The Recruitment War (Reruitment Guide)

Hey guys, I've confirmed that you don't actually need any stats to recruit students.

They join you automatically if you have at least a B rank support with them. I think you only need stats if you want to recruit more than one student per month.

Also, you can recruit at least one knight per month in addition to recruiting a student.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Hey guys, I've confirmed that you don't actually need any stats to recruit students.

They join you automatically if you have at least a B rank support with them. I think you only need stats if you want to recruit more than one student per month.

Also, you can recruit at least one knight per month in addition to recruiting a student.

Oh thanks!!! makes it easy for me to time manage!

If we’re doing faculty, Manuela and Hanneman join (I think automatically) if you ask them after the lion and eagle battle. Catherine and Shamir both joined me at around level 15. Cyril joined me basically the first time I could ask him. Still pre-skip, I have yet to get the prompt to recruit anyone else (Golden Deer route).

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Oh thanks!!! makes it easy for me to time manage!

Yes. I can confirm that I was able to recruit Ingrid with an E rank in Flying, and Marianne with an E rank in Riding. Both were at B support, but even though I got both up to B support in the same month, I could only recruit one per month. 

Importantly, they will ask you to join your house, rather than you asking them.

The "Recruit" option still shows up for normal students even after recruiting one of them.

However, the "recruit" option disappeared for knights after I recruited Shamir, so I think it's one per month for them.

Also, even though I have 15 mag, and C rank Faith, I can't recruit either Annette or Lystheia, even with C support for both of them, so I think the stat requirements are higher than that.

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yes. I can confirm that I was able to recruit Ingrid with an E rank in Flying, and Marianne with an E rank in Riding. Both were at B support, but even though I got both up to B support in the same month, I could only recruit one per month. 

Importantly, they will ask you to join your house, rather than you asking them.

The "Recruit" option still shows up for normal students even after recruiting one of them.

However, the "recruit" option disappeared for knights after I recruited Shamir, so I think it's one per month for them.

I see so at least it trims down working on more harder students to get if you do it the longer way.

It looks like the requirements are some floating total between the stats, skill levels and support points (with support mattering the most). I was able to recruit most everyone I wanted with skill ranks at D+, stats around 15-20, and supports at C (with some friend effort past that). But, it seems the easiest way to get people is just to give everybody as many gifts as possible rather than bothering with raising skills you won’t use.

EDIT: Also, I was able to recruit multiple people (students and knights) in one day, so maybe there’s a difference between recruiting by stats and supports? There WAS a restriction in that you can only attempt to recruit each person once per day, but I didn’t observe any other restriction.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

1 minute ago, Moonlit Knight said:

It looks like the requirements are some floating total between the stats, skill levels and support points (with support mattering the most). I was able to recruit most everyone I wanted with skill ranks at D+, stars around 15-20, and supports at C (with some friend effort past that). But, it seems the easiest way to get people is just to give everybody as many gifts as possible rather than bothering with raising skills you won’t use.

Well, at first, I think people were confusing recruiting based on support with recruiting based on skill, which is why some people were saying that, but I'm not sure.

It is possible that different students have different levels of requirement, though.

Since Geralt gives you a bonus with lances, I can try it out on Leonie, see if I can recruit her at D+. I've got well over 20 strength at level 16. I'm playing black eagles, it's a pain that only she and raphael want strength, while 4 people want magic. Why can't my magic grow faster?!?

Oh wow if it is B support, then by playing NG+, it will be super easy to recruit students if you B ranked them in other files.

Has anyone managed to get B support with Leonie?

I'm trying to recruit her and her B support says "it will take some time before you can deepen this bond". Is it some post skip thingy? She doesn't have the arrows they usually have.

Edited by BaKaDaNaa

2 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

How would I go on increasing my support with the units I want to recruit specifically I'm going for Petra and Ferdi.

Gifts, tea parties and meals are your best bet. You can also ask them for assistance for the next battle.

So it seems like supports are by far the most reliable way to get most students. Makes sense. Actually liking an having a personal connection to a teacher is a much better reason to change classes than 'He swings a sword real good'. Although I guess that one works for Felix. But Felix is an asshole anyway.

28 minutes ago, BaKaDaNaa said:

Has anyone managed to get B support with Leonie?

I'm trying to recruit her and her B support says "it will take some time before you can deepen this bond". Is it some post skip thingy? She doesn't have the arrows they usually have.

It should become available after the (pre-skip) December mission.

So, I want to be clear on this: what exactly do you do in order to recruit anyone? Where is it that you put in, for example, charisma and lance in order to attract ther students?

13 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

So, I want to be clear on this: what exactly do you do in order to recruit anyone? Where is it that you put in, for example, charisma and lance in order to attract ther students?

The game tells you the requirements for each student: 1 stat and 1 skill.

The exact level of skill and stat you need aren’t clear, and may or may not be affected by support level.

this seems to let you recruit them for “free.”

Additionally, you can recruit any student automatically if you have B-rank support with them, but it seems you can only do this once per month.

Finally, knights seem to be purely based on your level, but capped at one per month.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Okay some information I want to  confirm from my own findings.

Hilda is only recruitable in one of the Black eagle routes  and only on the last pre-timeskip month  and from what I gathered she is recruitable from the get go on the blue lions route(I need confirmation for this but I have seen multiple post that indicate this).

With no support level you need B-rank in weapon and 18 in stat(At least I had exactly 18 dex and B-rank authority with no support when I coud recruit ignatz and I couldn't recruit him when I had 17 dex, also needs confirmation). Each support rank lowers the recruirements by one full weapon rank and 5 points in those stats.

When you have a B-rank support there is a chance that on a normal calendar day the students will come to your and ask you to join your class even if you don't meet the requirements.
This is random and can trigger on any week day as far as I know and YOU CAN SOFT RESET for this and it might be possible that multiple students can come in one week(though it didn't happen to me). The chance doesn't seem that high though, even when I had 5 students with B-rank, I had to soft reset multiple times until one student came to me. I can however confirm that this can happen mutiple times a month. Even on the few days before the mission battle even the holy tomb battle (and depending on your choice on the black eagle route your very last chance that you can recruit someone).

Some other notes ,C- rank Leonie is very missable. Casper's and Ferdinand's B-rank is post timeskip so they are harder to recruit, because you can't B-rank them. When you miss a support conversation your support can't get any higher no matter how much you increase your support points. I also missed out on my Rhea C support. 

Edited by Volcano

39 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Okay some information I want to  confirm from my own findings.

Hilda is only recruitable in one of the Black eagle routes  and only on the last pre-timeskip month  and from what I gathered she is recruitable from the get go on the blue lions route(I need confirmation for this but I have seen multiple post that indicate this).

With no support level you need B-rank in weapon and 18 in stat(At least I had exactly 18 dex and B-rank authority with no support when I coud recruit ignatz and I couldn't recruit him when I had 17 dex, also needs confirmation). Each support rank lowers the recruirements by one full weapon rank and 5 points in those stats.

When you have a B-rank support there is a chance that on a normal calendar day the students will come to your and ask you to join your class even if you don't meet the requirements.
This is random and can trigger on any week day as far as I know and YOU CAN SOFT RESET for this and it might be possible that multiple students can come in one week(though it didn't happen to me). The chance doesn't seem that high though, even when I had 5 students with B-rank, I had to soft reset multiple times until one student came to me. I can however confirm that this can happen mutiple times a month. Even on the few days before the mission battle even the holy tomb battle (and depending on your choice on the black eagle route your very last chance that you can recruit someone).

Some other notes ,C- rank Leonie is very missable. Casper's and Ferdinand's B-rank is post timeskip so they are harder to recruit, because you can't B-rank them. When you miss a support conversation your support can't get any higher no matter how much you increase your support points. I also missed out on my Rhea C support. 

Wait are you telling me there's a time limit on supports? So I have to get to B with evetyone before the skip otherwise I'm locked out?

11 minutes ago, timon said:

Wait are you telling me there's a time limit on supports? So I have to get to B with evetyone before the skip otherwise I'm locked out?

Yeah I saw someone show a prompt saying "you missed your chance to deepen the bond with this character" it was with a former student only at C rank but no confirmation about the Knights/Teachers yet if it applies to them but I would be wary just in case. I'm guessing because supports are then and there during the moments in the parts of the game.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

35 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Yeah I saw someone show a prompt saying "you missed your chance to deepen the bond with this character" it was with a former student only at C rank but no confirmation about the Knights/Teachers yet if it applies to them but I would be wary just in case. I'm guessing because supports are then and there during the moments in the parts of the game.

It makes sense from a programming/game design stand point. The convos sometimes take place in specific locations or reference specific events, so it makes sense some of them are time-locked.

35 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

It makes sense from a programming/game design stand point. The convos sometimes take place in specific locations or reference specific events, so it makes sense some of them are time-locked.

I mean you're not wrong, but there were a lot of ways they could've put it, even a stupid scene that goes A: "hey B, remember that time..." --> flashback to the support.
Locking it puts a lot of useless pressure on the player, because while Byleth's supports might be easily achieved I found it quite hard to get enough bond between other characters beyond C rank.

Also it would be nice if they were time-locked properly, some of them are, but goddam to the old man in my profile picture that spoiled me

Spoiler

my own father's death lol, I mean I kind of figured already, but still

3 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

The game tells you the requirements for each student: 1 stat and 1 skill.

The exact level of skill and stat you need aren’t clear, and may or may not be affected by support level.

this seems to let you recruit them for “free.”

Additionally, you can recruit any student automatically if you have B-rank support with them, but it seems you can only do this once per month.

Finally, knights seem to be purely based on your level, but capped at one per month.

And this is one stat and one skill on Byleth, or on any of your class?

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

Some other notes ,C- rank Leonie is very missable. Casper's and Ferdinand's B-rank is post timeskip so they are harder to recruit, because you can't B-rank them. When you miss a support conversation your support can't get any higher no matter how much you increase your support points. I also missed out on my Rhea C support

This is sad to hear to be honest. I plan not invest some free time on my heavy armor to recruit Ferdinand and depend on support method. 

36 minutes ago, Ririn said:

This is sad to hear to be honest. I plan not invest some free time on my heavy armor to recruit Ferdinand and depend on support method. 

To be honest, the fact that we can recruit so many characters purely through B supports is enough of a blessing for me.