The Recruitment War (Reruitment Guide)

4 hours ago, nick0807 said:

Has anyone tried this yet? If so, how hard was it to accomplish? 

Depends on the character. It is easier to recruit physically oriented characters over magical characters with the easiest person probably being Felix since right off the bat he was the only student to express any interest in joining due to Byleth's already good Sword and Spd stat.

You have to balance between seminars/faculty training and sharing meals with characters to increase friendship and desired skills. Seminars are good for increasing Byleth's and other students skills at the same time but I find doing the faculty training to be better because you miss out on a lot by not choosing to explore.

Right now I'm trying to get Caspar and Linhardt to join and it seems like I'm close to recruiting Caspar now that I've reached a C support with him and D+ in gauntlets. He'll probably join when I reach C gauntlets.

Linhardt on the other hand has shown no interest in joining yet and it's because Byleth starts out magically challenged. There aren't that many people that raise your reason and even monk doesn't help all that much since it doesn't give an increase in magic growth like one might expect. So he and other magic characters will take a while before you can recruit them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ririn said:

Do you have any class suggestions for F!Byleth since the Hero class is locked to male? I suppose Swordmaster is a good substitute but she might get delay in becoming proficient in Axe. 

Edit: Though, Hilda is the only one who requires this so I might not recruit her. 

Well depends on the route, if your black eagles Pegasus knights are ok substitute, but if your blue lions then cavalier or armour knight would work since i know you want Raphael.

1 hour ago, bufkus said:

I'm trying but it's hard to class change Byleth into a monk early 😛

I found until you get faculty teaching its best to just fight with another weapon, i did lance so it could be built up, im chapter 5 with d+ lance c faith and d+ reason right now, so it seems to be getting there.

16 minutes ago, Deatheggx56 said:

Well depends on the route, if your black eagles Pegasus knights are ok substitute, but if your blue lions then cavalier or armour knight would work since i know you want Raphael.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm currently on the Blue Lions route. I'm going to try this out since I have concluded that I can't leave some of the characters behind. 

I was right about Caspar. I just needed that C in gauntlets to finally recruit him! Also, I guess I spread exp too thinly because Caspar joined at level 7 and that already makes him my highest leveled character since everyone else is at 6 or below.

Something I found out is if you B-rank support with someone  they might ask you themselves on a random day to join your class even if you don't meet the requirements.
For example, Marianne wanted to join my class when I reached B-rank support with her. I tried recruiting her myself when I reached B-rank but she didn't accept. My mag was only 10 and my riding was still E rank. A week later on the calender and she came to me herself asking to join my class. Same happend with Ingrid my flying was still E, but I B-ranked her and she wanted to join my class, she also didn't accept when I tried asking her myself. So I have been trying to B-rank most magic related and riding/armor/flying requirements. I also had a succesfull tea time with them so that might also add to the factor? 

Edited by Volcano

23 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Something I found out is if you B-rank support with someone  they might ask you themselves on a random day to join your class even if you don't meet the requirements.
For example, Marianne wanted to join my class when I reached B-rank support with her. I tried recruiting her myself when I reached B-rank but she didn't accept. My mag was only 10 and my riding was still E rank. A week later on the calender and she came to me herself asking to join my class. Same happend with Ingrid my flying was still E, but I B-ranked her and she wanted to join my class, she also didn't accept when I tried asking her myself. So I have been trying to B-rank most magic related and riding/armor/flying requirements. I also had a succesfull tea time with them so that might also add to the factor? 

Huh, interesting thanks for the info! Update on my end: im chapter 6 with lance d+ reason c and faith c got Ashe and Lysitha.

Thanks for the guide, still getting the hang of recruiting characters. Is there any characters that are recommended for each house? I wish to play through the first run casually by not attempting to recruit everyone. Currently playing on the Black Eagles path. 

Thanks in advance.

Could someone pm me on what the actual decision lets you recruit Hilda? I read somewhere that it was on chapter 10, but none of those descions impact her personnally. I am also on chapter 11 and I still can't get the recruit option for her. Did I miss my chance? Also another note I finished B-ranking another character and once again did not meet the requirements oif recruiting said character and she also offered to join my class, note that this seems to be a random trigger event because I resetted and it didin't trigger one week but after resetting it did trigger. I could recruit lysithea with B-rank with 11 mag and d-faith(she didn't come to me). So it seems the best way to recruit seems to be to b-rank everyone that requires mastery/stats that does not  does not excel in and c rank the ones where the proffesor excels in.

Edited by Volcano

13 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Depends on the character. It is easier to recruit physically oriented characters over magical characters with the easiest person probably being Felix since right off the bat he was the only student to express any interest in joining due to Byleth's already good Sword and Spd stat.

You have to balance between seminars/faculty training and sharing meals with characters to increase friendship and desired skills. Seminars are good for increasing Byleth's and other students skills at the same time but I find doing the faculty training to be better because you miss out on a lot by not choosing to explore.

Right now I'm trying to get Caspar and Linhardt to join and it seems like I'm close to recruiting Caspar now that I've reached a C support with him and D+ in gauntlets. He'll probably join when I reach C gauntlets.

Linhardt on the other hand has shown no interest in joining yet and it's because Byleth starts out magically challenged. There aren't that many people that raise your reason and even monk doesn't help all that much since it doesn't give an increase in magic growth like one might expect. So he and other magic characters will take a while before you can recruit them.

Please let us know when you’ve successfully recruited Linhardt and how you think it worked xD. Got the game yesterday evening, but because I’m too busy, I’ve only gotten past the prologue. But once I’m able to finally starting playing enough, I’m planning on also recruiting Caspar and Linhardt ASAP in my GD playthrough as M!Byleth before trying to recruit anyone else.

I have yet to see anyone on these forums or on reddit say they’ve successfully recruited Linhardt yet. Haven’t checked GameFAQs, but I try to avoid the cesspool that is the Boards/forums there...

Although, it might also be because very few people doing the GD or BL route WANT to recruit Linhardt xD.....I get the impression that the majority of players who want him, is only if they are playing as M!Byleth and want to ultimately S rank romance Linhardt which is what I’m trying to do. He otherwise doesn’t seem to be a very popular/well liked character by the community so far u_u

Edited by xchickengirlx
Additional comment

7 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

Huh, interesting thanks for the info! Update on my end: im chapter 6 with lance d+ reason c and faith c got Ashe and Lysitha.

Do you happen to remember anything else about Lysitha’s rec? I also have C reason and Faith and in my case she’s just interested.

6 minutes ago, jakl201 said:

I managed to get Lysithea by just pumping her support level up, at B+ she finally joined, my char only had 15 and D in faith. 

Ah, in that case I'll try giving her some gifts and grinding her supports. She's the one character I need to have in my BE group.

Start of chapter 6
Str 19, Mag 16, Cha 14
Lance D+, Reason D+, Riding D+

Both Leonie and Marianne joined (at support C, though it's actually a bit more), didn't get Sylvain (also at a bit more than C).
It's a bit difficult to understand how it works because support points matter even if they don't unlock new ranks. I'm pretty pleased though, it's early enough to build the recruits like I want them. Sylvain I think it's just a matter of Cha tbh, I've been a bit RNG screwed I think (14 at level 13 is low considering Byleth's Cha growth).

At this point I think the stat requirements are cut to fit Byleth's stats, I doubt I would've got Leonie with 16 strength.

For Skill Levels I didn't have to waste too much time, my Byleth's been using a Lance regardless because I want to, so it came naturally. Riding was fairly easy, once you get Gilbert that's 3 instructors for it. Reason's a bit of a struggle, but once you get your first spell the ball gets rolling (I had to go Mage to raise Mag though).
Also try to play around the RNG a bit with the faculty instructs, the difference between a "Good" and a "Perfect" is huge. And don't forget to put in Renown! It does make a noticeable difference, especially in the long run.

Now other than Sylvain I'm pursuing Annette, Mag should already be there, and I've been gaining Faith through Choir practice. That one btw is truly an allstar activity, you get support points, motivation, Faith and Authority, always do it imo.

I have c support with Lysithea, 17 mag, and C faith. She still won't join though. 😕 guess I need to keep pumping up supports with other students. Doing black Eagles and in chapter 5 with only Sylvain so far.

I have 22 dex and C level authority but couldn't recruit Ignatz. Anyone think C level supports are required for a minimum level of recruiting or am I going to need some crazy ass high stats to recruit these fools?

1 hour ago, bufkus said:

I have 22 dex and C level authority but couldn't recruit Ignatz. Anyone think C level supports are required for a minimum level of recruiting or am I going to need some crazy ass high stats to recruit these fools?

Which route and chapter are you on? I'm with Blue Lions, and managed to recruit Ignatz very early on (he joined as a level 5 unit). Not sure on the specifics, but I think as you progress through the story, your stats need to be higher to recruit others, so it seems you might need 25 Dex. I needed that amount to recruit Dorothea (for Charm) around chapter 7 or 8.

Unable to recruit Hilda, even though I have a C rank in Axe and 26 Charm at Chapter 9. Anyone know if you need to do go through more of the story to recruit her?

Edited by ShadowMario3

@xchickengirlx I actually recruited Linhardt soon after getting Caspar.

It seems like just getting a B support is enough to recruit anyone because I still had D reason and only 8 magic but he was eager to join the class despite being completely uninterested the week before. So I guess just B support him asap by sharing meals/tea time/gifts and he'll join easily. Do that with any other magic oriented characters you might be interested in too unless you want to slowly grind your magic skills.

Iam in chapter 7, at the start of the mouth(fising tournement) and i got, Marieanne, Ingrid, Mercie, Ann and Lysithea(and i had no idea her name's pronunciation was LySIthea and not LysitHEA!)

And now i kinda want to get Sylvain and Felix, just to piss Dimitri off even more!

I actually like how its not that hard to get a character join you.

And i think that riding and flying REQS are lower than others because Marie and Ingrid only needed D in both, but others wanted D+.( i had B support with Marie and C with Ingrid)

Edited by User name

26 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@xchickengirlx I actually recruited Linhardt soon after getting Caspar.

It seems like just getting a B support is enough to recruit anyone because I still had D reason and only 8 magic but he was eager to join the class despite being completely uninterested the week before. So I guess just B support him asap by sharing meals/tea time/gifts and he'll join easily. Do that with any other magic oriented characters you might be interested in too unless you want to slowly grind your magic skills.

Thanks for confirming. Someone over at reddit confirmed this method as well. This just make my planning easier since some skills that required are no use to me for my class plan for Byleth. 

3 hours ago, bufkus said:

I have c support with Lysithea, 17 mag, and C faith. She still won't join though. 😕 guess I need to keep pumping up supports with other students. Doing black Eagles and in chapter 5 with only Sylvain so far.

Get her to B support, i got her with B support and D+ Faith, she may even come to you herself and ask to join youre house.

I have a question: do I have to attend a seminar to raise my reason? Or there  are other way to do so?  I find that exploration more productive (raising my supports, fishing and gardening) 

Apparently, a B support can force recruitment, regardless of stats. Fairly tricky to reach unless you spam flowers, but if there's someone you absolutely want and the RNG isn't helping, then you can just spam gifts, mission assistance and the like.

I read a post on Reddit that Ferdinand's B support will unlocked only after the timeskip? How true is this? Because I plan not to concentrate on Heavy Armor and shower him with gifts in order to recruit him. 

I managed to recruit Cyril today. I’m BL, I’m just at chapter 5 (Sylvain’s brother’s chapter) and Byleth is level 9