Golden Deer Team Strategies

After mapping out strengths and weaknesses of each house, I am going to pick the Golden Deer because they seem to naturally fit (based on character strengths/hidden skills) into more Master Classes (my opinion is that the master classes will be worth pursuing over advanced classes). Here's a breakdown of what I am thinking of for a 9 person team, would gladly appreciate any feedback/thoughts 🙂

FYI - I left Byleth off of the list because I don't know the recruiting requirements for some of the strong characters in the other houses and this may impact how I build him/her, but would appreciate recommendations on what class to pick that would fit well with the rest or be nice to have 2 characters in.

image.thumb.png.b8986a90ba305ee016e34e888068dad1.png

You've done a great job so far with your planned classes except for Ignatz.

I always see Ignatz as an Assassin with remarkable Bow Skills and I don't see any Master Class that would fit him. Besides, you would need someone to steal things if Assassin has the skill.

He could work as a Bow Knight. However, when it comes to who to give Master Seals, he's the lowest priority (at least for this house).

For your dancer, Byleth or Dorothea could both be good options. Dorothea has strength in swords and reason, plus her faith can change from a weakness to a strength. Byleth would be a better choice though because they have strengths in swords and authority, and their budding talent in faith isn't a weakness before it changes like Dorothea's is. However they are neutral on reason.

Thanks for the reply! The reason I went with Ignatz as mortal savant is because he has the hidden skill in reason that I want to take advantage of (especially since it seem like mortal savant will be more magic based than swords based on the class description and skill preview in the class video). I thought about the the Bow skill route cause that is all I ever see him as in the videos 🙂 , but since he doesn't have a strength in riding my preference was to put Leonie as the bow knight.

3 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

For your dancer, Byleth or Dorothea could both be good options. Dorothea has strength in swords and reason, plus her faith can change from a weakness to a strength. Byleth would be a better choice though because they have strengths in swords and authority, and their budding talent in faith isn't a weakness before it changes like Dorothea's is. However they are neutral on reason.

Great ideas! The dancer IMO is the most complex of all as I am still uncertain how this class would become available. Not sure if others have experience with this class in other FE games, does it evolve from thief/assassin???

6 minutes ago, AuraPandora said:

Great ideas! The dancer IMO is the most complex of all as I am still uncertain how this class would become available. Not sure if others have experience with this class in other FE games, does it evolve from thief/assassin???

No. Except for Lara in Thracia, and even then, she needed to do something for it to happen.