm's not great, he's working towards magic and lances and I wouldn't think too much on using him otherwise as it stands.

Linhardt: Mentioning as he'll be support all game anyway, but his charm's not high and he has Warp as well.

Mercedes: Having just been recruited, she's got great bases and her spell list isn't exactly one where she needs to be using it all map. She'd also be used in Part 2 for sure and it'd be a very good reason to.

Flayn: Also guaranteed to win, she's not exactly stellar for combat, her support spells are alright at best and she doesn't have much going on long term otherwise. Is that enough to argue for her?

Byleth: I wish.

Spoiler

Also in tangents I killed DK with Knightkneeler in Chapter 8. Hilda's a beast, Death and Darting blow will make her have insane PP.

Edited by Dayni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Having reached Chapter 9 on my Maddening run, I've come to a decision I have no idea of the right answer for: who I make a dancer. I've got options for sure though, possibly for days.

I think the real question is, do you really want a dancer? If you're having trouble then I'd say yes. If no, then consider just giving the class to someone who uses swords simply for the sword avoid+20. Equip the skill and never look back at the class.

If yes, from the units you mentioned I remember Marianne having early access to a 3-range spell, which makes it easier for her to help with linked attacks, since she won't be attacking much herself. Otherwise I vote Flayn, because I never really got a good Flayn and dancing makes her useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2020 at 5:13 AM, Moltz23 said:

It's fairly smooth overall. Maddening lowers the amount of exp you get compared to Normal and Hard, so it's a given you're gonna be a while in the beginner/intermediate classes, which by itself gives you a ton of time to grind for skills. With magic users it gets a bit more complicated tho, as they're gonna struggle a ton without their magic if you want them to learn stuff like Hit +20 or Darting Blow (their common users fortunately do learn Combat Arts like Hex Blade/Frozen Lance/Lightning Axe, which can mitigate this issue somewhat).

@Moltz23
Ahh okay that makes so much sense with the exp drop 

On 8/7/2020 at 6:44 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Neither of these really require much grinding. Weight-3 is 300 armour exp, so if you can make the investment early (when the skill is most useful) it can pay off quite well. 300 exp is 15 weeks of instruction even if you do no tutoring, and quite a bit less if you do. It's a solid option (and you should definitely do it for the characters strong in armour IMO) but not a must, whether I do it tends to depend on how expensive the rest of the character's build is.

Mastering two intermediate jobs is also quite doable, though I wouldn't try to do it on the entire team. If you target the Knowledge Gem from Tales of the Red Canyon as one of your first paralogues, then the PC with it should have no trouble at all. Otherwise it varies... Maddening reducing exp intake means you do actually spend a bit more time in lower-tier classes than you may be used to from Hard, so getting two masteries by Level 20 isn't completely crazy, but I usually find that without a Knowledge Gem I can expect to wait a little bit extra (say Level ~22) before jumping to Advance tier. Death Blow + Darting Blow is a heck of a drug, though; once I saw that in action it became hard to not do it with every female physical unit.

Having done an almost-no-monastery run of Maddening, you shouldn't feel like you have to put in more investment than you find enjoyable. Doing loads of extra fishing to grind professor rank feels like one of the most boring things imaginable to me, and the extra grinding via aux fights is completely unnecessary, so again do it only if you have fun with it. Monastery is necessary for recruitment and building Byleth supports at a reasonable rate but otherwise if you're sick of it you can do seminars instead, which do about as well for skill exp gain (they're not as good at motivation recharge and you'll lose out on some activity points for instructing, but on the flipside you get a whole bunch of skill exp directly).

 

I'll let someone who has actually done this on Maddening chime in but that sounds painful to me. Byleth is usually one of the top 2-3 best units on your team, so not being able to use him/her until chapter 10 (while s/he still eats a unit slot in every story fight and paralogue) will be rough. Additionally, you'll miss out on class masteries which are a big deal (HP+5, stat+2, reposition-type skill, Death Blow/Darting Blow/etc.)... you can make  those up later of course but that's still adding to the catchup. And EO bases don't look very good compared to Maddening enemies in chapter 11, so you'll need to start catching up  levels before you really see the benefit to this build at all. Basically I think you'll be making your chapter 1-10 much harder in exchange for only a modest increase in performance in the last quarter of the game.

@Dark Holy Elf

Yeah, thanks for writing this. You make good points and put into perspective about keeping Byleth to Lv1. I don't want to play catch up with masteries, and it's not like I can use renown since it's NG. On my last Hard run I kept Byleth to Lv1 until Ch11, and Dimitri Lv 1 until Ch13. It was surprisingly painless, even for Ch13, but I don't think I can get away with it on maddening. I could try it and see what happens for Byleth, but I'm leaning towards not doing it. 

Really reassuring to know that monastery isn't that essential. I like this game, but after multiple playthroughs monastery sections drive me loony lol. 

[/spoiler]

10 hours ago, Garsoba said:


Make sure you get death/fiendish blow and that your units have support synergy for hit and you should be fine in regards to masteries.  Weight -3, in my opinion, helps 1, maybe 2 units and from what I can tell aren’t in your plans.  Hit +20 is always helpful but not by any means necessary if you know how to lean on linked attacks.  Darting blow is a bit overrated in my opinion, my Pegasus units usually drop it later on in favor of S/S+ rank abilities at the latest.  Anyone going for a brave combat art damn sure doesn’t need it, ie Shamir.

 

Professor C+ pretty much is all you need at minimum if you want to explore prior to every tutor day.  You don’t need to tutor each time but you’d have to feel out maddening yourself to know what stages it’s good to do so.  Chapter 3 I typically go full tutor to get any relevant budding talents or D ranks that are ideal to have.  

What I like to have now in my runs is:

 

* Leonie/Ingrid/Petra respectively I make sword wielding Pegasus/Falcon knights with a stop in Assassin in between for my dodge tank.  I give them the Dancer class for the sword avoid but outside of maps that I can one round, I don’t use Dancer.  I set my goals to Lance/Flying and don’t bother with death blow since this is a primarily an enemy phase unit. I will greenhouse mixed herb seeds basically the entire game to shore up strength screwed units.

 

* in what might be a super controversial move, Hubert/Dedue/Hilda become adjuct backpacks as soon as I get Prof C rank for their lords.  They’re far more useful as that than combat units in my opinion.  Hubert will rock early game with Frozen Lance and Dedue will be a good tank for early game as well, but none of them really turn into anything fun.  You can go vengeance Dedue if you really want to, but I prefer my Vengeance units to be flyers and Cyril can do it better along with PBV if I want a unit like that in AM.   Flayn becomes a Byleth adjuct since she’s forced on you and is also unremarkable.


* 2-3 of the Sylvain/Ferdinand/Seteth swift strikes triumvirate.  Ferdie only in the BE routes.  I let Seteth stay a flyer but I make the others Paladins.  After certification for Paladin though I swap goals to axe/flying to unlock wyvern rider for a flying option if the map dictates I should.

 

* 2 Snipers, this is typically Shamir and whatever in house unit I deem worthless, which is often Ashe/Caspar/Raphael.  Even with Bow banes for 2 of them, it works.  Just requires some pushing with tutoring or adjuct usage.

 

* 1 Dedicated Healer.  This is a Mercedes/Dorothea/Marianne for me.  Dorothea for Gremory access.

 

* 1 Warp/Damage caster.  Mostly Lysithea across all routes.  Lindhardt (And Annette but no warp) are passable going dark knight.  I recruit Lorenz with Lysithea for the relic then let him die his traitorous death in SS/AM.

 

*  Outside of that it’s dealers choice.  I suggest Byleth be a flyer on AM, Edelgard be a Flyer on CF.  I suggest 2-3 flyers each route but anymore is not necessary and actually impedes your battalion usage which battalions are the biggest difference maker.  War Master Felix, Falcon Knight Vengeance Bernie, Bow Knight Lethality Ignatz are all personal favorites of mine. 

 
Keeping Byleth level 1 until chapter 11 can be done in theory but good luck.  He’s a force deploy on paralogues and will be difficult to protect in some.

 

[/spoiler]

@Garsoba
Thank you so much for typing that up. It's good to know that Professor Lv C+ is enough as a minimum. That sounds very reasonable, and doable. 
May I ask why it's essential to have Byleth as a Flier by Ch13? I was initially thinking of keeping her as EO. 

Atm, rough plans for end classes:

Byleth as Falcon Knight. Could also just get her Peg Knight Certification by Ch13, and keep as EO for rest of the game? I do want the EO mastery at least. 
Dimitri standard Great Lord (maybe Bow Knight or at least enough in Bows for Curved Shot. I quite like him in his default class) 
Felix as Bow knight (with Sniper mastery to have the option of either Hunter's Volley or extra range/mov). I have heard great things about War Master Felix, as mentioned tho, it's tempting. 
Annette as a Valkyrie (Stride+Rally+Chip Damage) 
Sylvain as WL, or if working through a bane isn't so bad, maybe Bow Knight Sylvain?
Mercedes as Bishop

Recruited units it'll likely be Lythesia + Lorenz (There's also Hapi as another option for Warp, but it's hard to match Lythesia for power, and I don't want to replace Annette.)
And Ferdinand. I've had good runs with him being both Bow Knight and Wyvern Lord. I think I prefer him as WL, but it makes more sense to have him as a Bow knight without the bane and Sylvain as WL.

Additional flier and dancer between: Ingrid and Ashe. 
I've had both good and bad experiences with Ashe with the bow Wyvern build. I could set him up as WL, and if he turns out wonky before getting there, keep him as a sniper. As a dancer I like the idea of Ashe having access to Physic, and Waning Shot on paper, but never tried it. For Ingrid, it's more I'm worried maddening enemy stats making her useless with her low str, and don't need to worry about it if she's a dancer. 

 Hm.. I think a lot of folks are going to use bows... 

Could try and see how far I can cope with not using Byleth on this run, but idk. I think Dark Holy Elf has a point about missing masteries on beginner and intermediate class. I can see myself being too lazy to play catch up. I don't want to be unprepared for difficulty spikes either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
Quote

It's fairly smooth overall. Maddening lowers the amount of exp you get compared to Normal and Hard, so it's a given you're gonna be a while in the beginner/intermediate classes, which by itself gives you a ton of time to grind for skills. With magic users it gets a bit more complicated tho, as they're gonna struggle a ton without their magic if you want them to learn stuff like Hit +20 or Darting Blow (their common users fortunately do learn Combat Arts like Hex Blade/Frozen Lance/Lightning Axe, which can mitigate this issue somewhat). 

 

@Moltz23
Ahh okay that makes so much sense with the exp drop  

 

Spoiler
Quote

Neither of these really require much grinding. Weight-3 is 300 armour exp, so if you can make the investment early (when the skill is most useful) it can pay off quite well. 300 exp is 15 weeks of instruction even if you do no tutoring, and quite a bit less if you do. It's a solid option (and you should definitely do it for the characters strong in armour IMO) but not a must, whether I do it tends to depend on how expensive the rest of the character's build is. 

Mastering two intermediate jobs is also quite doable, though I wouldn't try to do it on the entire team. If you target the Knowledge Gem from Tales of the Red Canyon as one of your first paralogues, then the PC with it should have no trouble at all. Otherwise it varies... Maddening reducing exp intake means you do actually spend a bit more time in lower-tier classes than you may be used to from Hard, so getting two masteries by Level 20 isn't completely crazy, but I usually find that without a Knowledge Gem I can expect to wait a little bit extra (say Level ~22) before jumping to Advance tier. Death Blow + Darting Blow is a heck of a drug, though; once I saw that in action it became hard to not do it with every female physical unit. 

Having done an almost-no-monastery run of Maddening, you shouldn't feel like you have to put in more investment than you find enjoyable. Doing loads of extra fishing to grind professor rank feels like one of the most boring things imaginable to me, and the extra grinding via aux fights is completely unnecessary, so again do it only if you have fun with it. Monastery is necessary for recruitment and building Byleth supports at a reasonable rate but otherwise if you're sick of it you can do seminars instead, which do about as well for skill exp gain (they're not as good at motivation recharge and you'll lose out on some activity points for instructing, but on the flipside you get a whole bunch of skill exp directly). 

 

@Dark Holy Elf
Yeah, thanks for writing this. You make good points and put into perspective about keeping Byleth to Lv1. I don't want to play catch up with masteries, and it's not like I can use renown since it's NG. On my last Hard run I kept Byleth to Lv1 until Ch11, and Dimitri Lv 1 until Ch13. It was surprisingly painless, even for Ch13, but I don't think I can get away with it on maddening. I could try it and see what happens for Byleth, but I'm leaning towards not doing it. 

Really reassuring to know that monastery isn't that essential. I like this game, but after multiple playthroughs monastery sections drive me loony lol.  


 

Spoiler
Quote

Make sure you get death/fiendish blow and that your units have support synergy for hit and you should be fine in regards to masteries.  Weight -3, in my opinion, helps 1, maybe 2 units and from what I can tell aren’t in your plans.  Hit +20 is always helpful but not by any means necessary if you know how to lean on linked attacks.  Darting blow is a bit overrated in my opinion, my Pegasus units usually drop it later on in favor of S/S+ rank abilities at the latest.  Anyone going for a brave combat art damn sure doesn’t need it, ie Shamir. 

 

Professor C+ pretty much is all you need at minimum if you want to explore prior to every tutor day.  You don’t need to tutor each time but you’d have to feel out maddening yourself to know what stages it’s good to do so.  Chapter 3 I typically go full tutor to get any relevant budding talents or D ranks that are ideal to have.   

What I like to have now in my runs is: 

 

* Leonie/Ingrid/Petra respectively I make sword wielding Pegasus/Falcon knights with a stop in Assassin in between for my dodge tank.  I give them the Dancer class for the sword avoid but outside of maps that I can one round, I don’t use Dancer.  I set my goals to Lance/Flying and don’t bother with death blow since this is a primarily an enemy phase unit. I will greenhouse mixed herb seeds basically the entire game to shore up strength screwed units. 

 

* in what might be a super controversial move, Hubert/Dedue/Hilda become adjuct backpacks as soon as I get Prof C rank for their lords.  They’re far more useful as that than combat units in my opinion.  Hubert will rock early game with Frozen Lance and Dedue will be a good tank for early game as well, but none of them really turn into anything fun.  You can go vengeance Dedue if you really want to, but I prefer my Vengeance units to be flyers and Cyril can do it better along with PBV if I want a unit like that in AM.   Flayn becomes a Byleth adjuct since she’s forced on you and is also unremarkable. 


* 2-3 of the Sylvain/Ferdinand/Seteth swift strikes triumvirate.  Ferdie only in the BE routes.  I let Seteth stay a flyer but I make the others Paladins.  After certification for Paladin though I swap goals to axe/flying to unlock wyvern rider for a flying option if the map dictates I should. 

 

* 2 Snipers, this is typically Shamir and whatever in house unit I deem worthless, which is often Ashe/Caspar/Raphael.  Even with Bow banes for 2 of them, it works.  Just requires some pushing with tutoring or adjuct usage. 

 

* 1 Dedicated Healer.  This is a Mercedes/Dorothea/Marianne for me.  Dorothea for Gremory access. 

 

* 1 Warp/Damage caster.  Mostly Lysithea across all routes.  Lindhardt (And Annette but no warp) are passable going dark knight.  I recruit Lorenz with Lysithea for the relic then let him die his traitorous death in SS/AM. 

 

*  Outside of that it’s dealers choice.  I suggest Byleth be a flyer on AM, Edelgard be a Flyer on CF.  I suggest 2-3 flyers each route but anymore is not necessary and actually impedes your battalion usage which battalions are the biggest difference maker.  War Master Felix, Falcon Knight Vengeance Bernie, Bow Knight Lethality Ignatz are all personal favorites of mine.  

 
Keeping Byleth level 1 until chapter 11 can be done in theory but good luck.  He’s a force deploy on paralogues and will be difficult to protect in some. 

 

 

@Garsoba
Thank you so much for typing that up. It's good to know that Professor Lv C+ is enough as a minimum. That sounds very reasonable, and doable. 
May I ask why it's essential to have Byleth as a Flier by Ch13? I was initially thinking of keeping her as EO.  

Atm, rough plans for end classes:

Byleth as Falcon Knight. Could also just get her Peg Knight Certification by Ch13, and keep as EO for rest of the game? I do want the EO mastery at least. 
Dimitri standard Great Lord (maybe Bow Knight or at least enough in Bows for Curved Shot. I quite like him in his default class) 
Felix as Bow knight (with Sniper mastery to have the option of either Hunter's Volley or extra range/mov). I have heard great things about War Master Felix, as mentioned tho, it's tempting. 
Annette as a Valkyrie (Stride+Rally+Chip Damage) 
Sylvain as WL, or if working through a bane isn't so bad, maybe Bow Knight Sylvain?
Mercedes as Bishop

Recruited units it'll likely be Lythesia + Lorenz (There's also Hapi as another option for Warp, but it's hard to match Lythesia for power, and I don't want to replace Annette.)
And Ferdinand. I've had good runs with him being both Bow Knight and Wyvern Lord. I think I prefer him as WL, but it makes more sense to have him as a Bow knight without the bane and Sylvain as WL. 

Additional flier and dancer between: Ingrid and Ashe. 
I've had both good and bad experiences with Ashe with the bow Wyvern build. I could set him up as WL, and if he turns out wonky before getting there, keep him as a sniper. As a dancer I like the idea of Ashe having access to Physic, and Waning Shot on paper, but never tried it. For Ingrid, it's more I'm worried maddening enemy stats making her useless with her low str, and don't need to worry about it if she's a dancer. 

 Hm.. I think a lot of folks are going to use bows...  


Could try and see how far I can cope with not using Byleth on this run, but idk. I think Dark Holy Elf has a point about missing masteries on beginner and intermediate class. I can see myself being too lazy to play catch up. I don't want to be unprepared for difficulty spikes either.  

Edited by ruruo
h*ly formatting T__T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler


10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Stupid question time!

Having reached Chapter 9 on my Maddening run, I've come to a decision I have no idea of the right answer for: who I make a dancer. I've got options for sure though, possibly for days.

Marianne: Probably the most sensible choice really. Good charm, spells, in a great place for the worst chapter, can use the sword skills. But I'd like to consider her use outside of dancing as she's turned out super good this run and will have multiple classes available to her as well.

Lysithea: Fat chance. her Charm's very low and she's already a good mage. Just mentioning because of her magic access.

Ignatz: On the one hand, why him? I'd say because it'd cement his long term viability..... But he already has rallies and is near B+ bows.

Raphael: Low charm limits him but it would guarantee him to be used beyond the worst chapter. He'd get nothing from the skills unlike the other GD members.

Lorenz: It's possible, but his charm's not great, he's working towards magic and lances and I wouldn't think too much on using him otherwise as it stands.

Linhardt: Mentioning as he'll be support all game anyway, but his charm's not high and he has Warp as well.

Mercedes: Having just been recruited, she's got great bases and her spell list isn't exactly one where she needs to be using it all map. She'd also be used in Part 2 for sure and it'd be a very good reason to.

Flayn: Also guaranteed to win, she's not exactly stellar for combat, her support spells are alright at best and she doesn't have much going on long term otherwise. Is that enough to argue for her?

Byleth: I wish.

  Hide contents

Also in tangents I killed DK with Knightkneeler in Chapter 8. Hilda's a beast, Death and Darting blow will make her have insane PP.


 

In my current run I made Marianne my dancer. She's a good option for the points you made. Though after a couple of recent and long discussions about how good her Frozen Lance can be (here and here), I kinda wish I did that with her since it sounds more fun. I'd prefer for her Holy/Dark Knight route over the flying route though to keep her spells as options and she can both heal and attack. That's not to say I regret making her my dancer though.

On the other hand, I always see Flayn as a strong candidate for dancer who is also a strong backup healer/support. She can still use Fortify and Rescue which are extremely useful. In my current run I opted to make Flayn my main healer as a gremory to have double Fortify/Rescue even if she doesn't have Physic. My backup healers are Marianne and Lorenz, occasionally Lysithea and even Byleth since I'm going with EO this run. More healing than I could ever need there but it's never a bad option to have so long as you're not sacrificing a better class.

Lorenz doesn't have too many good build options going for him but he's not bad at what he does either (ie. the monk > Dark Knight route). The way I see it is if you don't want to make Marianne or Flayn dancers because you'd rather do something else with them, then he's an okay fallback dancer option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Owns said:

Lorenz doesn't have too many good build options going for him but he's not bad at what he does either (ie. the monk > Dark Knight route). The way I see it is if you don't want to make Marianne or Flayn dancers because you'd rather do something else with them, then he's an okay fallback dancer option.

I agree with this. Might end up doing that if I do VW Maddening someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, I'm thinking this is a really bad idea. Byleth is likely going to be one of your best units, so doing this will severely cripple you for a lot of the game with no real gain to show for it.

Also, I don't believe you'll be able to recruit anyone who joins based on level (Cyril, Catherine, Shamir, Hanneman, Manuela, Alois) - at least, not until you start leveling Byleth. So not a great idea if you want to use any of the Church units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Also, I don't believe you'll be able to recruit anyone who joins based on level (Cyril, Catherine, Shamir, Hanneman, Manuela, Alois) - at least, not until you start leveling Byleth. So not a great idea if you want to use any of the Church units.

Can't you still go the A rank supports route? I know they won't randomly join your house once you get B support, but A rank should still remove their recruitment conditions, right?

EDIT: NG+ only I suppose, everyone's A rank is locked to post-timeskip

Edited by haarhaarhaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Bk1234 said:

If I want to create three separate save files for each house, is there a way to do it without having to create another user?

I tested this out and i don't think you can, but even if you were to do that, you'd only save about 10+ minutes before choosing a house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, Moltz23 said:

This is not exactly a question but rather a follow-up/update to one I had days ago about what I believed was scrapped dialogue surrounding Edelgard's Coronation Event.

Well, someone did some testing and it turns out the "unused" variation of the event was never actually unused to begin with:

 

I thought I remembered seeing that when I played SS a few months ago.

I guess I just confused it when they said it went unused.

And question time, because I'm trying to find some guides on the Part 1 paralogues, mainly because I'm a bit stuck right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And question time, because I'm trying to find some guides on the Part 1 paralogues, mainly because I'm a bit stuck right now

Any paralogues in particular? https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki and https://fe3h.com/paralogues will give you the info you need to plan stuff out if that's your concern, though I'm not sure how complete their strategy sections are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at the point in the game where I need to pick a dancer, but it's honestly been giving be a headache. I've asked around but haven't made a definitive choice. 

My full endgame team is Byleth, Dimitri, Felix, Annette, Ingrid, Mercedes, Sylvain, Ashe, Ferdinand, and Lythesia.
Of them I had planned for either Ingrid or Ashe to be the dancer, since they're more prone to getting stat screwed. Atm they've doing ok on Ch9, I'm comfortable with where they're at, and feel like it'll be a waste to put them into dancer, so I feel a little lost over what to do.

I think, I'd rather keep to these 10 characters, since most maps only allow for max 10 deployment. 

I think Ingrid could be good since she has access to Thoron and Physic. Thoron can help with setting up linked skills with Felix and Sylvain. Atm, she's doing ok for str, so feels a waste to turn her into a dancer? I've had good experiences with her on endgame chapters. 

Ashe could also work, since he's usually the most lacking in the Lions, and also has access to Physic. But his str is also ok atm, and he's also the only one I'm planning to run into Sniper. 

Lastly I could go a little chaotic and use Ferdinand lol. He doesn't have good support links other than Mercedes, so I could just delegate him to dancing only, and keep main units as in-house as a theme. It again just feels like such a waste too since he's a natural WL. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check a list of paralogues such as this for the paralogue rewards. Some others may be available from quests, particularly DLC quests (Nuvelle battalions, for instance). Here are the storebought ones:

Chapter 3:
Seiros Magic Corps
Knights of Seiros
Seiros Sacred Monks
Seiros Holy Monks
Church of Seiros Soldiers *also automatic from C2 battalion quest
Seiros Mercenaries *also automatic from C2 battalion quest
Seiros Pegasus Co.
Empire Magic Corps
Empire Archers
Empire Infantry
Empire Knights
Empire Brawlers
Empire Warriors

Chapter 8:
Seiros Armored Co.
Seiros Brawlers
Seiros Archers
Empire Magic Users
Empire Pegasus Co.
Empire Wyvern Co.
Empire Cavalry
Empire Snipers
Empire Pavise Co.
Empire Armored Co.

Chapter 13 CF / 14 SS:
Empire Holy Magic Users
Black Eagle Pegasus Co.
Black Eagle Cavalry
Black Eagle Heavy Axes
Empire Heavy Soldiers
Empire Raiders
Empire Elite Wyvern Co.
Imperial Guard

This list is missing some battalions which are available from other sources, such as Indech Sword Fighters and Macuil Evil Repelling Co which are available from the Hanneman/Manuela paralogue but also storebought post-timeskip. Might be one or two more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Check a list of paralogues such as this for the paralogue rewards. Some others may be available from quests, particularly DLC quests (Nuvelle battalions, for instance). Here are the storebought ones:

Chapter 3:
Seiros Magic Corps
Knights of Seiros
Seiros Sacred Monks
Seiros Holy Monks
Church of Seiros Soldiers *also automatic from C2 battalion quest
Seiros Mercenaries *also automatic from C2 battalion quest
Seiros Pegasus Co.
Empire Magic Corps
Empire Archers
Empire Infantry
Empire Knights
Empire Brawlers
Empire Warriors

Chapter 8:
Seiros Armored Co.
Seiros Brawlers
Seiros Archers
Empire Magic Users
Empire Pegasus Co.
Empire Wyvern Co.
Empire Cavalry
Empire Snipers
Empire Pavise Co.
Empire Armored Co.

Chapter 13 CF / 14 SS:
Empire Holy Magic Users
Black Eagle Pegasus Co.
Black Eagle Cavalry
Black Eagle Heavy Axes
Empire Heavy Soldiers
Empire Raiders
Empire Elite Wyvern Co.
Imperial Guard

This list is missing some battalions which are available from other sources, such as Indech Sword Fighters and Macuil Evil Repelling Co which are available from the Hanneman/Manuela paralogue but also storebought post-timeskip. Might be one or two more.

Thank you. For some reason I thought some of these battalions were only available on the CF route, but I must have been confusing them with Edelgard’s personal battalion. I appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ruruo said:

I'm at the point in the game where I need to pick a dancer, but it's honestly been giving be a headache. I've asked around but haven't made a definitive choice. 

My full endgame team is Byleth, Dimitri, Felix, Annette, Ingrid, Mercedes, Sylvain, Ashe, Ferdinand, and Lythesia.
Of them I had planned for either Ingrid or Ashe to be the dancer, since they're more prone to getting stat screwed. Atm they've doing ok on Ch9, I'm comfortable with where they're at, and feel like it'll be a waste to put them into dancer, so I feel a little lost over what to do.

I think, I'd rather keep to these 10 characters, since most maps only allow for max 10 deployment. 

I think Ingrid could be good since she has access to Thoron and Physic. Thoron can help with setting up linked skills with Felix and Sylvain. Atm, she's doing ok for str, so feels a waste to turn her into a dancer? I've had good experiences with her on endgame chapters. 

Ashe could also work, since he's usually the most lacking in the Lions, and also has access to Physic. But his str is also ok atm, and he's also the only one I'm planning to run into Sniper. 

Lastly I could go a little chaotic and use Ferdinand lol. He doesn't have good support links other than Mercedes, so I could just delegate him to dancing only, and keep main units as in-house as a theme. It again just feels like such a waste too since he's a natural WL. 

I would say Ferdinand and Ingrid both have the makings of an "optimal" Dancer. They're strong in Swords (goes with Sword Avoid+20 for dodge-tanking), they're strong in Riding (so Movement+1 through A+ Riding is achievable), they tend toward middle-of-the-road Charm stats (to easily certify, without feeling like you're wasting a high-Charm unit that could otherwise be doing offensive gambits), and they both have Crests (so they can use the Fetters of Dromi without penalty... admittedly, this one only really applies if you have the DLC). Interestingly, Ferdinand also has Thoron in his spell list, so he can offer similar linked-attack support. I would say whichever one of these seems less essential for non-Dancing purposes would be a good choice. I wouldn't necessarily consider Physic as a boon, since using it means a turn without Dancing. I see the point with Ashe - he doesn't have much going for him - but if you really want a Sniper, and had no one else in mind, then that's a role he could fulfill quite effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...